Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The only things not replaced on this were the manifold and upstream cat. Mostly because the upstream cat was fine and had more studs holding it to the manifold, and was a $180 part. I had her order one but made the executive decision to not install it since risking 6 8mm rusty studs threaded and rusted into a $170 exhaust manifold to replace a perfectly fine $180 part sounded like a whole lot of NOPE to me at 11PM.

I was honestly shocked when it all came apart that easily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cakefool posted:

I just found out that the woman selling the gt6 restoration project decided she couldn't bear the thought of having anyone other than her dead husband driving it so she had it crushed.

:what:

I'm so angry right now.
What an astonishingly selfish woman. It's not a particularly rare care, but why just destroy something like that? I'd have had a drat good shouting session at her.

When I cop it, I want any cars and tools etc I have to go to various friends who I know would like them, and the rest sold to other enthusiasts.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Got the new job inspecting sub-frame parts for Toyotas before they're all welded together and started today. easy job and good money, but there's nothing like working right by the welding robots while you watch the temperature slowly climb. It was only 97 degrees in there today! Guy I work with says it isn't uncommon to hit 102-103 inside during the whole shift when it's summer. At least we get free water and a fan.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Everyone should subscribe to Andy Rehfeldt's channel on Youtube. He makes soft songs hard and hard songs soft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmM79YadYM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrydcstzEVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRg8KjYROkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udSyfCBHoX8

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

KozmoNaut posted:

Everyone should subscribe to Andy Rehfeldt's channel on Youtube. He makes soft songs hard and hard songs soft.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrydcstzEVA

Real Children of Bodom vibe on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtXlBbWeB4

And then there's this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__vv2EhpEK0

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

kastein posted:

I prefer the term "rustmancer", really.

So if you and Sockington worked on a car, there would be a rust/anti rust annihilation event?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Cat Terrist posted:

So if you and Sockington worked on a car, there would be a rust/anti rust annihilation event?
It wouldn't matter, Kev would have cut it out and welded in fresh metal while they weren't looking.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Fucknag posted:

Real Children of Bodom vibe on this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGtXlBbWeB4

And then there's this thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__vv2EhpEK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4GV8W2oGc

Who would have thought Through the Fire and Flames would be 10 times better as a country song?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

rscott posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ4GV8W2oGc

Who would have thought Through the Fire and Flames would be 10 times better as a country song?

Literally the first time I've been able to sit through a whole Dragonforce song. I generally dislike country as well. This guy is really loving good at what he does.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

InitialDave posted:

What an astonishingly selfish woman. It's not a particularly rare care, but why just destroy something like that? I'd have had a drat good shouting session at her.

When I cop it, I want any cars and tools etc I have to go to various friends who I know would like them, and the rest sold to other enthusiasts.

Cakefool posted:

I just found out that the woman selling the gt6 restoration project decided she couldn't bear the thought of having anyone other than her dead husband driving it so she had it crushed.

:what:

I'm so angry right now.

She's...not selfish at all? You're allowed to honor the dead and poo poo, and crushing a car (that she owns, mind you) because of possible good/bad memories, or out of respect for her husband, is completely within bounds and not crazy at all. I mean, you can give the poo poo away, or sell it, but you're by no means legally or morally obligated to do so. It was your poo poo. Do what you want. You're seriously saying that you'd shout at this woman? Spergers be spergin'.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Geirskogul posted:

You're seriously saying that you'd shout at this woman? Spergers be spergin'.

Looks like someone hasn't had their hopes and dreams destroyed before their eyes. But I agree, yelling at someone over that is too much.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Firstly, she reneged on an agreement with him.

Second, she destroyed something that was probably worth saving because of her own silly hangups. That car survived 40+ years only to be wasted like that, and that annoys me a lot. It's only "honouring the dead" if that was her husband's wish, and that certainly does not seem to be the case.

He is right to be angry. He would be right to call her on this poo poo. I am entirely happy with my position and previous statement.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's okay to be mad if she went back on an agreement. It's not okay to criticize their reasons unless they were otherwise deliberately malicious. If she did it to go "ha ha gently caress you GOTCHA," then anger above and beyond the simple fact she wasted his time is justified. If she did it because of some weird internal guilt slash husband's memories, then yelling at her (again, above "I'm very disappointed/angry/seething that you wasted my time and broke a promise") makes you look like an anti-social crazy person. And determining if something is wasted is all a matter of perspective.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Tonight I learned that fireball in strongbow is the best poo poo ever

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

First of all I've never actually spoken to the woman, it's all been through my brother, who she offered the car to. He said he would offer it to me, as someone with the time and care to do a decent job and enjoy the car, rather than turn a quick buck.

I've not expressed this anger at anyone irl and if she said it to my face I'd probably plead and beg pathetically and offer her more money and explain how I've wanted one for years and her husband would probably want it enjoyed rather than crushed, but I wouldn't shout at her.

I did the shouting in the privacy of my utility room, to the accompaniment of a bottle of cider.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
yo i thought you liberals placed private property rights pretty much above anything else so why are you getting mad about someone doing what they want with their property?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

You've just been offered your dream car out of the blue for less than the cost of a tyre, then they change their mind and crush it. I got emotionally invested them disappointed, if you don't understand that I don't know what to say man.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

rscott posted:

property rights pretty much above anything else

No that's libertarians.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

rscott posted:

yo i thought you liberals placed private property rights pretty much above anything else so why are you getting mad about someone doing what they want with their property?

Molon labe, brothers.

(that's french for "take my gt6")

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Can you imagine any sort of "car guy" wanting his car crushed instead of passed on? I can't.

Kind of reminds me of my dearest grandma. My uncle had a '57 Chevy hardtop that was his cruiser/drag car for 20 years. High strung small block with a four speed. My fondest and few memories of him involved that car. He died when I was nine. My grandparents settled his estate. My dad begged and pleaded to buy that car but grandma would not sell it to him because she didn't "want to be reminded" of my uncle. Sold it for peanuts to some douche in town. Same guy still owns it completely unchanged - down to the same dry rotted cheater slicks from twenty years ago. He takes it out once a year for the local car show. Offered it to me and my dad for ten times the price he paid twenty years ago.

I miss you gram, but what the gently caress. You knew full well he would have wanted his brother to have the loving car, but it wasn't in writing so welp.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

:siren: Juke is in the house.

Typical know-nothing owner. Stack of about 8 oil changes, switching between 10W-30 and 5W-30, because oil is oil, right? :rolleyes: Also, she paid to have it detailed and she should have kept the money, it's loving filthy. And it has slight hail damage on the top surfaces (noticable only under harsh lighting, it'll give me a chance to try out my new PDR tools... suck it up, buttercup meatpimp). Overall, though, it's in baller good condition and it's going to take me a few days to detail.

Just found out that it has a recall to replace the whole timing chain assembly. Woohoo.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Helping a friend move all the way across the state, even though I have no gas money and he doesn't either.

No goddammit I don't want to stop and get food, I want to finish this long rear end day and get loving hammered at a pool, I've been driving and loading a truck all loving day what in the hell is wrong with you.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

:siren: Juke is in the house.

I am going to smack you.

In related things, I would like to see how hard it would be to do PDR. I lump that into automatic transmissions as Voodoo and Unicorn Farts.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I am going to smack you.

:wink:

Seriously, though, it's a fun little thing. 188hp turbo motor combined with CVT makes a rubberband type of acceleration that I've never felt before. Looks like an intake and exhaust give it another 15 or so horsepower, but it's already peppy.

Reasons to have it that some in AI can't understand: a) wife likes the look. b) wife likes a higher seating position of suvs/mini-suvs. c) it's even more ridiculous than the 269hp in her FWD RAV4. Most importantly a).

Viper_3000
Apr 26, 2005

I could give a shit about all that.

meatpimp posted:

Reasons to have it that some in AI can't understand: a) wife likes the look. b) wife likes a higher seating position of suvs/mini-suvs. c) it's even more ridiculous than the 269hp in her FWD RAV4. Most importantly a).

Happy wife, happy life is a saying to live by.

Well, it is until it gets to extremes, then you should just divorce/sever and buy more car parts/project cars. But that's the case with most sayings.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

meatpimp posted:

Most importantly a).

What about all the other people who are gonna have to suffer through looking at it, hmm? Think about the children, man.

Alternatively, who gives a flying rats rear end what a car looks like on the outside? Can't see the outside when you're busy laying a patch at every stoplight, right?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

So I discovered Fruit Loops vodka.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Wait til you discover the rest of the world of infused liquors. I made raisin vodka a while back that was fantastic; strong, sweet grape flavor, but without any water diluting it like fresh grapes would.

And then there's the savory infusions; there's a tex-mex chain called Chuy's that serves cocktails made with jalepeno tequila.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

HotCanadianChick posted:

Alternatively, who gives a flying rats rear end what a car looks like on the outside?

I hope this isnt realtalk

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Hmmm
When I was younger I got rid of some crappy vodka by mixing it with ice cream. I don't think it was that great.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

CharlesM posted:

Hmmm
When I was younger I got rid of some crappy vodka by mixing it with ice cream. I don't think it was that great.

That's because liquors and sugary milk fat don't go well together.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

My favorite is still putting Jolly Ranchers in vodka and leaving them overnight to dissolve and blend. It tastes so drat good, and it's still potent as gently caress, because, you know, it's vodka.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Geirskogul posted:

That's because liquors and sugary milk fat don't go well together.

White russians would like to disagree with you

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

rscott posted:

Green russians would like to disagree with you

fixed.
(finally got around to watching Archer a month ago, and just finished tonight. So you'll have to bear with me as all the jokes start making sense)
gently caress me I have nothing to do tomorrow (was going fishing but, well long story). Might as well finish that 40 of Appleton's... Not singing Meat Loaf again this weekend though.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Since Rhyno is out of town for the week, I guess I'll fill in:

Oh man, I got into a fight with a kid, he was asking about video games in a comic book store. I German Suplexed him off of the roof.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

And then I said CLARK KENT WOULD NEVER SUCKERPUNCH A BABY and I was going to throw the idiot out of the store but I felt that it may tarnish the good name of my comic book store

And then I went home and I weighed 10lbs less thanks to vomiting from the smell of the D&D club (it's Saturday and Saturday is D&D day)

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Phone posted:

Since Rhyno is out of town for the week, I guess I'll fill in:

Oh man, I got into a fight with a kid, he was asking about video games in a comic book store. I German Suplexed him off of the roof.

poo poo, I knew something was missing tonight. We don't know what kind of crazy shenanigans his awful friends have gotten into this week.
(I don't mean to be facetious but drat, he makes me thankful my friends -while tragically few in number, and mostly alcoholics- are fairly well-adjusted, sociable, mostly-drama-free human beings)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamn, I don't want the past 24 hours to ever repeat themselves.

Several fights behind the store at work, thanks to the parking lot behind the store turning into an RV park for the weekend (since Jimmy Buffett was in town, and played at the stadium behind my store). Boss broke two of them up before cops showed up to lay down the law. Surprisingly, one of them involved a former employee beating the poo poo out of a guy on the ground... he was fired for picking a fight with our bartender last year.

Not nearly enough good staff on dining side, which lead to a ton of complaints and angry customers. Plus, we ran out of dough, of all things. The only thing we had left at 11:15 was thin crust, in medium only. Wound up closing at 11 because we were running out of every-loving-thing in the store.

Scheduled off at 11pm. Just before I'm about to clock out (at 11:30)...

Closing driver got in a wreck - guy ran a stop sign and nailed his right rear corner pretty good. Hit and run, of course, but the douche left his front bumper (and attached license plate) behind, and a state trooper witnessed it (trooper was directing traffic and wasn't near his vehicle). Closing driver isn't hurt, and his car drives, but it's going to need the rear bumper cover (and probably impact stuff behind it), along with a hubcap, possibly control arm, and some metalwork on the RR door. Fleeing driver's info is already on the police report.

This led to the closing driver getting pissed off (rightfully so) and.. (not rightfully so) walking out. Leaving me and a couple of cooks to handle an entire day's dishes alone... plus all of his prep work, my prep work, and the prep work another driver didn't finish (left early, sick). I knew I'd be staying late, but I figured it'd be more like 12, maybe 1. Not nearly 4am.

Had to drive one of the cooks home too, which normally isn't a big deal, but I was already having trouble staying awake - taking him home is about 15 minutes in the opposite direction of home.

At least I'm off work today..

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Back from my little road trip...drat my rental needs a 6 speed and more power. Poor little fucker could not maintain 180kph on any hills, of course around 185 you were 500rpm from redline. Nothing like hours and hours at 5k+ to break in a newish engine. Driving in Germany is great.

Nürburgring is like a giant race track theme park. Tons of vendors, displays and everything else there for the 24 hours. I arrived as the historics were getting ready to go out which meant I walked into E30 M3 heaven. Highlight of the day was two BMW M1's. I walked around for ~8 hours, took a ton of pictures, drank a lot of beer and ate a lot of bratwurst. Hell of a way to spend a day.

Now to stream the last couple hours (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMIDFQxFKJw)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHouseOfBooty
Nov 13, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Back from my little road trip...drat my rental needs a 6 speed and more power. Poor little fucker could not maintain 180kph on any hills, of course around 185 you were 500rpm from redline. Nothing like hours and hours at 5k+ to break in a newish engine. Driving in Germany is great.

Now to stream the last couple hours (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMIDFQxFKJw)

Haha, and I feel bad about sitting at 3.5k at 140kph in my fiat for short periods. I feel the same though, I would like one more gear.

• Locked thread