Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Burkion posted:

So where in the world did this Kabuto dub come from and are there any other shows like it?

I think it came from the Phillipines. From what I can tell, Kiva and Decade also got the dub treatment, but I don't know if those episodes made it online.

e: Or maybe it was Singapore? I'm not 100% sure...

mikeycp fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jun 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

On the Sentai side of things there were also dubs made for Goranger (Which are pretty terrible actually, it's like they just had the episode play with the Japanese audio intact and just recorded people talking over it), JAKQ (Haven't found this one), and Bioman (Probably the most competently done of the 3. Aside from changing a lot of the names and some of the voice work leaving a lot to be desired it's a pretty faithful translation of the original.) Not sure if there were any others though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I believe it aired in Singapore.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
ToQGer Returns: everyone gets turned into a hand puppet.

Gotenks0053
Sep 2, 2011
Wizard in Dino Chare teaser? What da gently caress?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Coming this summer to Nickelodeon: The Hit Sequel to 2009's "Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight": "Kamen Rider: Donut Wizards".

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I would be down with that merely to see if they could possibly make it more dull than Wizard already was.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Didn't Saban also get the rights to Decade when they started work on Samurai and then proceeded to do nothing with it?

I kinda doubt they'll bring KR over but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Maybe their version of Wizard will be better? It'll likely end up being equally terrible but for different reasons (actually being bad instead of just uncompelling/boring).

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cernunnos posted:

Didn't Saban also get the rights to Decade when they started work on Samurai and then proceeded to do nothing with it?

I kinda doubt they'll bring KR over but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. Maybe their version of Wizard will be better? It'll likely end up being equally terrible but for different reasons (actually being bad instead of just uncompelling/boring).
The only registered a trademark for "Power Rider" or something, possibly in case they needed to adapt the Decade/Shinkenger crossover.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Outside of Taisen Z, how often did the Kyoryugers and Wizard interact?

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Dr Tran posted:

Outside of Taisen Z, how often did the Kyoryugers and Wizard interact?

Wizard appeared in the end credits of Kyoryuger once...I don't think they ever interacted besides that. Maybe in Showa vs. Heisei?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Haha oh my god. I know what they're doing. The gimmick for this season is "energems" right? Well what is Wizard's suit motif? They're gonna use his suit(s) for either some kind of mentor character or possibly an alien race that brought the gems to earth.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

That would be pretty amazing if they do.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpazmasterX posted:

Haha oh my god. I know what they're doing. The gimmick for this season is "energems" right? Well what is Wizard's suit motif? They're gonna use his suit(s) for either some kind of mentor character or possibly an alien race that brought the gems to earth.

At least it would be something original.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

SpazmasterX posted:

Hell yes

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

SpazmasterX posted:

To be a Dino Charge Ranger, you need crystals. So I created some for you, using science...

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Caphi posted:

To be a Dino Charge Ranger, you need crystals. So I created some for you, using science...

Science that I learned from Zordon! Anyway, let's never speak of that again.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
Jason David Frank confirmed as Masked Mentor Wizard

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
I'd say it can't be any worse than Wizard, but I know better by now.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I would legit watch Power Rider Energem starring Jason David Frank.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Darksaber posted:

Shabadoobie touch to SEIGHYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Darksaber posted:

I'd be more surprised if someone said they wouldn't give that a watch.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

I'd say it can't be any worse than Wizard, but I know better by now.

Well the character can't be any blander than Haruto

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Xelkelvos posted:

You say that, but watch as they manage to distill what personality he had and bringing it even further down.

What I'm saying is that he won't even eat donuts anymore.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Pyroi posted:

You say that, but watch as they manage to distill what personality he had and bringing it even further down.

What I'm saying is that he won't even eat donuts anymore.

Turning Wizard into a plot device is the only change I can easily imagine towards less personality, and at that point, they're no longer a thing that needs a personality and it becomes moot.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Xelkelvos posted:

You haven't seen much Power Rangers lately huh?

rocketbrah
Sep 24, 2003

it's peanut butter
⚡ MORPHIN' TIME ⚡

Darksaber posted:

Only if they brings back Steve Cardenas to play Beast.

R! O! C-K-Y! Ro-CKY!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Are you guys saying Tommy WON'T be the White Wizard? I mean, he does fit the bill of mentor that ends up being a huge jerk in real life.

usb teledildonics
Oct 10, 2009

those who came before me
Thanks for the OOO chat and episode guides. I had stalled right after the secondary rider but now I might like it more than Gaim. Is Wizard actively bad or just really boring? Would it be okay for a hatewatch?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

usb teledildonics posted:

Thanks for the OOO chat and episode guides. I had stalled right after the secondary rider but now I might like it more than Gaim. Is Wizard actively bad or just really boring? Would it be okay for a hatewatch?

It isn't interesting even for a hatewatch. It is just really, really, really loving boring.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.
ToQGer would have paired pretty well with Fourze.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

V-Men posted:

ToQGer would have paired pretty well with Fourze.

I think that would be too much friendship.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

usb teledildonics posted:

It's really loving boring. Beast is one of the better secondary riders but it isn't worth watching the whole series to see him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The quality of secondary riders seems to be completely independent of the quality of the rest of a given show.

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

you stupid bitch, fred flinstone's hee-home
A Kamen Rider Beast ala Ixa would be fairly watchable compared to Wizard. I remember skipping a good month or two of episodes to see the introduction of Beast and was thoroughly entertained until I remembered Haruto and crew were also around. Spent a while wondering where he got all these 'similar power but now a Dragon' rings too but never cared to go back and learn.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
He pulled them out of his rear end, if I remember correctly. What an awful show.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Cliff Racer posted:

He pulled them out of his rear end, if I remember correctly. What an awful show.

There was some mumbo jumbo about him using more of the Dragon's power and it being dangerous since it'd take him closer to the Phantom, which was almost cool, and then he got all the powers and it never mattered because him and the Dragon became besties somehow anyway.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Cliff Racer posted:

The dragon form rings were made out of gems given by the show's villains, including one literally handed over by Gremlin. Haruto pretty much did everything that White Wizard's dumb plan needed him to. Getting Infinity was a hitch in the plan for some reason, but Haruto just gives that away when Mayu (directed by the white wizard) asks for it.

Motto fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 28, 2014

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Did Blandy McDonuts Haruto ever fail to prevent someone from becoming a phantom? I stopped watching after Phoenix died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Pyroi posted:

Did Blandy McDonuts Haruto ever fail to prevent someone from becoming a phantom? I stopped watching after Phoenix died.

He failed a few times but the person didn't become a phantom anyway "just because." I remember having a debate here awhile back about whether phantoms forming was even likely/possible or if it was all part of White Wizard's secret plan all along but the show, being poo poo, never bothered to explain or even hint at a reason so I guess it was all just dumb luck.

• Locked thread