Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Won't it be weird, in english, to hear Yu and Adachi talk to each other?

Yeah, but who honestly cares? If they wanted to solve this problem they should've recasted Yu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

S-Alpha posted:

There's also some new images over here that I'm too lazy to mirror. He's stealing Ziodyne from Elizabeth, looks like.

Why are the gallery thumbnails just a zoom in of his crotch?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Golden Goat posted:

you're saying that like it's a bad thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Golden Goat posted:

Why would they not be?

Also, lemme tell you what's gonna be weird. It's when Adachi and SHO hit their sinister looking IKs and then Time to Make History starts playing.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Why would they not be?

Excels posted:

you're saying that like it's a bad thing.

I just never knew there were others that loved Adachi as much as I do.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

I just never knew there were others that loved Adachi as much as I do.
Adachi's a pretty popular character. For some reasons more than others.

Anyway was wondering if an official release date for Arena Ultimax was announced for the West. I'm in the US and Amazon is saying the release date's September 30, 2014. Just wondering if that's them just putting up a date or official.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's the official date. Altus USA is doing what they did last game and localizing it as it's being made so the game gets released close to the Japanese release.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

That's the official date. Altus USA is doing what they did last game and localizing it as it's being made so the game gets released close to the Japanese release.

I wish more Japanese games were made this way, tbh

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Excels posted:

They're a lot better, people say Teddie and Rise are kind of annoying but I think they're fine. Originally I switched in P4A when I heard Chie's voice pop up in a cutscene. Slammed the brakes hard on that and switched to Japanese.
You actually like Japanese Teddie?

There's something wrong with you, man.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

S-Alpha posted:

Adachi trailer's up now, woo. I love his animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8UuRFuO30

Now with English subtitles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uTVqy6SMnc

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Detective Cabbage, Private Egotist
Much better

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

S-Alpha posted:

Adachi trailer's up now, woo. I love his animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP8UuRFuO30

He packs a handgun but his entire moveset consists of awkward, gangly kicks and pistol-whipping people.

His throw has him take a minute to point and laugh at you.

Adachi you might be pathologically incapable of feeling empathy but that's no reason we can't be best friends.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dunno if anyone noticed, but Adachi's opening animation with his yellow coat is actually a reference to a concept design of his.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
I wouldn't be surprised if the gun was empty and he just enjoys holding it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

PunkBoy posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if the gun was empty and he just enjoys holding it.

It's a mind game. You see your opponent bring a gun to the fight, the last thing you expect is for him to kick the poo poo out of you.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Cleretic posted:

It's a mind game. You see your opponent bring a gun to the fight, the last thing you expect is for him to trip you and double over laughing at you.

His is the best throw.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Beef Waifu posted:

Dunno if anyone noticed, but Adachi's opening animation with his yellow coat is actually a reference to a concept design of his.

Doesn't he wear that briefly at the start of the game/anime, too? When the first body is found.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Endorph posted:

Doesn't he wear that briefly at the start of the game/anime, too? When the first body is found.

Nah, the first thing you see of Adachi is him rushing off to go vomit. Even a bit later during the opening parts of P4 the dude's using an umbrella, he never actually wears that coat. I don't remember the anime though, he might've worn it in that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

He packs a handgun but his entire moveset consists of awkward, gangly kicks and pistol-whipping people.

Adachi you might be pathologically incapable of feeling empathy but that's no reason we can't be best friends.
That's probably the funniest thing about Adachi's playstyle: the gun is for show. This is a guy who admits in-game that the only reason he became a police officer was to legally own a gun, and he never uses it.

Also, I hadn't really noticed it until you mentioned it, but the sprite work for Adachi does make him way more ganglier and noodle-like than in P4 proper.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

AradoBalanga posted:

That's probably the funniest thing about Adachi's playstyle: the gun is for show. This is a guy who admits in-game that the only reason he became a police officer was to legally own a gun, and he never uses it.

Also, I hadn't really noticed it until you mentioned it, but the sprite work for Adachi does make him way more ganglier and noodle-like than in P4 proper.

I think a number of the characters look way noodlier than their previous versions.

Look at Ken, for example. He's like 13, but he has a serious case of the CLAMP.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sleeping Sigma posted:

I think a number of the characters look way noodlier than their previous versions.

Look at Ken, for example. He's like 13, but he has a serious case of the CLAMP.
And then you have the opposite with Kanji, who's 16 and somehow a brick shithouse.

Although that's more ArcSys bias towards grappler character design.

Hyun.
May 8, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

Is that a throw, or is it a counter style uppercut, like Chie has?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a throw, it has the same hitspark effect that all throws have.

Hyun.
May 8, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

It's a throw, it has the same hitspark effect that all throws have.

Now I'm sad.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKciKVkUp1o

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Beautiful.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I kind of wish there really was a Shadow Adachi mode, and Shadow Adachi is just freaking the gently caress out and demanding that the other person stop them before they kill again.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So most of you probably missed it, but AtlusUSA streamed some Ultimax earlier and among other things such as it having playable Rise and Ken there is are three random selects on the character screen. Two of these are on opposite ends of the character select, while one is in the middle of the bottom row. One of these is no doubt a placeholder spot for Adachi, but that leaves one more that is obviously a placeholder spot for someone.

http://www.twitch.tv/atlususa

I'm assuming Margaret.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Beef Waifu posted:

So most of you probably missed it, but AtlusUSA streamed some Ultimax earlier and among other things such as it having playable Rise and Ken there is are three random selects on the character screen. Two of these are on opposite ends of the character select, while one is in the middle of the bottom row. One of these is no doubt a placeholder spot for Adachi, but that leaves one more that is obviously a placeholder spot for someone.

I'm assuming Margaret.

I was watching that earlier, Rise has one of the best, dumbest supers I've ever seen.

G-Prime
Apr 30, 2003

Baby, when it's love,
if it's not rough it isn't fun.

Beef Waifu posted:

I'm assuming Margaret.

I wouldn't put it past them that the one in the middle is Adachi, and both of the end ones are legit. Other games have done that. I believe one of the Mortal Kombat games did, and I think one of the Street Fighter vs Capcom games as well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That could be the case true, I think even vanilla P4A had two randoms on opposite ends of the character select.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh5Zgqj9JgU

The color palettes are pretty crazy this time around, probably like 17+ per character, including pure gold, sepia tone, black and white...

Also everyone has Velvet Room colors. It rules

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
I am posting about Shadow Labrys and there's nothing anyone can do about it!

We'll need a translation to actually infer anything from the story segments. Could be S.Lab[Asterius] is involved in the story, or they could have just lifted an S.Lab[Ariadne] bit for this trailer.

I recall going into S.Lab's sound test in vanilla P4A, and the PERSONA, ASTERIUS lines were present there (albeit unused as far as I know?), so we can't reliably infer anything from that, either, until above.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

I only wish this was official.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krPTsm4T_uQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAMIAbiya-I

Subbed Shadow Labrys and Chie trailers.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What kind of accent does Labrys have? It sounds entirely fake but I can't tell what she's faking. At first I thought it was a bad fake of a british street youth by an american, then I noticed some ?? New York slang or pronunciation? I live in California and am first language english, not American, and I can't tell what on earth is up with her accent. I have trouble believing anyone talks like that. How wrong am I?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's a phony Brooklyn accent.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

redreader posted:

What kind of accent does Labrys have? It sounds entirely fake but I can't tell what she's faking. At first I thought it was a bad fake of a british street youth by an american, then I noticed some ?? New York slang or pronunciation? I live in California and am first language english, not American, and I can't tell what on earth is up with her accent. I have trouble believing anyone talks like that. How wrong am I?

Brooklyn/Boston New England general thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

She sounds like the scout from TF2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ken's still being voiced by Mona Marshall.

• Locked thread