Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Thumbtacks posted:

What dyes are those?

Dominion Red and a cheap black one until "Black hole" dye shows up at the auction house.

Edit: Stopped by the stylist. The black one is called "Dark Energy"

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

OneEightHundred posted:

Does Esper speed up at all in later levels? I got a Spellslinger and Esper to 15 and the Spellslinger kills things in about a third of the time because Spellsurge-Ignite-Charged Shot mostly instagibs everything in a line. Spectral Form also seems really lovely.

That's pretty generous, I remember GW2's launch being a clusterfuck of stuck events and quest NPCs and occasional unplayable lag.

vvvvv It's not "until level 50" when the Orr chain pretty much always got stuck!

I got an esper to 32 and so far I have to do at least two full rounds of generating 5 combo points and then doing a finisher. Start out with concentrated blades x2, go in and slash with psychic frenzy, hit them with geist and spectral swarm, swipe more, use TK frenzy sword rain finisher. Then I have to do it again, but use bolster and psychic frenzy to make combo points, or just pop my lovely innate ability. And that's the best it's been yet.

I have only played a warrior to 17, but it feels like he can kill stuff faster. I'd imagine medic kills things super fast and easy, probably spellslinger too.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Zephyrine posted:

I'm not set on the pants or gloves yet. And I really need to find some matching pistols.

Zephyrine posted:

Confirmed. Found it at the vendor. Wow it's perfect. When I asked for a red and black one. It was just a shot in the dark to go with my set.

Zephyrine posted:

Dominion Red and a cheap black one until Dark matter shows up at the auction house.

You really don't need to post the same exact picture of your Drakken 3+ times in the thread.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Welcome to Deradune

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

panda clue posted:

You really don't need to post the same exact picture of your Drakken 3+ times in the thread.

If that offends you then the picture with the bord in a few days will wreck your world.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
hi guys do you like my pretty internet space prince

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Doublestep posted:

hi guys do you like my pretty internet space prince

It's got nothing on my girl Draken:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

You wish. You couldn't handle this tail.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Zephyrine posted:

You wish. You couldn't handle this tail.

Please don't RP on the forums.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Pwnstar posted:

Please don't RP on the forums.

Chua think this a bad opinion. Very popular with Wildstar community.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
I recall from some pre-launch polls that exiles would have the most population but there must've been a shift because the dominion pvp queues are 2-3 mins while exiles are 20-30 secs (EU, in brackets 15-49). Kinda regret rolling my SS as dominion since thats the class i enjoy pvping with the most.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Has anyone here submitted a support ticket? I sent one about a broken quest but I can't be sure if I have an active ticket or if it was just some general bug support for the dev teams "pile" Do they contact you in game to offer help?

Syrek
Jan 13, 2010

Meeeeeeeeehhh
I dunno 'bout that

Zephyrine posted:

Has anyone here submitted a support ticket? I sent one about a broken quest but I can't be sure if I have an active ticket or if it was just some general bug support for the dev teams "pile" Do they contact you in game to offer help?

I've only gotten generic 1-button email replies so far.
3 of my bug reports got exactly the same text as a reply a few days later.
Even more hilarious that they sent me a survey about support quality shortly after that.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Syrek posted:

I've only gotten generic 1-button email replies so far.
3 of my bug reports got exactly the same text as a reply a few days later.
Even more hilarious that they sent me a survey about support quality shortly after that.

At least they pretend to read it. That's better than nothing I suppose.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
WoW i wanted to cancel my subscription and BOY did they hide the option for that well. I already wanted to ask here lol after like 25minutes trying WTF. You have to go to the bottom all the way and read the tiny rear end text there(at the page "SUBSCRIPTION PLAN OPTIONS"). You can click "Subscription details" there and get to remove your subscription on the next page. Sorry if there is another way easier path but i clicked what anyone would click Myaccount -> Manage Subscription.

Just a heads up~

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Styrka posted:

Breaching Strikes really isn't that great, seeing as how casting it is one less Relentless you get to try refreshing Rampage. And you'll never put ability points into it unless you're capped.

The big issue isn't Warrior scaling wrt AP, but moreso that runes treat all stats equally as if they had some similar value, which then degenerates to an awkward gearing system.

Uh? Breaching Strikes, like all other skills of its ilk (Punish, Flame Burst, Quick Burst, something Medics probably have), is off the GCD. It's free damage whenever you crit and will definitely not slow down your Relentless Strikes in any significant way.

lalaland posted:

I recall from some pre-launch polls that exiles would have the most population but there must've been a shift because the dominion pvp queues are 2-3 mins while exiles are 20-30 secs (EU, in brackets 15-49). Kinda regret rolling my SS as dominion since thats the class i enjoy pvping with the most.

In US, the queues for Dominion usually say something like 1m30s but in reality it's closer to 20 seconds. Not sure why anyone would expect Exiles to be more popular, though; Polls don't mean poo poo because the kind of people who answer them represent a small subset of the playerbase. Also, the Dominion are basically goofy Sith with cute mad scientists running around. That will attract a lot of people.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

FunkyFlashman posted:

WoW i wanted to cancel my subscription and BOY did they hide the option for that well. I already wanted to ask here lol after like 25minutes trying WTF. You have to go to the bottom all the way and read the tiny rear end text there(at the page "SUBSCRIPTION PLAN OPTIONS"). You can click "Subscription details" there and get to remove your subscription on the next page. Sorry if there is another way easier path but i clicked what anyone would click Myaccount -> Manage Subscription.

Just a heads up~

Reminds me of when I wanted to cancel my Matrix Online subscription and the way to do it was to call a phone number in England and when I called it from Sweden. It didn't work (yes I used the right codes)

Later you could do it on the website but it was frustrating to have to cancel my credit card just to get them to stop billing me.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
I've got two support tickets they have never done anything to help me with, one of them in the works, supposedly. The second one was trash binned twice under (completely unrelated) bugs that should fix themselves in a day or two, they told me, two weeks after my ticket. The former was the advanced riding bug and I guess that might be getting reimbursed this year, I just told them to forget about the latter. They were being really unhelpful for so long I figured why bother if they're not even reading my tickets before pasting a response, they'd probably just think I'm a dick and go out of their way to do nothing. Cost me a lot of plat, this one :(

Then I got a satisfaction survey on a report ticket I sent about some bot where they replied they've received my ticket and have taken appropriate action :what: I don't really even blame them for being too swamped with work to do any of it too well, but gently caress man, begging for positive feedback on tickets like that (with no support interaction) is cheating. Bet they call that random.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
I can't remember if it was last patch or the one before it, but has anyone else had to agree to the EULA from both the launcher and the login screen, as well as skip through the logos and intro commercial, every time they run the game now?

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

lalaland posted:

The pre-launch polls were worthless. This is all conjecture unless Carbine releases census numbers, but I'm willing to bet that more PVP enthusiasts rolled dominion over exile.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

First Bass posted:

I can't remember if it was last patch or the one before it, but has anyone else had to agree to the EULA from both the launcher and the login screen, as well as skip through the logos and intro commercial, every time they run the game now?

It sounds like your Machine.ini might be having problems. With Wildstar closed, try going to C:\Users\<you>\AppData\Local\NCSoft\Wildstar and renaming Machine.ini to Machine.old. Then start Wildstar again; you should have to click through the EULA and cancel the intro videos one more time while it rebuilds the file, but then hopefully you'll be set.

(I don't know why they don't keep that in Roaming with their other config files - or, really, why that stuff's not just stored in User.ini.)

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Besesoth posted:

(I don't know why they don't keep that in Roaming with their other config files - or, really, why that stuff's not just stored in User.ini.)

If I had to take a wild guess, it's because WildStar is built from 7 year old code based on tools that serious game developers wouldn't even touch at the time, let alone more than half a decade after they started work on an Eiffel tower made from Popsicle sticks, Elmer's glue and prayers.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Just did my first world boss.

Spent 15 min running around dodging telegraphs and healing, Died when the boss was at about 3% hp and got nothing. No loot, no xp, no message or achievement. Just dead.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
The fix worked; thanks Besesoth!

Brain In A Jar posted:

If I had to take a wild guess, it's because WildStar is built from 7 year old code based on tools that serious game developers wouldn't even touch at the time, let alone more than half a decade after they started work on an Eiffel tower made from Popsicle sticks, Elmer's glue and prayers.

:drat:

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Zephyrine posted:

Just did my first world boss.

Spent 15 min running around dodging telegraphs and healing, Died when the boss was at about 3% hp and got nothing. No loot, no xp, no message or achievement. Just dead.

Have you tried not being a scrublord?

*flies past you on hoverboard rendering everything at 15 fps as the monster truck equivalent of video games engines trundles past, consuming PC resources at a completely retarded rate of knots*

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
Last time I did a world boss as a dps/healer hybrid Esper in Ellevar, mentored to the boss level, I was #3 in damage and #2 in healing done. I think my bronze medal was good for a six slot bag after that ten minute fight. In my experience, it might be mathematically impossible to do a world boss as a low level dude (or a downleveled mentor) and receive anything better than a bronze medal, as long as there's a level 50 involved. There always is. If you can talk all of them into mentoring a dude then maybe there might be some rewards included, who knows :iiam:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Ihki posted:

Last time I did a world boss as a dps/healer hybrid Esper in Ellevar, mentored to the boss level, I was #3 in damage and #2 in healing done. I think my bronze medal was good for a six slot bag after that ten minute fight. In my experience, it might be mathematically impossible to do a world boss as a low level dude (or a downleveled mentor) and receive anything better than a bronze medal, as long as there's a level 50 involved. There always is. If you can talk all of them into mentoring a dude then maybe there might be some rewards included, who knows :iiam:

This was a level 30 boss with... 5 million HP.

How many players are they assuming that every zone has anyway?

We did have a level 50 somewhere I think yes.

It reminds me a bit of Rift where you would return to your quest hub and find 150 mobs there and maybe 3 people to do it with.

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
iirc the damage you take + deal to a world boss is scaled to your level and the amount of people fighting it, which is so guilds can't camp metal maw to easily get the 10 world boss kills needed for attunement

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Tiger Millionaire posted:

iirc the damage you take + deal to a world boss is scaled to your level and the amount of people fighting it, which is so guilds can't camp metal maw to easily get the 10 world boss kills needed for attunement

Though he still had 5 million which feels like a lot even with full damage.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there an idiot dumb dumb baby guide to Stalkers? I'm having a blast so far but the gear side of things is throwing me off. Im just loading up on a random assortment of assault power and crit severity!

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there an idiot dumb dumb baby guide to Stalkers? I'm having a blast so far but the gear side of things is throwing me off. Im just loading up on a random assortment of assault power and crit severity!

Press the button that makes you shiny but also kind of wavy and makes things have big eye symbols over their heads. Next, stand behind the thing and press the purple button with 2 lines on it. This will make big numbers appear, which will help you to forget the deep-seated abandonment issues associated with your parents and family.

Keep pressing this button until it doesn't work anymore. When that happens, press 1 on your keyboard (which should be the button you got when you started playing because you're much too lazy to move anything around) to get more numbers to spend on pressing the 2 line button.

Occasionally you may "need" to press one of the buttons that stops someone doing something, but this is bullshit and if you just don't bother someone else will eventually do it for you, dedicating more time to pressing the button with 2 lines on it.

Eventually the enemy health bar (the red thing) might have no blue thing, and be kind of low like when you eat most of a banana but not the gross bit with the black knob at the end. When the red bar is at gross banana mode, you press the button that makes you do more numbers instead of the 2 red lines.

If you don't have a detailed and lovingly rendered rear end crack in front of you during all of this, you need to run forward a bit and turn around until you can see the rear end.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

I shall...consider this advice, thank you.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Liberatore posted:

In US, the queues for Dominion usually say something like 1m30s but in reality it's closer to 20 seconds. Not sure why anyone would expect Exiles to be more popular, though; Polls don't mean poo poo because the kind of people who answer them represent a small subset of the playerbase. Also, the Dominion are basically goofy Sith with cute mad scientists running around. That will attract a lot of people.

Exiles dominate the server I'm on in every zone. It's weird. Speaking of PVP times though isn't it across all servers?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Aurin are the most popular race. Combined with Exiles also having humans, it's very likely that they're ahead in numbers.

Not to mention that everyone keeps perpetratingperpetuating this strange idea that the Dominion is actually evil, or relatable to evil. This is so untrue, and is probably sending more people to be dumb Aurin than awesome Chua. :stare:

e: freudian slip

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I also wonder why the faction which opens up with literal thought police, the murder of people who are considered 'deviant', gleeful references to genocide and insane individuals who find joy in the former being in positions of power is seen as evil!

Dominion writing is really inconsistent. Start with that sort of stuff and later attempts at making them sympathetic just come across as laughable, you know?

poptart_fairy fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 22, 2014

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Wow, who pissed in your Cheerios?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

a cat on an apple posted:

Aurin are the most popular race. Combined with Exiles also having humans, it's very likely that they're ahead in numbers.

Not to mention that everyone keeps perpetratingperpetuating this strange idea that the Dominion is actually evil, or relatable to evil. This is so untrue, and is probably sending more people to be dumb Aurin than awesome Chua. :stare:

e: freudian slip

Dominion are written just flat out evil. They haven't even attempted any of this grey scale stuff. Just Bioware-esque black/white evil.

The only gray scale that exists in the game does so by accident. For example Mordesh prisoners in Dominion custody would imply that the Dominion develops the very rare and valuable serum to keep them alive and then distributes it among prisoners to keep them alive.

If this was somehow incorporated into the lore then it would help to give the dominion some dimension but it's just a slip by the level designers who added random exile race prisoners.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

They haven't even attempted any of this grey scale stuff. Just Bioware-esque black/white evil.

Things get a lot more grey in the latter half of the world story, especially once you start becoming Drusera's lackey.

Additionally, I could say the same thing about the Exiles - except, ironically, the Exile humans. The Dominion never did anything as large-scale terrorism as inflicting an entire country with a plague, and specifically the exact country that probably produces the majority of Dominion's food. In fact, isn't your Level 15 Adventure (Hycrest Insurrection) specifically about doing that?

Dominion at least have the excuse of piety.

Exiles are just throwing a temper tantrum.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Every time somebody says the Exiles are good guys I just point them to the Mordesh and their angst-fueled genocide quest :godwin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

a cat on an apple posted:

Additionally, I could say the same thing about the Exiles - except, ironically, the Exile humans. The Dominion never did anything as large-scale terrorism as inflicting an entire country with a plague, and specifically the exact country that probably produces the majority of Dominion's food. In fact, isn't your Level 15 Adventure (Hycrest Insurrection) specifically about doing that?

Actually, Galeras is farmland that the Dominion attacked specifically because it was supplying food. They even go out of their way to raze civilian villages. :v:

The point is you were complaining people think of the Dominion of evil, when both the advertising materials and early game point to just that. Unlike the Exiles which are painted as different groups of people coming together for survival, the Dominion is presented as a unified force that unilaterally approves - and commits - the stuff you see in the tutorial. You cannot blame players for getting a warped perception from the poor writing.

• Locked thread