Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So I guess I'm moving to Cleveland in a year and a half. The girlfriend is at her corporate training and they have pretty much locked her in for a corporate position after her minimum time as a property manager (1 year). Is the song correct, does Cleveland in fact rock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I think they were talking about a different kind of rock, dude.

Just finished derusting the windshield bonding flange on my aunt's 97 rav4. Somehow it was rusted as bad as my MJ's (all the way across, so it rained inside whenever it rained outside) but on like 30% of the bond perimeter instead of only about ten inches in one spot. Even where it wasn't rusted, the urethane pulled right off in a lot of places.

Some total loving hack put a windshield in this thing in the past, gouged the poo poo out of the metal, did a shite job of urethane priming it, and a shite job of applying the urethane, too, is what I am getting at here. I did a better job on my very first windshield install.

Hacks shouldn't be allowed to do windshield installs. :argh:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

So I guess I'm moving to Cleveland in a year and a half. The girlfriend is at her corporate training and they have pretty much locked her in for a corporate position after her minimum time as a property manager (1 year). Is the song correct, does Cleveland in fact rock?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

I think they were talking about a different kind of rock, dude.

Oh goody.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

goatse guy posted:

At least you'll be riding to the brink of insanity in style.

Yep. The best looking rides ever produced in this garage :smug:

in their natural state

Edit: Oh yeah, the Jag is fitted with this.

400 SBC bored over to a 406, with a turbo 400 behind it all. The carb needs a little tinkering, but it runs like a god drat raped ape. AC even works. My G/F's dad is already ready to help me figure out how to make the engine have a little more rumble on the exhaust. I am not thrilled about the 400 SBC, but once it takes a dump, and all the work is done, I can shove a built 383 in its place easy.

The heater isnt hooked up as the wonderful British engineering is making it hot when it should be cold. :rolleyes:

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jun 19, 2014

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BrokenKnucklez posted:

in their natural state

:tviv:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That cardboard looks suspiciously fresh.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Geirskogul posted:

That cardboard looks suspiciously fresh.

new to this whole british thing, arent we.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Congrats on your JTR!
A 400 can still be fun, but for how long depends on what it's out of.

On the pizza chat, I worked at a pizza place that recommended keeping another shirt in the car if for some reason we were involved in an accident.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep
Do we have a tire thread? I need to pick out some tires and they need to be great at everything but also cheap.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

mafoose posted:

Congrats on your JTR!
A 400 can still be fun, but for how long depends on what it's out of.

Seller claims a 3/4 Truck. It's not a fantastic motor, but it runs well. I figure worst case scenario, it fries and I can go the route of a 383, because I already have a 400 crank :v:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I finally broke down and picked up Spintires on Steam. Totally worth the $30 ($26 after a trading card selling spree :v: ) It's fun to just go bogging through a river in a big rear end truck, no fucks given.

Can't recommend this enough :D

EDIT: Also, I just noticed I got the achievement for driving 300m with your parking brake on and no diff lock... I have terrible awareness of my vehicle's parking brake apparently :cripes:

T1g4h fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jun 19, 2014

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I am not thrilled about the 400 SBC, but once it takes a dump

It won't if it wasn't hacked up by a retard. Most of the 'issues' with overheating 400s are due to redneck bodge-jobs putting the wrong heads on that don't have coolant passages in them. If you use the proper 400 specific heads they're fine.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

NADA must be making GBS threads their pants big-time over Tesla and direct sales, they've just put out this piece of bullshit propaganda:

http://www.nada.org/GetTheFacts

NADA bullshit posted:

Local franchised auto dealers:

1. Fiercely compete for your business and drive consumer prices down.
2. Take the side of consumers in warranty and safety recalls.
3. Create good-paying local jobs and significant tax revenue for local communities.
3. Simplify an otherwise complex car-buying experience.

:lol:

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 19, 2014

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

All of those except #3 are diametrically opposite of what a dealer does; I can say from first-hand experience that our prices were grossly inflated compared to independents, that 'consumers' are the last loving thing you're worried about when the manufacturer is trying to shove a recall campaign/warranty time up your rear end, and that the car buying experience is as obtuse as possible.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Do this to the Jag and have the best car

KozmoNaut posted:

NADA must be making GBS threads their pants big-time over Tesla and direct sales, they've just put out this piece of bullshit propaganda:
Ah yeah they're worried and that list is hilarious. I've tried to buy cars from a dealership and got fed up with the bullshit and them trying to upsell me poo poo I didn't want or need. I hope the 'Tesla Model' for dealerships takes off.

:steam: summer sale begins in ~6 hours or so. I've sold enough random cards to fund a few games.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Jun 19, 2014

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

NitroSpazzz posted:

:steam: summer sale begins in ~6 hours or so.

gently caress :shepspends:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Do this to the Jag and have the best car

Surely this is a live-axle conversion? There doesn't appear to be enough room under there for jaguar's 'special' IRS.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

:steam: summer sale begins in ~6 hours or so. I've sold enough random cards to fund a few games.

http://gaben.tv/

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

KozmoNaut posted:

http://www.nada.org/GetTheFacts

Ahahahahahahahaha. Most of the dealers around here can go piss up a rope, $2k deposit to just test drive one of their precious v6 mustangs? 7.9% financing is a really good deal on a new car? Yeah, I'm sure it is for you, ahahaha

Reminds me of the realtor propaganda I've been seeing around, they're really running some aggressive ads trying to use fear tactics for people to start using realtors. I guess their business has been cannibalized by things like comission free listing and the :siren::siren: Internet :siren::siren:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Bajaha posted:

Ahahahahahahahaha. Most of the dealers around here can go piss up a rope, $2k deposit to just test drive one of their precious v6 mustangs? 7.9% financing is a really good deal on a new car? Yeah, I'm sure it is for you, ahahaha

They want a deposit for a test drive? Are they actively trying to push people to Craigslist?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I live in Cleveland. It's not so bad. Anything that you're curious about in particular?

I knew what those videos were going to be even before I clicked. Those videos are great.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Apparently, Dominos pizza uses electric scooters in many countries. They added a novelty "safe sound" system to some of them. Note: "lekker" means tasty, I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n17B_uFF4cA

And, electric Harley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdaEX5jh5Lk

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

A couple months ago my apartment complex came under new ownership. Since then, on two occasions, I've noticed bright orange stickers slapped on any cars with expired tags/registrations warning that they'd be towed within the next three days or so if they don't get renewed.

For whatever reason this year I actually got my tags taken care of before they expired, but normally I let it go a couple months or until I get pulled over for it and have my annual chat with a polite cop. What gives an apartment complex the right to have your car towed if it has expired tags? Is it likely some hidden clause in the byzantine lease you have to sign? No one reads that poo poo with a fine tooth comb.

I just think the practice of towing your lessee's cars is shady as gently caress and a kick in the nuts. Woe to the renter who hasn't updated his tags because it would require a valid inspection that he knows he would fail because he can't afford to fix his leaky exhaust because he makes poo poo money as a pizza delivery guy (not hating on you STR!). Congratulations, now you have lost your means of employment, and owe $350 you don't have to a towing company as well as any storage fees.

Just rubs me the wrong way.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

The Midniter posted:

What gives an apartment complex the right to have your car towed if it has expired tags? Is it likely some hidden clause in the byzantine lease you have to sign? No one reads that poo poo with a fine tooth comb.

You just answered your own question. Everyone should read that stuff - that's what keeps you out of trouble and gives you power if they're not doing their job. The devil is in the details. You signed a lease, you are subject to those terms and conditions.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I'd guess it's their way of weeding out the "undesirables".

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

The Midniter posted:

Woe to the renter who hasn't updated his tags because it would require a valid inspection that he knows he would fail because he can't afford to fix his leaky exhaust because he makes poo poo money as a pizza delivery guy (not hating on you STR!). Congratulations, now you have lost your means of employment, and owe $350 you don't have to a towing company as well as any storage fees.

That kind of renter is not wanted. It indicates someone who likely won't be able to pay their rent at some point, which ends up costing a lot of money to the owner/management company if/when it comes to the point of an eviction.

Whether any of that is true or not doesn't matter. But that's how it APPEARS, and it's an easy sorting mechanism.

Also, by strictly enforcing that the complex is less likely to have any old cars sitting around. This is also for appearance/increased value.

If or when they are having trouble getting enough renters those policies will relax. But it sounds like they're doing just fine.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mariooncrack posted:

I live in Cleveland. It's not so bad. Anything that you're curious about in particular?

I guess the area is called Pepper Pike, a slightly upscale area? Know anything about this place? Proximity to downtown? How car enthusiast unfriendly is Cleveland? Taylor (the lady) got a parking ticket yesterday at a parking meter but the meter wasn't expired.

Edit: oh yeah, this just happened.

199.6. Under 200 for the first time in god knows when, 20 pounds lost.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 19, 2014

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Midniter posted:

A couple months ago my apartment complex came under new ownership. Since then, on two occasions, I've noticed bright orange stickers slapped on any cars with expired tags/registrations warning that they'd be towed within the next three days or so if they don't get renewed.

For whatever reason this year I actually got my tags taken care of before they expired, but normally I let it go a couple months or until I get pulled over for it and have my annual chat with a polite cop. What gives an apartment complex the right to have your car towed if it has expired tags? Is it likely some hidden clause in the byzantine lease you have to sign? No one reads that poo poo with a fine tooth comb.

I just think the practice of towing your lessee's cars is shady as gently caress and a kick in the nuts. Woe to the renter who hasn't updated his tags because it would require a valid inspection that he knows he would fail because he can't afford to fix his leaky exhaust because he makes poo poo money as a pizza delivery guy (not hating on you STR!). Congratulations, now you have lost your means of employment, and owe $350 you don't have to a towing company as well as any storage fees.

Just rubs me the wrong way.

Well, this kind of rule would be a great solution for the shithead in my townhouse/condo development who has a two car tandem garage full of poo poo, only driveway spot has a lovely 90's Mercedes ML SUV that hasn't moved in months and yet him and his wife own/lease two nice cars and always use 2 visitor parking spots or park illegally in the fire lanes.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52264/The-GTA-Online-I-m-Not-a-Hipster-Update-Is-Now-Available

Newest GTAV update has a gasser style Falcon, 510/KGC10 that you can boso, Citroen SM, Gremlin and that 6 wheeler G Wagen.

The youga style Dodge van is still my favourite.

Bulk Vanderhuge fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I've never heard of youga style before but I'd drive that van if it were real.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52264/The-GTA-Online-I-m-Not-a-Hipster-Update-Is-Now-Available

Newest GTAV update has a gasser style Falcon, 510/KGC10 that you can boso, Citroen SM, Gremlin and that 6 wheeler G Wagen.

The Gremlin is actually a Pacer from the A-pillar back. Still awesome, I've been cruising around in the Citroen a bunch myself.

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp
Oh poo poo, right. I'm also forgetting the smart car and W122 diesel merc.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

I've bought a few games on GOG.com :P They started their sale earlier.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i absolutley love every car in the new pack. It really shows whoever's in charge of GTA's cars loves automobiles.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

InitialDave posted:

You're trying to lose weight, and you're eating Scottish food?

You're hosed.

Fortunately, the only time I see them is at the annual Renaissance Faire. The day I go, I plan on bad eating. I practically starve myself the previous day. I mean, Scottish Eggs, Mead, Steak On A Stake, Mead, Turkey Legs, Pretzels, Mead, Cider, Bratwust, etc. Yum!

KozmoNaut posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOX5Q4wg26U

Sounds pretty drat tasty after a night of drinking, though.

Dear God, the deep-fried pork sausage kebab sound delicious. And deadly. Kind of like Texas State Fair food. Fried everything! Fried Nutter-Butters for fucks sake!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

Holy poo poo. BRB, buying a Youga.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Installed a new cat today.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

trouser chili posted:

Installed a new cat today.

What the gently caress am I watching?