Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Ignore this double post I'm an idiot

CARL MARK FORCE IV fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

SedanChair posted:

*whispers* "Aren't you hot in there bitch? Get a real job. No one will ever believe I said this to you."

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Edit: Wow now I feel awful for sniping the daily Limbaugh off the page. But whatever this picture owns.

Meanwhile, presidential candidate Michelle Bachmann:

Also, remember that newsweek didn't pick the most unflattering photo of her they took - this is how she always looks.

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Here is how Dana Loesch views the Redskins controversy

Let this retweet she made guide you to the spin zone on this issue

Guys, it is not a slur...it is a tribute

Native Americans are quite familiar with the kinds of 'tribute' white europeans offer them.

"Hey, if you want to 'tribute' us, how about giving us back all the land you stole and paying us the massive reparations you technically owe." "You'll get a racial slur sports team and LIKE IT!"

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jun 19, 2014

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
Some idiot on twitter said something basically like "WE MIGHT AS WELL CALL THEM THE WASHINGTON GAY GUYS IN THIS PC OBAMAS AMERICA". I unironically agree though; due to a misspent college time in Virginia and the racist name I hate the Redskins. I would adopt the Washington Gay Guys as my second team.

Also any proposal to change who's on our money that omits Malcolm X is badly hosed up :colbert:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
The idiot you described from twitter couldn't even be arsed to camp it up properly. Homophobes are so lazy these days.

Presenting: The Washingon Transylvanians.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

pentyne posted:

Prior to the Civil Rights Act the Deep south was strongly democrat and Republicans were the only other option.

Then the entire political spectrum realigned and the right became more and more dominated by morality/religion until we have the current state of affairs. I'd say blame Reagan but on paper he was much more liberal then the current GOP.

As with many things in politics, this can be traced back to one R. Milhouse Nixon. The Southern Strategy provides a textbook description for the wheelaround of the Republican Party.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

Knight posted:

...that, as of 1954, he had always voted with the Democratic Party in the past.

...and after some heads nodding I got "Well he was killed by a Democrat, so..." It wouldn't surprise me if he was (he was a southern segregationist who loved George Wallace), but I've never seen it actually documented what party James Earl Ray was registered with, anyhow.

Ray was a fan of George Wallace, so he was a Democrat of the pre-Civil Rights Act / Voting Act stripe. In other words,he probably would have been a Republican today.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Walter posted:

Ray was a fan of George Wallace, so he was a Democrat of the pre-Civil Rights Act / Voting Act stripe. In other words,he probably would have been a Republican today.

But no, don't you see, Lincoln was the first Republican and Republicans have never changed forever, we like black people, serious!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Realignments don't exist. The Southern Strategy didn't exist. Liberal lies.

turnip kid
May 24, 2010

quote:

Epic: Watch Ted Cruz’s Dad Slam Obama, Lois Lerner, And Eric Holder With The Bible

Read more at http://www.westernjournalism.com/ted-cruzs-dad-offers-awesome-bible-based-voting-advice/#uBE82a560Plbarm8.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZBgLSJj4Jg

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Why is Ted such a lovely speaker compared to his dad?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

BBJoey posted:

I think you mean $3/5 bill.

This took me second. :golfclap:

Also good to see I was correct about the right wing media trying to hang the disaster in Iraq on Democrats.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

There's really only one term that I know of that gets white people riled up and offended. We should call them the Washington White Privilege.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Radish posted:

The Heritage Foundation just had a panel where they say that millions of Muslims are dedicated to destroying Western Civilization and that the "good" ones are inconsequential. In addition the violent rhetoric from those people is becoming increasingly disturbing. It's not just the Freep thread anymore where you can see that stuff, it is their entire message.

And much worse rhetoric was said a decade ago. The key difference between pogroms in Europe and what is happening in the US is that the people these messages appeal to don't actually live near their boogiemen. I can tell you from personal experience that people - yes, even the much feared white conservative - stops believing most of the rhetoric when they actually come in contact with minority groups.

And as for the people who don't (aka the people who actually listen to this drivel)? They're becoming a much and much smaller proportion of the country, and they're purposefully running away from minorities. You're hearing death rattles, not death marches.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Iron Crowned posted:

But no, don't you see, Lincoln was the first Republican and Republicans have never changed forever, we like black people, serious!
The party of Lincoln. <waves the Confederate flag> States rights!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Swan Oat posted:

Some idiot on twitter said something basically like "WE MIGHT AS WELL CALL THEM THE WASHINGTON GAY GUYS IN THIS PC OBAMAS AMERICA". I unironically agree though; due to a misspent college time in Virginia and the racist name I hate the Redskins. I would adopt the Washington Gay Guys as my second team.

Also any proposal to change who's on our money that omits Malcolm X is badly hosed up :colbert:

It isn't quite Washington Gay Guys level but somebody did decide to play with the race-based team names and made The Fightin' Whities a while back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_Whites

Apparently they sell clothes that raises money to send Native Americans to college.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Here's what you do to save the Redskins name: Declare that the team is named after the delicious red apples of Washington state.

Sure, they're based out of DC and not WA, but who cares about details, it's all in the details! Otherwise, you go with my other option: The Washington White-mixed-with-Redskins, named for the pink Cherry Blossoms of DC.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Limbaugh just asking about how well deciding that a foreign leader had to go has worked out for the U.S.? Then cites the shah of Iran, Mubarek, etc. Never mentions Saddam.

Gozinbulx
Feb 19, 2004
Christ, took me like 7 reads to understand what you just said.

MasterControl
Jul 28, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Ugh. This video. 7 minutes of wasted air. Reminds me too much of the times my parents took me to Catholic Church. Ok Your point is The bible tells you who to vote for. fine. How do you back that up? You Cherry pick scripture that are ambiguous then "let me tell you what it means" comes shortly after and after 6 minutes of illustrating you might actually get to the point which is you have no point at all.

Maybe this guy didn't do it, I didn't watch the whole video because I don't hate myself that much but the methods are there.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Republicans posted:

Funny thing is in past episodes when the topic of changing the Redskins name came up he agreed that it probably wouldn't be a bad idea. But not by GOVERNMENT FORCE.

The call-ins for suggested replacement names were hee-larious, of course.

Medved is really odd. He's mostly right wing because of his weird brand of religious literalism. When the Republicans are shooting themselves in the feet like during the shutdown he'll call them out on it and field calls from people who disagree with him. Then the next day he'll have on people like Ken Ham and spend hours discussing how evolution is a lie. He also does movie reviews. His show is just all over the place and it would be amusing to listen to if he wasn't so naturally dull.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Good Citizen posted:

Medved is really odd. He's mostly right wing because of his weird brand of religious literalism. When the Republicans are shooting themselves in the feet like during the shutdown he'll call them out on it and field calls from people who disagree with him. Then the next day he'll have on people like Ken Ham and spend hours discussing how evolution is a lie. He also does movie reviews. His show is just all over the place and it would be amusing to listen to if he wasn't so naturally dull.

Too bad when an election season is in full swing he goes into full blown shill mode like the rest and becomes unlistenable.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
The producers of the final installment of the Atlas Shrugged trilogy are bringing out the big guns.

The Hollywood Reporter posted:

Former congressman and three-time presidential candidate Ron Paul will make his acting debut in the third installment of the Atlas Shrugged film trilogy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The film also will feature several other prominent conservative personalities with little or no acting experience, including Glenn Beck and Sean Hannity.

"Atlas Shrugged is a fantastic book, but it's much more than a story — it's a philosophy," Paul said. "It's influenced millions of people already and because of its greatness it's going to continue to influence a lot of people."

Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt? is based on the final third of Ayn Rand's 1957 novel, Atlas Shrugged, which tells the story of a U.S. economy in collapse due to taxation, overregulation and the demonization of those who have achieved more than their fair share of success.

Because the movie's themes resonate with conservatives, Libertarians and Tea Partiers, producer Harmon Kaslow was inclined to pack his film with personalities who appeal to that portion of the political spectrum, like radio talk-show host Andrew Wilkow and Grover Norquist, the founder of Americans for Tax Reform. There's even a hedge fund manager: Jonathan Hoenig, a Fox News Channel regular panelist and founding member of the Capitalist Pig fund.

"We put out a casting call and those are the only guys who showed up," Kaslow quipped. "It could be the subject matter."

That last "quip" has a real ring of truth to it. I'm interested to learn how many AARP members they can trick into going to see Fox News: The Movie.

Source.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wow, a bunch of rich as gently caress right wing Diva's stomping around the set of a movie staffed and funded entirely by sycophants who want their dicks and their money. Pretty sure that's the exact magical incantation for bringing out the John Travolta Battlefield Earth performance golem. This movie's already taken irony out to the woodshed, I guess I shouldn't be shocked at them selling the gently caress out and turning it into charity vanity project too.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jun 19, 2014

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR
Rich man has to change his sport teams name.

This just just like Holomdor.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
uh oh

http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/federal-judge-unseals-hundreds-of-documents-in-john-doe-probe-b99295017z1-263839791.html

quote:

John Doe prosecutors allege Scott Walker at center of 'criminal scheme'

Madison — Prosecutors allege that Gov. Scott Walker was at the center of an effort to illegally coordinate fundraising among conservative groups to help his campaign and those of Republican senators fend off recall elections during 2011 and '12, according to documents unsealed Thursday.

In the documents, prosecutors lay out what they call a "criminal scheme" to bypass state election laws by Walker, his campaign and two top deputies — R.J. Johnson and Deborah Jordahl.

The governor and his close confidants helped raise money and control spending through 12 conservative groups during the recall elections, according to the prosecutors' filings.

The documents include an email in which Walker tells Karl Rove, former top adviser to President George W. Bush, that Johnson would lead the coordination campaign. Johnson is also chief adviser to Wisconsin Club for Growth, a conservative group active in the recall elections.

Guess that recall might get it's prize after all

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SedanChair posted:

Why is Ted such a lovely speaker compared to his dad?

Because he's a sociopath.

Internet Webguy posted:

The producers of the final installment of the Atlas Shrugged trilogy are bringing out the big guns.

That last "quip" has a real ring of truth to it. I'm interested to learn how many AARP members they can trick into going to see Fox News: The Movie.

Source.

I thought Ron Paul's acting debut was in Bruno :confused:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Nothing will probably come out of this. :suicide:

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Why a squirrel when you can be disrespectful to the highest degree

quote:

As she exited her Hard Choices book event Tuesday in Washington, D.C., former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton was approached by conservative activist Jason Mattera, who asked her to sign a copy of the book out to one of the four Americans who perished in the 2012 Benghazi attack.

"If you could make it out to Christopher Stevens,” Mattera asked, referring to the U.S. Ambassador to Libya who was a victim of the terrorist siege. “I think you knew him.”

After a brief pause, Clinton responded, “Yeah, I’m not going to make it out to Chris Stevens.”

“What difference does it make?” Mattera responded, referencing the former secretary’s remarks from a January 2013 Senate hearing on the Benghazi attacks.

] "I think it would be great if you read it,” she said in return.

As Mattera was dismissed by Clinton’s aide and security, he remarked, “It’s kind of odd that you have more security than Chris Stevens had in Benghazi.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/what-difference-does-it-make-activist-ambushes-hillary-asks-her-to-sign-book-to-chris-stevens/

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Wow.
Not sure if that took massive balls or just being a massive fuckwad.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

OAquinas posted:

Wow.
Not sure if that took massive balls or just being a massive fuckwad.

he's a fuckwad. none of these scum fucks actually care about stevens,vilerat or any of the others who died. its all about redmeat to the base and pretend Patriotism to them.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I respect the craft on those last two burns, but I wish these guys would stop pretending they give a poo poo at all about the actual people who died beyond their use as a prop. Especially when talking to someone who actually did care.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SedanChair posted:

*whispers* "Aren't you hot in there bitch? Get a real job. No one will ever believe I said this to you."

If I was in her position I'd never stop doing poo poo like this. Just like, not even stuff like Cheney's 'go gently caress yourself', just say absurd insults. I'd be telling people their rear end looks like a bag of donuts or something and just daring them to be the one who goes on TV and says 'yea the former secretary of state said my rear end looks like a bag of donuts...'

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

If I was in her position I'd never stop doing poo poo like this. Just like, not even stuff like Cheney's 'go gently caress yourself', just say absurd insults. I'd be telling people their rear end looks like a bag of donuts or something and just daring them to be the one who goes on TV and says 'yea the former secretary of state said my rear end looks like a bag of donuts...'

That would work until the second someone presses "record" on their smartphone. Rule #1 of politician life: always assume you're being recorded.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

OAquinas posted:

That would work until the second someone presses "record" on their smartphone. Rule #1 of politician life: always assume you're being recorded.

Stupid modern technology ruining my impotent power fantasy.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
So at this point in time, is there ANY honest GOP outreach to anyone who doesn't already agree with them? I honestly can't think of a sincere major effort since Paul Ryan was photo'd washing clean dishes at a soup kitchen. Which was obviously a bust, but at least he was trying. That was the last time I think I remember an actual Republican who could make frontpage news doing something that seemed to come from a mindset of "I should probably do something that won't make me look like an rear end in a top hat to poors/blacks/hispanics/coastal towns/non-racists".

I'm not counting Romney-esque concern trolling like when he told the NAACP to quit being moochers for their own good, but I mean has there been any recent real push to try and entice ANY group to vote for them that didn't at least include some finger wagging over their apostasy from the one true political viewpoint?

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 19, 2014

beatlegs
Mar 11, 2001

That would be an epic ice burn if everyone was a tea party nutbag and lacked the objectivity to recognize a nasty little shitstain when they see one.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I mean has there been any recent real push to try and entice ANY group to vote for them that didn't at least include some finger wagging over their apostasy from the one true political viewpoint?

None whatsoever from what I've seen, and their mouthpeices (the subject of this thread) would turn the base against ANYTHING that strayed from this. I do not understand this mentality or strategy. They have a good chance in this year's elections, but I can't help but seeing them literally washed away in 2016 and beyond. They're too insular, and to cannibalistic to be sustainable at this point.
There may still be a Republican party, but it will be a party re-organized and centralized. Republican In Name Only, you might say (I joke but I believe this is a potential outcome).

edit: Mark Levin is currently saying that Brett Favre recorded a commercial for Thad Cochran because Thad Cochran is friends with former MS governor Haley Barbour who pardoned Favre's brother after he was sentenced for vehicular manslaughter.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 20, 2014

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Swan Oat posted:

Washington Department of Football

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Huh, Megyn Kelly did get up in Cheney's grill during that interview.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/megyn-kelly-dick-cheney-wrong-iraq

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WA-ebuLTlCI

They just brush it off like we're living in some alternate universe obviously, but credit where credit is due.