Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Hollismason posted:

Man, I mean we're supportive and all but maybe start a E/N thread or something. Cause like every couple of pages you come in and bare your soul and problems but I dunno if the Warhammer 40k thread where we talk about plastic mens is the best place to do it.

I really hope that you like , get help , or whatever you need to get out of the situation you are in but if you need actual help you should ask like in E/N or something cause we are like barely functional manchildren who play with little dolls.

It's not that I'm being cold and callus it's just like , oh got a alert :stare:.

Don't take this the wrong way but starting an E/N thread is exactly what I would not do if you want actual helpful support. Rather, I would contact professionals or at least a free hotline/webchat ASAP. But yes, absolutely get help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Fix posted:

Hey guys, just a heads up: I have begun an SAMart selloff thread. Going to be unloading big lots of models at steadily decreasing prices. Starting with some space elves, but more on the way!

Doing any chaos at some point?

edit: Hey Post 9-11 User start driving west until you hit a small town called Chicago and let's get smashed and play warhams

Fake James fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Jun 20, 2014

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Geoff Zahn posted:

edit: Hey Post 9-11 User start driving west until you hit a small town called Chicago and let's get smashed and play warhams

I live in Chicago, this is a good idea.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Philadelphia is close by, and being half homeless/suicidal means you fit right in with the rest of us

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 20, 2014

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
poo poo, I don't mean to be a carehard, mainly posted to find out if there are gamers nearby and update to the people that were :ohdear: before. I really don't want to live but there you go. I have been a vagabond for many, many years, tried to put down roots here but she's insane and this city is way below par (great people, great food, lots of culture but drat collapsed rubble lying neglected in the streets is not uncommon). Before I head cross country (this is the shortest relocation I have made, actually) I post to other forums to try and meet up with cool grogs.

Chicago is fun and close by, that's a possibility. You may or may not have seen me at the Chicago Golden Demon events years back, maybe saw some of my models in the competition (I got to the final cut, never medal'd).

I've been to Philly before it's nice. I'm so bad at geography I though Philly was east of me. Philly is not even an hour away, maybe I can game. I'll let you know if my escape pod will accomodate this (my car + the trailer I'm rebuilding for the fourth time).

Watching movies on Cytube with weird nerds now. :h:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Post 9-11 User posted:

poo poo, I don't mean to be a carehard, mainly posted to find out if there are gamers nearby and update to the people that were :ohdear: before. I really don't want to live but there you go. I have been a vagabond for many, many years, tried to put down roots here but she's insane and this city is way below par (great people, great food, lots of culture but drat collapsed rubble lying neglected in the streets is not uncommon). Before I head cross country (this is the shortest relocation I have made, actually) I post to other forums to try and meet up with cool grogs.

Chicago is fun and close by, that's a possibility. You may or may not have seen me at the Chicago Golden Demon events years back, maybe saw some of my models in the competition (I got to the final cut, never medal'd).

I've been to Philly before it's nice. I'm so bad at geography I though Philly was east of me. Philly is not even an hour away, maybe I can game. I'll let you know if my escape pod will accomodate this (my car + the trailer I'm rebuilding for the fourth time).

Watching movies on Cytube with weird nerds now. :h:

Seek professional help.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Are you homeless and live out of a van that you travel in cause that is what it sounds like. It kind of sounds like your a gypsy warham. Also, I hope everything works out for you.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Hollismason posted:

Are you homeless and live out of a van that you travel in cause that is what it sounds like. Cause it kind of sounds like your a gypsy warham. Also, I hope everything works out for you.

No, he's about to be because he's severing!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Geoff Zahn posted:

Yessir.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Deviant posted:

Seek professional help.

Dude, this. Immediately.

Dump_Stat
Aug 12, 2007

The glue trap works perfectly!

Moola posted:

You REALLY should just be buying this if you want combi-weapons.

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_87&product_id=277

Cheap, fantastic quality, holes for magnetizing, extra bits.

From last page, but seconding Anvil Industries for bits. A few of the Space Marine bits may not mesh well with the 40k aesthetics, but all of their weapons and alternate leg poses, etc look really slick.

I bought these for my Chaos Havoc Autocannons. They look so much better than the GW ones, and I've had at least 3 or 4 people ask where I got them.

If you're in the states, go to their Ebay store. You might save a couple bucks on shipping.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Anvil Industries is really good stuff; it's a shame that a few of their bits are noticeably off from the GW marine aesthetic, but a surprising number of them will slot in without any trouble or with minimal modificiations (e.g., cutting the shoulder stocks off their not-bolters). Their cast quality seems great and they ship to the US fast and at a reasonable cost. I'm just sorry that the guy is veering in the direction of trying to start up his own skirmish game rather than continuing to make (new) parts for marines, but I can't fault him for doing what he wants.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Hencoe posted:

30k chat: So I'm thinking about doing an Iron warrior allied detachment for my AdMech, what would be my best bet for the HQ? No real points value yet, just trying to get the general idea. So far I'm thinking some of the siege cataphractii with those cyclones, iron havoks, a squad of marines and maybe a fire raptor. Obviously I'll trim whatever is needed depending on how many points the game is.

Usually its better to go the other way around (30k legion allied with admech). That said, if you go with iron warriors, stick with a consul since they are cheaper than a warsmith. Considering either a squad of 20 marines with an apothecary and chaplain or a squad of 10 assholes in a rhino with a forgelord + cortex controller to accompany some of your castellax.

Moola posted:

You REALLY should just be buying this if you want combi-weapons.

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_87&product_id=277

Cheap, fantastic quality, holes for magnetizing, extra bits.

I'm a fan of never buying GW, but this pack is almost 3 times cheaper (per bolter) than the anvil option (sadly)

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

:stare: I see that your trend of getting new avatars bought for you over bad online games continues.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Crossposting time!

:catdrugs: Oath Complete! :catdrugs:

Water effects. Ammo piles building up. Bushes, reeds, and rocks! Oh my!

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Safety Factor posted:

:stare: I see that your trend of getting new avatars bought for you over bad online games continues.

The SC thread is amazing to watch, from a distance. The number of goons who think that features being delayed repeatedly at a pre-alpha stage of development = terrible devs who are utterly retarded is astonishing. Whole thread is full of super entitled dicks.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Got my Living Artillery versus Orks game in, with relatively predictable results. What I did not expect, however, was for the guy to field an Unbound list with Grotsnik, a Warp'ead, and three Warbosses in a giant unit of Nobs with all the fixings. It was something like 1100 out of the 1500pts we played in one unit. We rolled for mission, etc, but as soon as they plunked that unit down the game immediately became "stop this giant ball of Orkiness before it reaches your line."

I pulled first turn and cleared a straggling unit of Boyz and their Deffdread off the board with TFMC shooting. Then came the five twin-linked Large Blast templates. With my Biovores I scored three direct hits, netting 27 hits total. Then rolled four wounds. :negative: The Exocrines plasma blast performed better, but in the end I had only done five wounds in total (after either 4+ armor or 5+ Inv and then 5+ FNP). My Harpy, however, decided it was its time to shine. A S9 AP4 TL-Blast is a perfect Nob-killing weapon and its shot killed two Nobs outright.

It was then their turn and they decided that getting shot at long-range was boring. So the Warp'ead rolled a 5 on its table and warped the entire unit into the center of my army.

Funnily enough the Deep Strike deviated slightly and if I hadn't killed all those Nobs it would have mishap'd, but there we are.

The Orks got a little shooting in before my Tyranids reacted, but at that point I knew the game was over and we decided to make the fight a sporting chance. After more relatively ineffective shooting, only the Termagants, Venomthropes, Exocrine, and Tervigon charged. The next eight rounds of combat was a meat-grinder where all that remained at the end was a single Warboss and 17 Termagants who completely failed to acheive a single 6 to wound the entire time. Eventually the Warboss slew them all and the Hive Tyrant, having long ago landed from Swooping and watched, walked in and contemptuously removed the Warboss' head from his ichor-soaked body.

A fun game, but silly and somewhat unfulfilling. The Ork player has promised to bring a real list next time and wants a rematch.

vvvvv
Lookin' good!
vvvvv

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jun 20, 2014

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Okay, I kept cutting and I ended up with something I don't hate. I think it'll look better once there's some paint on it.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

The Gate posted:

The SC thread is amazing to watch, from a distance. The number of goons who think that features being delayed repeatedly at a pre-alpha stage of development = terrible devs who are utterly retarded is astonishing. Whole thread is full of super entitled dicks.

Be fair, a whole bunch of Star Citizen goons had high hopes for MechWarrior Online, and we know how THAt turned out.

In actual content, did I mention how much I love the Imperial Knight and how big and stompy it is?

For it is indeed, very big and very very stompy.

Random peasant Imperial Citizen of a poorly-developed world finding himself in the wrong place at a VERY wrong time.

And showing off my most recent project! Just need to finish some minor details on the two leftmost dudes and the banner and my Command Squad will be done. Woot.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Sulecrist posted:

Okay, I kept cutting and I ended up with something I don't hate. I think it'll look better once there's some paint on it.

It looks quite good. Make sure there aren't any holes or gaps (looks like one above the magazine release toggle) because that is one of the few things paint can't cover.

If you plan on making more combi-plasma just use plasma pistols. If you're playing Space Marines you're going to have a bucket of leftover plasma pistols.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
plasma pistols are so, so bad

why are they so bad? can no one at GW not see i don't want to spend 15 points on a pistol that blows me up?

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

But it has a high strength and low AP so it must be good, right? - every GW designer.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Gate posted:

Drake_263 posted:

Be fair, a whole bunch of Star Citizen goons had high hopes for MechWarrior Online, and we know how THAt turned out.
Unfortunately, I'm aware. I don't read the Star Citizen thread, but I'm one of those goons that got big into Mechwarrior Online back when it was in early beta. It was a really fun game before the developers ran it into the ground with some awful decisions. There's a lot of the same people throwing money at SC, I just can't bring myself to jump on that crazy train. You'd think they'd have learned by now.

:pgi::negative::pgi:

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

plasma pistols are so, so bad

why are they so bad? can no one at GW not see i don't want to spend 15 points on a pistol that blows me up?

Power of inertia. Near as I figure it some editions back, that extra attack you got from an offhand pistol? Was rolled separately from the others 'cause it was done with the pistol's Strength, AP and special rules. 15 points for a plasma pistol that's essentially just +1A is bad; 15 points for a plasma pistol that ALSO makes that +1A S7AP2? Is quite a lot better. It's just that in a sterling display of geedubs foresight for rules, they haven't realized that now that pistols aren't as useful in melee as they used to be a long long time ago, they really should make 'em cheaper, too. Same thing with Dreadnoughts probably; somebody talked about how the main weapon on a Dreadnought had improved fire modes over infantry equivalents for the same guns, which made them relatively speaking more powerful. They've been streamlining the rules and cutting away 'extra' stuff like that without dropping the point costs for the units/upgrades involved.

Who knows, maybe back in the day a dread with a twinlinked heavy bolter was actually playable.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Post 9-11 User posted:

It looks quite good. Make sure there aren't any holes or gaps (looks like one above the magazine release toggle) because that is one of the few things paint can't cover.

If you plan on making more combi-plasma just use plasma pistols. If you're playing Space Marines you're going to have a bucket of leftover plasma pistols.

Thanks! Yeah I'll take another pass filling holes and peeling off extra glue before I prime.

I actually have 4 real spare combi-plasma pieces sitting around at the moment, but because the Scout hands/arms are attached differently than they are for Marines, I felt like I needed to take a more complicated approach. I actually started by cutting up a plasma pistol and attaching it to the top (and moving the bolter barrel down), and while it looked functional, it was a lot taller and less streamlined than I would've liked--too much like a Nerf gun. So I've been hacking away at this dumb thing and eventually I just cut the Scout gun down to the stock and magazine, replaced the bolter barrel, and added the combi-plas mod from the new Tactical Squad box.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
One of the things I found frustrating in the new Guard codex was that, in addition to Plasma Pistols getting more expensive by 5 points to make them not worth taking, all the power weapons and power fists got much more expensive, by 5-15 points, respectively. I mean, I can understand why a power fist might be worth 25 points when it's on a S4 Space Marine, but on a S3 Guardsman it's a bit of a kick in the teeth. "Oh, you wanted to stand a chance if you get into Melee? Sorry, gotta pay the same price as Space Marines, even though they get to hit at 2 points higher strength and probably have higher weapons skill and/or power armor." I mean, I can understand consolidating point costs across all the Space Marine armies, but Guard aren't Space Marines and making us pay the same price for a weapon that's less effective when we use it, particularly when the weapons were priced much more reasonably in the last book, seems pretty misguided to say the least.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

One of the things I found frustrating in the new Guard codex was that, in addition to Plasma Pistols getting more expensive by 5 points to make them not worth taking, all the power weapons and power fists got much more expensive, by 5-15 points, respectively. I mean, I can understand why a power fist might be worth 25 points when it's on a S4 Space Marine, but on a S3 Guardsman it's a bit of a kick in the teeth. "Oh, you wanted to stand a chance if you get into Melee? Sorry, gotta pay the same price as Space Marines, even though they get to hit at 2 points higher strength and probably have higher weapons skill and/or power armor." I mean, I can understand consolidating point costs across all the Space Marine armies, but Guard aren't Space Marines and making us pay the same price for a weapon that's less effective when we use it, particularly when the weapons were priced much more reasonably in the last book, seems pretty misguided to say the least.

I'd much rather have flashy upgrades for characters in shooting squads be no-brainer autoincludes than terribly overcosted. I wish each non-independent character had a built-in upgrade allowance (maybe that went into a pool with other dependent characters), sort of like battlegroup points in Warmachine. I want to see IG Sergeants have power swords and plasma pistols sometimes even if they'll rarely use them.

Edit: Since Salamanders have free-mastercrafting, I seriously considered plasma pistols until I learned that they can't double-tap anymore, which added insult to injury.

Would it break the game if we house-ruled that every army got an extra 3% points that could only be spent to buy wargear for character models that are not independent? Maybe I'll ask my group to try it sometime.

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 20, 2014

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
^^ I'm not sure I understand the point of the house rule here. You want wargear, but without paying for it? That...seems wrong.

Plasma pistols are cool and good because of the one time I rolled 3 sixes in a row and cored out a venerable dreadnought with one.

They own even harder when you set yourself on fire and die with them.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

ANAmal.net posted:

^^ I'm not sure I understand the point of the house rule here. You want wargear, but without paying for it? That...seems wrong.

Plasma pistols are cool and good because of the one time I rolled 3 sixes in a row and cored out a venerable dreadnought with one.

They own even harder when you set yourself on fire and die with them.

I want to see more flavorful wargear on the table. It's in the same spirit as the changes from 3rd to 4th, where Librarians got Force Weapons and Psychic Hoods automatically, Captains got Iron Halos, and so on. Except I'd like to see more stuff in middle management: equipment for Exarchs, IG sergeants, that kind of thing.

Edit: If "3% free wargear" rubs you the wrong way, you can always think of it as "you must spend a minimum of 2.91% of your points on wargear for dependent characters."

Sulecrist fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 20, 2014

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

PierreTheMime posted:

Funnily enough the Deep Strike deviated slightly and if I hadn't killed all those Nobs it would have mishap'd, but there we are.

Not to play Backseat Rules Guy too hard here, but if the above picture is where his unit landed, they would have mishapped. If you land within 1" of an enemy unit, it results in a mishap- and I am pretty sure that Termagant in the south there qualifies.

Also, for future times when you come up with something like this, here's the trick: you have to do basically the opposite of what you did there. It seems really counter-intuitive, but against a huge, nasty deathstar like that, what you actually want to do is kill everything else in his list, then do your best to delay and avoid it. Obviously the Warp'ead made that difficult, but what I would've done there is to charge it with a unit of Termagants while the rest of the army scattered to the four winds (all while shooting, naturally.) Your 'Gants should at least live through your own assault phase, as long as you keep them in Synapse obviously, and that prevents him from moving any on his own turn. On your turn, you pull back with your units again and shoot him some more. At that point, yeah, he can chase something down and murder it pretty easily, but so what? He can only realistically charge one unit per turn, and you have more units in your army than there are turns in the game.

If you try and fight a unit like that head-on, you are playing his game- and that's a game he will probably win, because his whole army is designed for it. Instead, force him to do things he doesn't like to- waste time running after you, killing units one-by-one, etc. Make him play the mission- you've got Objective Secured, he doesn't, so you stand a very good chance of being able to steal objectives right out from under him. You have a plethora of units, including at least one FMC that he has zero ways to deal with- avoid him like the plague and plop down on an objective on the final turn.

Never, ever, go toe-to-toe with a deathstar if you have any other option. It's what they want you to do, and unless you are immensely good at dealing out damage, it's not going to work.

Drake_263 posted:

Power of inertia.
*deletia*

I think you're actually right here, although not for the reasons you mention. (Unless I'm mistaken, pistol weapons never used their shooting profile while in close combat, at least as far back as 2nd Edition.) Plasma Pistols during the 2E through 4E era were extremely good for a couple of reasons, but the most important one was that pistols worked differently back then. It used to be that you double "doubletap" with a pistol just like you could with a Rapid Fire weapon (although you couldn't assault after doing so.) So within its somewhat-limited range, a Plasma Pistol was just as good as a Plasmagun- and since back then you couldn't fire past 12" with a Plasmagun if you moved anyways, the loss of range wasn't actually as big of a deal as it is now. Plasma Pistols essentially turned all of your sergeants and HQs into extra special weapon troopers, and during that time period extra plasma in your list was clutch.

That's actually why Kharn, Mephiston, and many of the other named characters have Plasma Pistols- back when those guys got written up, everybody who was anybody brought one to the field. Now they're just expensive liabilities, but apparently people on the dev team still remember them the way they were a decade ago and continue pricing them as such.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Sulecrist posted:

I want to see more flavorful wargear on the table. It's in the same spirit as the changes from 3rd to 4th, where Librarians got Force Weapons and Psychic Hoods automatically, Captains got Iron Halos, and so on. Except I'd like to see more stuff in middle management: equipment for Exarchs, IG sergeants, that kind of thing.

Edit: If "3% free wargear" rubs you the wrong way, you can always think of it as "you must spend a minimum of 2.91% of your points on wargear for dependent characters."

Yeah I like this approach too. Same way I'd like marine devastators to come dawn-of-war style, with 4 heavy bolters that you then pay to upgrade, with those costs baked in to a degree.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
Earlier today, Black Library apparently had the Ork codex up for purchase for about 10 minutes before closing it back down. Someone dun goofed.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

AbusePuppy posted:

Never, ever, go toe-to-toe with a deathstar if you have any other option. It's what they want you to do, and unless you are immensely good at dealing out damage, it's not going to work.

I appreciate the comments. That photo is after I declared my assault and was starting to move models around.

I agree with the general Deathstar advice and typically go that route. The reason why the battle went down the way it did was because I had already wiped out the rest of his army and we were playing the remainder out for fun. While a majority T4 W2 4+/5++/5+++ is tough, it's pretty quickly dropped out by S8+ shots. The Harpy's Heavy Venom Cannon killed 7 Nobz on its own thanks to poor Inv. save rolls and was actually the MVP of the game as a result.

At no time was my army in danger from this particular "deathstar." More of a milddangerstar, compared to some of the other builds I've seen.

Slimnoid posted:

Earlier today, Black Library apparently had the Ork codex up for purchase for about 10 minutes before closing it back down. Someone dun goofed.
DON'T PRESS DAT :orks101:

PierreTheMime fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 20, 2014

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Drake_263 posted:

And showing off my most recent project! Just need to finish some minor details on the two leftmost dudes and the banner and my Command Squad will be done. Woot.

Posting to request more pictures of this army! I think these guys look fantastic and I'd love to see more.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

PierreTheMime posted:

I appreciate the comments. That photo is after I declared my assault and was starting to move models around.

I agree with the general Deathstar advice and typically go that route. The reason why the battle went down the way it did was because I had already wiped out the rest of his army and we were playing the remainder out for fun. While a majority T4 W2 4+/5++/5+++ is tough, it's pretty quickly dropped out by S8+ shots. The Harpy's Heavy Venom Cannon killed 7 Nobz on its own thanks to poor Inv. save rolls and was actually the MVP of the game as a result.

At no time was my army in danger from this particular "deathstar." More of a milddangerstar, compared to some of the other builds I've seen.

DON'T PRESS DAT :orks101:

Yeah, people grabbed it and have it now so expect to see a lot of new info before the release. The thing that surprised me is that Ghazghull is a Lord of War choice now which I think is kind of odd.

Peoples impressions so far is that it's no better or worse than the previous codex but with just minor rules changes, and some additional rules along with a few cheaper units.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Safety Factor posted:

Unfortunately, I'm aware. I don't read the Star Citizen thread, but I'm one of those goons that got big into Mechwarrior Online back when it was in early beta. It was a really fun game before the developers ran it into the ground with some awful decisions. There's a lot of the same people throwing money at SC, I just can't bring myself to jump on that crazy train. You'd think they'd have learned by now.

:pgi::negative::pgi:

I think i must be missing something with the Mechwarrior thing. I started playing it after a lengthy hiatus and it doesn't seem bad? I mean, LRMs are still a bitch to deal with but hey, I'm a Hunchback. I blow those fuckers away with a well timed reach-around.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Fix posted:

Hey guys, just a heads up: I have begun an SAMart selloff thread. Going to be unloading big lots of models at steadily decreasing prices. Starting with some space elves, but more on the way!

Soooo tempting but I do not need that many tanks at once. If you part it out or the price drops low enough, then maaaaaybe....

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I do not like these new rumours about the Ork codex at all, apparently Mob Rule doesn't actually confer fearless but some sort of bizzarre chart you roll on and suffer additional casualties but don't fall back.

So it's like a lovely poo poo lovely fearless.

Apparently it was a previous rule called No Retreat or something like that.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jun 20, 2014

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Is there a roundup/liveblog/whatever of the Ork book?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Hollismason posted:

I do not like these new rumours about the Ork codex at all, apparently Mob Rule doesn't actually confer fearless but some sort of bizzarre chart you roll on and suffer additional casualties but don't fall back.

So it's like a lovely poo poo lovely fearless.

Apparently it was a previous rule called No Retreat or something like that.
Not totally different from 5th edition's version of Fearless.

• Locked thread