Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If you buy a Wii U and avoid 3D World then :lol: you deserve to miss it. Weirdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I haven't seen anyone talk about Shovel Knight. It's supposed to come out next week.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Fremry posted:

I haven't seen anyone talk about Shovel Knight. It's supposed to come out next week.

I'm super looking forward to it and have been since before it got pushed back.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Commissar Ken posted:

I'm super looking forward to it and have been since before it got pushed back.

Yeah, I didn't know it existed until like 3 weeks ago, and at that point thought I was going to have to buy it on PC because I had no plans to buy a Wii U. My Wii U is supposed to come on Tuesday, just in time.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Fremry posted:

Do we know if it will play off tv with the game pad? If so then I would definitely get Wii U over the 3DS version.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fremry posted:

I'm hoping it's a good game, but I'm also assuming most people will be getting it on 3DS.

Indie games are all Wii U's got between now and Hyrule Warriors, but at least they're quality titles. I mean Guacamelee's great, and there's a brand new Shantae that's Wii U/3DS exclusive later this summer, and Wayforward's original titles for DS/3DS/WiiU have generally been good (their licensed titles, though, HOO boy).

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

.TakaM posted:

Toki Tori 2+ is 80% off on my eshop? Toki Tori 2+ is on my WiiU homescreen

Can't check the eShop right now, but it's 80% off on Steam right now, so I wouldn't doubt if they matched that.

3 bucks is a goddamn steal.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Oh my god

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Fremry posted:

I've been excited about it since the kickstarter. Kinda bummed it comes out the day after I fly over to my girlfriend's for three weeks.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Pegnose Pete posted:

Do we know if it will play off tv with the game pad? If so then I would definitely get Wii U over the 3DS version.

I would assume so but i'm not sure. The specific features are the WiiU version has Dark Souls esque ability to leave notes and pictures and poo poo in rooms for other people to find while the 3DS version has a weird little Street Pass game where you'll be givin a room and you play it as if you were fighting against someone and it records it and when you streetpass it combines yours and theirs to see who would have won. Its weird sounding and not sure how it'd work but that's that. Gonna go with the WiiU version myself.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
The streetpass version sounds cool except for I never get streetpasses

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Kewpuh posted:

I live in Philadelphia and work at a Children's Hospital, so I walk, take a train or bus by A LOT of people everyday, and when I bring my 3DS, I go by someone once every 4 times and it's usually the same dude on my train. Definitely gonna go with the Wii U version.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Kewpuh posted:

I get like 3 or so everytime I take it out but they always have whatever the top game is. Odds on them ALSO having Shovel Knight are kinda low which is a shame because that sounds like an interesting use of Street Pass if nothing else.

Pegnose Pete
Apr 27, 2005

the future

Kewpuh posted:

Yeah that actually sounds like it could have some pretty hilarious results except no friends.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Kewpuh posted:

I usually get around ten when I carry my 3DS in college, but I highly doubt many of the people I streetpass would also have Shovel Knight, the multiplayer fights are way more appealing.

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
really teh only time I get Streetpasses are when I'm out at a coffee shop getting my fav and have my 3ds out or I go to the shopping mall and sit by the fountain and play my Nintendo 3ds or when I'm sitting in a dog park watching dogs and playing a game of Brain Age

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Is there a way to view the games that your friends play?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

As far as I know there isn't, you can see what they are currently playing and I think that's it.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Rad Valtar posted:

You can see what they're playing while they play it and you might get Miiverse Posts from other games?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Kewpuh posted:

If you don't consider it ~cheating~ to share content with people not in your immediate vicinity, you could use an old router to set up a "homepass" system where you pretend you're one of several known/shared relays. Some people set it up to rotate and churn through hundreds of visitors daily, but that's probably excessive.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Chronojam posted:

If you don't consider it ~cheating~ to share content with people not in your immediate vicinity, you could use an old router to set up a "homepass" system where you pretend you're one of several known/shared relays. Some people set it up to rotate and churn through hundreds of visitors daily, but that's probably excessive.

That is cheating though.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Also, EA announced that FIFA '15 is being released on all consoles, including the 3DS and Wii, but WILL NOT be released on the Wii U.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Kewpuh posted:

really teh only time I get Streetpasses are when I'm out at a coffee shop getting my fav and have my 3ds out or I go to the shopping mall and sit by the fountain and play my Nintendo 3ds or when I'm sitting in a dog park watching dogs and playing a game of Brain Age

someone I streetpassed finally beat me in a devilish battle on brain age the other day

judging by his mii, he was 10 and I am pissed he was better at maths than me

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Does the target deal apply to wii games as well or just wiiu?

It'd be nice to finally play skyward sword.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Fremry posted:

I'm looking forward to it, and I hope it does well.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I live in a suburb of Chicago, I can't drive anywhere for 30 minutes without getting at least 5-10. It magic.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's worth pointing out that Shovel Knight is only coming out in NA next week, the PAL release is TBA.

Pegnose Pete posted:

Yeah, off-tv play. It also supports all the different controllers: sideways Wiimote, Wiimote/Nunchuk, Wii Classic Controller/Pro, Wii U Pro Controller and Gamepad.

There's a local multiplayer mode coming in a later patch, too, which I don't think is planned for the 3DS version.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Sockser posted:

Does the target deal apply to wii games as well or just wiiu?

It'd be nice to finally play skyward sword.

Skyward Sword is bad.

withheldmcfakename
Oct 30, 2011

did you know that
knuckles once smoked
out of a bong made
out of a disco ball?

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Skyward Sword is bad.

Skyward Sword is not bad.

Consenting opinions, looks like you'll have to play to find out!

Real talk: Skyword Sword has the worst sidekick in the series and a crap method for travelling overworld, but it has enough good moments to the point I think you should give it a shot.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Skyward Sword is bad.

This is incorrect. Though it has the most interruptions (cutscenes, "fairy" talking, etc) out of any zelda game and that's saying a lot.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Skyward Sword is bad.

The motion fighting gets annoying fast.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Skyward Sword is bad.

Skyward Sword has the best dungeon out of any Zelda game. :colbert:

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
There's a two hour frickin tutorial. Skyward Sword is bad.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

nthing this that skyward sword is bad because game railroads your rear end every loving moment and motion control sucks

Graviija
Apr 26, 2008

Implied, Lisa...or implode?
College Slice
Skyward Sword is an excellent videogame.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

IF you cant use motion controls in SS you are a big uncoordinated baby

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Skyward Sword is okay.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bread Set Jettison posted:

IF you cant use motion controls in SS you are a big uncoordinated baby

had no problem with them but they were loving annoying. 10/10 times I'd rather use a normal controller then bend my arm around like a loving idiot

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

MinibarMatchman posted:

had no problem with them but they were loving annoying. 10/10 times I'd rather use a normal controller then bend my arm around like a loving idiot

This sounds like a review of the Wii.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

Hey, Pushmo World is loving great and you should buy it right now.

Welp, hope you liked my review, have a nice day.

• Locked thread