Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

THE PWNER posted:

I seriously don't get the SS innate. Sometimes I hit the key and nothing happens. It doesn't feel fluid like popping a trinket before a cast in WoW for example.

It's not like Gate. It basically has no priority and won't cancel channeled attacks, probably because none of the attacks it improves are off the GCD.

The trick is to get accustomed to using it between skills, not during them.

THE PWNER posted:

Well I'm also grouping with other people focusing on utility with pvp specs so eh

You can have two specs right off the bat, why not do a PvE and a PvP one?

If you're grouped with a Warrior, that's probably why. The difference between their PvP and PvE LAS is simply which utility skills you take; the main DD ones pretty much never leave your bar. And I'm sure the same goes for another class or two.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jun 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I don't think I've ever witnessed a more asinine, obstinate, idiotic, and fanatical community than Wildstar's, and I've been doing this MMO poo poo for a while. Carbine seems to be competing with Chris Roberts for the "insulated from reality" demographic.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Looks like Repair All might be broken. People are saying that repairing each item individually still works, however.

Source: https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/80647-cant-repair-after-patch-20jun2014/#entry812778

Devs have reproduced and are fixing.

If only their parents had been fixed before they reproduced. I can't recall an MMO having such a shitstorm of bugs at launch, even SWTOR.

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

First Bass posted:

I don't think I've ever witnessed a more asinine, obstinate, idiotic, and fanatical community than Wildstar's, and I've been doing this MMO poo poo for a while. Carbine seems to be competing with Chris Roberts for the "insulated from reality" demographic.

Yes it is exactly the same except Wildstar is a game that is real and people play to have fun.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah that wasn't fair. Who knows, maybe those Star Citizens will get their own game in nine years. :frogbon:

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Wet Fifty posted:

I'm level 23 medic. I can finally go to whiterun. What is a quick way to level. I hear people talking about not taking task quests or other such things. Am I also an idiot for rolling on the pverp server? I just feel like I'm being left behind hearing of you guys with tons of plat and level 50s. I have two level 24s and almost 2 plat between them.

Well, aside from the guy posting about altitis, you're also halting progress on your characters at the exact point that questing goes to absolute poo poo. First of all, reach Level 25 - when you unlock T4s, your TTK should drop dramatically, improving your quest speed. Second of all, get the gently caress out of Whitevale ASAP. That entire level range is just a huge slump, and a lot of people have had trouble getting over it.

Once you reach Farside, you'll be good until at least 45.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Wet Fifty posted:

I'm level 23 medic. I can finally go to whiterun. What is a quick way to level. I hear people talking about not taking task quests or other such things. Am I also an idiot for rolling on the pverp server? I just feel like I'm being left behind hearing of you guys with tons of plat and level 50s. I have two level 24s and almost 2 plat between them.

Uh.

The PVERP server exiles side has a ton of level 50's, hell I'll probably ding 50 tonight. And at least one guy has bought over a years gametime in cred off the market already (Our CRED prices are low).

What is the issue you are having?

Zigoot
Jan 30, 2008

Its too late your money is gay now

I really wonder why they thought whitevale would make for an interesting zone in a sci-fi mmo. Were they just like "every game needs a snow level!"? Seriously, the flavour of questing zones is all messed up until around Farside. Who decided that we should go from boring farmland to hoth with bunny rabbits at the worst part of the levelling curve, and to save all the cool zones like Farside and Malgrave until the late game?

Also did we really need another stranglethorn vale?

Overall the zones in this game feel really random and only seldom reflect the overarching themes of this game and of nexus as a sci-fi unexplored frontier land.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Is there a good resource site somewhere where you can get a good idea of the median price of items on the AH? I made an Osun Forge fabkit and I have no idea what to price it at so I just stuck it up at 12 plat and hope it sells.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

:confused:

edit; Oh I guess mine was a BOP from an Instance rather than something you can trade... Still stupid that it has the same stats.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
^^^^
And it is less to vendor!

Demiurge4 posted:

Is there a good resource site somewhere where you can get a good idea of the median price of items on the AH? I made an Osun Forge fabkit and I have no idea what to price it at so I just stuck it up at 12 plat and hope it sells.

I am fairly certain that people won't pay 12 plat for that fabkit since your price is more than some epic gear and runes. But who knows, people may pay more money for poo poo to play house than progressing their character.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Are there any Add Ons that give pet dismissal as a right click action? Would it be possible to make one?

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

a cat on an apple posted:

Well, aside from the guy posting about altitis, you're also halting progress on your characters at the exact point that questing goes to absolute poo poo. First of all, reach Level 25 - when you unlock T4s, your TTK should drop dramatically, improving your quest speed. Second of all, get the gently caress out of Whitevale ASAP. That entire level range is just a huge slump, and a lot of people have had trouble getting over it.

Once you reach Farside, you'll be good until at least 45.

Thanks for these tips. I've gotten a number of characters stuck in the early 20s, but so far, I'm using it as an opportunity to roll exactly the right character. This weekend my goal is medic to 25.

Rhymenoserous posted:

Uh.

The PVERP server exiles side has a ton of level 50's, hell I'll probably ding 50 tonight. And at least one guy has bought over a years gametime in cred off the market already (Our CRED prices are low).

What is the issue you are having?

It occurs to me that at current CREDD prices, playing Wildstar in certain ways (auction house, tradeskills) is in the same ballpark as an actual job.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sab669 posted:

:confused:

edit; Oh I guess mine was a BOP from an Instance rather than something you can trade... Still stupid that it has the same stats.

But its PUUUURRRRPPPP

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Bunleigh posted:

Cool the patch cut my framerates in half

That's weird it doubled mine.

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Marxist redistribution of framerates

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Yeah, my frames have definitely increased in CPU intensive areas, and they eliminated the stuttering issue I was having after launch.

bridgeburner5
Sep 5, 2011
Play about 5 hours total on the weekends. Have 1 level 13 character. Banned. Ugh

Bit ridculous that I'd be caught up in this

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

It occurred to me after I got to work maybe the patch broke an addon I have.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

bridgeburner5 posted:

Play about 5 hours total on the weekends. Have 1 level 13 character. Banned. Ugh

Clearly you cheated or got hacked by china man. Please stop cheating, getting hacked, buying gold.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

bridgeburner5 posted:

Did you have two-factor auth????

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Does anyone know what selections have to be made for Shield of Ravok to drop in Crimelords?

Woland
Nov 7, 2005
I was under impression the end of Adventure rewards, are based on your rating, and are randomly selected from the same pool. Like the blues from bosses you fight are based on choices, but I think the purps at the end are irrespective of your choices. I could be mistaken but I've done it a few times, and I've definitely seen a variance in the loot despite doing it almost exactly the same way every time.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Common Sensei posted:

I really wonder why they thought whitevale would make for an interesting zone in a sci-fi mmo. Were they just like "every game needs a snow level!"? Seriously, the flavour of questing zones is all messed up until around Farside. Who decided that we should go from boring farmland to hoth with bunny rabbits at the worst part of the levelling curve, and to save all the cool zones like Farside and Malgrave until the late game?

Also did we really need another stranglethorn vale?

Overall the zones in this game feel really random and only seldom reflect the overarching themes of this game and of nexus as a sci-fi unexplored frontier land.

Do not be talking poo poo about the Lopp my friend.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Yeah Whitevale has some areas that aren't so hot but man the Lopp Wedding and the Protostar area are awesome.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

cathead posted:

Yeah Whitevale has some areas that aren't so hot but man the Lopp Wedding and the Protostar area are awesome.
Pretty much anything involving the Lopp or Protostar is much better than all the other quests in the game.

The Malgrave parts with the Lopp marshal and his Freebot deputies are probably better than the Lopp wedding though. I was bitterly disappointed to see a Protostar NPC in one of the Grimvault areas only to discover that there was not, in fact, a Protostar-themed quest hub in the middle of an infection zone.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ya so

quote:

The Aurin. “The Aurin” name alone, if broken down has a gay message in it. A-UR-IN, or “Anus You’re In”, is talking about when two sweaty men insert themselves into each other via anal docking.

Seems pretty accurate. A+ good article.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I didn't have my account for 5 minutes before I activated 2-factor.

I mean, how stupid do you have to be to not have it on?

It cannot be easier.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Woland posted:

I was under impression the end of Adventure rewards, are based on your rating, and are randomly selected from the same pool. Like the blues from bosses you fight are based on choices, but I think the purps at the end are irrespective of your choices. I could be mistaken but I've done it a few times, and I've definitely seen a variance in the loot despite doing it almost exactly the same way every time.

I guess I'm just unlucky because I've done it a whole bunch and I've never seen it drop but I've seen Spellslinger guns like 6+ times.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
After getting a Spellslinger to ~18 and a medic to 20, I've realized medic is the space cowboy I thought Spellslinger would be. Medic dps might be the worst in the game, but it's fun as hell so I don't care.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

First Bass posted:

Is this in response to something specific? What did I miss? :confused:

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Rhonyn Peacemaker posted:

I didn't have my account for 5 minutes before I activated 2-factor.

I mean, how stupid do you have to be to not have it on?

It cannot be easier.

There isn't even an excuse of it being :10bux: or requiring a smartphone since there are apps you can get on the computer you are ostensibly playing wildstar on that will do it. Plus it gives you a neat free buff! We had a req back in wow after a number of people cleared out the middle tier tab in the gbank that if you wanted to be promoted from scrubby rear end in a top hat rank to the rank that lets you into big boy raids that you had to prove you had auth stuff. People still made off with all the lowbie greens every once and a while but seriously if you paid 60bux + sub (which is a bit ridiculous in this day and age imo, but here I am) just do the dang auth.

Thumbtacks posted:

After getting a Spellslinger to ~18 and a medic to 20, I've realized medic is the space cowboy I thought Spellslinger would be. Medic dps might be the worst in the game, but it's fun as hell so I don't care.

I find the medic to have a really loose thematic thing going on, but the rotations are pretty tight. I guess you have weird guns-that-aren't-guns that don't shoot bullets but instead mostly shoot squares? Also probes and uh quasi combo points? Every mechanic we didn't use in other classes mashed into one.

I love my medic :kimchi:

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Besesoth posted:

Is this in response to something specific? What did I miss? :confused:

I don't know if it was in response to anything in the thread but it does line up perfectly with

Jedit posted:

If only their parents had been fixed before they reproduced. I can't recall an MMO having such a shitstorm of bugs at launch, even SWTOR.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I for one feel very safe in knowing that in a scrap. Bruiserbot will always have my back.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

First Bass posted:

The official forums community is horrible; one of the worst I've seen. The doom and gloom attitude is palpable.

But the in-game community, in turn, is significantly better than the average MMORPG. Don't take this to mean "good", but it's something.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Liberatore posted:

The official forums community is horrible; one of the worst I've seen. The doom and gloom attitude is palpable.

But the in-game community, in turn, is significantly better than the average MMORPG. Don't take this to mean "good", but it's something.

For all the pubbies that bail after 1 or 2 wipes, I've never been called anything you hear within the first 5 minutes of logging onto xbox live.

Course I'm playing the pc version.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Doublestep posted:

I don't know if it was in response to anything in the thread but it does line up perfectly with

Must be his first MMO. Lets list a few:

Anarchy Online was so broken at launch as to be completely unplayable. And I don't mean "The work arounds to this bug were so annoying I quit in frustration" I mean you couldn't do any missions/quests because you couldn't walk through the doors of the instanced quest zones. Walking between zones would often catapult you out of the game.

WoW launch you were lucky to even get onto a server for the first two weeks, and the classes were so broken that several of them were largely useless (Lookin at you Paladin/Hunter) and this went well on till the first expansion.

As a matter of fact the only MMO I've ever played from day 1 where I didn't have some loving madness to deal with was probably GW2, and it suffers from just being loving boring.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Liberatore posted:

You mean like any forum community ever, right?

The reason people are posting on the forums is because they are not in game having fun? There isn't a reason to post on game forums when you could be playing unless you are disgruntled.

Since MWO, all game forums are now "the brown sea" for me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Liberatore posted:

Can't be worse than post launch WoW, can it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.
I think Wildstar has a lot of new product issues and maybe could have used a little more devtime but honestly it's enjoyable and refreshing to play. I hope they can get all their ducks in a row before Warlords of Draenor Open Beta and avoid a mass exodus.

• Locked thread