Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Sulecrist posted:

Is there a roundup/liveblog/whatever of the Ork book?

quote:

Relics are in. Not had time to read.
Buggys don't get new weapons, do get Grot Riggers at 10 points.
Not seen anything about FNP at all yet.
Grot riggers don't just work for IWND on 'nauts, any vehicle that has them, but cost per vehicle seems to differ. 20 to put them on a 'naut. BW don't seem to have the option.
Looks to be a lot more options with selecting wargear for meks
"A Big Mek may take items from the Mek Weapons, Melee Weapons, Runts & Squigs, Orky Know-wots and/or Gifts of Gork and Mork lists."
Mob rule is replaced by the D6 roll, yes.

Kustom Mega Slugga is a thing.
A Big Mek with mega armour can take one of the following
- Tellyport blasta
- Kustom force field

Relics:
Gifts of Gork and Mork
Da Dead Shiny Shoota
Da Finkin’ Kap
Da Fixer Upperz
Da Lucky Stikk
Headwoppa’s Killchoppa
Warboss Gazbag’s Blitzbike

D6 Result
If the unit is locked in combat, it passes the Morale check or Pinning test. If the unit is not locked in combat, it fails.
2-3
If the unit includes one or more Ork characters (including Independent Characters), it suffers D6 Strength 4 AP- hits, and is then treated as if it had passed the Morale check or Pinning test.
4-6
If the unit has 10 or more models, it suffers D6 Strength 4 AP- hits, and is then treated as if it had passed the Morale check or Pinning test. The hits are Randomly Allocated. If the unit has fewer than 10 models, it fails the Morale check or Pinning test.

Tellyporta blasta is the back mouned thing I've been describing and seems... uh, situational at best? Very short range weapon but causes instant death on a 6 wound. Rolling a 6 on AP causes a penetrating hit regardless of AV.

D6 Warlord Trait
1 Prophet of the Waaagh!: Mork (or possibly Gork) has chosen this Warlord for greatness, and every Ork under his command knows it.
The Warlord gains the Waaagh! special rule. If the Warlord already has the Waaagh! special rule then, in addition to the usual effects, all friendly models with the ’Ere We Go! special rule gain the Fearless special rule when he calls a Waaagh!, until the start of their next turn.
2 Bellowing Tyrant: This Warlord is an unholy terror, a roaring lunatic whose every (very loud) word is law.
The Warlord, and all friendly units with the Orks Faction within 12" of him, re-roll failed Morale checks and Pinning tests.
3 Like a Thunderbolt!: This Warlord is a master of the all-out, no-holds-barred, headlong charge into battle.
The Warlord, and all friendly units with the Orks Faction within 12" of him, can re-roll all the dice when determining Run moves or charge range.
4 Brutal but Kunnin’: This Warlord has a sneaky streak a mile wide and knows just where to hit his foes.
The Warlord can re-roll one failed To Hit or To Wound roll each turn.
5 Kunnin’ but Brutal: The Warlord knows when to roll with a punch, and can shrug off the hardest blows.
The Warlord can re-roll one failed armour or invulnerable saving throw each turn.
6 Might is Right: Made of muscle and aggression, this Warlord is the embodiment of the Orks’ warlike nature.
The Warlord receives +1 to the Strength characteristic on his profile.

From NotMyIfurita:

attack squig nerfed to 1 reroll in melee per turn

Badrukk has the rules listed for Da Rippa, but it is not listed in his wargear.

Yay Tankbustas can shoot at whatever they like, and Bustas and Burnas can take dedicated trukks

Kommandos get Stealth now, thats nice.. and they didnt see a point hike like burnas and tankbustas

eww.. Ramshackle got clobbered.. 6+ save when you take a pen, if successful downgrade to glance

Buggies in units of 5, gained outflank and a minor point decrease.

Snikrot is not HQ, effectively works like before when you add to Kommandos. Listed Elite. No slot if you bring Kommandos. He has Ambush and it gives Shrouded instead of Stealth the turn they arrive... still no charge from Reserves

Killkannon still lowers transport on BW

Rule for planks is a little complicated. If you get out of open topped and declare a charge, add 2 to the charge range

Deffrolla gains AP4 and loses half the hits

Lootas HS and cheaper (shocking)

I dont see any way to get Kans or Dreads as troops

Kans come in 6 packs

Wow.. Ghazzy is a LoW but I can't see why.. they didnt change him

Wow.. if you take an Ork Warband detachment, you can Waaaagh every turn after the first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
can't wait to find out how mediocre the codex is so everyone can scream about it being awful, it's the best part of the new releases.

for real though i'm excited to see what those relics do.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Hollismason posted:

I do not like these new rumours about the Ork codex at all, apparently Mob Rule doesn't actually confer fearless but some sort of bizzarre chart you roll on and suffer additional casualties but don't fall back.

So it's like a lovely poo poo lovely fearless.

Apparently it was a previous rule called No Retreat or something like that.

He says surprised, after seeing what they did to Tyranids :v:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

can't wait to find out how mediocre the codex is so everyone can scream about it being awful, it's the best part of the new releases.

It's almost as good as the White Knight brigade that immediately follows up and tries to spin every lovely rule or bad idea as awesome and innovative!

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
Stealth for Kommandos seems pretty nice. It doesn't look like anything else in there will affect my kill team.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Only thing that bugs me so far is lootas being HS makes for a really crowded slot.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
This is pretty much the last thing I am paying attention to for GW. If they gently caress up the Ork codex I will probably sell off most of my stuff.

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Im curious to see if there's an unusual amount of cancelled preorders/new preorders from the leak. If the rules are good and more people do it GW might have a reason to show new rules earlier

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Killa Kans available in Squadrons of 6 is pretty sweet, have to say but apparently no way to make it so you get more of them in like Troops or anything. It's really looking like the Ork Codex was written with 7th editions changes in FOC directly in mind as Waz is a LOW which just sucks hard for Ork players.

Boarding planks are pretty sweet.

Apparently Wazdakka is not in fact in the book. Which i think is really loving weird.

Then again.. does he have a model?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
They have to save something for the dlc. I imagine dataslates Speed Freakz, Bad Moonz and Blood Axes will be announced in the coming weeks.

Nothing about 'ard boyz? I have a bunch of old 2nd ed mega nobz I have to use for something.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 20, 2014

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

SRM posted:

Not totally different from 5th edition's version of Fearless.

expect now you get another WACKY RANDOM CHART to roll on. Because Random=Fun

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It would be more wacky and interesting if it was like

1 - Orks Fall Back
2 - Orks immediately charge forward
3 - If greater than 10 the Mob ignores the failed LD test.

Just kind of a boring chart. I don't mind random charts but at least try and make them some what interesting.

The Orks have pretty much been relegated to no longer really being that humorous and are more serious now which kind of sucks a little bit.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

quote:

Weirdboys gain a Warp Charge point if there are 10 or more models with the 'ere we go rule (Pretty much any Ork from what I've seen) in 12" but has to take a psychic save or take a hit.
Power of the Waaagh! and Daemonlogy disciplines.
Can be upgraded to Psyker level 2.

Primaris power is Frazzle (Blast witchfire).
'Eadbanger is now a focussed witchfire.
Warpath is a self blessing
Da jump is what used to be 'ere we go.
Killbolt is a beam attack.
Power vomit (Yes really) is a template witchfire.
Da Krunch is a barrage witchfire.

A BIG loving BLUNT posted:

expect now you get another WACKY RANDOM CHART to roll on. Because Random=Fun

Gotta forge that loving narrative somehow.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

gently caress that no Foot of Gork/Mork.

That looks like a rather boring selection of Psychic Powers.

I must have missed the part of the entire backstory of Orks summoning Daemons, possessed by them yes, but just opening up Warp Rifts so daemons can come through. Yep.

I'm really hoping the Da Krunch is a vortex like power.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 20, 2014

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Hollismason posted:

The Orks have pretty much been relegated to no longer really being that humorous and are more serious now which kind of sucks a little bit.

Big green space soccer hooligans who wear living organisms as hair and use teeth as currency CLEARLY should be grimdark hard-edge bullshit.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I wish I could find the old image of a Ork growing. I think it was in White Dwarf. Always find it funny that their fungus.

Also isn't the Dialect or "Orkish" supposed to be ebonically some weird British Accent?

edit:

Oh the Blacklibrary apparently keeps loving things up it just went up for sale again and more people grabbed it.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 20, 2014

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Hollismason posted:

gently caress that no Foot of Gork/Mork.

That looks like a rather boring selection of Psychic Powers.

I must have missed the part of the entire backstory of Orks summoning Daemons, possessred by them yes, but just opening up Warp Rifts so daemons can come through. Yep.

That's what I miss the most about ork fluff, they could get possessed but their minds were so chaotic and alien that demon would get confused and disoriented and end up serving the ork.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Orks can turn to Chaos, I think the best bit of backstory for Orks is that there is a group of Orks that literally invaded the Eye of Terror and Khorne was so impressed that even though they slaughtered them they get revived every day to fight the battle again. So It's basically Ork Heaven.

Edit:

Wow KFF got a huge nerf, now it's just the vehicle itself no more extension and its to "models" not units.

You cannot take Warbikes as troops O_o.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 20, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Slimnoid posted:

Big green space soccer hooligans who wear living organisms as hair and use teeth as currency CLEARLY should be grimdark hard-edge bullshit.

Isn't part of the charm of Gork and Mork that there's no discernible difference between the two, and noone can decide which one is the kunnin one? Declaring them one way and then stating Gork is the war god and the popular one takes some of the fun out of it surely

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

quote:

Kans now panic when 25% have died, if they fail a roll they are all shaken due to the grots freakin out. After losing 25% roll a D6 (+1 if more than 3 kans left, +1 for deff dred being in 6 inches). On a 3+ everything is fine, On a 1-2 they are all shaken

Hahaha this is loving garbage.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Safety Factor posted:

:stare: I see that your trend of getting new avatars bought for you over bad online games continues.

I ran the numbers and people have spent almost $100 on new avatars for me over the last 2 years. People get very upset about their video games :allears:

But it feels good to contribute to Lowtax's daughter's college tuition

Von Humboldt
Jan 13, 2009

Hollismason posted:

One of our local workers talked to a GW rep and got the lowdown on a bunch of stuff. I thought he was messing around, but everything else is confirmed. Since "Da Krunch" is likely the number 6 power, it is what he was telling us about. He didn't get everything, but what he did get is alright. S2d6, Large Blast. If S11 or 12 is rolled, resolved at S10 and roll again. Wish he got the AP, but a S7 (on average) Large Blast (Barrage, by the other rumors) isn't that bad.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

There have been some point reductions in the Codex but overall it seems like they just gutted two of the most popular armies and left it laying dying in a filthy gutter for children to find and be scarred for life.

Basically the old school, here's a poo poo load of Killa Kans or here's a Shitload of bikers is just gone. There is nothing in the book so far that makes certain listings Troop Choices, like there was previously.

Oh and the only unit that doesn't take up a HQ slot is a Mek. Painboys take up HQs so there's this huge competition now for HQ slot and the H. Support slots.

Oh and the Battlewagon got more expensive.

Sounds like it got the Tyranid treatment and not the Imperial Guard treatment.

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN

Slimnoid posted:

Buggies in units of 5, gained outflank and a minor point decrease.
Man, I hope that means we see a new Buggy model.

quote:

eww.. Ramshackle got clobbered.. 6+ save when you take a pen, if successful downgrade to glance
Wow.

quote:

Deffrolla gains AP4 and loses half the hits
No!

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

quote:

Dakka jet guns now only fire one more shot than normal on a Waaagh, not everything twice. Deff Koptas look the same, and picture is the old metal model.

Bikes only get +1 to their cover save if they turbo boost, no more gas and smoke cloud

Lootas got cheaper, gun is the same.

Tank bustas got cheaper, Glory hogs gives 2vp for first blood if they blow up a tank to get it.

Also the Killa Kans got more expensive. 25% more expensive for the big shoota variant

Deff Dred got cheaper by 1 big shoota, and its rokkits are a few exchange. All its weapon options are now cheaper too.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

KFF getting that nerf is a big deal. I play someone who
that is all he loving uses. His whole army is like garbage now as he used Bikes as troops and Dreads and Cans.

edit:

Red pain job now just adds +1 to Flat out moves.

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

We knew that KFF nerf was coming because it was in the Gorkanought rules, but it still sucks hard.

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Moola posted:

You REALLY should just be buying this if you want combi-weapons.

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=60_87&product_id=277

Cheap, fantastic quality, holes for magnetizing, extra bits.

The melta and flamer barrels look neat but I don't see an obvious plasma substitute. Am I just blind?

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

I can't believe how bad Ramshackle got nerfed. Trukks were already kind of bad, what with 12-man squads in the age of Overwatch and the loss of Initiative Boosting Furious Charge.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

quote:

Storm Boys are now cheaper, and can be in Mobs of 30, no longer kill themselves unless they do their new 2D6 run (they take dangerous terrain tests for doing so)

80 Point Deff Dred, comes with 2 big shootas, rokkit are a free exchange. KMB are +5 point Exchange. Riggers are 10 points

Wagon went up by 20, Kill Kannon is now half the price for it, 5 point drops for both lobba and Zzap gun on it. Weapon options the same as ever.

Trukk dropped by 5, ramshackle is now a 6 to move a pen to a glance. Rokkit is a free exchange.

Kaptin Badrukk

Da Freeboota King

Stat line unchanged

UNIT TYPE:
Infantry (Character).

UNIT COMPOSITION:
1 (Unique)

WARGEAR:
• Slugga
• Choppa
• Stikkbombs
• Bosspole
• Gitfinda

WARLORD TRAIT:
• Kunnin’ but Brutal

GIFTS OF GORK AND MORK

Goldtoof Armour: Kaptin Badrukk’s priceless war-plate is fashioned from looted power armour, and houses a miniature force field generator.

Goldtoof armour confers a (Same as before) Armour Save and a (Same as before) invulnerable save.

Da Rippa: This gun once belonged to the Ogryn bodyguard of a sub-sector governor. The Kaptin has since had it kustomised to fire unstable plasma canisters instead of extreme-calibre bullets.

Same statline.

A Big Mek with mega armour can take one of the following
- Tellyport blasta
- Kustom force field

So, yup, your Big Mek is gonna have to be in Mega Armour to take a KFF

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Power Player posted:

We knew that KFF nerf was coming because it was in the Gorkanought rules, but it still sucks hard.

I was pretty surprised they lost Wazdakka and Zogstruck. Plus Orks have no ability to manipulate the FOC now.

edit:

If you want to buy the Ork Codex right now you just hit refresh and for whatever reason eventually it'll let you just buy it. What the hell. I'm sure it'll get fixed but yeah. Occasionally it will give you the option to buy it right now. More people have purchased it.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Don't worry guys, we will have to buy the new ork codex, then in two months we will get the DLC codex that fix everything for the different clans so you will have to buy two books instead of one.

Genius!

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
A bunch of Salamanders stuff just showed up on Forge World. Contemptor Dread, heads, and torsos.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Soooo, anyone have any tips for staying an Emperors Children army?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
Codex: Orks, Games Workshop's diabolical plan to force people to buy more dice for all the random rolls.

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

Wait, is the Deffrolla the same price on the Battlewagon?

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

quote:

Zzap gun is mildly less likely to fry a grot (on a str 11 or 12 shot it gets hot on 1-3 rather than insta fry grot).

Ghaz is eternal warrior, but lost whatever Adamantium skill did for him. (Points, stats, wargear the same otherwise)

Painboy gives FNP, independant character, urty syringe (4+ poison, AP - )

Grotzooka stats the same, Big Choppa gained AP 5, Nobz got a very mild points drop.

Nob Bikers are the same points as before (but nobs themselves cheaper), Eavy Armour got a point cheaper on the Nobz.

feel bad now but no more Cybork Bodies for nobs sorry, your painboy is OK but he's now a HQ slot, Waagh banner got a little more expensive.

Grots with a runt herd are now 5 points less for a minimum squad, no changes or improvement.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Soooo, anyone have any tips for staying an Emperors Children army?

30K or 40K?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Power Player posted:

Wait, is the Deffrolla the same price on the Battlewagon?

I'll ask.

You can no longer get Cybork bodies on Nobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

quote:

Big Choppa gained AP 5
lol

• Locked thread