Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So apparently the Blu-Ray box set for Build Fighters has some teaser shots for Season 2, all of which involve an adult China writing a letter to her family.

I guess Sei's famous enough to be on a goddamn stamp! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Odds on China getting a personality trait beyond 'Iori-kun?'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Odds on China getting a personality trait beyond 'Iori-kun?'

She'll call him Sei-kun instead. Huge personality advancement.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I guess this confirms that S2 will star a new cast. Though a shonen series starring adults would be kind of cool.

A time skip is going to be so drat awkward though. Yeah so in the ten years since S1, absolutely no new Gundam shows have been released!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

I guess this confirms that S2 will star a new cast. Though a shonen series starring adults would be kind of cool.

A time skip is going to be so drat awkward though. Yeah so in the ten years since S1, absolutely no new Gundam shows have been released!
They could bullshit in anime adaptations of the manga/side stories.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BlitzBlast posted:

Depending on the rights situation AGE could have come out in BF-verse. :kheldragar:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Zedd posted:

Depending on the rights situation AGE could have come out in BF-verse. :kheldragar:
I think AGE won't be available until...2016ish?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

What I'm seeing here is that it needs to expand to become Sunrise Build Fighters.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Srice posted:

What I'm seeing here is that it needs to expand to become Sunrise Build Fighters.

Don't even want to think about how Valvrave would factor in.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Hm, looking a bit harder at the envelope, it looks like she's writing from France so maybe it's a 5 or 6 year time skip and she's in art school or something?

What I'm saying is the adventures of Takashi and Son Gunpla Detectives may not be so farfetched...

Srice posted:

I'd be down for that, Code Geass in a battle royale with Gundams, Brains, and the Swordfish from Cowboy Bebop.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Reji comes back as special guest out of nowhere, with a BUILDUH Zakrello, sweeps the tournament.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Srice posted:

I'm imagining a customized Guren Mk-II and it is glorious.

E: Let's go one further. SRW Build Fighters. :getin:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

I'm imagining a customized Guren Mk-II and it is glorious.

Brasta shows up for a split second, takes 4 minutes to snipe something, never moves and dies in 2 seconds to the Guren Amazing, piloted by Yuuki's fiancee.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Bloody Pom posted:

Build Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. :v:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Zedd posted:

Reji comes back as special guest out of nowhere, with a BUILDUH Zakrello, sweeps the tournament.

Aila joins him with an HGUC Neo Zeong painted white and housing the Miss (Mrs.?) Sinanju.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 19, 2014

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

TARDISman posted:

So apparently the Blu-Ray box set for Build Fighters has some teaser shots for Season 2, all of which involve an adult China writing a letter to her family.

I guess Sei's famous enough to be on a goddamn stamp! :v:

What are those feet on the Not-Mr.Bearguy unit there? They look familiar.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What are those feet on the Not-Mr.Bearguy unit there? They look familiar.

SD Command Gundam. I guess she hung on to it after Aila went off with Reiji.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Build Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. :v:
:kamina: One model kit, Equal to the gods. :kamina:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I just want the season 2 teaser trailer to be the Iori family having to build the Neo Zeong kit that recently came out.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

I just want the season 2 teaser trailer to be Sazaki having to build the Neo Gyang.
FTFY.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AradoBalanga posted:

I just want the season 2 teaser trailer to be the Iori family having to build the Neo Zeong kit that recently came out.

Nah it's Mr. Iori's Customs Neo Zeong-Dendrobium Hybrid Custom. The ultimate mobile armor fitted to his Buff Perfect Gundam.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ramba Ral (age 35) will use a Gouf piloting a larger Gouf.

The real question is what the hell kind of bullshit Mao will have come up with after a time skip and will he still be a huge goon.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

chumbler posted:

The real question is what the hell kind of bullshit Mao will have come up with after a time skip and will he still be a huge goon.
Option 1: Mao bullshits a Lohengrin or Tanhauser into his new unit.

Option 2: Both seasons of 00 are now fair game. Mao now has access to GN BullshitTM.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

AradoBalanga posted:

Option 2: Both seasons of 00 are now fair game. Mao now has access to GN BullshitTM.

DX Raiser Maoh. Make it happen. :swoon:

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

This has to happen.

Also, powered GM production art:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TaurusOxford posted:

It's a shame Mao doesn't have access to Trailblazer content because of the rights issues.

I would love to see Mao bullshit in some ELS madness.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Zedd posted:

:kamina: One model kit, Equal to the gods. :kamina:

The 1/144th scale Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would still be bigger than our Solar System. I approve.

AradoBalanga posted:

It's a shame Mao doesn't have access to Trailblazer content because of the rights issues.

How's Trailblazer still stuck in legal hell if S2 is fair game?

KoB
May 1, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

The Trailblazer designs were god drat awful so Im glad about that. The only good thing to come out of that movie were the SOL BRAVES :c00l:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

chumbler posted:

Either Satellite System Skull and Crossbone Bits, or Satellite System Eye-Patch Parrot Bits for CB Maoh.

Also something involving Skull Gundam from G.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Kurieg posted:

How's Trailblazer still stuck in legal hell if S2 is fair game?
Trailblazer is considered its own separate property in the legal department, apparently. 00 S2 only became available at the very end of Build Fighters (like, during the week of episode 23/24), with Trailblazer still being in rights limbo until mid 2015.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

KoB posted:

The Trailblazer designs were god drat awful so Im glad about that. The only good thing to come out of that movie were the SOL BRAVES :c00l:

The quan[t] and the harute were great you jerk :mad:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Zabanya was a kickass design and it's full firing mode looked cool.

It just looked beyond awful with it's shields in storage mode.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

My only problem with the Trailblazer suits was that it felt like they all lost their special functionality. I mean in S1 00, you had the Exia with a bunch of melee weapons with the GN Sword Rifle and vulcans as a last resort since Setsuna was awful with ranged weapons. With the other three suits you had Dynames with the sniper rifle, pistols, and missiles, Virtue with a bazooka and shoulder cannons, and Kyrios with hit and run options that left it rather weak in any specific area, but it didn't matter because it transformed. Once you get to Trailblazer, sure all the suits look different and awesome but they all do the same thing, fire fucktons of beams everywhere since they were fighting swarms of enemies. They couldn't focus on what made each suit unique because with that sort of situation, you just have everyone go into Virtue mode and fire as many giant beams as you can at everything. Even the Qan[T]'s weapons focused more on firing beams than actual melee combat.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Qan[t] is a great design as long as you pretend the silly as hell shoulder shield doesn't exist.

Similarly, AGE-FX looks pretty neat when you take off all those funnels.

It's almost like just randomly throwing on funnels ruins suit design.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BlitzBlast posted:

Qan[t] is a great design as long as you pretend the silly as hell shoulder shield doesn't exist.

The shoulder shield is awesome because of all the wacky poo poo it can do. Thing is a buster sword, blade funnel dispenser, and directional I-Field generator all in one.

Plus I kind of like asymmetrical designs. :shobon:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There's nothing wrong with the idea of the Qan[t]'s shield, it's just that it's completely tacked on and utterly ruins an otherwise clean fusion of the 0, Exia, and 00. I guess the end result is a distinctive silhouette, but not in a very good way.

It doesn't even have the Nu's excuse of "this stuff was literally tacked on at the very end when we realized it was possible". Somebody actually thought the Qan[t] needed a shoulder shield.

Also it totals the kit's balance.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 20, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I like the shield.

It's the dumb green gun sword that's awful and sucks.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BlitzBlast posted:

There's nothing wrong with the idea of the Qan[t]'s shield, it's just that it's completely tacked on and utterly ruins an otherwise clean fusion of the 0, Exia, and 00. I guess the end result is a distinctive silhouette, but not in a very good way.

It doesn't even have the Nu's excuse of "this stuff was literally tacked on at the very end when we realized it was possible". Somebody actually thought the Qan[t] needed a shoulder shield.

Also it totals the kit's balance.

It's not actually a shoulder shield, it's a carrier for its omni-purpose bits, just like the Nu's back rack of funnels.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Shield is rad bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well I know that, it's just that it's always over by the shoulder so I call it like I see it.

Also this conversation is quickly turning into a derail so let's just end it here.

• Locked thread