Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Paddyb posted:

lol errybody sad about fucktard iran

argentina poo poo up the pitch for 90 minutes, of course no one wanted them to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

beer_war posted:

He had a pretty quiet game until that goal tbh.

you can have as quiet a game as you want as long as you score the winning goal in the 91st minute imo

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Bogan Krkic posted:

yeah iran should have def tried to outplay argentina ffs

The thing is, they did

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

dkj posted:

How so? Iran has sat back and played negatively all game. gently caress them.

Good to see teams who park the bus lose late (except us).

They defended really well, playing negatively is ok actually if you are far, far the underdog, its teams like italy and greece who are clearly capable but just want to play negatively that people tend to have a problem with because they can play better, iran probably cant.

radlum
May 13, 2013

Lowtechs posted:

Jesus > Allah

I just remembered the Pope is Argentinian; well, I guess I'll have to become Catholic

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
So where's that bar with the free queso?

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Iran were sick, Messi is a twat, gently caress argentina.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Infidel Ref

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
shows how good this world cup is when a 1-0 defense vs attack game is as good as that. gently caress.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

people here were like "oof argies in the quarters if we get there" and now i feel like this isn't such a bad deal???

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Lol I'm on the subway and literally cursed out loud when I saw on the ticker that the aspie manlet had scored. For absolute fucks sake

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Are any of the South American teams actually good?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Bland posted:

The thing is, they did

on the counter yeah but i hardly think they would have had a better chance had they gone out guns blazing

Fiskiggy
Feb 15, 2005

You have impressed FFCiv with your turn time!
They turn a blind eye to the turn times of other civilizations, and your Influence over them has increased by 40.

belgend posted:

people here were like "oof argies in the quarters if we get there" and now i feel like this isn't such a bad deal???

Why would they say that? Argentina never makes it past the quarters.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
jesus.

Iran definitely made an effort to stop them and it worked for almost the whole match.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Painkiller posted:

shows how good this world cup is when a 1-0 defense vs attack game is as good as that. gently caress.

those are some of the best games though, especially when the goal comes that late???

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
cucumbers

OrangeKing
Dec 5, 2002

They do play in October!

davecrazy posted:

What the gently caress is the point of subbing with literally a min left?

You might shorten the game by a few seconds, because while the officials are supposed to add that time back, they never really add it all back.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

dkj posted:

How so? Iran has sat back and played negatively all game. gently caress them.

Good to see teams who park the bus lose late (except us).

Maybe they had to? And in fact, didn't? IDiot?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

lol messi ftw

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Now local commentators bullshit that Argentina had the positive approach and Iran was doomed to fail for being so defensive. No, Argentina was really crap and should have done much better. Iran did really well for a minor team in a terrible group.

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty
I hate how loving around with (usually fake) injuries and subbing during stoppage time is so effective. Refs never add enough extra time on top for delays during stoppage. A good 1.5 to 2 minutes wasted during stoppage time in this game, but the ref only adds 30 seconds on top of the original 4 minutes. Same happened in the England game.

Not like Iran was going to get the ball back since Argentina no longer had to attack, but still.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Iran isn't out yet unless Nigeria win against B&H.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
I am very happy that Argentina won even though it was the despicable midget that put them through.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Off to the store for some guacamole fixins, chips. NE1 want anything?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
Iran will always have a place in my heart.

Iran played really well and Argentina sucked poo poo balls.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Painkiller posted:

i can agree with this that was real entertaining

although Iran shoulda won

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

joe hart is the biggest mong of all in that doritos ad imho

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Actually it is the West that is fail

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Mr. Mambold posted:

Off to the store for some guacamole fixins, chips. NE1 want anything?

CORNETTO

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Agrajag posted:

Iran will always have a place in my heart.

Get NSA'd b*tch

Boner Honkfarts
May 19, 2003

vyelkin posted:

cucumbers

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Well that was poo poo.

Carrier
May 12, 2009

emjayo posted:

joe hart is the biggest mong of all in that doritos ad imho

joe hart is.... you?>?????

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNq_9vwfSis

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

vyelkin posted:

cucumbers

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...

Bogan Krkic posted:

those are some of the best games though, especially when the goal comes that late???

what i mean is that this game was one of the best of those kinds of games. amazing defence + an incredible goal late on to break it. sometimes you get the goal on like 55 minutes and the rest of the half is just the better side passing it around until full time, those aren't much fun.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MrXmas posted:

I hate how loving around with (usually fake) injuries and subbing during stoppage time is so effective. Refs never add enough extra time on top for delays during stoppage. A good 1.5 to 2 minutes wasted during stoppage time in this game, but the ref only adds 30 seconds on top of the original 4 minutes. Same happened in the England game.

Not like Iran was going to get the ball back since Argentina no longer had to attack, but still.

That's probably because they want to match to end to receive their bribe money (for cheating) (during the match to let Argentina win).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
It doesn't matter how many Messi bombs get unleashed, they pale in significance to the trident programme, las malvinas son inglese :cool:

• Locked thread