Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

A misanthrope posted:

holy shti morally inept isnt banned?

howm many dogs we have to gently caress before we cross the line, mods?
So I checked SAclopedia to see what you guys were talking about.

Morally Inept posted:

A smear campaign was thrust upon Morally Inept out of pure jealousy. Said user has never hosed a dog and was set up by the powers-that-be. He is a highly moral individual who finds it puzzling how his joke post could be seen as anything but a joke. The goon hive-mind again has reared its ugly head.

We know its you writing the entry! We can see your name right there!

LifeSizePotato posted:

i haven't either and i've been lifting for like 12 years

tbh usually the people who bitch about it online are just trying really hard to make sure everyone knows they do squats
I used to go to a neighborhood rec center. I saw curls in the squat rack, guys in blue jeans and steel toed boots, etc. etc. Every dumb cliche you could think of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
*drops 25 lb barbells on the floor from shoulder height, grunting and cursing like i just lifted the ops mom*

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

LifeSizePotato posted:

i haven't either and i've been lifting for like 12 years

tbh usually the people who bitch about it online are just trying really hard to make sure everyone knows they do squats

Lifted for 6 now and I see it at the base gym every now and then. I think it's mostly the marine corps that does it but could be the army guys too

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
my favorite gym patrons:

indian grandmother in traditional clothes and sandals using a stationary bike

the super tan middle aged guy with a fat gut wearing the tank-top with massive arm holes

the girl with her phone on speakerphone calling everyone she knows to tell them shes at the gym right now, might get some froyo after

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
why have squats gotten so popular thats all I hear people talk about.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
cuz its helps prevent saggy rear end

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

max4me posted:

because more squats = more twats

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

max4me posted:

because newbs and sissies don't do squats, and you're not a newb or a sissy, are you??

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
High-weight lunges were always way tougher for me than squats. Way more muscles to coordinate. Squats are pretty simple in comparison.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
it also makes you an absolute star if you're a power bottom

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Libelous Slander posted:

it also makes you an absolute star if you're a power bottom

topping from the bottom

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
If you see someone doing curls in the squat rack, it means they've already maxed out their squat stats to *** and don't have to do them anymore.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
i stopped doing squats after i started doing yoga cause drat have you seen the rear end+thighs of yoga instructors? ????

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
People who are too afraid of asking people if they can use the squat rack so they post about it on the internet instead

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Paper Diamonds posted:

We know its you writing the entry! We can see your name right there!

hahaha holy poo poo

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

OMFG FURRY posted:

i stopped doing squats after i started doing yoga cause drat have you seen the rear end+thighs of yoga instructors? ????

No, I haven't. Can you describe them?

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

No, I haven't. Can you describe them?

in picture form, pls

also, yoga might do wonders for girls but it's probably like crossfit where if you're a dude, you really have to lift some actual weights

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax
Sux to b u guys with ur gyms taht have other people. My gym is about as good as my post history. Empty 24/7 never have to wait for anything. It's in a basement under a pool and there's this huge boiler room on the way to the men's locker room. It's got valves and levers and poo poo that seem pretty accessible. Every day I'm surprised nobody has decided to play around.

It's so lovely, I love it. I could blow 2 loads in the steam room before someone even walks in on me.

lol as if anyone ever puts anything back anywhwere besides directly on the floor below them

My gym is the GBS 1.4 of gyms.

cname fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 20, 2014

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Motherfuckers that leave 180lbs on the top row of the squat rack

I'm a short dude, not gonna risk a concussion getting those plates off

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!
I filled out a complaint form at my gym because nobody ever put the loving barbells back. there would be 20+ barbells on the floor of the fairly small weight room every time. a few days later they put an old man in there to shout at people.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

i'm the guy the internet complains about. I travel the world, curling squat racks, benching the rack and then leaving the bench there, also I don't use towels and I often spill my protein shakes

sometimes if I need a change of pace I'll grab an elliptical and go as slow as I can for 45 minutes

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
ive seen a few people do bicep curls in teh squat rack and it really is perplexing. Even more so at my gym since we only have two squat racks

like, we have smaller barbells for curling and also dumbbells. Why are you using the huge rack for that poo poo you terrible god drat garbage person

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Zzulu posted:

ive seen a few people do bicep curls in teh squat rack and it really is perplexing. Even more so at my gym since we only have two squat racks

like, we have smaller barbells for curling and also dumbbells. Why are you using the huge rack for that poo poo you terrible god drat garbage person

probably with one little 5 or 10 pounder on there, too

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Using the squat rack for curls makes no loving sense, why would somebody do that?

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

There's two dudes at my rec centre that do that, and one girl who uses the squat rack to do kipping pull-ups with a resistance band looped around the bar and her feet.
We only have one squat rack.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

LifeSizePotato posted:

probably with one little 5 or 10 pounder on there, too

this exactly, one time ALL THREE of the power racks had people curling the long-rear end barbells with a five or ten on the end. usually though all you have to do is go up and be like "yo how much do you have left" in a stern but neutral voice and they'll poo poo themselves and be like "oh uhhh i'm done/was just warming up" and walk off because they have no idea what they are doing anyway and you'll give the impression that they're being a nuisance

it loving sucks during the summer since all the HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES can't go to their school gym anymore and bring all their new age resistance band crossfit superset bullshit to the adult gym and occupy the racks doing their stupid kipping pullup/muscle-up/resistance band routines, like dudes bodybuilding hasn't changed for the most part since its inception and nobody who is actually jacked actually does poo poo like that, wtf you doing just lift weights like normal people and do sprints

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 20, 2014

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0WxyKGD7sU

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
At my gym there's actually several dedicated curl racks with special short bars for curling yet people just ignore them and do curls in the squat rack instead :negative:. It's more annoying though when people use the barbell bench for abs or something though because it's hard enough to get a bench as it is.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Stop going to the gym so late I never have to fight off anyone at 6 am to do what I want to do

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Justin Tyme posted:

this exactly, one time ALL THREE of the power racks had people curling the long-rear end barbells with a five or ten on the end. usually though all you have to do is go up and be like "yo how much do you have left" in a stern but neutral voice and they'll poo poo themselves and be like "oh uhhh i'm done/was just warming up" and walk off because they have no idea what they are doing anyway and you'll give the impression that they're being a nuisance

it loving sucks during the summer since all the HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES can't go to their school gym anymore and bring all their new age resistance band crossfit superset bullshit to the adult gym and occupy the racks doing their stupid kipping pullup/muscle-up/resistance band routines, like dudes bodybuilding hasn't changed for the most part since its inception and nobody who is actually jacked actually does poo poo like that, wtf you doing just lift weights like normal people and do sprints

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPjUsu2-QMQ&t=10s

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
it's pretty hosed up that people go to the gym

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Twee as gently caress posted:

Stop going to the gym so late I never have to fight off anyone at 6 am to do what I want to do

11am is the best time. The geriatrics are really supportive and it's easy to get a spot on the bench.

lite frisk
Oct 5, 2013

This. But don't actually do it in case we go to the same gym.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Fat girls at the local YMCA like to put a yoga mat in the squat rack and attempt various core exercises with ample resting periods.

I filled out a complaint form and now there is signs telling people to do that poo poo in its designated area.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i can only go to the gym either right before work or after work

If I go before work way early in the morning it means i have to go up even earlier and im all about not going up early

So I go after work and after work is when the gym gets real packed and all the everything gets occupied :(

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

Ramsus posted:

Fat girls at the local YMCA like to put a yoga mat in the squat rack and attempt various core exercises with ample resting periods.

I filled out a complaint form and now there is signs telling people to do that poo poo in its designated area.

you showed them all right

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yoga is a bunch of bullshit for bullshit people

you dont need the gym for that you fucks, just do it at home or in the park or whatever and leave my gym alone

You're welcome to do yoga here if you're hot though. ONLY THEN THOUGH

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Zzulu posted:

yoga is a bunch of bullshit for bullshit people

you dont need the gym for that you fucks, just do it at home or in the park or whatever and leave my gym alone

You're welcome to do yoga here if you're hot though. ONLY THEN THOUGH

yoga is bullshit i agree but i welcome all yoga practitioners at the gym because yoga pants man.

yoga. pants.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Ramsus posted:

lol look at this wimpy rear end goony motherfucker using bureaucracy instead of choking out a few words to another human

e: did you try to submit a Zendesk ticket and then get real huffy about having to hand-write a work request

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

yoga is bullshit i agree but i welcome all yoga practitioners at the gym because yoga pants man.

yoga. pants.

:marc:

• Locked thread