Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Sire Oblivion posted:

I wonder what custom moves Samus will have, because god drat I'm love to switch up her beam to others from the series. Gimme the Plasma Beam drat it.

Samus is a special case, you need to play single player and let Adam tell you what custom moves you're allowed to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I feel depressed watching this match. Seeing the world's best Falcon... playing Fox. The meme is slowly becoming the reality.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Wind God Sety posted:

Can we as a thread try to go a week without bringing up how Waluigi should have been in/never had a chance?

uhhh/.. PLEASE leave the thread

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Oh Christ, he's STILL wearing that stupid scarf!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Any Smash commentators that replace either Prog or D1 can :getout:

Hopefully Chris is better than Scar, though, because Scar was just insufferable.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Scarf guy getting wrecked on MLG.tv

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Oh Christ, he's STILL wearing that stupid scarf!
The scarf is important to him. He mentioned it in his blog post. Chill out.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's still ugly and terrible. It's 100+ degrees in California. Significant or not, he has no place wearing that dumb thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

only business casual is appropriate for professional smash brothers.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Stop being mean to scarfbro

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
Jesus H. Christ, The scarf is fine. A thread full of people who admit to being lardasses walking around in video game themed shirts is surprisingly bitchy about some other fat weirdo's fashion choice (which isn't even a fashion choice, he's wearing it for sentimental reasons). It's not like he's wearing a bishop hat or a pony mask or a pair of fairy wings or something. Give it a rest already.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Bottom Liner posted:

It's still ugly and terrible. It's 100+ degrees in California. Significant or not, he has no place wearing that dumb thing.

I'm not sure where you are from, but it's socially acceptable to wear scarfs for an aesthetic purpose only, regardless of weather. Granted I don't think he's exactly rockin his scarf or anything, but it's really not something to get upset about since he clearly likes it.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hate the scarf, not the man

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

I really wanted Young Link vs Ness. :(

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Fhate posted:

Jesus H. Christ, The scarf is fine. A thread full of people who admit to being lardasses walking around in video game themed shirts is surprisingly bitchy about some other fat weirdo's fashion choice (which isn't even a fashion choice, he's wearing it for sentimental reasons). It's not like he's wearing a bishop hat or a pony mask or a pair of fairy wings or something. Give it a rest already.

Tip your fedora to him! Scarf is cool, and Mewtwoking is a well adjusted, social butterfly.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Bottom Liner posted:

Tip your fedora to him! Scarf is cool, and Mewtwoking is a well adjusted, social butterfly.

Maybe you should wear a scarf yourself. Hide some o' them cheeto stains on your size XXL Horde emblem shirt.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
In our glorious summer, gamers will be hung from each lamppost by their scarves.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Speaking of Pony masks....

Never mind that, Yoshi!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like, I have an old ratty t-shirt I still have that was made for me for participating in a high school drama festival. I wear it for pajamas and while I'm doing laundry but I understand that it probably shouldn't be worn to represent my high school or my state because it is ugly and old and frequently not appropriate for the weather.

It's kind of sweet that he's choosing to honor his mom but also sort of adolescent IMO.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

It's kind of sweet that he's choosing to honor his mom but also sort of adolescent IMO.
Dude, he's going to a video game tourney. If he was going to meet the president I'd agree but he's playing loving Smash Brothers. So long as he has clothes on and doesn't break a Samba de Amigo machine I don't care what he wears.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fhate posted:

The Smash mindset pervades all aspects of life

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Fhate posted:

Maybe you should wear a scarf yourself. Hide some o' them cheeto stains on your size XXL Horde emblem shirt.

Maybe I will. It will fit my triathlon gear pretty well.

Real talk; the scarf is a notorious accessory that makes him easily identifiable at this point, getting mad that people call him scarf guy is kinda dumb. Trying to defend the scarf as anything other than hideous is also dumb. He is the scarf at this point.

Bottom Liner fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 21, 2014

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bicyclops posted:

Like, I have an old ratty t-shirt I still have that was made for me for participating in a high school drama festival. I wear it for pajamas and while I'm doing laundry but I understand that it probably shouldn't be worn to represent my high school or my state because it is ugly and old and frequently not appropriate for the weather.

Jesus Christ

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Endorph posted:

Dude, he's going to a video game tourney. If he was going to meet the president I'd agree but he's playing loving Smash Brothers. So long as he has clothes on and doesn't break a Samba de Amigo machine I don't care what he wears.

I guess that's fair.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Westballz plays a sick Yoshi

THE FIRE BURN!!!!

wait is amsa yoshi?

VVV ah yea

bef fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 21, 2014

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

bef posted:

Westballz plays a sick Yoshi

THE FIRE BURN!!!!

Unless that was the burn I think you mean aMSa.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Maybe I will. It will fit my triathlon gear pretty well.

Real talk; the scarf is a notorious accessory that makes him easily identifiable at this point, getting mad that people call him scarf guy is kinda dumb. Trying to defend the scarf as anything other than hideous is also dumb. He is the scarf at this point.

Why do you care so much about what the competitors wear?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

fadam posted:

I don't think anyone cares deeply so much as it's kind of funny, like if you were to see a person proudly wearing a monocle or big red clown shoes or socks with sandals.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some weird sponsors for this Smash Brothers tournament. Home mortgages? Hair products?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Bicyclops posted:

I don't think anyone cares deeply so much as it's kind of funny, like if you were to see a person proudly wearing a monocle or big red clown shoes or socks with sandals.

I'm pretty sure more than half the people in this thread do the last one.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

Endorph posted:

Some weird sponsors for this Smash Brothers tournament. Home mortgages? Hair products?

Not sure what I just watched. Apparently TNT is premiering an 8-bit action hero drama?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I actively watch tournaments for a game I played in my childhood

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

F. Lobot posted:

Not sure what I just watched. Apparently TNT is premiering an 8-bit action hero drama?
Nah, it's a normal sci-fi show, they just chose to make the ad like that because... I guess to fit in with the MLG thing?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Wait... they're showing the Smash Brothers tournament on actual TV on not like on some internet channel?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Wait... they're showing the Smash Brothers tournament on actual TV on not like on some internet channel?
No, the stream just has ads.

MLG used to have an actual TV timeslot though, and it did have a Smash thing going. This was back in like 2006 though.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Bicyclops posted:

Nah, it's still an internet stream. MLG's just big enough that it apparently gets ads from TNT shows I've never heard of instead of niche nerd stuff like fightsticks or video game t-shirts.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

bef posted:

I actively watch tournaments for a game I played in my childhood

Hell yeah. HELL yeah!!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Rita Repulsa posted:

How would one vary kirby's b move I wonder

That post has me wondering, will Kirby copy modified b moves or just the default ones?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Countblanc posted:

Hell yeah. HELL yeah!!

:hf:

praise be to Sakurai-san and his grateful folllowers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

fadam posted:

I don't, I just used the term "scarfguy" to talk about who was playing, because as I said, that's what people know him as.

• Locked thread