Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah, if it's just Daniel Way's stuff, I'd skip it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Rirse posted:

Pretty safe to say it a good idea to avoid the Deadpool sale judging by the Deadpool thread's OP.
Here, let me save you the trouble and link you the only three pages worth reading in that run:
http://scans-daily.dreamwidth.org/633026.html

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

The Deadpool/Bullseye fight in #10, 11 and 12 is the greatest thing ever :colbert:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I was just coming to urge everyone to get the Deadpool bundle, I love it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Anime_Otaku posted:

I was just coming to urge everyone to get the Deadpool bundle, I love it.
Idea-wise, Way's run was really interesting and fun. Execution wise, it sucked and I hate Way's writing and his introduction of a third loving internal monologue, it was just grating as hell.

"Haha the editor is talking to him in the comic so funny!!!" it wears off really fast.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Flameingblack posted:

Idea-wise, Way's run was really interesting and fun. Execution wise, it sucked and I hate Way's writing and his introduction of a third loving internal monologue, it was just grating as hell.

"Haha the editor is talking to him in the comic so funny!!!" it wears off really fast.

That got retconned. It's not an editor, it's someone else. Explained in an annual in the new series, in a vaguely amusing way.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Warren Ellis' Trees is free on Comixology or through the apparently new Image app.

Any info on the latter? Still has IAP at least.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rachel Rising sale.
https://www.comixology.com/Rachel-Rising-Sale/page/2345
How is it?

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

It's one of my favorites. Maybe read the first issue or two to see if it's your cup of tea?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Rachel Rising is soooooo gooooood. The first new horror comic I've found genuinely frightening in I don't even know how long.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Dynamite has a massive Humble Bundle up. Also on that page they are giving away one preview book per day for free in PDF format (today's is Red Sonja #1).
https://www.humblebundle.com/books?dynamite_bundle

Does Dynamite sell their books in PDF format on their website?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New Avengers vol.1 sale w/ bundle https://www.comixology.com/New-Avengers-Sale/page/2493

Elephantmen sale https://www.comixology.com/Elephantmen-Sale/page/2464

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

How is elephant men?

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

Amazon has Dragon Ball Volume 1 for $1.99 as part of the Kindle Deal of the Day, and it looks like Comixology is matching that price. Hopefully this will be the case going forward for all Kindle sales, as I greatly prefer Comixology's format over Kindle's.

Also, regarding Elephantmen, I picked up a ton of collections the last time it was on sale, and got bored and disinterested in it pretty quickly and haven't come close to finishing up what I bought. It seems really uneven to me, the story and timeline jumps around alot-some of them I found quite gripping (which is why I bought so many last time, I quite liked the first issue that I read), but others I was thoroughly underwhelmed by.
Obviously taste is subjective, and I'll readily admit that I haven't read enough of it to give a truly informed opinion on it, but I'd say proceed with caution.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

unl33t posted:

Amazon has Dragon Ball Volume 1 for $1.99 as part of the Kindle Deal of the Day, and it looks like Comixology is matching that price. Hopefully this will be the case going forward for all Kindle sales, as I greatly prefer Comixology's format over Kindle's.

I'd love to buy this but Comixology is saying it's $6.99 when I add it to my cart. So there's a thing.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Aw, man, Saga went digital the same day as it went print, but no Rat Queens? Bummer.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

ovaries posted:

I'd love to buy this but Comixology is saying it's $6.99 when I add it to my cart. So there's a thing.

It must be website only. The odd thing is the prices across the board seem to be higher on the app then on the website-they're $6.99 on the app, but volumes 1-10 (with the exception of volume 2) are $4.99 on the website.

ovaries
Nov 20, 2004

I was trying to buy it through the website. It's a weird error -- it's listed as $6.99 in my cart but the normal price on its store page is listed as $4.99.

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

ovaries posted:

I was trying to buy it through the website. It's a weird error -- it's listed as $6.99 in my cart but the normal price on its store page is listed as $4.99.

Oh, that is odd. I would try emailing support and check back later.

There was an issue a couple weeks ago where a Warren Ellis collection had a bundle that didn't include an issue that was included in the description, I emailed support with the issue and never received a reply outside of the initial "We received your message", but the issue was added to the bundle later in the day.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Phylodox posted:

Aw, man, Saga went digital the same day as it went print, but no Rat Queens? Bummer.

Rat Queens issue was delayed, I believe :(

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
My wife and I are interested in hopping on Marvel Unlimited for a few months to binge. Are there any promos going on right now, or might there be another one this SDCC like they did at SXSW?

mango sentinel fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 29, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

My wife and I are interested in hopping on Marvel Unlimited for a few months to binge. Are there any promos going on right now, or might there be another one this SDCC like they did at SXSW?

I don't think that they do deals like that very often but it is only ~$10 a month if you do it monthly.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I just went ahead and bit the bullet since I want to read basically everything Guardians from 2008 to six months ago (also Captain Marvel.) So I figure a month or two of this is cheaper than billions of trades. The selection outside of recent stuff is weird and spotty as I had been warned. The biggest downside though is the reader being a wet turd. The current version has a stupid overlay from the late 90s and a few weird control issues. The beta version has a cleaner UI but I can't figure out how to zoom on the page, click and drag doesn't work. Like they removed functionality from the old Reader. Why they can't just do their best to copy CDisplay functionality is beyond me.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's a lot better on a tablet if you've got one of those.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Comixology's week long sale is Nightwing. Never read any Nightwing myself so can't say what is good or not.
On Sale:
1995 series
1996-2009 series
2011-2014 series
There's also some individual issues and (presumably) arcs too from Action Comic, Birds of Prey and others.
All issues appear to be at the 69p/99c price.

Anime_Otaku fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jul 1, 2014

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Anime_Otaku posted:

Comixology's week long sale is Nightwing. Never read any Nightwing myself so can't say what is good or not.
On Sale:
1995 series
1996-2009 series
2011-2014 series
There's also some individual issues and (presumably) arcs too from Action Comic, Birds of Prey and others.

It includes the Judas Contract and that is pretty good. However, it looses some of its punch if you never read the previous issues.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.
Comixology sent out a survey today, and a fairly significant component was asking about which Amazon features people would like seeing integrated into the buying/reading experience, including Amazon sign-in and payments, one-click purchasing, applicability of Amazon gift cards, X-Ray, Matchbook, and a few more.

So, it looks like they're thinking of implementing some of these which - depending on how tied into Amazon's ecosystem you are - could be a real boon.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Does it usually take a while for Fantagraphics to get their stuff up digitally? I really wanna get Cosplayers #2 so I can post panels but it isn't up yet.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Subscribe and save :swoon:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
...what the gently caress are X-Ray and Matchbook? I'm clearly properly exploiting this half-price Prime sub.

Jale
Nov 6, 2005

404GoonNotFound posted:

...what the gently caress are X-Ray and Matchbook? I'm clearly properly exploiting this half-price Prime sub.

X-Ray gives you all the instances of a character, location, etc. in a book. It also gives you encyclopedia entries and summaries for real and fictional stuff.

Matchbook gives you a discount on the digital version of physical books you bought through Amazon.

Jale fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 3, 2014

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
Given that I've purchased hundreds of trades in various formats on Amazon.com, matchbook could be amazing.
I'd probably get hosed over cross-region stuff though, since I'm in Europe.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.comixology.com/Captain-America-Sale/page/2555

The first 15 issues of the current Captain America series are on sale.
I'd recommend 1-10. The book hasn't been great since, but the Dimension Z stuff was fantastic.

Also, the 2002 series, but I can't speak to that.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe
https://www.comixology.com/Monkeybrain-Independents-Sale/page/2559

Monkeybrain comics are 50% off right now with the promo code "INDIE".

Has anyone read Red Light Properties? It looks interesting, but I can't picture how it could sustain a whole series.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Everyone should be reading Bandette and possibly Copernicus Jones. This is not up for debate.

PelvicNerve
May 29, 2003

That'll be the day.
I have fond memories of the first few Cassaday issues of the 2002 Cap series. Does anyone know how the rest of that volume is?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Yeah. Everyone buy Bandette.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Street Angel in on there, too!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Oh man. I took some time looking into what Monkeybrain comics to get and by the time I bought a pile, I forgot to include the discount code.
Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Suicide Squad sale.
https://www.comixology.com/Suicide-Squad-Sale/page/2568

'87, '01, '07 and N52.

Remember the Ales Kot issues when you're filling your cart with Ostrander.

e: The original series is only on sale up to #50 for some reason, and no specials or annuals.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jul 8, 2014