Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
How do I burn an audiofile that's longer than the maximum capacity of a CD across multiple CDs? I remember, ages a go when I tried to do that it would automatically ask if I wanted to split the file across CDs, but I just tried and it didn't say anything, just burned a CD of the first 70 minutes or so and that was it. No "please insert another CD" or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

There is one specific podcast that, when it's in my library, whether subscribed or just with an episode or two downloaded, causes the iTunes interface to hang for 15-20 seconds in response to basically any action while the Podcasts tab is active. When it's in my library, it's also the only podcast whose album art won't appear. This has been happening for several months. I'm guessing some piece of metadata or something related to this podcast got corrupted in my library. Is there something specific I can delete short of redoing all my iTunes poo poo?

Maybe find the raw RSS feed and see if it's crazy? Like maybe they have 100 episodes each with long descriptions, or are embedding artwork in the feed, or some other junk.

Of course, if that's the case, not like you can fix it.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.
More free music. Don't forget to post which code you decide to use.

Sharon Van Etten: Taking Chances

pre:
NNETTRFHR3N7
LR3PPMNEARE7
KP6MT7JKJJRM
AAYXPALKAA6R
99FLPNJWEWNK
FHPF46PYALPY
X47AJNKAXKHP
J3L99WK7RRF6
644JP3FERJ4T
4N9YE7N3MRPN
937HFR4763JE
TNAYJXMTX43M
X4F3JRYHHAN9

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Got 99FLPNJWEWNK thanks

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.
Took X47AJNKAXKHP. Thanks!

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
TNAYJXMTX43M redeemed

Juche Couture
Feb 3, 2007

Took FHPF46PYALPY, thanks

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I've had an issue for the past few weeks. I can't get iTunes for windows to work. It'll either freeze, crash, or it won't even start up. Doing the uninstall and reinstall everything trick didn't work. I'm not sure what to do next besides ask the apple forums and the SA forums for advice.

god this blows
Mar 13, 2003

RandomPauI posted:

I've had an issue for the past few weeks. I can't get iTunes for windows to work. It'll either freeze, crash, or it won't even start up. Doing the uninstall and reinstall everything trick didn't work. I'm not sure what to do next besides ask the apple forums and the SA forums for advice.

I am having the same problem on my laptop and I can only go in via disabling all plugins.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

iTunes digital copy redemption/different computer/same iTunes account question:

I have a PC box running Windows 7 that I am migrating all of my home stuff on to from my embarrassingly old laptop running Vista. When I activated my iTunes account from my old laptop only a handful of my redeemed digital movie copies came over on the new PC. I can access all of my digital copies through my Apple TV so I know that they are coming through when redeemed. The problem I am having is the last two Disney movies we have bought for my daughter with the digital copy can't be recognized in my new Windows 7 PC, so I redeemed them through my craptop. When I check for available downloads in the Store tab it says all purchases have been downloaded for this Apple ID (the same ID I have always used)

I just know that in the future I would like to put these digital copies onto my devices (iPad, phones, etc) in the future and not having them all on my PC box is really annoying. Anyone have any tips on how to transfer these over?

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

Somewhat Heroic posted:

iTunes digital copy redemption/different computer/same iTunes account question:

I have a PC box running Windows 7 that I am migrating all of my home stuff on to from my embarrassingly old laptop running Vista. When I activated my iTunes account from my old laptop only a handful of my redeemed digital movie copies came over on the new PC. I can access all of my digital copies through my Apple TV so I know that they are coming through when redeemed. The problem I am having is the last two Disney movies we have bought for my daughter with the digital copy can't be recognized in my new Windows 7 PC, so I redeemed them through my craptop. When I check for available downloads in the Store tab it says all purchases have been downloaded for this Apple ID (the same ID I have always used)

I just know that in the future I would like to put these digital copies onto my devices (iPad, phones, etc) in the future and not having them all on my PC box is really annoying. Anyone have any tips on how to transfer these over?

You should have transferred over your iTunes folder to begin with. It sounds like you didn't, and now you have two libraries with differing contents. You can go through the iTunes folder in your old computer and copy out any of the files you want to move over (to a flash drive or external hard drive or however it is you've been migrating your data) and then just drag and drop them into your iTunes library on your new computer - that should copy them in.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Choadmaster posted:

You should have transferred over your iTunes folder to begin with. It sounds like you didn't, and now you have two libraries with differing contents. You can go through the iTunes folder in your old computer and copy out any of the files you want to move over (to a flash drive or external hard drive or however it is you've been migrating your data) and then just drag and drop them into your iTunes library on your new computer - that should copy them in.

Cool, I will do that. I did drag/drop my library over through my wireless network. It's just odd because I thought since I redeemed the movie through my account it would sync across devices/computers since it shows up under my 'purchased' movies on my Apple TV.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I recently flattened and reinstalled Windows 8, and went to add a new CD to my iPhone, but iTunes is telling me I need to erase and sync my iPhone to my library when I try to check "manually manage my library". Is there any way around this? I'd rather not re-add my entire library for one CD.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

You either let itunes manage syncing or you manually manage everything, and afaik there is no way to transition from one to the other without starting fresh. If you have iTunes set up to sync your songs right now, why are you trying to change it just to add a few more songs? Include the artist or album in the sync from the music sync settings tab, or add the songs you want to one of the playlists you're already syncing (or make a new playlist).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The easiest way would still be to make a (dumb) playlist on your iTunes library and have the iPod sync from that. Then you can just manage the playlist without the iPod being plugged in, and then you just sync whenever.

I think your problem is that the iPod sees your new library as a new computer, given the new OS. Either way it's going to want to sync the entirety one more time.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

An OS upgrade shouldn't affect how his phone sees the same iTunes library... I guess you're assuming he wiped out the library and started a new one, but then he'd have an empty library with no music to sync (other than the one cd). In that case, syncing would wipe everything off his phone and just leave him with the few songs off that cd. I hope that's not what's going on but without further info who knows.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Has anyone had the pleasure of having a lot of their songs in iTunes Match collection go silent after like a minute or two of playing? The progress bar still goes, but there is no sound whatsoever.

It's massively frustrating and I have no idea how to even diagnose it.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I got LR3PPMNEARE7, thank you.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Choadmaster posted:

An OS upgrade shouldn't affect how his phone sees the same iTunes library... I guess you're assuming he wiped out the library and started a new one, but then he'd have an empty library with no music to sync (other than the one cd). In that case, syncing would wipe everything off his phone and just leave him with the few songs off that cd. I hope that's not what's going on but without further info who knows.

An OS upgrade wouldn't do that, but "flattening" or reformatting a machine would. Like the post said.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Yeah, there's nothing in the library but the new CD, so it'd just add that until I imported my library. I just ended up using CopyTrans instead until I sort iTunes out.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

Last Chance posted:

An OS upgrade wouldn't do that, but "flattening" or reformatting a machine would. Like the post said.

One assumes that after reformatting a machine, one restores one's documents and data. If he'd backed up and restored his iTunes library, his phone would still recognize it as the same library. His post was not at all clear as to whether this was done or not.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Choadmaster posted:

One assumes that after reformatting a machine, one restores one's documents and data. If he'd backed up and restored his iTunes library, his phone would still recognize it as the same library. His post was not at all clear as to whether this was done or not.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Yeah, there's nothing in the library but the new CD, so it'd just add that until I imported my library. I just ended up using CopyTrans instead until I sort iTunes out.

Sounds like an empty iTunes library, so it's working as intended I guess. He is trying to sync with a blank library with only that one CD in it, so it's pushing a square peg into a round hole.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
I want to buy some music digitally, and Amazon isn't cooperating because I'm living in Belgium. So in despair I'm turning to Apple.

Is it possible to:
a) buy music in iTunes, from Belgium?
b) export said music without further quality loss (and without significant increase in file size, so no converting to WAV or CD burning) out of iTunes? I don't want to bother with iTunes for anything beyond actually buying the music.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

a) I would assume yes.
b) They're just standard AAC files, DRM free. Most everything plays AAC nowadays.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Choadmaster posted:

a) I would assume yes.
b) They're just standard AAC files, DRM free. Most everything plays AAC nowadays.

Well I downloaded iTunes and the first album I click on already gives me the 'this album isn't available in the belgian store, click to switch to the us store'. Great. And then they wonder why there's so much piracy.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

Yup, media licensing is all kinds of hosed up.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

uXs posted:

Well I downloaded iTunes and the first album I click on already gives me the 'this album isn't available in the belgian store, click to switch to the us store'. Great. And then they wonder why there's so much piracy.

I don't think Apple wonders at all.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

benisntfunny posted:

I don't think Apple wonders at all.

Yeah I know they probably wish they could just sell whatever to whoever too. Still annoying.

Ah well, I already bought one of the albums I wanted from someplace else. I can probably find most of them in other places, but it would be a lot more convenient to just be able to buy them all from one place.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah, Apple and Amazon (and any other retailer) probably hate international media licensing/distribution agreements as much as we do.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I'm amazed the EU hasn't at least forced some kind of EU-wide licensing regulations. Google tells me they did just that for music streaming recently; why leave media sales out? But then I know very little about how the EU functions.

The Great Outdoors
Aug 11, 2010
Hello, I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but I didn't notice a dedicated Ipod thread.

I recently purchased a fifth gen ipod touch, and immediately noticed that it didn't come with any sort of podcast app installed. Trying to download the official apple podcast app through the app store prompts me to create an apple id, which requires valid banking information. Surely there must be a way for me to listen to podcasts on my new ipod without giving apple my banking information? Google has yet to yield a helpful answer, does anyone know how I can fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

e: Thanks! \/

The Great Outdoors fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jun 22, 2014

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Podcasts go in the Music app once you sync from iTunes.

e: have you tried this? http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Any good PC program for custom keyboard playback controls? pause back forward is all I want. I used ituner for awhile but it seems like it's finally broken/outdated.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Is there a way to make iTunes Match not constantly revert any changes I make to my playlists?

Edit: turning match off and on again seems to have fixed it.

tankadillo fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 30, 2014

down beat
Jul 11, 2002
Anyone else not able to download new episodes from subscribed podcasts? I hit refresh and nothing happens. I seem to be able to download episodes from itunes store. I'm installing todays mac security update and iphone update to see if that helps.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Is there a setting to prevent iTunes from reverting to default the tags of tracks you've bought through the store?

It's annoying because 1) it removes the albums from a smart playlist I've made based on genre names and 2) it splits up the albums into a store version and then the "unofficial" leftovers version (remixes, B-sides, etc.).

#1 is not a huge concern as I could expand the smart playlist to include Apple's naming if I wanted to, but I would still end up with 2 copies of the same album, e.g. one with "official" tracks 1-17, then 18-19 by themselves on a duplicate copy.

It seems to do this whenever iTunes pops up the Cloud icon next to the Library button (where you choose Music/Movies/TV Shows).

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Collias posted:

Anyone else not able to download new episodes from subscribed podcasts? I hit refresh and nothing happens. I seem to be able to download episodes from itunes store. I'm installing todays mac security update and iphone update to see if that helps.

Sometimes I have to restart itunes to get it to download.

It never checks and downloads on its own anymore.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Collias posted:

Rick posted:

Sometimes I have to restart itunes to get it to download.

It never checks and downloads on its own anymore.

I think there was an update today that said it fixed issues with downloading podcasts, maybe you guys should try it now?

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Can anybody give me advice on sharing an iTunes library between multiple PCs? I'm aware of Home Sharing and iTunes Match but I'm not sure what's best for my situation...

For example, I have two main PCs:

1) Windows PC (gaming desktop machine)
2) MacBook laptop

Would it be possible to do things like this from EITHER machine: (?)

*) Synchronize song ratings
*) Edit playlists
*) Edit album artwork
*) Sync videos to iPad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wolffenstein
Aug 2, 2002

Pork Pro
iTunes Match is perfect for your situation.