Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

I like this one, honestly. Sam looks so tired.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The art was good but the joke just wasn't funny. If he needed Sam to be tired all it needed was an "Ugg,", "Ehh, whatever," or "Well I'm not going to pay for that one." As it his statement about tables makes you look for a smashed up one but find none.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

Puntification posted:

I sometimes get the impression the guardian and the observer secretly hate their readership, like they're stuck in this niche that turns out not even to be profitable so they publish a Kelvin McKenzie editorial on how Murdoch is the savour of the British Media or whatever just to spite them.

I think all journalists hate their readers to some degree, but Collins just pokes fun at white middle class liberal guilt.

I was surprised to see that Loomus was still going, so I thought I'd look it up to see if it was any good. Sadly it is even more achingly banal than Collins. :smith:

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.
I quite like Tom Gauld's stuff - he does/used to do the cartoon next to the letters in the Guardian Literary Supplement. It's never really political though - just literary nerd jokes and pictures of spacemen.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Tony Blair, Iraq and Syria - Martin Rowson on Tony Blair's call for limited military intervention to drive militant group Isis out of Iraq and restore order in Syria" After Gow, but I can't find it.

Yesterday's Sunday Telegraph:

Brad Pitt joins Angelina Jolie on 'Team Hague' at global rape summit

Telegraph:

Iraq conflict: Iran's Rouhani 'ready to help'

Independent:

Times:

Express:

England 1-2 Italy

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

The world cup leads to an increase in domestic violence. A truthful cartoon.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

goatface posted:

The world cup leads to an increase in domestic violence. A truthful cartoon.

Somebody, somewhere is making a lot of money on yellow sofas with red dots.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Cliff Racer posted:

The art was good but the joke just wasn't funny. If he needed Sam to be tired all it needed was an "Ugg,", "Ehh, whatever," or "Well I'm not going to pay for that one." As it his statement about tables makes you look for a smashed up one but find none.

Iraq is made from the wood of the table.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the US-Iran response to the Iraq crisis – Obama administration says it is willing to enter into discussions with Tehran as jihadists capture northern Iraq city of Tal Afar" After Low.

Telegraph:

Nick Clegg pledges to protect education spending; Prince George photographed walking

Independent:

After Galton and Simpson.

Times:

Express:

Maybe I should have done a World Cup cartoon count.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cloud Potato posted:

Express:

Maybe I should have done a World Cup cartoon count.

RIP A. Fox. :qq: There's an owl, though, which I like better than a badger.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Badger is right above the owl.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the reopening of the British embassy in Iran – William Hague says diplomatic base in Tehran to be restored as west looks to Iran to help tackle Isis-led insurgency in Iraq" also Ex-Gove aide accused of 'anger' issues after PM attack, calling Cameron "a sphinx without a riddle"

Telegraph:

Cameron vows to oppose Juncker EU boss candidacy 'to the end'

Independent:

Times:

Express:

Chinese Premier Li Keqiang meets the Queen on UK visit

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the NHS and cosmetic surgery – Jeremy Hunt, the health secretary, has expressed his strong opposition to the NHS funding cosmetic surgery at a time when it is under heavy financial pressure"

Independent:

Iraq formally asks US to launch air strikes against rebels After Zec.

Times:

Express:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The car in the bottom right corner is something out of this world. Alien optics laws at work.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Nah mate it's one of them benefits scroungers' lamborghinis innit

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's a car full of the billions of immigrants that definitely arrived this year, right in the middle of switching off its cloaking device.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Like a stopped clock, the caption is entirely correct as migrant workers are net contributors to the tax system.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?

'Dear, please stop saying that terrible joke to everyone we pass on our walk, no-one cares'

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.
Hur hur hur, I like this one

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Ed Miliband and new IPPR report – Labour planning to end out-of-work benefits for 100,000 18-to-21-year-olds – as hacked party tweet says 'everyone should have their own owl'"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Ladies' Day at Ascot; Ed Miliband fails to look normal while eating bacon sandwich ahead of campaign tour

Independent:

Times:

Express:

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
Why is Ed a giant?

The New Black
Oct 1, 2006

Had it, lost it.

Not that it really matters but I guess it's also referencing the "holding up The Sun" thing.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Obliterati posted:

Why is Ed a giant?

Spacetime warps in unnatural and fiendish ways on Britain's borders, due to the close proximity with The Foreign Zones

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

"Migrant Camp: keep out".

A beautifully subversive piece of irony, a subliminal message, or Freudian slip?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

The New Black posted:

Not that it really matters but I guess it's also referencing the "holding up The Sun" thing.

Yes, of course.

[via Twitter user @moonjam]

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

I really like this one to look at. Look at those monstrous little push-bots!

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Michael Gove and 'British values' - New clauses spell out how governors should demonstrate 'British values' in schools, giving the secretary of state powers to close schools if they do not comply"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Caspar David Friedrich.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Why does Salmond have two English flags up his arse and why is he driving a blue car? Why blue? Why a car? I don't understand it.

Is it just hurrr Salmond puts stuff up his bum?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Coohoolin posted:

Why does Salmond have two English flags up his arse and why is he driving a blue car? Why blue? Why a car? I don't understand it.

"Independent Scotland, am I right? Hahahahaha!" I'm guessing

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

I like the Torygraph's one, it's surprisingly accurate (it was Labour's lead to lose and they hosed it up). Also all the sheer "HURRR JOCKS AMIRITE" vitriol has done more to convince me of the merits of Scottish independence than any SNP supporter.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Coohoolin posted:

It's the Rorshach Test of cartoons. Put Salmond in a kilt (of course) with his arse showing (of course) and objects stuffed up there (am i rite) and something vaguely related to an event (England losing) and let the reader create their own joke in their mind!

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
They've finally found someone to blame for the football debacle then.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Malaki is running out of road - David Simonds on the chaos engulfing Iraq and its prime minister"

Sunday Telegraph:

Independent on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Ed Miliband's poll lead - Some members of the Labour party question Miliband's ability to be elected prime minister, while David Cameron is in Europe and Tony Blair has entered the fray over what to do in Iraq."

Telegraph:

PM to call 'unprecedented' vote on Juncker EU appointment; Start of Wimbledon.

Independent:

Sunni militants 'seize Iraq's western border crossings'

Times:

[Can't make out who it's after, apologies.]

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Cloud Potato posted:

Times:

[Can't make out who it's after, apologies.]
I think it's Emanuel Leutze.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

Everyone in that Indy one looks like they're thinking 'why did I turn up for this cartoon?'

And can you imagine if Rowson actually got someone to make those Blair skull masks? Holy poo poo, best halloween (and robberies) ever. What's the little BBC thing? Some combo see no evil/hear no evil monkey?

Sundayturks
May 31, 2011

You were expecting...Sandy Claws?

Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

What's the little BBC thing? Some combo see no evil/hear no evil monkey?

See no evil, hear no evil, babble into the BBC.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun
A certain favourite Express character is on the cover of the latest Private Eye.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

EAT SHIT

That would have had me giggling uncontrollably if I saw it in the shop

But then I used to laugh at the expressions on cat food cans (late-night/early-morning Tesco gig, it does that to you)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Stottie Kyek posted:

A certain favourite Express character is on the cover of the latest Private Eye.

Nice!

Guardians:

"Steve Bell on George Osborne and elected city mayors – Calling for a new 'northern powerhouse' George Osborne showed renewed support for elected mayors saying there were big advantages in having an elected representative to fight for a city's interests"

"Steve Bell on Rupert Murdoch and Rebekah Brooks – Rebekah Brooks, former editor of the News of the World, has been found not guilty of phone hacking and three other charges"

"Steve Bell on David Cameron's response to Coulson's guilt – Andy Coulson, formerly David Cameron's director of communications, was found guilty on Tuesday of conspiring to hack phones." After Tenniel.

Telegraphs:

High-speed rail link needed to boost north - Osborne

Juncker EU presidency: UK loses opposition allies

Independents:

Luis Suarez bite: Uruguay striker banned for four months

Timeses:

Andy Murray appoints Amelie Mauresmo as coach

Expresses:

Royal visit to Belfast: Queen and Duke of Edinburgh visit Crumlin Road Gaol and Game of Thrones set

• Locked thread