Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.

Power Player posted:

Wait, is the Deffrolla the same price on the Battlewagon?

Deffrolla is half the price, but apparently only does D3 now instead of D6.

edit:

The good news though is Orks apparently have their own detachment they can take where its 1 HQ 3 Troops and take an additional 2 HQ and 6 more troops.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

My idea is starting with a core I can use for either, whether loyal or traitor.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I'd straight up go for Salamanders, as they're a pretty awesome Space marine army as well.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well, Emperor's Children are a bit different in terms of ability and equipment in 40K compared to their Heresy-era models/units. Unfortunately I haven't played 30K and can't really speak to it, but I can offer some 40K Chaos-related advice.

A Chaos Lord with a Mark of Slaanesh and a unit or two of Noise Marines can be pretty great, especially since the Blastmaster can ignore cover and reduce MEq models to slag pretty reliably. Chaos Bikers with marks of Slaanesh are good as well, as they can take a banner which gives them Feel No Pain. Chaos Cultists are always handy, cheap, and the models are inexpensive compared to other options.

You could pretty easily work up a CSM 40K list using Forgeworld "loyalist" models, using Kakophoni as Blastmaster models for the Noise Marine units.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
No Cybork on Nobs? Seems unusual but Nobz were already a poor answer to anything that needed an invulnerable to survive. Orks don't need more units to target chumps though.

Most importantly, what has happened to Mega Nobz?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010
The "can't re-roll a re-roll" rule is officially gone now, right? Looking at the section on generating psychic powers it explicitly says to keep rolling until you generate a different power than the one you had. Works the same with stuff like the Gift Of Mutation when you roll spawn or daemon prince, (unless it specifically says you can't) right?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Not really , those are kind of the only exceptions. Otherwise no you can't reroll a reroll. There's very few ways to actually do ti though to actually get a reroll of a reroll.

Reroll.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Post 9-11 User posted:

The "can't re-roll a re-roll" rule is officially gone now, right? Looking at the section on generating psychic powers it explicitly says to keep rolling until you generate a different power than the one you had. Works the same with stuff like the Gift Of Mutation when you roll spawn or daemon prince, (unless it specifically says you can't) right?

Still can't reroll a reroll. The psyker thing is an exception since you can't have two copies of the same power and MUST roll all your mastery level powers; therefore you need to keep on rerolling until you get something you don't have already. Rerolls like master-crafted weapon with prescience and BS6+ don't stack, though, you pick one of them to use.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Who is the author of the new Ork Codex?

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
I will really hate it if they bring back the extra wounds on losing combat thing. That was the one thing I absolutely detested in 5th as an Ork player and if they bring it back especially for me, fuuuuuuck that.

Orks are the last investment I have in this hobby and it will really kill my interest.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Indolent Bastard posted:

Who is the author of the new Ork Codex?

I thought they didn't credit individual writers on the codexes anymore to try to keep needs from hating dudes.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Most of the info coming doesn't bold well for the orks.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Oh my god, it's the same poo poo (nearly) every Codex release.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Orks might be able to spam AV11 with high strength shots, which is neat. But really it always sucks to be the first codex of a new edition.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You're looking at probably 30-40 marines, 2 rhinos, 3-4 aspiring champions that can count-as for different things, and an HQ + delivery option (landraider, jetpack, spartan, jetbike, or bike) and your choice of predators, vindicators, dreadnoughts, or contemptor dreadnoughts. EC in 30k are middle of the pack.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

AndyElusive posted:

Oh my god, it's the same poo poo (nearly) every Codex release.

So go visit Reddit for a week and get a vacation from it.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Lol if they lose bodies at the end of combats it's going to be - charge, then lose dudes on the charge, lose dudes in combat, lose dudes at the end of combat. Ridiculous

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

But really it always sucks to be the first codex of a new edition.

Worked out pretty well for Necrons.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Discospawn posted:

Except for the fact that they were never first codex of a new edition, sure.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Lungboy posted:

Except for the fact that they were never first codex of a new edition, sure.

Yeah they're usually more like the last codex of any edition they're in

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Discospawn posted:

By that logic of course Guard would be the first 7th ed codex, which... would actually fit well, considering the specific inclusion of Tank Commanders as characters and the whole "Take Aim!" and Precision Shot rule shenanigans.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Lord Twisted posted:

Lol if they lose bodies at the end of combats it's going to be - charge, then lose dudes on the charge, lose dudes in combat, lose dudes at the end of combat. Ridiculous

Buy even more Boyz kids!

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

waah posted:

Buy even more Boyz kids!

I can't find the checkout button through my tears.

But seriously, if the Kommandos in a Trukk thing is true, I'll laugh long and hard.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

I can't find the checkout button through my tears.

But seriously, if the Kommandos in a Trukk thing is true, I'll laugh long and hard.

What's this? I can't find any references to that interaction. (Something to do with Stealth?)

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

What are the god-tier 30k armies? I want to make sure nobody has any fun but me when we play.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

By that logic of course Guard would be the first 7th ed codex, which... would actually fit well, considering the specific inclusion of Tank Commanders as characters and the whole "Take Aim!" and Precision Shot rule shenanigans.

And Daemons being the first 5th ed. Codex. It all makes sense now :stare:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

panascope posted:

What are the god-tier 30k armies? I want to make sure nobody has any fun but me when we play.

space marines are p good

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

TheChirurgeon posted:

space marines are p good

Kind of a toss up between space marines and mechanicum if you ask me.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

Word Barrers

Some of the other legions have comedy builds like Ad Mech, Iron Hands, and Iron Warriors, but Word Barrers have ton of dumb stuff they can do thanks to daemon allies and 7th edition space wizard rules.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 20, 2014

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I finally finished painting my Eldar tanks. The Wave Serpent was from the Eldar battleforce while the Falcon was one of the minis I inherited from an older cousin of mine who used to play. Here's what the Falcon originally looked like (on the right):

And here it is now, on the left, with its Wave Serpent buddy:

A few more pics:

Still got plenty more models to paint, though - but at least now I know I can finish what I start!

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

panascope posted:

Whoops thought you said 40k, well I don't play 30k but Salamanders and Ad Mech seem pretty amazing.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Pretty excited for Orks. I never did end up painting too much, so I'm not terribly disappointed by all the current news. Sounds like weirdboyz aren't total poo poo now, I have a reason to paint my stompa now, Forgeworld still has a bikerboss and warbikes as troops, and the new painboss is a thing I'll be taking.

Waaaaaagh is coming.

Who needs plastic meks?

My blitza bomba drops bombs that have large blast ap2 now, so that's really something.

Power Player
Oct 2, 2006

GOD SPEED YOU! HUNGRY MEXICAN
So what will be the best way to use KFF Meks now, I wonder. I guess footslogging a bunch of them to create multiple bubbles is the only legit thing now.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
KFFs on the new gorka/morka things will help if you plan on going foot heavy. What's interesting is that I keep seeing it referred to as being an invul save. Orks can still get cover just fine with some weedy grots out front.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm really sad now.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Cataphract posted:

I'm really sad now.

It'll be okay friend. If it makes you feel any better I've been really enjoying your music since I found out about it.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Warboss edition of the codex is going to be £100/$165USD/$180AUD. That's some coin for just a book.

Edit: It's the codex plus a supplement. Released at the same time.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 20, 2014

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :shepicide:

I swore I'd stop supporting Capcom for doing that same poo poo: Day 1 DLC.

I think the most confounding thing so far about this codex release (again, assuming all the posted stuff is true) is Gazghkull being a Lord of War. What could he possibly do that would make him take up the same slot as a Stompa?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

I'm guessing it's the start of a trend, and the biggest baddest special characters will all become lords of war.

Apollodorus posted:

I finally finished painting my Eldar tanks. The Wave Serpent was from the Eldar battleforce while the Falcon was one of the minis I inherited from an older cousin of mine who used to play. Here's what the Falcon originally looked like (on the right):

And here it is now, on the left, with its Wave Serpent buddy:

A few more pics:

Still got plenty more models to paint, though - but at least now I know I can finish what I start!

These look really nice. I love the Alaitoc scheme and you did it perfectly.

A BIG FUCKING BLUNT
Nov 10, 2007

Anyone who thought they were gonna make the Ork codex anything more than the comedy option they've always been was setting themselves up for dissapointment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It's a shame Orks aren't looking great, but Orks are Orks and they're still da best. I think PeterWeller's on to something with the Lord of War slot for apex characters.

BULBASAUR posted:

I ran the numbers and people have spent almost $100 on new avatars for me over the last 2 years. People get very upset about their video games :allears:

But it feels good to contribute to Lowtax's daughter's college tuition

Red titles bought by idiots are the best titles. Mine is an amazing work of irony, having been paid for by a literal death squad apologist.

• Locked thread