Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hate being friends with family members on Facebook. They keep sharing articles with titles like "OBUMMER USES EXECUTIVE VETO POWERS TO STRIP REDSKINS OF NAME"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ehud posted:

I hate being friends with family members on Facebook. They keep sharing articles with titles like "OBUMMER USES EXECUTIVE VETO POWERS TO STRIP REDSKINS OF NAME"

Oh god mine too.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
If you are Snyder why not name the the Washington Grey's to poke fun at your own racism while looking like you are trying to honor an Old Washignton team.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Ehud posted:

I had a friend wonder why Obama is worried about this instead of anchor babies. Yup.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Atticus Finch posted:

I had a friend wonder why Obama is worried about this instead of anchor babies. Yup.

I starting to think that when conservatives yell about BIG GOVERNMENT, they think that Government is literally Obama. Like, one big giant that is only capable of doing one thing at a time. The Eye of Sauron but without the army of orcs.

There's no other plausible answer why people will earnestly say that the USPTO should be investigating Benghazi or IRS Emails.

:sigh:

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Nybble posted:

I starting to think that when conservatives yell about BIG GOVERNMENT, they think that Government is literally Obama.

As a rule, people are stupid, especially when given the freedom to basically do whatever they feel like non-stop, like facebook/twitter.

But BIG GOVERNMENT to conservatives isn't Obama, it's filthy Liberals. :argh:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

To those suggesting Washington Warthogs:

They were an indoor soccer team from 1994-1997 and this logo owns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Warthogs

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
The Washington Georges.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/FeH2Oboy/status/479380324976033792/photo/1

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Isn't part of the resistance because Washington fans want their rivalry with the Cowboys to "match" the team names?

The Washington Cholera
The Washington Dysentery
The Washington Typhoid

I'm sure Seth MacFarlane could consult.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

Mind_Taker posted:

To those suggesting Washington Warthogs:

They were an indoor soccer team from 1994-1997 and this logo owns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washington_Warthogs

Hakuna matata...

Redtails, Warhogs, Senators, Monuments and Warthogs are the best alt names in order of bestness.

Also, hoorah for the... US Patent Office? Okay!

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Doppelganger posted:

Isn't part of the resistance because Washington fans want their rivalry with the Cowboys to "match" the team names?

It is part of it, but I'm not sure why. The Indians lost...

(we are the stupidest fanbase on the planet)

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Doppelganger posted:

Washington Aliens

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Knightmere posted:

Washington Aliens

Washington Pinkertons.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I find any suggestion that the Redskins change their brand to "honor" some other ethnic group to be gimmicky. Yeah, we all get it. There are a lot of black people in D.C. Let's call the team Redtails/Carvers/Southeast Jeromes

Call them Washington Reskins

Komet fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 19, 2014

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Washington Half-Smokes

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Washington Barbed Wire

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Frackie Robinson posted:

Washington Warhawks

We will talk a big offensive game, but probably just go 3-and-out on every drive.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Komet posted:

Southeast Jeromes

Logo is Marion Barry.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Doppelganger posted:

The Washington Earps? (e: holy poo poo, the branding potential. Start calling your luxury boxes 'the OK Corral', et cetera.)

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
As a lifelong Redskins fan, I'm thrilled about this development. I really, really want the name to change and the sooner the better. I basically can't read any Redskins blogs these days because of the vile poo poo people post in support of the name. I'm ashamed of soooo much of the fanbase and I just can't get excited for football to start because of it. I don't want to be on the same side as these people.

I just want to read about and root for my football team without broader social implications. I'm jealous of pretty much every other football team.

Edit:

CannonFodder posted:

Los Washington Zetas.

Yes please.

AhhYes fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Jun 19, 2014

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Doppelganger posted:

Los Washington Zetas.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Federals

Mascots: Cliven Bundy vs Federal Agents

rivalry restored

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Bob James posted:

It should be the Washington Weenies with the new logo being a tiny penis.

Washington Dan Snyder's Tiny Penis.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Nybble posted:

Dallas Cowboys vs Washington Federals

Mascots: Cliven Bundy vs Federal Agents

rivalry restored
I could get behind the Washington G-Men, with the uniform resembling a black suit and the helmet has a dark faceshield and an eirpiece.

Also it would piss off the NY Giants fans to no end.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

AsInHowe posted:

Washington Dan Snyder's Tiny Penis.

The largest part of it was swallowed by a mohel anyway.

Luceo
Apr 29, 2003

As predicted in the Bible. :cheers:

CannonFodder posted:

I could get behind the Washington G-Men, with the uniform resembling a black suit and the helmet has a dark faceshield and an eirpiece.

Ha, this was my high school's mascot. Our drum line occasionally broke from the band uniforms and marched in wearing dark suits, sunglasses, and fedoras. :cool:

Alternatively, the Washington Bureaucrats, mascot is Hermes Conrad.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CannonFodder posted:

Also it would piss off the NY Giants fans to no end.

argh i already feel the rage brewing

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Doppelganger posted:

The Washington Cholera
The Washington Dysentery
The Washington Typhoid

I'm sure Seth MacFarlane could consult.

Well if they really want the rivalry to match then the Cowboys should change their name to the White Devils.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
The timeframe that would be realistic for a name change is when the FedEx Field lease is up and a move back to the site of RFK is realistic. The federal government will make it a priority to change.

But they would be back in they District hurray

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Raljon Redskins

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Hey guys, you know what would be funny? If Dan Snyder renamed the team the Washington... SNYDERS! Then he could see how it feels to be part of the name of a prejudiced team. :twisted: Or what about, the Washington Bad Free Agency Contracts?? Seems like he's always making bad decisions in free agency! Maybe something about the government... Washington Liars anyone? Or maybe he should just call it the Washington RG3s. Heaven knows Robert's ego is big enough!

Anyone else have any more funny suggestions for what the Redskins could be renamed to? :xd:

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

Burger Trench posted:

Hey guys, you know what would be funny? If Dan Snyder renamed the team the Washington... SNYDERS! Then he could see how it feels to be part of the name of a prejudiced team. :twisted: Or what about, the Washington Bad Free Agency Contracts?? Seems like he's always making bad decisions in free agency! Maybe something about the government... Washington Liars anyone? Or maybe he should just call it the Washington RG3s. Heaven knows Robert's ego is big enough!

Anyone else have any more funny suggestions for what the Redskins could be renamed to? :xd:

Boom

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

AsInHowe posted:

Raljon Redskins

Man, I popped in NFL 2K5 for nostalgia's sake a couple months back, and they say "RALJON MARYLAND" every time it's a Redskins home game. That's almost as embarrassing to the franchise as the name debate.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Luceo posted:

Ha, this was my high school's mascot. Our drum line occasionally broke from the band uniforms and marched in wearing dark suits, sunglasses, and fedoras. :cool:

My Manwich!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Luceo posted:

Wait, how hasn't MV banned you yet?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Parlett316 posted:

But they would be back in they District hurray

I don't know why people get so wound up over that.

Also that Bureaucrats is terrible because that would mean I'd be the mascot and that is dumb as poo poo.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

swickles posted:

Wait, how hasn't MV banned you yet?

Washington Animes.

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Sash! posted:

I don't know why people get so wound up over that.

It's 10 miles from the capital but it feels like it's in the middle of nowhere. Having a parking pass makes it less of a lovely experience though.

Going to Eagles, Ravens and Steelers games it was weird to be able to go to a bar, have some beer and then go walk to the stadium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Parlett316 posted:

It's 10 miles from the capital but it feels like it's in the middle of nowhere. Having a parking pass makes it less of a lovely experience though.

Going to Eagles, Ravens and Steelers games it was weird to be able to go to a bar, have some beer and then go walk to the stadium.

But there's that death march from the metro stadium, with all the people selling water and the bucket drummers :v:

RFK is also in a sea of concrete, even if that sea of concrete is closer.

• Locked thread