Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

IcePhoenix posted:

what about the bottles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

(seriously I am legitimately protesting this and you keep ignoring it)

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Fast Luck is officially Spencer Bledsoe.

If I was anybody but me, I would totally be digging this right now.

Aw, heck, Fast Luck is a good guy. Congratulations, buddy.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Aw, thanks. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

IcePhoenix posted:

(seriously I am legitimately protesting this and you keep ignoring it)

Asiina posted:

I count 44 if I'm being generous, but that's still 14.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

no visual proof so it means nothing, I want to see what they count so I can show the ones I got that they didn't

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
CONGRATS FAST LUCK

OR MAYBE CONGRATS ICE I GOT 45 BOTTLES

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If Ice gets that point we need to go on and count loving sandbags :mad:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Majuju posted:

CONGRATS FAST LUCK

OR MAYBE CONGRATS ICE I GOT 45 BOTTLES

he guessed 16 so he'd still be wrong, im making out an image right now

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I counted 48 though which is why I want to see your image.

If I'm wrong then I will stop.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

tribal council will be held tomorrow at 6:00PM. I'll see everyone then.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
Fast Luck you are kind of annoying a lot of the time but god drat if you are not a scrapper in these challenges. Gratz!`

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

46: you can tell that it's not the mouth of nine because it's way too wide, or eight because it's at a different angle
47: the position of the light compared to the other bottles means it has to be off of something behind 9 and 10 and I'm pretty sure that's a mouth back there (hard to tell with the quality of the photo)
48: self explanatory

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Number 47, even as zoomed in, is inconclusive. Both other mods agree, as do the viewers in the vista. I apologize IcePhoenix, but the decision will stand.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Throw it out then, it's pretty conclusive to me, and the history of this challenge is shady at best

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

Throw it out then, it's pretty conclusive to me, and the history of this challenge is shady at best

We all looked at it and we all disagree.

Sorry that you aren't seeing it, but that's the way it's going to be.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Asiina posted:

We all looked at it and we all disagree.

Sorry that you aren't seeing it, but that's the way it's going to be.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050083/

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

IcePhoenix posted:

Dude. No one else is seeing what you are seeing. The line you've drawn in that zoomed in view doesn't match the reality of what I'm seeing.

For what it's worth, if this challenge is ever used in future seasons, it can be phrased as "How many did Jeff Probst see?" to try and avoid these issues. And then you can judge how exacting you think whoever is running the challenge was in their counting rather than taking a microscope to a really poor picture. The 1 minute time limit for a guess, combined with the odd groupings, is supposed to make it pretty fluid anyway rather than exacting, similar to counting beans in a jar.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's literally physics. The light should not be reflecting that way if there isn't something back there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Look at the other bottles. The light is reflecting off the CENTER of the bottle. Not the side. Never the side.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069754/

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

not relevant, I wasn't linking it as a description of my mood

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_eSwq1ewsU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

very relevant because one of my images is titled THERE. ARE. 48. BOTTLES.

And thank you for essentially agreeing with me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
But seriously Ice, it's clear nobody's mind is gonna be changed so just let it go. You're only causing yourself more stress now :(

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

I'm not sure if that means what you intended.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rarity posted:

But seriously Ice, it's clear nobody's mind is gonna be changed so just let it go. You're only causing yourself more stress now :(

I've already told people to stop talking to me about it. I will just have to go to the grave with a better understanding of how the world works I guess :rip:

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

I am the farthest getting mod to date!

Eat it HulkaMatt and Xylos!

I AM HUGE AND UNCONQUERABLE

LOOK ON MY POSTS, YE MIGHTY, AND DESPAIR

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Winson_Paine posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Winson_Paine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M7gBznA884

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

THIS IS AMAZING

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hi John Cena and Mods, I managed to relax a bit and I just want you to know that even though I am still adamant about my counting I am sorry for blowing up like that at you I know this game is probably about as stressful to run as it is to play.

Psychotic Puggle
May 21, 2012

When I'm dead, just throw me in the trash!

After listening to this one so many times, the original just doesn't sound right to me anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTnUpYVPAVY

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
:ducksiren: An Announcement :ducksiren:

It is now time to get your votes in for the Awful Survivor BYOB Player of the Season! The winner of Awful Survivor BYOB's Player of the Season contest will win a :20bux: Amazon gift card! :woop:

PM me the name of the player you want to win the Player of the Season award! The deadline for sending in your vote is the start of the Final Tribal Council.

caveat: Players may not vote for themselves, but are welcome to submit votes for other players!

EDIT: if you don't have PMs you can send your vote to poquefromsa at gmail dot com. please identify yourself by SA username in the email and also post here that you sent a vote!

Poque fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 20, 2014

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Tribal Council 13

Bundlepile Tribe, Welcome to Tribal Council. We're at the Final Five, and there isn't much room for people to slip by.

During Tribal Council, you are NOT allowed to communicate outside of the thread by any means. No PMing eachother, no communicating in external docs, all talking occurs inside this thread. You can talk outside of answering the questions, but it must all be contained in this thread while Tribal Council is going on.

As is tradition with Tribal Council, we have some questions, submitted by players not attending tonight and from those in the viewer's vista. You must answer the questions asked to you in this thread before you're allowed to cast a vote. I will open voting when everyone has answered their questions. Failure to cast a vote by the deadline (1:00 AM Tonight) will result in a vote cast for yourself.

QUESTIONS FOR TONIGHT'S TRIBAL COUNCIL:

Fast Luck, you've been on a bit of an immunity run. But even if you win the next Challenge and guarantee yourself a spot in the final three, will it be enough to win by just "being there?" What's the sub-game here?

IcePhoenix, we're near the end of the game here, with only two more people left to be voted out. How hard is it to pare down the numbers to an ideal Final Three, and how tough is it to manifest these plans with the possibility of "the wrong person" winning immunity having a chance to occur, as it seems to have happened this time?

Winson_Paine, you're someone who has never had their name written down. But what preparations do you make, what things can you point to and justify, to convince the jury to write your name down at the end?

Majuju, another Durf is going home. There's no way around this. The alliance that was thought to be unbreakable is falling apart each day, and it will fall apart again before the final three. This is an individual game, not even a question. Do you look at your past game with some regret? Or do you feel that things aren't over for your own game?

Propaganda Machine, prior questions seemed to attack your social game. But here you are, at the final five, something that's not easy to accomplish with "poor social play", especially considering how few votes have been cast in your direction. However, you've been a strong threat in the Immunity Challenges, coming very close a number of times, but never pulling off the big one. The question here is, what kind of mental toll does the game take on you? What drives you to keep going further? What motivates you to make decisions to advance in this?

for everyone

We're near the point where the game will leave your hands and go into that of the Jury's. Two more players will be joining the Jury before this game ends. You clearly have an idea who you want to sit on the Jury's bench down the line. My question to you is, do you have any question or statement you want to say to potential future jurors? Moves at this point could be $75 decisions. Think wisely.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council 13

IcePhoenix, we're near the end of the game here, with only two more people left to be voted out. How hard is it to pare down the numbers to an ideal Final Three, and how tough is it to manifest these plans with the possibility of "the wrong person" winning immunity having a chance to occur, as it seems to have happened this time?
Well, when the "wrong person" wins immunity then obviously you can't manifest those plans, because the only time the wrong person wins is when they were who you wanted to vote out next. As far as how it affects your plans, it just moves the timetable up one. If you're in control, then the only way for your plans to truly be devastated would be for the wrong person to win the final immunity. Which, being fair, is very close to happening.

quote:

We're near the point where the game will leave your hands and go into that of the Jury's. Two more players will be joining the Jury before this game ends. You clearly have an idea who you want to sit on the Jury's bench down the line. My question to you is, do you have any question or statement you want to say to potential future jurors? Moves at this point could be $75 decisions. Think wisely.

I'd rather not get ahead of myself. Anything I could say to them now I can say to them at final tribal. Right now my focus is on just being able to speak with them, and I still have to survive two more tribals to do that.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

John Cena posted:

Majuju, another Durf is going home. There's no way around this. The alliance that was thought to be unbreakable is falling apart each day, and it will fall apart again before the final three. This is an individual game, not even a question. Do you look at your past game with some regret? Or do you feel that things aren't over for your own game?

No regrets whatsoever. Whether the Durfs went from Durf 6 to Durf 3, or Durf 5+1 to Durf 2+1, every member of the alliance was aware that this sequence of events would eventually have to play out. We positioned ourselves accordingly, and the things I've done as part of the past game were made consciously and (for what I believe) good reasons. I'm still here, so at present, they clearly were, but there are still three votes remaining, so I might get bitten in the rear end before then. If that ends up happening to me, well, I clearly earned the ire of enough people to get myself voted out, but there's no shame in that, and there's no shame in people coming together to send me off the island.

I've done my best to put things down the path I'm hoping for for this vote, and fingers crossed I get to see the outcome I want. Things definitely aren't over for my game!

quote:

Fast Luck: you are in a terribly unenviable position, man, and you are doing a hell of a job to make sure you stay in the game. While it's definitely soured the Durf best-laid plans, from an objective point of view it's rad that you're pulling it off. So, fuckin' well done to you.

Durfs: ilu all <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

John Cena posted:

Tribal Council 13

Propaganda Machine, prior questions seemed to attack your social game. But here you are, at the final five, something that's not easy to accomplish with "poor social play", especially considering how few votes have been cast in your direction. However, you've been a strong threat in the Immunity Challenges, coming very close a number of times, but never pulling off the big one. The question here is, what kind of mental toll does the game take on you?

It's no secret to the goons of the vista and the people with whom I've spoken more personally that this game has taken my mind and emotions and pulverized them into unrecognizable mush. I've cried over this poo poo. I've loving cried over this, and I'm not generally a very emotional person at all. It just speaks to the caliber of the other players here that their games have kept me worried and on my toes, and that they are such awesome, amazing people that I've ended up actually caring about them, despite my best intentions.

quote:

What drives you to keep going further? What motivates you to make decisions to advance in this?

I'm not sure why, but people have been incredibly supportive. Even when it's seemed like I'm the stinkiest goat of them all, and even when my back has been to the corner faced with impossible situations, there's always a move to make, and I've been extremely lucky to have friends to make those moves with.

quote:

for everyone

Potential future jurors?

Dear cast of Awful Survivor 6: Please do not, I repeat, DO NOT play this game. It is a horrible life choice.

• Locked thread