Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

vkeios posted:

Do this, get Seaspray and his sold-separately accessory, a mr breacher. The two together are wonderful. also Seaspray fits your want of chunky robots, everything pegging together, and a fun alt mode.

I never got a Breacher :( but Seaspray can carry lots of other scouts and cyberverses! Currently I've got him carrying cyberverse Guzzle in tank mode.

Xenomrph posted:

I dunno, I didn't have problems with the shield on mine. :shobon:

Same, my Onslaught holds its shield in vehicle mode just fine.

Speaking of Onslaught Microblaze's voyager Onslaught got delayed. I am sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Well then I got boned in the Onslaught shield lottery, because you can put that thing on top of him, but if you even bump him/it or look at him/it wrong that fucker pops right off.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Cheetimus is doing the Lord's work with these screen-accurate AoE Drift customs. Shame about the price.

On a related note: good god in heaven, how did HasTak gently caress up Drift's colors so horribly? Is this the "every character needs a signature color" philosophy rearing its ugly head again? Drift is blue because of Stealth Bumblebee, and Grimlock is gold(ish) because reasons?

Yeargh.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

ForeverSmug posted:

Give me a toy robot to buy.

I like lots of accessories, especially ones that conceal in vehicle mode. Vehicle "attack modes" are always a plus (Cybertron is good for this.) Everything has to plug together; no loose bits like Longrack's feet that only kind of plug together. Big chunky robot modes are preferable. Something with a fun alt mode- I've got shitloads of cars and tanks. Maybe a Decepticon?

Darkmount, Excellion, Prime Wheeljack, Big Daddy, and Cannonball are some of my favorites.

if you're looking for stuff you could find in a store currently, try the Mini-con team, Whirl, or maybe try out one of the Kre-o micro changer combiners, they're fun (and probably on clearance).

Edit: Just watched the Cinema Sins video for Revenge of the fallen. Seeing the human Transformer, I wonder if Hasbro would ever consider messing with Pretenders again. It might be a legit way to involve humans without it being like Prime of the Japanese TFs, where the humans just kind of are there or used as hostages. You could probably do some pretty interesting things with the different factions interacting with humans, especially if you get something like the decepticons being behind stuff like Global Warming and pollution in an effort to rid the planet of humans so they can stripmine the planet without interference.

Anora fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Jun 19, 2014

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Optimist Prime posted:

Cheetimus is doing the Lord's work with these screen-accurate AoE Drift customs. Shame about the price.

On a related note: good god in heaven, how did HasTak gently caress up Drift's colors so horribly? Is this the "every character needs a signature color" philosophy rearing its ugly head again? Drift is blue because of Stealth Bumblebee, and Grimlock is gold(ish) because reasons?

Yeargh.

I might have to purchase that, but I still hate how horrible the wing is on the mold. So wrong.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Optimist Prime posted:

Yeargh.
But that's the thing, the toy *is* pretty accurate, especially in-hand. I've got him in my hands right this second, and he looks like the movie car:

Heck, here's a video of the movie car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM1-73jar48

That custom is straight black, and the movie car isn't. He probably based the paint job on this pic:

The "comparison" pic in that auction isn't nearly as dark as the figure looks in-person.

poo poo, I've "met" the movie car in-person - Bugatti stayed at my work (the Four Seasons) during the Barrett-Jackson Auction recently and they brought Drift along. I snapped a bunch of pics of him on the front drive. I'll upload them soon and post them here.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Anora posted:

if you're looking for stuff you could find in a store currently, try the Mini-con team, Whirl, or maybe try out one of the Kre-o micro changer combiners, they're fun (and probably on clearance).

Got Whirl and the Mini-con team. Yeah, Whirl's up there in my fav recent voyagers. Really looking forward to Roadbuster; he's a personal favorite and Generations if he's as good as Whirl I'll be happy.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I never got a Breacher :( but Seaspray can carry lots of other scouts and cyberverses! Currently I've got him carrying cyberverse Guzzle in tank mode.
I have a Breacher, but I got a Deep Dive instead because I thought Bodyblock would look way cooler with him than Breacher with Sea Spray.

My story doesn't have a happy ending. gently caress.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xenomrph posted:

The "comparison" pic in that auction isn't nearly as dark as the figure looks in-person.

Really? Can you post a picture of your Drift because from what I've seen in videos and pictures all over the net he's really really god drat blue. He doesn't look as dark as the Vitesse you posted.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Sire Oblivion posted:

Really? Can you post a picture of your Drift because from what I've seen in videos and pictures all over the net he's really really god drat blue. He doesn't look as dark as the Vitesse you posted.

It's not much darker, but it is darker. And of course the movie car/character actually is blue, not black, so no matter how bright or dark the blue on the Hasbro figure is, it's still more accurate than the black repaint in that auction, which is clearly an error on the part of the customizer working off of the wrong car photo.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Yeah, the actual toy isn't quite as "deep midnight blue" as the real car, but that's also real hard for mass-produced plastic to replicate seeing as how the "real" Drift has a professional paint job using expensive real car paint.
The toy does a more than admirable job of replicating it, even if it's not 100% spot-on. If anything, the biggest "error" on the toy is the rims aren't highlighted with the light blue, but whatevs. Even the big spoiler on the car is actually accurate for the most part, it just looks goofy because it doesn't have the "gap" in the middle. I think one of the other Drift toys actually gets the gap right.

Keldroc, did you see my Universal Studios question?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah, the actual toy isn't quite as "deep midnight blue" as the real car, but that's also real hard for mass-produced plastic to replicate seeing as how the "real" Drift has a professional paint job using expensive real car paint.
The toy does a more than admirable job of replicating it, even if it's not 100% spot-on. If anything, the biggest "error" on the toy is the rims aren't highlighted with the light blue, but whatevs. Even the big spoiler on the car is actually accurate for the most part, it just looks goofy because it doesn't have the "gap" in the middle. I think one of the other Drift toys actually gets the gap right.

The issue is the toy doesn't seem to get even close to the dark rear end blue of the actual car, and the wing of the Veyron looks massive because there's no gap. Either way I'll be picking it up when it hits my local Target. Shouldn't that be soon?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Keldroc, did you see my Universal Studios question?

I did, and I'll get you one if you want (and if they have any...half of BotCon is descending on the place after all), but as I recall it's $25 in the park, same as on the website, which is one reason I have never picked it up. With shipping factored in you probably won't be getting a better deal from me than you would by just ordering it from the site.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Spiderdrake posted:

I have a Breacher, but I got a Deep Dive instead because I thought Bodyblock would look way cooler with him than Breacher with Sea Spray.

My story doesn't have a happy ending. gently caress.

Scout Brawl from the GDO Generations line can match with Dee Dive.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

The toy does a more than admirable job of replicating it, even if it's not 100% spot-on.

Fair enough. I'm still waiting to see if the Takara version is any darker/shinier.

So... the other SDCC exclusive was just announced. That's probably going to be pretty popular, right?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Optimist Prime posted:

Fair enough. I'm still waiting to see if the Takara version is any darker/shinier.

So... the other SDCC exclusive was just announced. That's probably going to be pretty popular, right?

I'm going to try to camp HTS and get one, also my dreams have come true - the vehicons have been redeco'd (into the clones Pounce and Wingspan)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Steve Vader posted:

So I'm getting curious about Curse of the Dark Spark (and I suppose I should try to play as much FoC online as possible before they shut it down).

They seem to have an expanded Escalation mode with 40 playable characters (I think, although 20 of them being Bayformers essentially means 20 playable characters)) and you can actually "level up" your guys, but I haven't seen anything about the other online play modes, and whether or not you can design your own dudes again or if you can play any of those characters in the PvP modes.

Then again, I'm about to be poo poo out of work and should stop thinking about video games and more about where my next paycheck is coming from.

I haven't heard nearly as much about this new game as I heard about War for/Fall of Cybertron before they came out. If game publishers are excited about their upcoming games they can't show them off enough. We'll see next week when whatever review embargoes there are are lifted.

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Optimist Prime posted:

Chrome plastic literally just saved me $160.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Optimist Prime posted:

Is that the first picture we have of movie Snarl? He looks pretty cool.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Anora posted:

Is that the first picture we have of movie Snarl? He looks pretty cool.

It's a clearer picture. People were thinking one of his arms was molded into a weapon, but now we can see that is not the case.

I'm happy to say that I can give those figures a big ol' pass. Bleh.
are there any pictures of Vehicon Pounce/Wingspan?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm a little dissapointed it doesn't have ALL the dinobots. It's a cool set, not for me though.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It's a little disappointing that they left out Sludge, but the set still looks really good.

You remember how people were paying upwards of $350 for those SDCC Bruticus sets? That's going to happen again this year. As cool as these guys are, I think I'll be fine with the rainbow colored ones.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
I like the set a lot, Hasbro did a good job but $160 is steep. That's practically a Fanstoys Dinobot.

The new Dinobot in the set looks really cool at least, will def buy the retail version

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

I did, and I'll get you one if you want (and if they have any...half of BotCon is descending on the place after all), but as I recall it's $25 in the park, same as on the website, which is one reason I have never picked it up. With shipping factored in you probably won't be getting a better deal from me than you would by just ordering it from the site.
Hmm, knowing it's the same price in the park, I'll likely get it off the website. Thanks though!

Having said that, how many Botcon goers would you be willing to fight to the death to get one? :black101:

Sire Oblivion posted:

The issue is the toy doesn't seem to get even close to the dark rear end blue of the actual car, and the wing of the Veyron looks massive because there's no gap. Either way I'll be picking it up when it hits my local Target. Shouldn't that be soon?
I'll snap some pics when I get home from work today. I do think the dark blue is more than adequate, even if it's not a perfect match. I got mine from Amazon for slightly above retail with Prime shipping.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Maybe Hasbro will release an almost identical Platinum set later, hopefully adding Slog. Hey, I can dream!

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

strangehamster posted:

I'm going to try to camp HTS and get one, also my dreams have come true - the vehicons have been redeco'd (into the clones Pounce and Wingspan)

Pounce and Wingspan as botcon exclusives 2 years in a row.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Bizzaro SpikeMcclane posted:

Vehicons as Botcon exclusives two years in a row.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I don't get it.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

SpikeMcclane posted:

I don't get it.

I suppose I don't know either. Forgot Pounce and Wingspan was a custom kit.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 19, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

Boom. :v:

edit: ^^^^ you caught it first.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I wish Vechicons would become as prolific and colorful as seekers, some nice red ones, a yellow bumblebee with a new head, blue, green, chrome.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
It'd be kind of neat if they did a box set of the Air Vehicons in seeker colors, at least the main six.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Anora posted:

It'd be kind of neat if they did a box set of the Air Vehicons in seeker colors, at least the main six.

Tat would be neat but due to the nature of the Vehicons it should be half Air, half car.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Being the 30th anniversary, why the hell isn't the movie out on blu-ray? The only one I see on like amazon is like $89 and it's a import.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Just got Sky Shadow. He's almost perfect. I wish he had peg holes for his guns in his forearms but I see why they didn't.

Edit: spoke to soon. I just realized his arms don't peg in to his underside. drat...

ForeverSmug fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jun 20, 2014

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Optimist Prime posted:

Man I hate the chrome, but I'll have to pick it up. :smith:

Xenomrph posted:

I'll snap some pics when I get home from work today. I do think the dark blue is more than adequate, even if it's not a perfect match. I got mine from Amazon for slightly above retail with Prime shipping.

I'll go that route, thanks man. And please post the pics of the toy and car, I love the Veyron.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

According to the British Board of Film Classification (the UK equivalent of the MPAA), Transformers: Age of Extinction is 165 goddamn minutes long. 15 of those being credits.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
FYI the SDCC Exclusive is supposedly part of movie/stand alone release and not regular generations. I'd wager there's a good chance we'll get non chromed mass release dudes down the line just like Bruticus and Metroplex.

There's yet to be a generations SDCC Generations exclusive that has not had some form of mass retail release. Hasbro seems to give a poo poo about collectors/completionists because the SDCC metroplex was even not branded under Generations after the flak from Bruticus.

So this will probably mean there will be a G1 styled voyager Sludge in the future somewhere.

I love that diorama though. I hope the 3D printer deal that Hasbro is toying with will allow people to print up entire set pieces and stages. granted it could wind up being over a few hundred pieces if you wanted to do every part of the G1 autobot base you would need to assemble, but 3D printers are great for dioramas.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Jun 20, 2014

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Keldroc posted:

According to the British Board of Film Classification (the UK equivalent of the MPAA), Transformers: Age of Extinction is 165 goddamn minutes long. 15 of those being credits.

That's what happens when you have hundreds, maybe even over a thousand people work on thing and they all get to have their names on screen for an equal amount of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Other posted:

That's what happens when you have hundreds, maybe even over a thousand people work on thing and they all get to have their names on screen for an equal amount of time.

They even list the law firm lawyers from where the ex wives of some of the crew got their divorce.

It's that kind of sacrifice that's needed when you're working on a Bay film.