Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Enigma89 posted:

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

arent you the idiot who thought there was a random negrito on ZDF?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Enigma89 posted:

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

You make a convincing arguement.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
Lol at Iran for trying so hard to prevent a goal only to let one through in stoppage time. It wasn't even a controversial goal either, just a good solid kick in the balls.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Sandwolf posted:

I think you'll find most people decided to support Barcelona because Messi plays for them - i.e. plastics

I also think you'll find Rippling Muscle Man CR7 is the best player in the world

he's so beautiful why does he have to play soccer perfectly too

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

davecrazy posted:

Stuff it Hitler lover.

Hitler will win this and you know it.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

ArfJason posted:

Btw, Iran's goalie was amazing almost every time. Major props to him.

Seems some of us forgot what Ochoa did already

Saoritficis posted:

German lineup is exactly the same as against Portugal. So yea, injury turns out to be not that bad.

Schweinsteiger to stay on bench again :drat:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
What's the best result for USA? Germany winning, right?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
'mon Ghana, you can do-

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

davecrazy posted:

Doesn't make any difference really, if US wins against portugal they are 2nd in group, if not, 3rd.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

davecrazy posted:

they didnt want this in 1945 haha

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Looks like Ghana changed their goalie from the first game to a guy who sits on the bench in south africa. Müller going to massacre them.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Kroos worked rather good and defied my expectation, so Schweinsteiger getting a bit longer to fully heal is cool.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

CBC just showed an awesome clip of Ghana singing and dancing to their locker room.
They were really good :)

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

with hitler watching over the players from heaven germany cant lose

Lowtechs
Jan 12, 2001
Grimey Drawer

Healbot posted:

Hitler will win this and you know it.

Hitler was Austrian not German. Thus he would not be very good at football and would lose even to the USA.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

davecrazy posted:

A draw but only slightly better than a win for Germany

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Enigma89 posted:

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UH4S9RQv5Os

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Tortilla Maker posted:

The only winner today:

lol this made me flinch, thanks

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Ghanas most popular players is from Germany and only plays for Ghana because he knew he would be to bad for Germany. But his brother who is much better plays for Germany.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Sandwolf posted:

imo he represents everything worse with modern football, the tiki-taka bullshit, he's riddled with all sorts of "performance-enhancing" poo poo, he's pretty much a surrogate Catalonian

From the wikipedia on tiki-taka: "Tiki-taka is associated with flair, creativity, and touch,[24] but can also be taken to a "slow, directionless extreme" that sacrifices effectiveness for aesthetics.[22]"

These attributes seem like they would make for a more interesting game - and certainly, I found Argentina's play to be entertaining.

As for the doping thing, Messi has GHD and internet sources seem to agree that he is no longer taking human growth hormone. Given that it was for a legitimate disease, I cannot personally hold it against him without further evidence.

Obviously this does not excuse the rest of Barca.

If I should take this discussion to the newbie thread, I would do so happily. However, that thread seems like a joke and i know enough about football that I don't feel quite at home there.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

DEUTSCHLAND

uber alles

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

tetsman posted:

arent you the idiot who thought there was a random negrito on ZDF?

Your knee jerk reaction was dumb. I was cracking that joke because of what they were doing on ESPN. I didn't see taht guy because I generally watch ZDF but my stream went to a different German channel.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Darth Windu posted:

From the wikipedia on tiki-taka: "Tiki-taka is associated with flair, creativity, and touch,[24] but can also be taken to a "slow, directionless extreme" that sacrifices effectiveness for aesthetics.[22]"

These attributes seem like they would make for a more interesting game - and certainly, I found Argentina's play to be entertaining.

As for the doping thing, Messi has GHD and internet sources seem to agree that he is no longer taking human growth hormone. Given that it was for a legitimate disease, I cannot personally hold it against him without further evidence.

If I should take this discussion to the newbie thread, I would do so happily. However, that thread seems like a joke and i know enough about football that I don't feel quite at home there.

if you know so much about football, you've seen either Spain or Barcelona play and know for a loving fact it does not make a more interesting game, and if you think Lionel "Pukes on the Pitch" Messi isn't still doped to hell, you're wrong

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

it's not a joke we take that thread very seriously, also this thread is the wrong place for a detailed discussion of tiki-taka or doping, take that to the spain thread or the death of tiki-taka thread

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Darth Windu posted:

tbp wrote a really good post in the newbie thread just recently, you should read it cos its good and cool

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

You should take it to the dedicated tiki taka thread in this forum op

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Darth Windu posted:

lol at this

lol

:laffo:

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Bogan Krkic posted:

they didnt want this in 1945 haha

only Hitler was able to kill Hitler so Germany still won op

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Somebody do a write up of Spain's new style for the 2014 world cup: lovely Kaka.

Swelter Discharge
Mar 21, 2013

look at that beautiful aryan crowd :swoon:

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

anybody see the hat on that one Ghanian fan?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhQwLeMcbRY

Lets go

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

davecrazy posted:

Somebody do a write up of Spain's new style for the 2014 world cup: lovely Kaka.

it's tic-tac-toe as the person who goes second: if the other team knows what they're doing, you literally cannot win

oilcheck my ass
Mar 8, 2006

Well, hello ladies.

Darth Windu posted:

fly away troll :rolleyes:

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Really? That's the best version you could find? You couldn't find one that was actually performed well?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

im doing a lol at someone thinking that argentina side just now were playing tiki taka and then saying they know loads about football

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I'm the guy in the mask... :ninja:

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
RACE WAR

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Saoritficis posted:

Really? That's the best version you could find? You couldn't find one that was actually performed well?

Just live versions :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Darth Windu posted:

l m a o

• Locked thread