Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemonpieman
Jan 18, 2010

Robot Hobo posted:

GameStop's online store has the PC Dark Souls 2 DLC Season Pass for 15% off with a coupon.
Probably only applies in the USA store.
They give you a Steam key right away.

[link]
Coupon code: SUMSALE

15% is about $3.75. Not a huge deal, but hey, better than full price if you were going to preorder it anyway.

Hey, cool. Thanks for this.

In other news I discovered that the Disc Chime does the full 400+ damage when you shield bash, unlike other catalysts/chimes. Pretty crazy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheNightReaver
Sep 7, 2011

Go fart with the angels.
Doing NG+ all over again in a hurry cause the DLC unlocks soon. If my save gets corrupted again...I'll take it the universe doesn't want me to complete this game.
Also, fashion souls.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
When does the DLC unlock?

Domattee
Mar 5, 2012

TheNightReaver posted:

Doing NG+ all over again in a hurry cause the DLC unlocks soon. If my save gets corrupted again...I'll take it the universe doesn't want me to complete this game.

Pretty sure you got your months confused, the first DLC comes out 22. July

Acute Grill
Dec 9, 2011

Chomp
Since we're on the subject of the Ancient Dragon, is there a reliable way to dodge his Rain of Fire without cheesing the fight with Gower's Ring? I've tried making a mad dash for his tail but even completely naked aside from my weapon and moving as fast as possible the AOE is massive enough to catch me just as often as not.

I'm well aware that I've never been particularly good at this series, so maybe I do just suck, but that's the only boss I can't beat without using a gimmick.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I'm afraid 'run away' is pretty much it unless you can pull off the Gyrm Greatshield.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Elysiume posted:

I beat the ancient dragon first try with the standard Gower's strat using a combination of miracles and sword. Kind of a clowny fight.

On my first character I bet him in two tries without that ring. The first time he instantly killed me with fire, the second time he just kinda stomped around. I don't know why or what I did that made him rethink his position on instantly killing me but I was ok with it. Though even without the instant death thing he has way too much health, it's ridiculous. I tried sunbroing him and with three people he has so much health you almost can't see his health bar move when you hit him.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Elysiume posted:

When does the DLC unlock?

Next month.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm doing a polearm playthrough, and man, halberds are amazing once you get used to their sweet spot.

TheNightReaver
Sep 7, 2011

Go fart with the angels.

Domattee posted:

Pretty sure you got your months confused, the first DLC comes out 22. July

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Is the only way to get Targray's halberd to kill him?

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Fister Roboto posted:

Is the only way to get Targray's halberd to kill him?
He gives you his stuff when you're Rank 3.
I know what you're thinking. Don't.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

gently caress the police.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

neetengie posted:

So what you're saying is no, the only way is to kill him.

neetengie
Jul 17, 2013

Shittiest taste in anime and video games.

Manatee Cannon posted:

So what you're saying is no, the only way is to kill him.
No, you could use CE too.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

neetengie posted:

Actually... he doesn't give you the halberd.

At least, I sure didn't get it at rank 3, just his armor.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Oh god, the backstep->light attack on halberds. Where have you been all my life?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I found the one thing that can make the Dragonrider bosses hard: A broken controller. :smith:

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I want the ruin sentinel hat but the drop rate is so horrendously low :smith:

E: about 18 kills later i got it :haw:

E2: extincted the sentinels, only got two gauntlets and the helm, good thing I dont wear shirts :haw:

Spooky Bear Ghost fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jun 21, 2014

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

Actually... he doesn't give you the halberd.

At least, I sure didn't get it at rank 3, just his armor.

I guess I know who my first victim will be after I hit rank 3 and defect to the blood bros.

omeg
Sep 3, 2012

I had a lot of fun "properly" ratbroing today. Set the traps, drop some items around (dung pies and alluring skulls, especially in places where the axes hit :v:), lots of prism stones, then just watch the victim to run the gauntlet. Most of them at least try, one even succeeded and got out, didn't pick the items though (I did leave some good stuff at the end).

What do you need for Shalquoir to sell infinite prisms? I need more!

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎
Okay, I keep seeing the term "power stance" and I have no idea what it means. Can someone clue me in?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Okay, I keep seeing the term "power stance" and I have no idea what it means. Can someone clue me in?
When you have 1.5x the Str/Dex requirements of two weapons in your left and right hands, you can hold triangle to go into power stance, which gives you dual wield moves on your L1 and L2 buttons. If the two weapons have different Str/Dex requirements, use whatever's higher of the two.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Artemis J Brassnuts posted:

Here's a chart that shows what weapons can/can't be power-stanced together: http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/dual-wielding

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

omeg posted:

What do you need for Shalquoir to sell infinite prisms? I need more!

You have to open the Shrine of Winter. Unfortunately they are way less fun than in Dark Souls 1 because they cost thirty times as much from the only person who sells them, you take a ridiculous amount of time to place them, and their fall checking ability is less useful now due to the angle they fall and the different falling damage mechanic.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

RBA Starblade posted:

I found the one thing that can make the Dragonrider bosses hard: A broken controller. :smith:

Its good to feed them kills. Someone has to make them feel appreciated otherwise they might quit out of depression.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

You have to open the Shrine of Winter. Unfortunately they are way less fun than in Dark Souls 1 because they cost thirty times as much from the only person who sells them, you take a ridiculous amount of time to place them, and their fall checking ability is less useful now due to the angle they fall and the different falling damage mechanic.

SM is the worst thing because it makes me not buy fun items like prism stones. Someone did once use one when I invaded them to scare the poo poo out of me. They were hiding in the chamber of the embedded in Drangleic castle, so I had to take the elevator up to find them. While going up the elevator they tossed a prism stone down at me. So while I was just chilling waiting to reach the top an ear splitting scream came out of nowhere.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

Gestalt Intellect posted:

They're also annoying to make silly shapes out of since they scoot a bit forward after you pop them out.

Tokyo Sex Whale
Oct 9, 2012

"My butt smells like vanilla ice cream"
It's absolutely shocking that no one has made a PC script for laying out prism stone drawings.

Aqua_D
Feb 12, 2011

Sometimes, a man just needs to get his Rock off.
Do Prism Stone drops save/are they persistent? I would love to lead someone who is sunbroing with me to a picture I made of a dick.

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

Nahxela posted:

When you have 1.5x the Str/Dex requirements of two weapons in your left and right hands, you can hold triangle to go into power stance, which gives you dual wield moves on your L1 and L2 buttons. If the two weapons have different Str/Dex requirements, use whatever's higher of the two.
Oh, crazy. I don't think I ever encountered that on my first run since I was just sword & board. Thanks!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Demitri Omni posted:

Do Prism Stone drops save/are they persistent? I would love to lead someone who is sunbroing with me to a picture I made of a dick.

They aren't permanent but other people can see them if you drop them. If you rest at a bonfire or reset the area in any other way they'll disappear I think.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The inability to powerstance shields is the greatest failure of Dark Souls 2.

quote:

Its good to feed them kills. Someone has to make them feel appreciated otherwise they might quit out of depression.

The funny thing is they still could only kill me once, and only because the one Dragonrider swung his halberd a fraction of a second before the controller reconnected to let me block again (the wire is loose and if you touch it it disconnects).

Manatee Cannon posted:

They aren't permanent but other people can see them if you drop them. If you rest at a bonfire or reset the area in any other way they'll disappear I think.

They also vanish if you die, as I found out when I went afk, and came back to an invader dropping them all over Drangleic Castle. Then another one appeared and I ran into a Ruin Sentinel I forgot about.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Dying resets the area, like I said if you reset the area in any way they disappear.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

You can power stance Orma's and Reeve's greatshields.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

RBA Starblade posted:

Except for this rad combination:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrBo5cg0BAs&t=68s

e: ^^^^^^^ :argh: ^^^^^^^

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Genocyber posted:

You can power stance Orma's and Reeve's greatshields.

Its terrible though and absolutely nothing like the moves the guys in the crypt use.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I wish it would let you guard with both of them.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I just got killed in my world by a lagstab from a guy who had already killed me in his world.

Think about that.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Nahxela posted:

I wish it would let you guard with both of them.

That was the biggest crime, I'll tell you that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxy Boy
Sep 7, 2008
I've genocided the sword and shield knights at the Dragon Shrine three times now and still no Drakekeeper Sword. I've got like five sets of their armor and shield. Bleh.