Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

WFGuy posted:

She usually has a buffer, so unless she time travels into the future and back to get ideas from her fans, proooobably not.

I believe her buffer's dried up recently, but still I seriously doubt that Gigi actually decided to look at the Something Awful Dot Com forums, saw that I predicted a joke, and then decided "oh yeah, that's real good, gotta put that in."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think she used to read this thread but when someone posted the Jerkcity/Cucumber Quest mashup, that upset her.

The what?

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

Mr. Lobe posted:

I think she used to read this thread but when someone posted the Jerkcity/Cucumber Quest mashup, that upset her.

I think it was actually people in thread posting a lot of random twitter conversations between her and her friends here that upset her. But on a more relevant note, I cannot get over Cucumber's face in the second panel. He's just having the worst time right now. :smith:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Wind God Sety posted:

I think it was actually people in thread posting a lot of random twitter conversations between her and her friends here that upset her. But on a more relevant note, I cannot get over Cucumber's face in the second panel. He's just having the worst time right now. :smith:

She wasn't specific about what she didn't like, but if I were her I'd be a lot more upset about the idiotic Jerkcity crap than just posting stuff I said on Twitter for everyone to see anyway. However, this thread can also get kind of creepy falling over itself about how much everyone loves GG and CQ.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Safari Disco Lion posted:

She wasn't specific about what she didn't like, but if I were her I'd be a lot more upset about the idiotic Jerkcity crap than just posting stuff I said on Twitter for everyone to see anyway. However, this thread can also get kind of creepy falling over itself about how much everyone loves GG and CQ.

And then after that, everyone falling over themselves to be removed from whichever slight they assume Gigi observed in the thread.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I will never apologize for a jerkcity edit.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Blackheart posted:

You're going good work, keep it up :greencube:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

What was the jerkcity edit again?

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
I don't think it was any one thing (certainly not a single edit), so much as this thread gets weird and obsessive over this comic at times. Such as coming up with crackpot theories supported only by people's overactive imaginations, then missing really obvious plot cues and background details, and finally over-analyzing her tweets and missing the point by a mile. I can't say that with any certainty, but if I spent hundreds of hours of my own free time making a comic I'd planned out for years, putting my heart into it, and adding in all sorts of neat background details, only for people to act weird and obsessive over it/me, I'd probably stop paying attention to threads like this as well.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Christ, don't start it up again. Just go back a few pages.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Wind God Sety posted:

But on a more relevant note, I cannot get over Cucumber's face in the second panel. He's just having the worst time right now. :smith:

The sooner he accepts that his world is a silly place the happier he will be

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Why and how are the facial expressions in this comic so good? :allears:

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

Dr. Fetus posted:

Why and how are the facial expressions in this comic so good? :allears:

Gigi, and Gigi

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blackheart posted:

This porpoise knows what's up :cool:

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Wapole Languray
Jul 4, 2012

Now do Space Moose.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
My favorite part of the last 2 pages is Cucumber realizing what's happening before everyone else. He is the only sane (bunny)man in this world and he just can't handle that he is trapped in a wacky adventure setting. He probably even realizes that the spell is useful deep down but just cannot handle admitting that this is honestly going to work.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wapole Languray posted:

Now do Space Moose.
It's really late and I can't decide which one I like better so you get both of them.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Third Murderer posted:

For anyone who wants it:

[color="#681F10"]But there's one thing[/color] [color="#E15A44"]NOBODY'S[/color] [color="#681F10"]in the mood forrrr...!![/color]

The color tags don't work in forum posts but you get the idea.

This is great. Gonna snatch it up :kimchi:.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ok yeah that one

that one did it

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

ThingOne posted:

This is great. Gonna snatch it up :kimchi:.

Oh good, I'm glad someone bought it. :3:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-515/

:siren: NEW PRINCESS :siren:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Sorry Gigi but we all know the sun wears sunglasses, I'm afraid your webcomic is slipping.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Oh god, sudden violent cute overload.

Gigi you're killin' me :3:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
Okay, so maybe "flying into the sun" isn't as big a deal in Cute Video-Game World.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

My books are packed up, what does the physiognomy of her ears mean kingdom-wise?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

fritz posted:

My books are packed up, what does the physiognomy of her ears mean kingdom-wise?

Sky Kingdom

Yoya fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jun 22, 2014

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

Yoya posted:

Sky Kingdom

Oh, I forgot Puffington's is located in the Sky Kingdom. This should be interesting.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

IMJack posted:

Okay, so maybe "flying into the sun" isn't as big a deal in Cute Video-Game World.

It probably is for the sun.

It's gonna have a huge pizza on it's face at best and an extra-terrestrial Glasgow Kiss at worst.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Omigosh that sun! Move aside Peridot, we have a new cuteness in town.

The balance of political power must swing heavily in favour of the Sky Kingdom if they have control over the sun.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Popo posted:

Omigosh that sun! Move aside Peridot, we have a new cuteness in town.

The balance of political power must swing heavily in favour of the Sky Kingdom if they have control over the sun.

Yeah but I bet their status suffers greatly from being the place where all the magic nerds gather at.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Wait, how is the sun horrifyingly bright from the spaceship but a dreamy hot air balloon from directly underneath?

...maybe I shouldn't examine this too closely.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gigi said the canopy above the princess is magic, don't worry about it.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

"Pointy saucer"...?

They're gonna pop the sun-balloon! :gonk:

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

SexyBlindfold posted:

Yeah but I bet their status suffers greatly from being the place where all the magic nerds gather at.

See, this is why Gigi is a world building genius.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Update during the forum downtime if you missed it.

I hope Pizza King is actually a king. Maybe monarchy doesn't pay the bills.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The very first thing I wanted to do now that the forums have recovered from their disaster is come here to say:

I'm glad this pizza delivery involved a chainsaw.

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Man, Master Roshi fell on hard times. And also became a rabbit.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Tenebrais posted:

Update during the forum downtime if you missed it.

I hope Pizza King is actually a king. Maybe monarchy doesn't pay the bills.

He's the headmaster of Puffington's. It doesn't pay well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

It's just a costume, hopefully based on the real pizza king from the pizza kingdom.