Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Kraps posted:

The Evony of car dealerships.

"Ride now, m'lord!" :heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

welcome to reddit, enjoy your stay

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

a medical mystery posted:

welcome to reddit, enjoy your stay

28 points, 10 gold medals.

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.
Here's one of my friends on Origin

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's a pretty good example of why EA can get away with what they do - because gamers are idiots who won't back their mouthes with their wallets.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
How do you have 47 origin games? I can't even think of 47 games available on Origin that I'd want to play :psyduck:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's a pretty good example of why EA can get away with what they do - because gamers are idiots who won't back their mouthes with their wallets.

EA owns several very popular franchises that are more or less licenses to print millions of dollars every year. Many people that play those franchises openly hate them but unfortunately they have little choice but to keep giving EA money if they wish to continue playing those games, despite the numerous scummy practices that EA actively engages in.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

canyoneer posted:

How do you have 47 origin games? I can't even think of 47 games available on Origin that I'd want to play :psyduck:

Origin sells third party games, just like Steam does. And they've been a lot better about having decent sales in recent years too.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Or You will DIE at your BATH!! :supaburn:

Experto Crede
Aug 19, 2008

Keep on Truckin'

Segmentation Fault posted:

28 points, 10 gold medals.

Gold medals that people have paid real money to give the guy.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
I read somewhere that the gold medals are months of reddit gold, is that right? People gave this guy nearly a year's worth of reddit gold for a post containing nothing but a racial slur?

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

I read somewhere that the gold medals are months of reddit gold, is that right? People gave this guy nearly a year's worth of reddit gold for a post containing nothing but a racial slur?

3.99 for a month. 29.99 for a year. So at least forty dollars were spent on this comment.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

What the gently caress is reddit gold?

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
He got 40 dollars for that post.

Welcome to Reddit.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

kazil posted:

Basically added features to reddit.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Basically added features to reddit.

There's also an exclusive "lounge" subreddit where only gold members can post, and the dead horse of acting like a 1920's wealthy socialite is atomized.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

and the dead horse of acting like a 1920's wealthy socialite is atomized.

What the hell does that mean?

nippythefish
Nov 20, 2007

FEED ME SNAKES

LoonShia posted:

What the hell does that mean?

It's a flowery way of saying you get to be arrogant and look down upon the poors.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I remember seeing a screenshot of the lounge and it's just a wall of people posting Scrooge McDuck pics.

silencekit
May 1, 2014

"New gold members take heed: don't let it go completely to your heads"

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

There's also an exclusive "lounge" subreddit where only gold members can post, and the dead horse of acting like a 1920's wealthy socialite is atomized.

Sounds like they pay 10 bucks to post on the most troll-free reddits on the web.

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Sounds like they pay 10 bucks to post on the most troll-free reddits on the web.

Preposterous! Who would pay that much money for an Internet forum!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Shai-Hulud posted:

Terrible nerds with no lives.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shai-Hulud posted:

:goonsay:

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

tallest crocodile posted:

I never had anything to share here til I started adding co-workers. One of them posts a mildly amusing picture:

Which generates a string of "hurr, hurr" comments until the girlfriend takes offense ("Sam" and "Phil" are both girls. "Phil" is the girlfriend and "Sam" is a mutual co-worker)

Don't know why the names change at the end there. Checked the girlfriend's profile and sure enough it's filled to the top with all kinds of possessive "back off my man" statuses and the like. Girl, if you have to work that hard...

Oh hey, I have one of those stubs. Says "Thor: The D". I had been saving it to make it a shirt or something.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

A friend and her family have been eating healthier and she's starting to turn it into a religion. Her step-daughter has severe behavioral problems from neglect and abuse from her biological mother, and this friend has been able to cut the girl's meds to half because eating healthier has improved her behavior. And that's great and all but now she's starting to post poo poo like this. All I replied with is "While eating a healthy diet is very important, it doesn't cure everything."

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

kazil posted:

TotalFark.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Met posted:

Or You will DIE at your BATH!! :supaburn:

Good thing I'm not visiting England anytime soon.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

bean_shadow posted:

A friend and her family have been eating healthier and she's starting to turn it into a religion. Her step-daughter has severe behavioral problems from neglect and abuse from her biological mother, and this friend has been able to cut the girl's meds to half because eating healthier has improved her behavior. And that's great and all but now she's starting to post poo poo like this. All I replied with is "While eating a healthy diet is very important, it doesn't cure everything."

No dude it's totally OK to skip any medical treatment so long as you eat healthy. In fact, if you're really feeding your kids healthy I suggest measles parties to boost their natural immune system even further!

*Slices hand cutting fresh tomato* *Dies of infection*

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

or 20 bucks in your case

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

DemeaninDemon posted:

No dude it's totally OK to skip any medical treatment so long as you eat healthy. In fact, if you're really feeding your kids healthy I suggest measles parties to boost their natural immune system even further!

*Slices hand cutting fresh tomato* *Dies of infection*

You wouldn't have died of infection if you put onion slices on your feet at night to draw out the toxins produced by the infection. Everyone knows this.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Breaky posted:

You wouldn't have died of infection if you put onion slices on your feet at night to draw out the toxins produced by the infection. Everyone knows this.

And don't forget to bleed yourself out regularly to prevent things like headaches, coughs, and the like.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Only if you have too much fire in you. Gotta balance the humors and all.

e: like this post if you're reading it in 500BCE under Cleisthenes' Athenian democracy, share if you're a Zoroastrian.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Some guy comes into a discussion on cloth diapers to proclaim that they're just as horrible for the environment as disposable. Yeah, a lot of detergents have phosphates which are pretty bad, but just as bad as mountains of poo poo-filled plastic that will never decompose? I wish he had posted those 10 whole studies on the ramifications on washing a little bit more laundry than you would have before having a kid.

Oh right, doesn't matter, we can just turn Edmonton into a landfill, it'll be enough for the next 1000 years!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

[quote="Picnic Princess" post="""]

Oh right, doesn't matter, we can just turn Edmonton into a landfill, it'll be enough for the next 1000 years!
[/quote]

To be fair that's not the worst idea...

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Unless things have changed since I live in Ft. Sask, you don't need to make Edmonton into a landfill.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Breaky posted:

To be fair that's not the worst idea...

It isn't already?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
In a closed group regarding psych research, a man proceeds to argue with people who agree with him.

Edit: the OP for this thread also likes to use the term 'cry rape' instead of 'cry wolf.' Because 'women are wicked.' Charmer all around.

Dienes has a new favorite as of 04:28 on Jun 21, 2014

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007
I don't really want to post screencaps because I feel bad for laughing at this poor girl's pain but basically one of my friends posted to Facebook a couple of weeks ago that she was taking "homeopathic medicine" instead of the vaccine she was supposed to get before going to China and now she's on a flight home after spending a week in the hospital in China apparently very sick.

Please take your vaccines.

Silly Hippie has a new favorite as of 05:48 on Jun 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

Silly Hippie posted:

I don't really want to post screencaps because I feel bad for laughing at this poor girl's pain but basically one of my friends posted to Facebook a couple of weeks ago that she was taking "homeopathic medicine" instead of the vaccine she was supposed to get before going to China and now she's on a flight home after spending a week in the hospital in China apparently very sick.

Please take your vaccines.

Did she catch the disease she was supposed to have been inoculated against, or did she get sick from the snake oil?

• Locked thread