Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

Necc0 posted:

I played nothing but cs_assault and that winter map with the crashed jet offline against bots for like half a year before I realized the game also had online play

Look at this scrub who didn't even play CS before bots existed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

I played in a pub server called [nFb] "Nobody's loving Business". I was 14 and desperately wanted to be recruited to this 'clan' of all 30+ year old dudes that just got shitfaced and played CS on militia/assault/dust.

I probably played 5-6 hours a day in this lovely pub server for 2 years. I eventually got into the clan when I was 16ish even though they had a strict recruiting policy of 18+. I was so excited to have earned the honour to be [nFb]DeathTouch.

Ugh.

e: holy poo poo I'm still playing this game and am almost 'that 30+ year old dude'. :(

deetee fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jun 19, 2014

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I remember I got that cs pack that had half life and some other stuff like cs and tfc.

I played the poo poo out of half life. I played a little bit of cs. Then I played way more tfc because cs was dumb back then.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

kaschei posted:

You'll get out of middle school someday!!

Fuckin algebra man! X is not a number!

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
CS:GO seems to be averaging ~150k during peak time. I reckon after the June sale as well as the christmas/new year sale later on it will be hitting 250k - 300k by this time next year, and 2015 will be the very first year of the CS:GO International $1m prize pool. Even better they'll use their proven crowd funding method of compendium fuckery and slot it into CS somehow. I'd buy one for sure.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

deetee posted:

I played in a pub server called [nFb] "Nobody's loving Business". I was 14 and desperately wanted to be recruited to this 'clan' of all 30+ year old dudes that just got shitfaced and played CS on militia/assault/dust.

I probably played 5-6 hours a day in this lovely pub server for 2 years. I eventually got into the clan when I was 16ish even though they had a strict recruiting policy of 18+. I was so excited to have earned the honour to be [nFb]DeathTouch.

Ugh.

e: holy poo poo I'm still playing this game and am almost 'that 30+ year old dude'. :(

This is why I keep insisting on a public server.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Apogee15 posted:

I remember I got that cs pack that had half life and some other stuff like cs and tfc.

I played the poo poo out of half life. I played a little bit of cs. Then I played way more tfc because cs was dumb back then.

Anyone remember ricochet that came with it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricochet_(2000_video_game)

That game was hilariously fun.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

deetee posted:

Ugh.

This was me as well. I played on a 1.x pub called njnypenn for a really long time, and then after it died I became a regular on some pubbie clan server with a friend from high school (not Necc0). My friend somehow got into the pubbie clan and I didn't :mad:

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

astr0man posted:

This was me as well. I played on a 1.x pub called njnypenn for a really long time, and then after it died I became a regular on some pubbie clan server with a friend from high school (not Necc0). My friend somehow got into the pubbie clan and I didn't :mad:

We had a fairly large cs community in our town and had cross town clan rivals and it was super awesome and nerdy. Nerds.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I played on pc-gamers.net pub server for the longest time with a bunch of people who went to Michigan State I think. I was even part of PCGN's Season VI CS 1.6 Pro League championship team. Wish I still had those demos :(.

[edit] poo poo, I even found the post announcing the match date between my team (Storm Riders) against OwG on D2. I'm getting all nostalgic :unsmith: http://www.pc-gamers.net/index.php?/topic/5453-pcgn-season-vi-finale/

teagone fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jun 19, 2014

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

I bet kids these days wouldn't even recognize an fps_doug micspam. :bahgawd:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

roboshit posted:

I bet kids these days wouldn't even recognize an fps_doug micspam. :bahgawd:

Didn't we have an fpsdoug smilie on SA years ago?

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOE3K0XRyeY

The pinnacle of CS circa 2001. How far we've come. I miss old frag videos having nu metal and creed on them and now it's all wubwubwubwub.

Post more old CS stuff here:

John T Scrungus
Oct 23, 2010

:confused:

mcvey posted:

The pinnacle of CS circa 2001. How far we've come. I miss old frag videos having nu metal and creed on them and now it's all wubwubwubwub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNGl0kLhXkQ&index=128

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

mcvey posted:

I love aztec.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAN2NpuDTtM
One of the best fragvideos covering a # of years/players
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbPU6AOTa4c
smoke grenade: the original decoy

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Necc0 posted:

What kind of public server? Competitive? Casual? DM?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ugh a couple more weeks without a computer then I can get wrecked on csgo again

-rahlahalhahahhlllaha OUT

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

whoknew posted:

What kind of public server? Competitive? Casual? DM?

Casual but we act like a pro clan :hehe:

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

old dog child posted:

Ugh a couple more weeks without a computer then I can get wrecked on csgo again

-rahlahalhahahhlllaha OUT

Everyone's been wondering where you were. See you then

Necc0 posted:

Casual but we act like a pro clan :hehe:

ITS COMING

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

whoknew posted:

ITS COMING

Casual is dumb, make it a classic cs pub: i.e. competitive rules for player collisions, armor buying and kill rewards, but make it 8v8 with alltalk on, no ff and junk.

Also, gunnars are on sale on woot.com just in time for you to buy a pair to go along with all of your steam sale smurf account gift copies of CS:GO!

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

My favorite memories of cs were spending an entire day downloading a 100 mb patch

deetee
Apr 22, 2008

astr0man posted:

Casual is dumb, make it a classic cs pub: i.e. competitive rules for player collisions, armor buying and kill rewards, but make it 8v8 with alltalk on, no ff and junk.

Also, gunnars are on sale on woot.com just in time for you to buy a pair to go along with all of your steam sale smurf account gift copies of CS:GO!

I agree with all of this, no dumb mods or anything.

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

hello internet posted:

My favorite memories of cs were spending an entire day downloading a 100 mb patch

cornholio.wav downloaded

I remember thinking "wow this is SO FAST" downloading cs1.6 maps off filefront at 300kbps/s.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Necc0 posted:

Given that Buttmen is pretty empty, I'm still torn on whether to open it up as a 14 player pub or perhaps a surf server.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
if you're gonna make a surf server make it like https://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo/?query=opiumgaming theirs or dont do it scrub

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

uhhhh I'm not going to listen to anyone with an Obummer avatar? that automatically makes you a tyrant and I will exercise my god given right to run a subpar surf server

you can keep the change :smug:

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Awesome Welles posted:

Given that Buttmen is pretty empty, I'm still torn on whether to open it up as a 14 player pub or perhaps a surf server.

I actually can't connect to it lately.

A whole group of us tried when the pre-.readyup plugin on the anusmen server poo poo itself. I don't think anybody made it in.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Awesome Welles posted:

uhhhh I'm not going to listen to anyone with an Obummer avatar? that automatically makes you a tyrant and I will exercise my god given right to run a subpar surf server

you can keep the change :smug:

vs.

laffo.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Daeno posted:

I actually can't connect to it lately.

A whole group of us tried when the pre-.readyup plugin on the anusmen server poo poo itself. I don't think anybody made it in.

:rip: then, probably just needs to be restarted

oh poo poo son you mean my locked server that i put the bare minimum amount of effort into maintaining gets less players than a public surf server?

drat :saddowns:

Good soup! fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 19, 2014

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
dont sound so butthurt lil' brudder. It will be ok.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Nitr0 posted:

dont sound so butthurt lil' brudder. It will be ok.

that emptiness is, in fact, the sound of freedom :911:

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
Please don't post cs movies without including influential works such as Annihilation 2 and Ruiniation

Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.

Awesome Welles posted:

Dude make it a combined surf and kz server and I'll spend my entire life there.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Coleman posted:

Dude make it a combined surf and kz server and I'll spend my entire life there.

I had talked about that in mumble, with the only hesitation being the logistics behind having both plugins working without messing up? not sure if that would create a headache or not if people vote for maps and move between gametypes because the idea of having a jump map without saving is :lol:

unless one just switches off and the other switches back on when moving between maps anyway, I'd have to put some effort into understanding how all that would work.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Powerful Wizard IRL posted:

Please don't post cs movies without including influential works such as Annihilation 2 and Ruiniation

hipster Cs player SPOTTED

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Awesome Welles posted:

I had talked about that in mumble, with the only hesitation being the logistics behind having both plugins working without messing up? not sure if that would create a headache or not if people vote for maps and move between gametypes because the idea of having a jump map without saving is :lol:

unless one just switches off and the other switches back on when moving between maps anyway, I'd have to put some effort into understanding how all that would work.

You can pretty easily set up sourcemod to load plugins based on map prefixes (or maybe just map names, but its pretty much the same poo poo).

Eyke
Oct 15, 2013

Man with a dream to have fun.
I've been doing a lot of MM lately and enjoy mirage quite a bit. During these adventures I come up against god awps that stick their feet into window room and just sit there forever killing my team.

today i spent some time throwing smokes over and over until i found a spot i was looking for. The spot i was looking for was smoke window from t spawn without running to take out any variables to screw up and waste a smoke.

I wanted to share with you guys. the other stuff at A bomb is just a bonus for you i guess.

http://www.twitch.tv/eykes/c/4496461

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

whoknew posted:

You can pretty easily set up sourcemod to load plugins based on map prefixes (or maybe just map names, but its pretty much the same poo poo).

Good poo poo then, I'm addicted to surfing right now even though I'm terrible so this might happen, unless I continue being lazy (in which case :rip: server)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
That's a cool mirage smoke. What are the most important smokes to learn? I can do mid on D2 and the ramp to CT on long as T, and smoke B tunnels when I watch B as CT, but that's about it. I don't do it well, can't do bank shots or anything- I just throw the smoke when I have line of sight to where I want it to be. What's the best way to learn smokes? Just memorize one at a time and try them over and over? Which are worth remembering?

• Locked thread