Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I wonder if they'll show Midler in the High Priestess episode, given that Araki's actually drawn her official appearance now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Probably, they could a scene with her or from her point of view, the game also gave some lines to Arabia Fats.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 21, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So, I'm watching Lunar Spiral's reaction video to Episode 12 and she brought up a good point. Why IS there a cat there in the courtyard with Enya?

Pet Shop was already shown in the later parts to attack anything that came nearby the place, so did that cat belong to someone there or what?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, I'm watching Lunar Spiral's reaction video to Episode 12 and she brought up a good point. Why IS there a cat there in the courtyard with Enya?

Pet Shop was already shown in the later parts to attack anything that came nearby the place, so did that cat belong to someone there or what?

It's probably Enya's cat, to enforce her stereotypical witch image.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.
She also clobbers it, in case you were starting to feel any pity towards her.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

That makes sense.

At least she didn't kill the cat, though!

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Because it wasn't a dog

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Obviously the cat is petshops friend.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqvYTLE4aM&t=212s

Watching this video, I've become aware that a JJBA that involved pro-wrestling would be the best thing.

Especially if Dio's entrance theme was "I" by Dio. :allears:

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
jojo part 9 featuring jose joestar, a luchador who's stand he wears on his face as a mask

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

darealkooky posted:

jojo part 9 featuring jose joestar, a luchador who's stand he wears on his face as a mask

So I'm imagining a scene like MASK de Smith from Killer 7 where Jose headbutts a fast moving projectile like it's nothing.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

42. Vanilla Ice - Part 1
43. Vanilla Ice - Part 2
44. Vanilla Ice - Part 3

Hey now, that must always be addressed with it's proper title: The Spirit Of Emptiness, Vanilla Ice

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Spotted in the Strange Fanart Thread.

Edit for tables, didn't realize when I posted it on mobile.

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jun 22, 2014

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That coffin mobile is Danny powered, drat.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Danny's been on fire lately

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tarezax posted:

Car Platinum

Gimme a brake.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Ah! What a marvelous Datsun!

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Cross-post from the anime thread:

Butt Ghost posted:

Oh poo poo, status update on a possible part 4 adaption. It'll be green lit based of the support of Stardust Crusaders, and the decisions of the people involve. (This means yes, right?)

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I'd say part 4 has a good chance of happening, and since Japan loves part 5, that will have to happen to, and hey while we're at it might as well animate part 6.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Yeah. The thing is, Japanese fans will RIOT if they don't get Part 5 as an anime given the current streak, so I don't see there being much chance of them not doing at least parts 4 and 5.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Agent Interrobang posted:

Yeah. The thing is, Japanese fans will RIOT if they don't get Part 5 as an anime given the current streak, so I don't see there being much chance of them not doing at least parts 4 and 5.

If there's enough support from parts 1 and 2 to finance a WHOLE YEAR OF JOJO, I can easily see them doing everything. By the time SBR could reasonably be animated, Jojolion would probably even be finished.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

But what happens if we get to the adaption of Jojolion before Livin' la Vida Loca Libre is finished?

Edit: I'm on the "Cat That Loved Kira" chapters of part 4, and I'm getting some really conflicting feelings. Kira is a loving sociopath, but I can't help but think it's kinda cute that a loving sociopath is showing feelings for a woman.

Butt Ghost fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jun 22, 2014

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
Araki is REALLY good at doing the thing hitchcock did in psycho, and making you root for the small victories of a serial killer because you forgot for a second he's a goddamn serial killer.

You'd almost say he writes a serial killer TOO good :tinfoil:

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Dio just turned into a loving dinosaur. How does he come up with this?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think Araki just takes the craziest thing he can think of and runs with it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Butt Ghost posted:

But what happens if we get to the adaption of Jojolion before Livin' la Vida Loca Libre is finished?

They don't do an anime until it's finished?

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I had a dream with Gappy in it last night. My fiance and I had taken him in and were trying to help him be more normal. Like I made him a longer shirt and we took him out places to socialize. Eventually we gave up and entered him in a fighting tournament so we could bet on him. We made good money.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Butt Ghost posted:

Edit: I'm on the "Cat That Loved Kira" chapters of part 4, and I'm getting some really conflicting feelings. Kira is a loving sociopath, but I can't help but think it's kinda cute that a loving sociopath is showing feelings for a woman.

That's because Kira is the best villain in Jojo by a metric fuckload. Conquering the world, becoming the ultimate life-form? whatever, dude just wants to quietly chill-out with his "girlfriends" and have an uneventful life.

But, more than anything, he does behave like a loving psycho-sexual serial killer would, which makes him interesting. There is also the fact that he is actually the underdog that works for him.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Man, Part 5 is paced so weirdly. It starts off nice and slow, but around halfway through it just becomes non-stop boss battles.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

trucutru posted:

That's because Kira is the best villain in Jojo by a metric fuckload. Conquering the world, becoming the ultimate life-form? whatever, dude just wants to quietly chill-out with his "girlfriends" and have an uneventful life.

But, more than anything, he does behave like a loving psycho-sexual serial killer would, which makes him interesting. There is also the fact that he is actually the underdog that works for him.

More importantly: Despite his seemingly serious façade, he has a lot of odd or downright goofy quirks.

And Jojo as a whole is at its best when there's a combination of two of its more prevalent elements, goofiness being a particularly important one. :allears:

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I think my favorite Kira villian moment is the insane, jabbering horror of the whole bath scene. I don't know if there's another scene in all of Jojo's where one person is more just completely loving powerless against someone else.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

My favorite Kira moment is him just beating the daylights out of Koichi while having a casual conversation about physical health.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The dude changed his sock before attempting to murder him.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Posted this before, but this is my favorite Kira scene. Kira really is the best drat villain.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I've never read the Duwang version of that scene before. Somehow it made Jotaro's watch lines even more hilarious. :allears:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
New JoJolion is out

This entire chapter is just amazing and I'm glad we're past the yotsuyu fight now because we get more crazy family interaction stuff. Also thanks araki for giving us another amazing recipe page

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

FirstAidKite posted:

New JoJolion is out

This entire chapter is just amazing and I'm glad we're past the yotsuyu fight now because we get more crazy family interaction stuff. Also thanks araki for giving us another amazing recipe page

Norisuke is quickly becoming one of my favorite Jojo characters.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Did someone say stag beetles?

RERORERORERORERORERORERORERORERORERORERORERORERO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

New JoJolion is out

I love how Josuke's first reaction to finding out Yasuho is not sleeping on the bed is to check if she's just sleeping under the mattress instead like he does. God, he's such an adorable badass.

• Locked thread