Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@FrontRowBrian 1m
Also rumored for #Metamoris4 is @JoshLBarnett vs Dean Lister and @BensonHenderson vs @krongracie August 9 in LA

this sounds cool imo

quote:

@FrontRowBrian 7m
Rumor: Chael Sonnen will face Andre Galvao at #Metamoris4 August 9 in Los Angeles. Quite a size difference.

okay if literally any of these happen metamoris 4 will be cool as heck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I'd pay money to watch Chael get submitted by Galvao.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kit Dale is apparently going to be competing too, not sure against who yet though.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Why in the world would Chael take that fight

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Opal posted:

He's already bored in retirement.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

1st AD posted:

Same, or by like anyone at all.

Do commissions not care about these kind of competitions? Are they even sanctioned? I only follow grappling stuff on a casual level.

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Same, or by like anyone at all.

Do commissions not care about these kind of competitions? Are they even sanctioned? I only follow grappling stuff on a casual level.

There's no striking involved so it really doesn't fall under their jurisdiction from my understanding.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

1st AD posted:

You got your wish

quote:

‏@FrontRowBrian 5h
To follow up on the Chael Sonnen vs Andre Galvao #Metamoris4 rumor I posted last night. That is now confirmed. Will be main event. Aug 9 LA

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

That's a great get for Metamoris. I'm sure Chael knows he's outclassed, but he's doing it to bring name recognition and a (hopefully large) new group of viewers to Metamoris.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Opal posted:

Maybe just because it's fun?

IT BEGINS
Jan 15, 2009

I don't know how to make analogies
Please let this not be Shaub vs. Cyborg again.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

IT BEGINS posted:

Chael has subbed many people and has been subbed by many people, so I'm sure he's not afraid to engage in a jiu jitsu match unlike Brendan "I Just Beat Andrei Arlovski!!!" Schaub

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Chael is a highly decorated wrestler and according to Vinny Magalhaes has an amazing ground game. I mean, we may laugh at all of the times he's been triangled, but he isn't exactly a schlub.

Chael v. Galvao, though. That's not a match I know he can win.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

IT BEGINS posted:

Chael takes risks and is willing to engage, I don't see that happening. The uh Bendo match if that happens is a different story.

Opal posted:

It's not like he has any fights to train for and you know $$

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Plus I don't think Metamoris test.

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

Metamorphosis

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

fatherdog posted:

That was the very first thing I thought of when I saw Chael Sonnen and Josh Barnett willing to do this out of competition from UFC

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013

fatherdog posted:

Does any high level BJJ tournament test for PEDs?

district of thizz
May 9, 2006

How do, jerry bus.

Carborundum posted:

Either this year or last year
IBBJF announced they would test for an upcoming tournament. I don't recall details.

Edit:
Looks like they started with pan ams last year: http://www.graciemag.com/2013/01/drug-testing-makes-its-way-to-jiu-jitsu-competition/

district of thizz fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jun 19, 2014

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013
Just want a venue to watch roided up monsters heel hook each other :black101: Paul Harris

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Carborundum posted:

The Pans last year did. It's still uncommon.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

fatherdog posted:

The Pans last year did. It's still uncommon.

It was great because as soon as they announced testing a bunch of guys dropped out.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Certainly PED use is rare in BJJ competitions.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Certainly PED use is rare in BJJ competitions.

As I think I said somewhere before, Gabi's almost certainly on something, but she'd be enormous even if she wasn't. Steroids aren't what made her 6'5".

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fatherdog posted:

As I think I said somewhere before, Gabi's almost certainly on something, but she'd be enormous even if she wasn't. Steroids aren't what made her 6'5".

One of my best friends in the world is a 6'3" tall woman. Another is 6'1". That doesn't give you the muscles Gabi has. Also, Gabi has failed PED tests in the past. She's juicing just as much as Chyna.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
I wonder if metamoris is on the list of other promotions and combat sports Dana was talking about trying to get on fight pass... that was my first thought upon hearing all these big name UFC guys rumored on the next one. And Chael headlining!

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

Metamoris would be a perfect fit for Fight Pass so I hope so. Especially if they can keep landing the big UFC names and mix them with all the big BJJ names you hear Rogan talking about all the time but have no idea who the gently caress they are unless you're an enthusiast. As much as I enjoy MMA it would be hard to pass up seeing guys like Benson and Barnett grapple in a jiu jitsu match every month instead of the Nate Marquardt vs James TeHuna type MMA headliners. It would benefit both camps so much they would be dumb not to work out a deal.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
This is really cool and I hope this gets them some good publicity, Eddie/Gracie 2 was a loving blast to watch.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Eddie/Gracie 2 was a loving blast to watch.

Truth. The first time he flipped him over into the electric chair or whatever the gently caress that they were calling I went nuts. That alone would cause most men to tap.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

Mr. Nice! posted:

Truth. The first time he flipped him over into the electric chair or whatever the gently caress that they were calling I went nuts. That alone would cause most men to tap.

That match was siiiiick. Bravo's game is insane to behold.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I didn't give a gently caress until Chael was on board. Now I want to know err'thang.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Captain Log posted:

I didn't give a gently caress until Chael was on board. Now I want to know err'thang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCrZfkVA-YA

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Also check out the Rogan podcast where he and Bravo discuss the match.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Clicked expecting Roidtech...kinda sad...

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
the dude chael is facing is the same dude that break danced all over his opponent for funsies one time right?

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Pwny_Xpress posted:

the dude chael is facing is the same dude that break danced all over his opponent for funsies one time right?

Yes. He also trains with Anderson.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Pwny_Xpress posted:

He's also the only dude who didn't get his leg annihilated by Palhares last ADCC despite getting ragdolled like a literal child

Galvao owns

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Can Chael win by doing eight hundred double legs while yelling AMERICA or something?

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Captain Log posted:

Can Chael win by doing eight hundred double legs while yelling AMERICA or something?

Metamoris doesn't have points so he wouldn't get any credit for takedowns. The only way he can win is by tapping Galvao out which is obviously pretty unlikely. But actually grappling with Galvao and not getting submitted would still be pretty impressive. It's not entirely without precedent, Randy had a sub grappling match with Jacare a while ago and managed to draw with him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die

colonel_korn posted:

Metamoris doesn't have points so he wouldn't get any credit for takedowns. The only way he can win is by tapping Galvao out which is obviously pretty unlikely. But actually grappling with Galvao and not getting submitted would still be pretty impressive. It's not entirely without precedent, Randy had a sub grappling match with Jacare a while ago and managed to draw with him.

This is like Chael's way of vindicating himself for all those sloppy submission losses. In theory.