Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

BlitzBlast posted:

Well I know that, it's just that it's always over by the shoulder so I call it like I see it.

Also this conversation is quickly turning into a derail so let's just end it here.

Talking about weird Gundam design conventions in the Build Fighters thread is a derail now? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

boom boom boom posted:

I like the shield.

It's the dumb green gun sword that's awful and sucks.

Well, when you've already hit perfection with the 00 Gundam's switchblade sword/pistol, there's really nowhere to go but down.

I hope someone in Build Fighters S2 has some sort of 00 kitbash dual wielding those things. Maybe the 00 Amazing...?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm on board with Mao having the 00 Raiser Maoh. It's got the giant beam cannons he's so fond of.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

That giant beam cannon is actually a giant beam saber. :science:

Maoh Raiser Sword.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Well Manicured Man posted:

Well, when you've already hit perfection with the 00 Gundam's switchblade sword/pistol, there's really nowhere to go but down.

I hope someone in Build Fighters S2 has some sort of 00 kitbash dual wielding those things. Maybe the 00 Amazing...?

Actually perfection was Exia's giant switchblade and every sword + gun combo will forever pale in comparison to that thing swinging into place with accompanying sound effect.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
Did they ever release the Blu-rays with English subs?

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Also it totals the kit's balance.

I dread the day that I move and I have to lift the 00 Qan[t] from the perch I placed it on many moons ago.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Eej posted:

Actually perfection was Exia's giant switchblade and every sword + gun combo will forever pale in comparison to that thing swinging into place with accompanying sound effect.

Same thing with the GN sword III, which was a similar blade with an even better gun attached. I straight up can't tell you why they thought the GN Sword V was an improvement.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Actually now that 00 S2 is available, I want to see the 00 SS/G animated.

Or hell, if someone's feeling creative enough, the 00 SS/G XN Raiser + GN Sword III.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caros posted:

Same thing with the GN sword III, which was a similar blade with an even better gun attached. I straight up can't tell you why they thought the GN Sword V was an improvement.

I still want to see an Exia/00 variant that just dual-wields two of those GN Switchblades. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet considering all the spinoff designs.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Caros posted:

Because the sword bits can attach to it and turn it into a gigantic leaf blade/buster sword, which is hilarious.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

BlitzBlast posted:

Actually now that 00 S2 is available, I want to see the 00 SS/G animated.

Or hell, if someone's feeling creative enough, the 00 SS/G XN Raiser + GN Sword III.
Why stop there: GN 00Qan[T] 7Sword/G - XN Raiser - GN Sword 3 - Double Shield ver. :shepface:
And I'm pretty sure I saw a version of this...thing...with 2 GN sword 5 on it.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I still want to see an Exia/00 variant that just dual-wields two of those GN Switchblades. I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet considering all the spinoff designs.
Exia Repair 3 has a GN switchblade long rifle, but that's about it.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
All I want is an ∀mazing Gundam.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ActionZero posted:

Plavsky particle nukes :allears:

Alternatively: an even more ridiculous mustache and two laser pistols from the Sumo. Ah that would be incredible.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Is any of the Gundam Unicorn stuff available to be used in Build Fighters yet? That is sort of a series that aired since the first season came out given that the final episode of it aired recently.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

HiKaizer posted:

Is any of the Gundam Unicorn stuff available to be used in Build Fighters yet? That is sort of a series that aired since the first season came out given that the final episode of it aired recently.

Mao built a Kshatriya while hitchhiking and used it to pay a truck driver. That's about it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

ActionZero posted:

Turn eXia.

Trans-Am Butterfly

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

HiKaizer posted:

they can use it, but no point in putting it in when unicorn stuff is already selling like crazy.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Plavsky particle nukes :allears:

Alternatively: an even more ridiculous mustache and two laser pistols from the Sumo. Ah that would be incredible.

If such a machine doesn't have a custom cow of some kind included, then it is a failure in my eyes. Doesn't even need to do anything, just have a different paint scheme in show than the black & white cow in Turn-A had or something. Or maybe give it a beam washing line.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

A lot of the 'second-tier' units never really got a showing in BF. Most of the iconic pilot units were first-tier suits. (Strike, Zaku II, Wing Gundam, Gundam X, Astray, Crossbone Gundam, ect.) So a second season has a pretty good chance of pushing some of the bigger upgrade units to the forefront.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Perfection:

Hot garbage:

e: its mostly that lovely colorscheme that I hate I guess.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

KoB posted:

Perfection:

Hot garbage:

e: its mostly that lovely colorscheme that I hate I guess.

It's virtually the same color scheme except with the blue bands on the legs and arms and the blue spot on the head. Even the red and gold in the torso area is almost identical.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Monaghan posted:

they can use it, but no point in putting it in when unicorn stuff is already selling like crazy.

Also, aside from the Unicorn, the suits in Unicorn are just spikier or more complicated versions of suits from Z and ZZ. What's the point of putting in an Anksha when an Ashimar is so much easier to draw?

KoB
May 1, 2009

Kanos posted:

It's virtually the same color scheme except with the blue bands on the legs and arms and the blue spot on the head. Even the red and gold in the torso area is almost identical.

The head is dumb, the chest isnt as cool, and the blue bands are hideous :colbert:

gunpla:biotruths:

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

tsob posted:

If such a machine doesn't have a custom cow of some kind included, then it is a failure in my eyes. Doesn't even need to do anything, just have a different paint scheme in show than the black & white cow in Turn-A had or something. Or maybe give it a beam washing line.

Chest-launched Cow Bits.

With GN Drives.

:unsmigghh:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

KoB posted:

The head is dumb, the chest isnt as cool, and the blue bands are hideous :colbert:

The Exia's head is my least favorite part of the design because it looks like it has random holes in it for no reason.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I'd be cool with it if it didn't have the little pop up spikes and spike sleeves on it's neck.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

It will literally never happen but I would love for someone to show up with a fully transformable Unicorn only to them to lose horribly because its a brick that falls apart at the slightest touch.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The Unicorn is a mobile suit that transforms into a Gundam.

It's basically a jumped-up Reborns Gundam.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

KoB posted:

What I'm getting from this is that you'd hate the Exia RIII.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

HiKaizer posted:

Off the top of my head, about the only things Episode 7 added are the Neo Zeong, the Kyshatria Repair, and the Unicorn versions of the Zeta Plus and the Gustav Karl. So, not much else that Build Fighters didn't have access to in Season 1.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

The Unicorn is a mobile suit that transforms into a Gundam.

It's basically a jumped-up Reborns Gundam.

Not really, the Reborns Gundam changed from a Guncannon into a Gundam, completely changing its weapon loadout. The only thing that changes equipment wise between Unicorn and Destroy mode is another set of beam sabers pop out of the back.

EDIT: VVVV Either way, the only real difference is another set of beam sabers, compared to a complete transformation with the Reborns.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 20, 2014

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TARDISman posted:

Not really, the Reborns Gundam changed from a Guncannon into a Gundam, completely changing its weapon loadout. The only thing that changes equipment wise between Unicorn and Destroy mode is another set of beam sabers pop out of the back.
The mounted arm beam sabers are what become useable in Destroy Mode, actually. The beam sabers on the back are there by default, they just pop up to look like typical protagonist Gundam positioning in Destroy Mode.

See the beam saber starting at 1:25, and NT-D Assault at 2:25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viLkY90V1ZY

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

No, he was right. While in Unicorn mode, the Unicorn only has access to the sabers on the arms. You're probably thinking of beam tonfa mode.

Zedd posted:

Why stop there: GN 00Qan[T] 7Sword/G - XN Raiser - GN Sword 3 - Double Shield ver. :shepface:

I would be entirely cool with this if we get another pilot like ~Evil Meijin~ who realizes his suit has a bunch of redundant weapons and is thus perfectly willing to pull otherwise wasteful feints.

Dark Matter vs SBS was so good.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

No, he was right. While in Unicorn mode, the Unicorn only has access to the sabers on the arms. You're probably thinking of beam tonfa mode.
I looked at the normal Unicorn mode from Z3.1 and it does indeed grab a beam saber from the arm. My bad.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Bloody Pom posted:

That giant beam cannon is actually a giant beam saber. :science:

Maoh Raiser Sword.

The 00 Raiser being able to produce a beam saber so massive that the bad guys thought it was a beam cannon at first was dumb as gently caress in the series but would be right at home (not to mention totally badass) in Build Fighters.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Well Manicured Man posted:

The 00 Raiser being able to produce a beam saber so massive that the bad guys thought it was a beam cannon at first was dumb as gently caress in the series but would be right at home (not to mention totally badass) in Build Fighters.

If they're going to do that then they better bring back Sengoku Astray and make him Powered with the Anti-Ship cleaving sword. I want to see that vs. Raiser Sword.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

By the way, Bandai's holding an event on July 19th that'll shed more light on both G-Reco and BF S2.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Turns out they are the same show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ethiser posted:

Turns out they are the same show.

G-Reco's played straight the whole way through, right up until the climax of the final battle... and the words BATTLE ENDED appear in the sky...

• Locked thread