Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Jose posted:

Start Klose

Also don't loving start Khedira holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Germany Fucks Up Game 2: The Legend Continues

Keep Özil and Khedira off the field, loving poo poo. Also rip to Müller.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

hopterque posted:

Also don't loving start Khedira holy poo poo.

if Löw could have started Schweinsteiger instead of him he would but his condition is still...meh

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

antidote posted:

Keep Özil and Khedira off the field, loving poo poo. Also rip to Müller.
I think Özil played really well today.. Pretty much every dangerous pass in the final third came from him, he was the only one that seemed intent on actually doing something with the ball.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Müller has a cut which apparently won't need stitches, so he should be back next game.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I felt that he gave up the ball too easily and his passes were bad, but to be fair there was a good amount of time where the entire team was poor.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Özil has ups and downs (he dramatically improved upon Schweinsteiger and Klose subbing in), but Khedira was never good enough as box-to-box player but certainly technically inept at losing the ball.

I just don't know what Löw sees in him. He barely improved from his Stuttgart days, the only difference is that massive price tag hanging around his neck.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

he also didn't win a single tackle if he ever went in unlike Hummels, Götze and Kroos and he really let Lahms hanging on his own there in the defensive

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Khedira is by far the lazyiest player

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Healbot posted:

Özil has ups and downs (he dramatically improved upon Schweinsteiger and Klose subbing in), but Khedira was never good enough as box-to-box player but certainly technically inept at losing the ball.

I just don't know what Löw sees in him. He barely improved from his Stuttgart days, the only difference is that massive price tag hanging around his neck.

He is a slower shittier Ballack and I don't understand it either. He is always too slow to get to places and gives up the ball constantly. I bite my nails any time the ball goes near him because I just know it's going to go bad.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Enigma89 posted:

He is a slower shittier Ballack and I don't understand it either. He is always too slow to get to places and gives up the ball constantly. I bite my nails any time the ball goes near him because I just know it's going to go bad.

Yeah, I'm gonna be pretty upset if he starts in the 3rd game goddamn.

Hopefully Schweinsteiger is fit to start, he made a couple errors but the team was like 200% better with him in instead of khedira.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Fire Ozil

Start Klose

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

The Ghana game will be closer, because they are less likely to totally self-destruct than Portugal, but Germany will win it anyway

I was wrong in the best possible way

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Healbot posted:

Khedira was never good enough as box-to-box player but certainly technically inept at losing the ball.

Wait, what? Do you remember 2012? Back then Khedira was keeping together the German and Madrid midfield. He closed down spaces, got people off the ball, was winning lots of headers in midfield, had good vision for vertical passes and got to the edge of the box to pop some dangerous shots. Obviously that is not the Sami Khedira playing today but for me he was the best German player in EM2012 and that different coaches at Madrid + Löw value him so much is definitely deserved.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

elbkaida posted:

Wait, what? Do you remember 2012? Back then Khedira was keeping together the German and Madrid midfield. He closed down spaces, got people off the ball, was winning lots of headers in midfield, had good vision for vertical passes and got to the edge of the box to pop some dangerous shots. Obviously that is not the Sami Khedira playing today but for me he was the best German player in EM2012 and that different coaches at Madrid + Löw value him so much is definitely deserved.

Dunno what kind of year 2012 you remember (it's gotta be the Emmerich movie), but he mostly stuck around the enemy box and almost never defended, leaving Schweinsteiger all the grunt work in the back.

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!
Why isn't Low starting Klose everymatch? The way he plays doesn't need him to be able to run for the whole 90 mins.

mrg220t fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 22, 2014

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

The most remarkable thing about Löw is that with the talent he's had over the last 8 years, he's still managed to come home with 0 trophies. That takes some doing my friend, so don't question his methods!

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Enigma89 posted:

Thank you. I have friends who really, really hated Ballack and thought he was an overrated piece of poo poo, but at the same time can't get enough of Khedira. It doesn't make any sense.

Distant Mist
Apr 22, 2008
Khedira isn't at the top of his game, but he was great in 2012. Lahm played like poo poo yesterday, I can't remember him having two bad games in a row.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Well, I aged about 10 years during the game, last 30 minutes especially. Good thing today only has garbage teams playing so I can relax and recover.

Bench Khedira IMO. I don't know what to do about Lahm, I just don't know. Him being bad is a thing that's not supposed to happen. I also don't know about starting Klose, I guess I'd like it to happen but I'm not sure he's up for it.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
I didn't think Lahm was THAT bad really, he'll probably catch himself until the next round.

What was up with playing Mustafi on the right back though? Would have liked to see Großkreutz there. Or maybe Durm in and switch Höwedes over. Or put Lahm out there. Must all be part of the grand plan of only playing centre backs. Maybe it was a sign to the backup players that anyone can make it into the team very suddenly? Cost us a goal.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah Mustafi was responsible for that first goal 100% but other than that I feel like he looked ok? I don't know what was up with Boateng that he needed to be subbed out but I feel like he wouldn't have made that error.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

elbkaida posted:

I didn't think Lahm was THAT bad really, he'll probably catch himself until the next round.

What was up with playing Mustafi on the right back though? Would have liked to see Großkreutz there. Or maybe Durm in and switch Höwedes over. Or put Lahm out there. Must all be part of the grand plan of only playing centre backs. Maybe it was a sign to the backup players that anyone can make it into the team very suddenly? Cost us a goal.

Lahm gifted Ghana their second goal. If that was not "THAT bad", then Mustafi was also not "THAT bad".

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
That's one action in ninety minutes. Lahm is still indispensable, even if he made (in Lahm terms) unusually many mistakes.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I also don't think Mustafi was bad at all aside from the one (pretty big) error.

Made some good overlapping runs and crosses, defended well otherwise.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

hopterque posted:

Yeah Mustafi was responsible for that first goal 100% but other than that I feel like he looked ok? I don't know what was up with Boateng that he needed to be subbed out but I feel like he wouldn't have made that error.

Boateng picked up a (small) injury in the first half, that's why he was subbed out.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yes, my point was that I was wondering what the injury was since it actually cost us a goal.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

hopterque posted:

Yes, my point was that I was wondering what the injury was since it actually cost us a goal.

Something about his hip/rear end/thigh muscles locking up during half time. Could hardly get up off the locker room bench according to Löw.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Dang I hope he's ok then.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
Looks like we get our wish, Khedira might be out for the USA game with a knee injury, Boateng is also at risk.
Müller is fine.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I assume Lahm or Schweinsteiger broke his knees or something.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
does anyone have the gif from the last euros of the kid celebrating a goal. i believe the kid was originally a ukranian fan but it was shopped with the appropriate hitler mustache and swastikas/sieg heil

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!

manchego posted:

does anyone have the gif from the last euros of the kid celebrating a goal. i believe the kid was originally a ukranian fan but it was shopped with the appropriate hitler mustache and swastikas/sieg heil

This one?

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

elbkaida posted:

Großkreutz is hurt IIRC. Or is that Reus?

I am such a lovely fan now, I used to be really up to date on things. =\

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Enigma89 posted:

Großkreutz is hurt IIRC. Or is that Reus?

I am such a lovely fan now, I used to be really up to date on things. =\

Reus is hurt and not on the team, Großkreutz is fine I think.

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

hopterque posted:

Reus is hurt and not on the team, Großkreutz is fine I think.

Yeah and Löw should throw a piece of raw meat on the field to lure him out of his beastcage and let him have at them.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

upside down bicycle

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

mrg220t posted:

This one?

Yesssss! Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU