Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Attorney at Funk posted:

Today's articles apparently aren't going up until midnight Pacific time - so about 2 and a half hours.

Yeah, about that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I recently bought these sketches from Melissa Benson, the artist that did the original Shivan Dragon. They are working sketches and submissions for Spatula of the Ages from unglued she sent to wizards back in the late 90s.

I figured some of you might enjoy seeing the artistic process behind a painting submission for magic cards.

That's cool as heck, she was one of my favorite artists back in the old days.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I've learned a few things in my welcoming to modern.

First off, if you're blue, you run mindbreak trap in the side because storm exists.

Second, fiery justice makes fish cry.

Third Spreading Seas makes UWR control and Tron cry like babies. :getin:

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
Wouldn't o stone still blow up the spreading seas?

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Count Bleck posted:

I've learned a few things in my welcoming to modern.

First off, if you're blue, you run mindbreak trap in the side because storm exists.

How well does that work? It seems to me that the Storm player could just Grapeshot with an absurd amount of mana available. If it gets trapped they can just keep going after the trap resolves and hope you don't have a second one in hand right?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Not very well at all since going off usually involves flashing back a probe.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So did that new Duels of the Planeswalkers game drop? Want to get it to try and get my girlfriend into mtg.

Quellar
Dec 21, 2007
quit staring at me

KidDynamite posted:

So did that new Duels of the Planeswalkers game drop? Want to get it to try and get my girlfriend into mtg.

Not yet.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/561960-clash-pack-and-intro-decks

Wizards accidentally put up the intro and clash pacl decklists. Some pretty crazy reprints; Hornet Queen, Darksteel Citadel, a whole lot of wall tribal, and more.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Rogue 7 posted:

You could try and find an actual Black Lotus!

(A friend of mine found this somewhere in Spain, I think.)
Ooh, have him find some Moxes next!

(that's cool and quite pretty)

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
If you want to buy vintage cards midday Sunday is going to be the best. Prices dip during the weekend as people draft>sell cards>repeat.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hornet Queen :krad:

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord
How long is VMA going to be out for? I may be a total idiot but I cannot find a stop date on the release announcement.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

The March Hare posted:

How long is VMA going to be out for? I may be a total idiot but I cannot find a stop date on the release announcement.

October 6th.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Gotta admit, Shrapnel Blast and Darksteel Citadel are not among the cards I expected to be in M15.

OssiansFolly
Aug 3, 2012

Suffering at the factory of sadness every year.

Zorak posted:

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/magic-fundamentals/the-rumor-mill/561960-clash-pack-and-intro-decks

Wizards accidentally put up the intro and clash pacl decklists. Some pretty crazy reprints; Hornet Queen, Darksteel Citadel, a whole lot of wall tribal, and more.

Womp womp they fixed the access to the lists. Did anyone get a good list or screen grab?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

OssiansFolly posted:

Womp womp they fixed the access to the lists. Did anyone get a good list or screen grab?

It's on the first page of that link, like 5 posts down.

quote:

Wall of Essence
Child of Night
Accursed Spirit
Solemn Offering
Mass Calcify
Illusory Angel
Encrust
Restock
Peel from Reality
Turn to Frog
Torch Fiend
Gargoyle Sentinel
Clear a Path
Stab Wound
Caustic Tar
Heat Ray
Ornithopter
Bronze Sable
Wall of Frost
Juggernaut
Hoarding Dragon
Darksteel Citadel
Shrapnel Blast
Selfless Cathar
Wall of Mulch
Siege Wurm
Hornet Queen
Overwhelm
Gather Courage
Naturalize
Raise the Alarm
Devouring Light

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
Are there any decent cards with inspiration other than pain seer? Looks like convoke is coming back after all.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Fingers McLongDong posted:

Are there any decent cards with inspiration other than pain seer? Looks like convoke is coming back after all.

King Macar might end up being pretty nuts.

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please
Insert joke about lots of walls being printed right before Mongolian themed block here

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Zorak posted:

I find it incredibly hard to believe they would reprint any artifact land, tho I guess Darksteel was the least good. I guess without any real support (like affinity I mean) it's alright?

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

forbidden lesbian posted:

I find it incredibly hard to believe they would reprint any artifact land, tho I guess Darksteel was the least good. I guess without any real support (like affinity I mean) it's alright?

It's also the only one still unbanned in Modern, so presumably they think it's fine in isolation.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Darksteel Citadel isn't so bad on it's own. The real problem with artifact lands was the rest of the cycle.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I look forward to blowing someone out with a revoke existence.

The March Hare
Oct 15, 2006

Je rêve d'un
Wayne's World 3
Buglord

Angry Grimace posted:

October 6th.

drat, if this is a realpost I don't know why anyone is buying lotii for $300 right now. Obviously the frequency of events firing will slow down but that is a lot of potential supply and, if MTGO legacy is anything to go by, not really very much demand.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fingers McLongDong posted:

The 1/3 tutor nerd has potential, not sure about any others though.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
It feels like something like metalcraft or affinity is coming, there is no real reason to have cards like shrapnel blast, ornithopter, and darksteel citadel if you don't' have cards that care about artifacts.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I'll be suspicious until I see it. Darksteel citadel feels like it's way to odd and complicated to be in a core set in isolation. Which leads me to believe that 1) it's not or 2) There's going to be some sort of artifact/land/indestructible theme in Tarkir.

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
Illusory Angel in Modern could be a thing with Pod and Vial.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Maybe we'll see the return of Fortifications in Tarkir?

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

forbidden lesbian posted:

Yeah, about that...

Haha welp.

Ornithopter, Juggernaut, Darksteel Citadel etc. definitely suggests that either there's supposed to be an Artifact Deck in M15 Limited or there are going to be artifact mechanics in Khans.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

It could also be that core sets are going to be the way they introduce reprints occasionally without having to worry about loving up the flavor of the big fall set.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Zorak posted:

Seems pretty boring and a waste of a slot in a deck that uses either of those.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Stinky Pit posted:

It could also be that core sets are going to be the way they introduce reprints occasionally without having to worry about loving up the flavor of the big fall set.

I thought that was always part of the design.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Let's slide the command cycle into M15 while we're here.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
I could definitely see Khans block using war and sieges as the inspiration for bottom-up mechanics with lots of equipment and maybe even fortifications for real. Equipment works really well with tokens, so laying the groundwork in M15 with convoke and supporting cards makes sense. I don't see Khans being an artifacts matter set like Mirrodin though, it's only been 4 years since Scars block and since Khans is bottom-up design I think they started somewhere else.

Darksteel Citadel could also imply some red Armeggedon effects somewhere in M15/Khans block.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Zorak posted:

I don't think Pod wants a 4/34/4 flier that doesn't do anything. Vial is possible I suppose, but it seems too conditional on actually having the vial.

Edit: vvv Thanks, I think I combined it with Sea Drake in my head.

Elyv fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jun 18, 2014

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Angel is a 4/4, putting it out of Bolt range at least. It's still just a french vanilla beater though.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
So, a while ago, someone was posting art from cards that they thought was really horrific or disturbing. Well, I just found a new one.

That is Sensation Gorger and I never realized Morningtide had such dark things in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

welp, time to make a r/w deck with purphoros again, raise the alarm and convoke :getin:

• Locked thread