Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Endless Mike posted:

Holy poo poo a Zippy strip that is funny and makes sense!

You made me read Zippy. I will never forgive you.

Also, you were wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Excellent work, Inspector! No dying man would think of typing without first adjusting his posture and finding the home row keys to type in an efficient manner.

I did NaNoWriMo last year and I can't touch type for poo poo. I know a dude who's written a couple books who cant type without looking at the keyboard. Admittedly, I don't use just one finger, but I'll give the victim a pass here, what with the dying.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

And here I thought it was the one guy because the inspector would be all "AH-HA! I never said anything about the note being on a COMPUTER!"

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Allen Wren posted:

And here I thought it was the one guy because the inspector would be all "AH-HA! I never said anything about the note being on a COMPUTER!"

That and a middle-aged man in a modern developed nation pleading complete ignorance of something as commonplace as typing is a bit suspect.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pvt.Scott posted:

Excellent work, Inspector! No dying man would think of typing without first adjusting his posture and finding the home row keys to type in an efficient manner.

Well let's be fair here, it's not like there's any other possible explanation for why he'd have his fingerprints on his keyboard.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Dangit Inspector Danger, any keyboard is going to be a colossal mush of fingerprints everywhere all over each other, how are you going to get a good print unless somebody wiped the whole thing down first then did the typing?

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Just posting a little thing to say related to comic strips. I visited the Calvin and Hobbes/Cul de Sac exhibit today at Ohio State and it was very nice. There was a good collection of strips from both, some proto-Calvin and Hobbes, some Richard's Almanacs and lil doodles and stuff. If you're in the Columbus area, you should really check it out. There also was some awesome old strips that I recognized thanks to the thread here :3:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Ooh, hey, Charlotte was the founder?

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

The Creeps

I'll be honest with you, I have no idea what's happening in today's Creeps.

The fat creep claims to be inspired by whatever they are watching on television. Instead of doing things that inspired people generally do, like starting a new project or zipping around the place full of energy, he gradually puts a pillow on the couch and goes to sleep in the laziest possible way.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Redeye Flight posted:

Ooh, hey, Charlotte was the founder?

Yes.

Makes total sense. The League began when Charlotte and Templeton Rat teamed up to save Wilbur.

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Ok, I'm actually genuinely interested in where this is going. Congrats, Mary Worth, you got a 20-something to care about your bad strip for a minute.

But only because I'm hoping this goes completely off the rails soon. "The angel told me to kill everyone c:"

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Aw, we missed out on seeing the beautiful country of Africa.

Have an ancient Peanuts.

Mr. Noseybonk
Jul 17, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Aw, we missed out on seeing the beautiful country of Africa.

Have an ancient Peanuts.

What the hell's that supposed to mean Chuck? Girls not as good as boys?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

It's the 50s, so, yes.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The only thing I've found to be consistent about Inspector Danger is it is literally never the person who says they don't have an alibi.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Here are the beginning strips of University^2, Frank Cho's pre-Liberty Meadows series. Some of the jokes will be made more than once, it's sexist and on at least one occasion racist, but it has its charms.

The concept is lab animals accidentally admitted to college. We have Ralph the Hamster, Dean the (chauvinist) Pig, and Frank the Duck.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Twelve by Pies posted:

The only thing I've found to be consistent about Inspector Danger is it is literally never the person who says they don't have an alibi.

Also if an item is stolen or destroyed and there are less than 2 suspects, it was the owner.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Tiggum posted:

It's a hash, it's always been called a hash, that's why the tags you use on sites like Twitter that incorporate that symbol are called hashtags. Because it's a hash.

It's an octothorpe.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I'm out of the loop, is Luann ending? Because I have a hard time imagining it going into college years. Even if Luann doesn't go to college, pretty much all the other characters are.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
They'll have a wacky summer and talk about looking forward to being freshman, and then when September rolls around they'll be ninth-graders and the process will start anew.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

It's an octothorpe.

The best move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?

Yet another League question - did Reynarde do anything besides misdirect the dog? Seems like Toad and Anansi were the only ones who did anything useful besides that.

And Geech is back from the beach.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Magic Hate Ball posted:

They'll have a wacky summer and talk about looking forward to being freshman, and then when September rolls around they'll be ninth-graders and the process will start anew.

Oh God, if he Groundhog Day-s this loving strip, I will be truly horrified.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Have an ancient Peanuts.

Mr. Noseybonk posted:

Mister Kingdom posted:

It's the 50s, so, yes.

Look at her face. She knows it's true.

Luann

As long as it means she and Gunther break up, it's a plan I support!

Apartment 3-G

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Buz Sawyer

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Beerdeer posted:

Here are the beginning strips of University^2, Frank Cho's pre-Liberty Meadows series. Some of the jokes will be made more than once, it's sexist and on at least one occasion racist, but it has its charms.

The concept is lab animals accidentally admitted to college. We have Ralph the Hamster, Dean the (chauvinist) Pig, and Frank the Duck.

Those beautiful lines :allears:

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
So did nobody else think it was worth commenting on the whole 'Nona confirmed for telepathic' thing in Sally Forth yesterday?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I just let Sally Forth do its thing, because it's great the way it is.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

THIRD BASE! I mean...THE COBRA!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Lord of Hats posted:

I'm out of the loop, is Luann ending? Because I have a hard time imagining it going into college years. Even if Luann doesn't go to college, pretty much all the other characters are.

Greg Evans is going to stretch this baloney as long as he can possibly get paid. He probably thinks it's good!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Before I post these here comics, I guess I should mention I'm going out of town and won't be back until Wednesday or Thursday. I won't be posting comics while I'm gone and I probably won't feel like doing a catch-up post when I get back either. If there's anything I post that you happen to like and think the thread should keep up on, please feel free to post it! I generally post the vintage comics below, as well as Luann, Apartment 3G, Pros & Cons, Newspaper Spider-Man and Prince Valiant on Sundays. All this stuff except Luann can be found on the Comics Kingdom website. Ok! Comics time!

Juliet Jones

If suggesting that a middle-aged man should settle down with an adult woman who loves him instead of messing around with some silly teenager doesn't count as "playing God," then I don't know what does!

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Pidmon posted:

So did nobody else think it was worth commenting on the whole 'Nona confirmed for telepathic' thing in Sally Forth yesterday?

Nah, Ted has realized he's in a comic strip a few times now.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Julet Esqu posted:

Phantom Classic

The Ghost Who Was Checking Dat rear end

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

This is the best comic.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

Julet Esqu posted:

Apartment 3-G

I want to imagine the script read, "She thinks I'm a basic bitch, but that could change." and this is how it got translated by the editor/Boll.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Pidmon posted:

I'm not quite sure when Sally Forth stopped being a less terrible Foob, or if it was always kinda awesome and I was just unobservant as a teen, but I definatly enjoy the moments of surreality and fourth wall breaking.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

That's not how you shoot a rifle Phantom extra!

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Ardeem posted:

I'm not quite sure when Sally Forth stopped being a less terrible Foob,

Basically the moment Ces took over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (April 1, 1927)

Peanuts (June 23, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Popeye

Rip Haywire

Pogo (June 22, 1956)

Droodles (June 22, 1956)

Out Our Way (February 23 and March 3, 1925 (because I forgot another one))

• Locked thread