Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I burned out, I think. I decided to cancel my subscription.

I always wind up coming back to this thing, but it'll probably be a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

This is me irl trying to figure out what the gently caress I just read.

Thats me thinking about how many people they have talked to if runescape trading is considered social contact to them

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Redeye Flight posted:

I burned out, I think. I decided to cancel my subscription.

I always wind up coming back to this thing, but it'll probably be a while.

It happens, mate. G'luck to ya.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Yeah its loving stupid and the trading post is not going to do much to fix Varrock spam. Literally the reason an actual good trading system was rejected (well the main reason people voted no) was to preserve to social aspect of trading in runescape. The social aspect.

Do these people even go outside? "Ty" "ty" after a trade is not being social, you can't tell your mum you made a friend today off of saying that. Nerds suck.

The social aspect of Runescape:

@ran@:buying rune baxe 35k

joachim783
May 9, 2013
i got my first 99 earlier today and have to say, waterfiends rock and are the only place you should ever go for range training xp wise. :D

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

joachim783 posted:

i got my first 99 earlier today and have to say, waterfiends rock and are the only place you should ever go for range training xp wise. :D

Did you get 81 slayer? Roraii in the Ascension dungeon are incredible money for their keystone drop-rate, and 99 range means you should breeze right through them.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

would like to congratulate jagex on creating an interface that is both usable and not at all bugged

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
That's Jagex's subtle way of telling you that Legacy is bad you Tumblr using nerd.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

That's Jagex's subtle way of telling you that Legacy is bad you Tumblr using nerd.

:iceburn:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Themata posted:

Why must we hurt the ones we love :(

NamePolice
Feb 26, 2011
Many of you have wondered what post-Warbands wars entail, and I'm here to tell you the secrets that the Nerd Bureaucracy doesn't want you to know: that it involves standing in the middle of a pubbie mass until Brassica has mercy on your soul.

e: hatred is never dead, goons~

NamePolice fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jun 19, 2014

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Simsmagic posted:

would like to congratulate jagex on creating an interface that is both usable and not at all bugged

legacy lets you change which xp gains are displayed without loving around in an escape menu, so sorry but it's obviously the superior version

Xlorp
Jan 23, 2008

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

Enough about stupid ol' dumb OSRS that nobody likes.

This week's DEAD CONTENT FIELD TRIP is Player-Owned Houses!! Long-promised to get a rework, but never a bride, player-owned houses are good for like 2 things: keeping your pets, and using other peoples' houses to train prayer. We're going to visit the houses of everyone who comes on the trip, whether they're two-room hovels or luxurious pixel-villas.

I hope to see a bunch of you and your gaudy-rear end shacks tomorrow night, June 18th, at 8:30 PM EST, a half-hour after reset.
I'd open up my house but I'm F2P now and haven't logged in this year I think.
Is there a Responsible Gooney Bird who might be able to peek in and check out if it's still there? PM if so.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
So there's a bullshit treasure hunter promo going on. Five days, 15 pieces.

You need the full set to get the benefit. The lower tier is 5 pieces, but it's three seperate sets, and I doubt Jagex will allow mix and match. Mining success is increased 5%, for the lower tiers.

The upper tiers? 7%, but it makes living rock creatures unaggressive.

Oh and they count as golden mining suit and varrock armor, if you have them. Which makes that intentional change they did to the golden mining suit where it gets destroyed on death in a whole new light. You know, before they got horrible backlash and changed it back.

It's pretty much a blatant cashgrab. One that seems to be hilariously backfiring.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Xlorp posted:

I'd open up my house but I'm F2P now and haven't logged in this year I think.
Is there a Responsible Gooney Bird who might be able to peek in and check out if it's still there? PM if so.
Houses don't disappear, they're accountbound. You'd have to destroy it by your own hand to get rid of a house.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kgummy posted:

So there's a bullshit treasure hunter promo going on. Five days, 15 pieces.

You need the full set to get the benefit. The lower tier is 5 pieces, but it's three seperate sets, and I doubt Jagex will allow mix and match. Mining success is increased 5%, for the lower tiers.

The upper tiers? 7%, but it makes living rock creatures unaggressive.

Oh and they count as golden mining suit and varrock armor, if you have them. Which makes that intentional change they did to the golden mining suit where it gets destroyed on death in a whole new light. You know, before they got horrible backlash and changed it back.

It's pretty much a blatant cashgrab. One that seems to be hilariously backfiring.

Jagex is poo poo company. I don't really blame all the pubbies that went frothing at the mouth the moment microtransactions started, it was pretty obvious that Jagex would offer paying for mechanically beneficial gear the moment they thought they could get away with it. C'est la vie.

That said, bonds are still a good idea and they should have added them a decade ago. I would have worked my little fifteen year old fingers to the bone grinding gold to pay for membership back then.

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Yeah its loving stupid and the trading post is not going to do much to fix Varrock spam. Literally the reason an actual good trading system was rejected (well the main reason people voted no) was to preserve to social aspect of trading in runescape. The social aspect.

Do these people even go outside? "Ty" "ty" after a trade is not being social, you can't tell your mum you made a friend today off of saying that. Nerds suck.

There was like 1 thread from a "economics expert" that apparently said the trading post would wreck the economy but all it said was that the trading post would do X and Y and then defined X and Y with big fancy sounding bullshit without relating it to runescape at all. It was pretty much some 12 year old using big words to look smart without really saying anything.

E:I'm the threads biggest OSRS player? Thats not really saying much.

In defense of the "rah rah social" crap - way, way back a decade ago, long before the GE existed, I used to merchant essence for my runescape living. People didn't want to deal with buying ess 300 at a time and would pay like 20%-30% more than the average low volume market rate if you could sell them thousands at a time, and like 50% markup if you could sell them tens of thousands at a time. For a while I stood around the East Varrock bank and spammed that I was buying poo poo and would get a couple thousand and go spam at West Varrock bank that I was selling a large quantity for a markup.

Over time, I wound up accruing a list of miners who would regularly sell me ess and a list of buyers who bought the stuff from me regularly. They'd PM me buy/sell requests, I'd go trade, and we'd both be happy. I actually had a network of people I traded with on a regular basis and was RS friends with some of them for years, long after I quit merching ess.

Don't get me wrong - the GE is a vastly better system, I just wanted to explain why someone who wants the old system isn't necessarily completely crazy.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
First, goon fetishes from earlier - including YOU Markkei!!

Now on to screens from the goon house trip:

SA How Rude

fragasaurus

Augster

Crystal Core

HK 47

Hinze123

Queso Suave

Honey

v8mate

Real Dwarf

Arsenes

Spergie Sama

Kiyroh

Mikus Master

Pizza Lady

Markkei

FlexMentallo

Themata fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 19, 2014

sKai white
Feb 5, 2014
Just doing slayer and this happened. Yes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sKai white fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Jun 20, 2014

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

sKai white posted:

Just doing slayer and this happened. Yes.

I'm the slayer spreadsheet. Or the reddit. Or the Dubstep for your nipples??

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Congrats on your 1 mil you reddit using nerd.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I woke up this morning and decided my torrid love affair with money was finally over and severed completely.

Unfortunately this morning my construction level was also around 60, but it's important to end relationships you no longer want to be a part of ASAP. At least mahogany dining tables are quick.

Not to toot my own horn, but if I weren't busy Scaping for 20 hours a day I could probably make millions as an interior designer.

So, two hours of watching an orc cosplayer in a skirt crush bones to appease the gods and I gain a few new prayers.....

and a new highest skill!

Time to give these new curses a shot at rorarii!

Nooooooooo

Hopefully I'll make enough before next week to hit 92 so I can start on 85 herblore.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Oh awesome! Someone else is posting content and I finally find out who Robo Reagan is!

My current ports crew

In case you missed this:

:golfclap: worthy

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Themata posted:

In case you missed this:

:golfclap: worthy

I love how everyone just ignores MyPogBf who I haven't seen online since like the botting heyday, I've seen a lot of people on lately that I haven't seen in years!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I'm not going to lie, this is a shameful quest log.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
The King is dead.

Long live the Queen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Noooooooooo Flex why?

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

A couple people mentioned Steam in the the clan chat this morning, and I was wondering if we had a group set up for anyone who wanted to join it. It looks like Dickdog and Velix are in one already, but membership is set to private and nobody appears to be active so I set up an open Steam Community Group, El GoonSquad.

If someone could let me know if the other group (located here) is meant to be the official one, I'll go ahead and close this one down, otherwise it's open to whoever wants to enjoy other terrible games with RuneScape goons. I'll pass admin privileges to Pizza Lady or whoever wants them when/if they join.

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 21, 2014

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

allta posted:

I love how everyone just ignores MyPogBf who I haven't seen online since like the botting heyday, I've seen a lot of people on lately that I haven't seen in years!

I think everyone forgot who I was /:shobon:\

Now that K'Ril doesn't drop Adamant P++ arrows I have no claim to fame anyway~

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spergminer posted:

In my defense I've done about twelve quests in the last three days since I want to do all the side stuff before I start World Wakes. I've gotten nearly two full golem sets from all the keys I've gained. :shepface:

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

You can crust that
I won't cheese on you

Soulhunter posted:

A couple people mentioned Steam in the the clan chat this morning, and I was wondering if we had a group set up for anyone who wanted to join it. It looks like Dickdog and Velix are in one already, but membership is set to private and nobody appears to be active so I set up an open Steam Community Group, El GoonSquad.

If someone could let me know if the other group (located here) is meant to be the official one, I'll go ahead and close this one down, otherwise it's open to whoever wants to enjoy other terrible games with RuneScape goons. I'll pass admin privileges to Pizza Lady or whoever wants them when/if they join.

I don't actively use Steam so it'd probably go best to someone who does. v:shobon:v

Here's a quick reminder that Pizza Lady's Pizza Drop Party is taking place in 7 days, 7 hours as of this posting. As of now, the party will take place on World 117 in the Falador Party Room. I just got done testing to see if announcements are still a thing by dropping 1 mil and 1 gp into the drop chest, and I was able to get all but 16 coins back without any pubbies swarming in (one came running in then ran back out, but no one came). So on the off chance that pubbies do happen to notice (I chose 117 because it's relatively quiet, but if anyone wants to suggest an even quieter world I'm all ears), we'll do the party in rounds.

As it is, there's at least 300 unique items and thanks to generous goon donations, its value is now approximately 70 mil, if not more, and should continue to grow as I continue to gather items. I'm almost tempted to get rid of some of the more useless drops because the party room will divide up drops (I had to get my 1 mil back from at least 20 different balloons) so who knows how long one round could take, especially dependong on goon turnout? Because Jagex is :jagex:, the citadel party room doesn't do drop parties. But as it stands, I'll probably need a few volunteers who will help me take stuff to the party room, and others are encouraged to bring their own stuff to drop.

If we do end up getting crashed, we'll retreat to a player owned house or the clan citadel and simply do the classic style drop party there, but for now, suggestions on whether to reduce some of the filler drops or not would be great.

For those who don't know how the party room works, you deposit a bunch of stuff into the chest. Once you do, pull the lever for 1k and balloons come raining down. No balloon actually 'has' the item, but it's a chance at getting an item spawn, with the items divided up so that 10 mil might be broken up into 15 gp, 100k, 25k, etc. Once the balloons start to despawn, any items that weren't obtained remain in the chest to be 'dropped' again. With this in mind, drops like 58 bronze throwing axes might end up being a poo poo drop for more than just one goon (if we have to resort to doing it the classic way, this won't be an issue).

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge

Spergminer posted:

Going on 11 years now and I still haven't finished them all :v:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49U9t-wq1hI

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

I like how they attempt and fail to make that theme sound shittier, it's peak lovely already.

NamePolice
Feb 26, 2011
The second week of Minigoons is a wrap! Soul Wars (unsurprisingly) fell through, so me and a group of 3 strong goons braved Heist, which is perhaps the most bland minigame in existence. That being said, this minigame brought out the parts in us that we refused to believe existed. I saw myself change in prison

I helped Kari accept who she really is

and Honey outed himself as a furry.

A decent minigame, but I will never understand why Jagex continues to push out minigames in the year of our lord and savior 2014. Next week's minigame is Kari's nerd party for dorks (you're welcome m'lady) and the week after we'll just do Burthrope Games Room or something

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Some of the usual awful pubbie chat at burthorpe bank chest:

"CokeSmeed420"

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Christ, Burthorpe Bank is a treasure trove of shitheads. Last night I stumbled upon three dudes discussing political correctness, citing the Nazi ways of the Left :allears:

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Sometimes with the orb of occulas you find some weird stuff:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

allta posted:

Sometimes with the orb of occulas you find some weird stuff:

It's the box from behind the Catherby candle shop. You can click on it to crawl into it and you enter this box. A long cutscene plays and you arrive at Keep La Faye.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

I don't actively use Steam so it'd probably go best to someone who does. v:shobon:v

Well, anyone who isn't ashamed should join up anyway.

Spergminer posted:

It's the box from behind the Catherby candle shop. You can click on it to crawl into it and you enter this box. A long cutscene plays and you arrive at Keep La Faye.

Trap sprung, nerd. :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Been on a huge questing spree for spins and have gotten at least five done the past few hours. On that note, it's time to do recruitment drive! After a trip to the makeover mage I found myself wooing the photo booth man...

Hope he's not some cisscum not wanting to have a relationship with me because he saw me change genders! :bigtran:

• Locked thread