Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

GorfZaplen posted:

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Look at that sketchy Emmy Lou and friend in the back there. I love the art in this comic.
I'm imagining Heathcliffe is on his way to a lake to try and drown his brood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

It took me more than a few moments to realize that the person on the left wasn't a woman.

I'm a guy with long hair, I shouldn't be so bad at this.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
University University

Do we like? I don't want to scan this whole book if no one's interested.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Cul-de-sac

True! here's evidence of the poor creatures:

The Creeps

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I greatly appreciate that Fat Creep's taped-on fingers are going to stay in canon and occasionally fall off.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I like that they're apparently sort of functional-ish, somehow.

Fred Basset

Thatababy

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ham Shears understands retail better than Retail.

"You have to do what I say! I control 51% of the company stock!"

The Dinette Set

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

I greatly appreciate that Fat Creep's taped-on fingers are going to stay in canon and occasionally fall off.

Weirdly, he doesn't have tape on his hand in the final panel and all of his fingers are in place. Who knew floor-cereal had such fantastic healing properties? :v:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Wanamingo posted:

Dick Tracy

Re: the crimestoppers panel: how would you notice that someone was lingering after many buses go by unless you were also lingering? Shouldn't you be on a bus by then, Mr So-Called FBI? That's some Inspector Danger level bullshit right there.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wherein I question the decisions of Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Okay, colourist. I don't expect you to know exactly what a great horned owl looks like, that's pretty specific. I do expect you to have a general idea of what colour an owl is.

Ballard Street

There aren't a lot of really good car race movies. You've got, what, Cannonball Run, Days of Thunder, maybe the first Fast and the Furious? I guess you could throw Cars in there, can't go wrong with Pixar. Not Cars 2 though.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Yeahbut... you were the one who handcuffed her to the bed, Dorothy, so Jane didn't really have a say in it, now did she?

Non Sequitur

:ughh: God, Wiley, you're, like, batting .000 this week. Bleh.

Heavenly Nostrils

I am totally going to use that word from now on, Phoebe, nice job. :v:

Kliban

:stare: It'd be interesting to see how he would've drawn a "Playboy version" of this... :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 6/20/2003

What? What the gently caress does that even mean, Brooke?

Zits

No, actually the lawn would be too motivated in this case. :v:

Kevin & Kell

Yep, another :ughh:

Ah, "Ted Forth Syndrome". :v: Yes, I like this Nemi a lot. Just look at her in the last panel. And yeah, it's blurry, but that's the way it was on Metro's site.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

RandomFerret posted:

There aren't a lot of really good car race movies. You've got, what, Cannonball Run, Days of Thunder, maybe the first Fast and the Furious? I guess you could throw Cars in there, can't go wrong with Pixar. Not Cars 2 though.

But it's not "car race" movies he's after, it's "race car" movies! Who cares if it's being used to escape the cops in a diamond heist, it was made with speed in mind, baby!

Also the dude is dual wielding his remotes. He's an ace.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Howard the Duck

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RandomFerret posted:

There's the original Herbie series too.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fok_It

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I like these. I didn't think I would, but I do. It has an absurdity to it like Judge Dredd before The Apocalypse hit.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Howard took a bit to grow on me, but it feels like it's hit its stride now.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Beerdeer posted:

I love Frank Cho art, so I vote to keep them coming.

Cow and Boy

Sherman's Lagoon

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Beerdeer posted:

University University

Not really liking it yet, but I am finding it interesting as a piece of comics history.

Bloom County

Retching, rather.

No comment.

Calvin and Hobbes

DOGG

Counterpoint:

Ripley's

e:

RandomFerret posted:

Look at you, acting like Death Race 2000 doesn't exist.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Do you remember Pluggers? Because I do.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Darthemed posted:

Look at you, acting like Death Race 2000 doesn't exist.

Look at both of you, pretending that Riding With Death isn't a thing.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Look at both of you, pretending that Riding With Death isn't a thing.

You turkeys forget about The Gumball Rally?

Also, I was mildly annoyed by Guy Gilchrist's glurge up to this point (be warned: there will be a Jerry Goffin tribute in the works -- I hope it's a salute to 'He Hit Me, and it felt Like a Kiss') and in seeing what he's done to Nancy (I had a lot of the Ernie Bushmiller-flavoured Nancy comics as a kid), but as someone who has written quite a bit on Eldridge Johnson, Victor, and Nipper, I am now really annoyed with that hack. :argh:

Ms Boods fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jun 20, 2014

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Julet Esqu posted:

Before I post these here comics, I guess I should mention I'm going out of town and won't be back until Wednesday or Thursday. I won't be posting comics while I'm gone and I probably won't feel like doing a catch-up post when I get back either. If there's anything I post that you happen to like and think the thread should keep up on, please feel free to post it! I generally post the vintage comics below, as well as Luann, Apartment 3G, Pros & Cons, Newspaper Spider-Man and Prince Valiant on Sundays. All this stuff except Luann can be found on the Comics Kingdom website. Ok! Comics time!
Will you start again where you left off with the classics? I don't want to lose where we are in Classic Phantom. I would post it until you're back, but I don't know where you are with it.

F Minus

Mary Worth

No, the angel said to stay away from the pool. Don't you listen?

Rex Morgan MD

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

RandomFerret posted:

Wherein I question the decisions of Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

Okay, colourist. I don't expect you to know exactly what a great horned owl looks like, that's pretty specific. I do expect you to have a general idea of what colour an owl is.

Poncho made the costume himself, and he, like all dogs, is colorblind.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Simian_Prime posted:

Poncho made the costume himself, and he, like all dogs, is colorblind.

I'm willing to bet that he tore up one or more houseplants to get that outfit.

cultureulterior
Jan 27, 2004

RandomFerret posted:

The Great Race (1965)?

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Grand Prix?

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Rush?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

:eyepop:

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh my God, the plot points are starting to come together. The narrative flow is making sense. I think I understand Zachary Nixon Johnson.

I'm scared, guys.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

RandomFerret posted:

Oh my God, the plot points are starting to come together. The narrative flow is making sense. I think I understand Zachary Nixon Johnson.

I'm scared, guys.

I think this is a legit interesting plot twist and I'm actually curious to see how it plays out. It's not enough to make up for the last several months of awful pacing ruining what otherwise could have been a perfectly good plot, but hey, this is the best it's been since it first started being posted.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

Jonathan York? That means "No Story No Room" is next! Eee! :neckbeard:

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Allen Wren posted:

Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Is it just me, or have several of these been interesting anecdotes that don't really involve rock 'n' roll?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Okay everyone, there's going to be a lot of plot threads whipping around loose, so please wear eye protection.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

RandomFerret posted:

I'm scared, guys.

It's like System Shock, if SHODAN* were a 30' twink in hot pants.

*dare I call him BRODAN?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

gleebster posted:

Is it just me, or have several of these been interesting anecdotes that don't really involve rock 'n' roll?
Rock and roll is a state of mind.
But yeah, it does feel like the new incarnation of Jim's Journal rather regularly. Not objecting in any sense, but I'm just waiting for the first strip about a severe fight breaking out at a punk show, for example. Something with a bit more visceral fire to it, as most of the strips so far have felt like the comic strip equivalent of shoegaze.

e: vv Yeah, something more along those lines, at least recognizing violence as a rock element.

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 21, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

RandomFerret posted:

I'm scared, guys.
If it helps you feel better about your mental state, I pieced it together like a month ago and have been patiently waiting to get to the next step of this loving iceberg of a story.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Darthemed posted:

Rock and roll is a state of mind.
But yeah, it does feel like the new incarnation of Jim's Journal rather regularly. Not objecting in any sense, but I'm just waiting for the first strip about a severe fight breaking out at a punk show, for example. Something with a bit more visceral fire to it, as most of the strips so far have felt like the comic strip equivalent of shoegaze.

This, basically. I hate to let you down, though, they're not really about aggression and violence. But since I haven't posted one today, here's one that's a little heavier, no pun intended...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
When they're about rock and roll, they're pretty good, but a lot of them do seem like drug stories run amok.

Geech wants it longer in back, and thicker on top.

• Locked thread