Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Confession time. I've seen this picture floating around for a really, really long time and I just now noticed it's an eggplant. I thought it was just some bottle that got caught in a vice or whatever and twisted off, like one of those cheap twistoff drinks for kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

ElectricWizard posted:

From Hell, just outside Trondheim, Norway. They have a blues festival called Blues In Hell. And yes, they have had black metal shows there, although sadly no festivals.

Do they also have flying pigs there? Looks like just the place.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

If you count stage-diving metal-loving cops, then yes.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Yeah, other languages are hilarious.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

They blurred "Oriental" and "Market"?

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe

Ein posted:

It's not the fart that kills you, it's the smell. - reportedly said by a rally driver from Scandinavia.

It's a double pun. "Smäll" in Swedish (pronounced "smell") means bang, or collision.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

PittTheElder posted:

They blurred "Oriental" and "Market"?

It looks to be a snippet from Google Maps, street level, where the focus is really tight.

You can see the car in the reflection of the storefront.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

Hockles posted:

It looks to be a snippet from Google Maps, street level, where the focus is really tight.

You people are so much more observant than me that I think I might be going senile.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Hockles posted:

More like the algorithm to blur the license plates and faces going crazy.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I never understood the whole blurring license plates thing. I mean who cares.

Same Great Paste
Jan 14, 2006

On a long enough time line, eventually someone is going to spot their wife/husband/child's car in front of a strip club/liquor store/dildo factory. Google is just trying to cover their rear end in advance.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Vermin Tanager posted:

Kunta admitted he was, after some encouragement from Vic Morrow.

That must've been before he redefined the term "Helicopter Parent."

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

The Segve

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

Same Great Paste posted:

On a long enough time line, eventually someone is going to spot their wife/husband/child's car in front of a strip club/liquor store/dildo factory. Google is just trying to cover their rear end in advance.

The really funny thing is that they're covering up a thing which is legally mandated to be visible. In driving about on the public roads, you've automatically consented to people seeing and reading your number plates. You're not allowed to hide them, and get in big trouble if you do. That the algorithm is berserk and decides that things like signs, pine trees, and other such sundries are number plates, and blurs them, just makes it funnier.

edit: There was supposed to be an image attached here, but it got eaten, and the "edit" window doesn't have provisions to interact with attachments. Maybe it'll show up later, like they do some times...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Red_October_7000 has a new favorite as of 03:39 on Jun 19, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Hockles posted:

The first thing I noticed (after the name on the sign) was the ©2012 Google watermark. Didn't notice the car reflection until after you pointed it out, and then saw the blur.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Various.

Dishonorable Disco
Dec 22, 2009

the sun always shines on TV

Clearly, that is not an ultrasonic bird.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The gas station I worked at sold candles from this company and we got these in off the truck once. Corporate actually came to get them personally because they weren't appropriate for the store.

Note: This gas station called themselves a family company just because they didn't sell rolling papers.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

this is not funny, it's amazing. I saw one frog right off, then started noticing the others.

Len posted:

Note: This gas station called themselves a family company just because they didn't sell rolling papers.

But do they sell the glass roses?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

ElectricWizard posted:

From Hell, just outside Trondheim, Norway. They have a blues festival called Blues In Hell. And yes, they have had black metal shows there, although sadly no festivals.

I live in Michigan, in the US, and a half hour North of me is another town named Hell. It's a tiny rear end town with like, less than 300 residents, but they really play up the name game. They have a wedding chapel so you can be a match made in Hell, for example, and they regularly hold a marathon there where you can run through Hell. They had a huge party on June 6th, 2006.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Choco1980 posted:

I live in Michigan, in the US, and a half hour North of me is another town named Hell. It's a tiny rear end town with like, less than 300 residents, but they really play up the name game. They have a wedding chapel so you can be a match made in Hell, for example, and they regularly hold a marathon there where you can run through Hell. They had a huge party on June 6th, 2006.

There's a road leading into Hell, Michigan called Darwin.

As a recovering creationist, I love that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

How did they get it out of the deep fryer? :tinfoil:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Waiter, I ordered batata song :argh:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Met posted:

:nms:

http://imgur.com/gallery/xvcYN

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Met posted:

Tongs.

It's tongs all the way down.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

:nms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsBYtTYc_9A

Teriyaki Hairpiece has a new favorite as of 16:39 on Jun 19, 2014

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer

Man you gotta warn people before you link that video

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Oh yeah, warning, it's a video that advocates for safety in kitchens where a lady gets hideously burned.

Ouzo On Ice
Jun 21, 2005
A 4th grader's version of the Washington Monument.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Choco1980 posted:

When it was really cold and snowy this previous winter I saw them do a news report about the cold from Hell just so they can go "Hurr, Hell has frozen over! :haw:"

Lazlow
Nov 30, 2004

Amphion posted:

There's got to be someone who carries the super giant one though.

Old, but oh my loving god the reviews on this are hilarious.

quote:

Received this knife as a gift for my 18th birthday. Wish I'd have known what it was because as soon as I touched it, I grew a mustache and became a Navy Seal. Mom fainted and my dad laughed and handed me a beer. I was born a girl.

quote:

As soon as I found out how much my husband spent on this, I left him. Bad move. It represented him at the divorce hearing. I now pay $10,000 a month in alimony.

quote:

forgot the knife in the front pocket of my Swiss Army shorts and when my wife washed them it completely disassembled our washing machine

There's over 400 of them :laffo:

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

As horrifying as that is they had a couple of really good follow-up ones (despite appearances there is no gore on :nms: elements in this unless you have vertigo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SZWc9Wkt8M

Like the previous video, a series of negligent actions leads towards a disaster but the person gets a last-minute save because a single safety measure was properly taken. There's a similar one I can't find with someone who gets his shirt pinned to a saw feed conveyor and laments about, among other things, how the emergency cutoff has been in need of repairs for weeks. Then someone hits the emergency cutoff, stopping it at the last second, saying they fixed it that morning.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted

Ouzo On Ice posted:

I'd pay 5000 bucks for it and put it up in a museum. It's veiny and everything.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Ouzo On Ice posted:

Scuse me that is CLEARLY the Bill Clinton Memorial Monument.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

univbee posted:

As horrifying as that is they had a couple of really good follow-up ones (despite appearances there is no gore on :nms: elements in this unless you have vertigo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SZWc9Wkt8M

Like the previous video, a series of negligent actions leads towards a disaster but the person gets a last-minute save because a single safety measure was properly taken. There's a similar one I can't find with someone who gets his shirt pinned to a saw feed conveyor and laments about, among other things, how the emergency cutoff has been in need of repairs for weeks. Then someone hits the emergency cutoff, stopping it at the last second, saying they fixed it that morning.

That's "Machine Shop"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oqp10n-9no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Evilreaver posted:

That's "Machine Shop"

That's the one, thanks!

• Locked thread