Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch
Yeah it's actually really easy if it's talking about the basement I think it is. You know when you zone in from MC and just ahead is that courtyard area that leads to all the other areas? Instead of going east/west from there, there's a door directly under the ledge where MC zone line is that leads straight down to the basement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

Yeah it's actually really easy if it's talking about the basement I think it is. You know when you zone in from MC and just ahead is that courtyard area that leads to all the other areas? Instead of going east/west from there, there's a door directly under the ledge where MC zone line is that leads straight down to the basement.

Nah, that's the crypt.

It was in the haunted looking area in the north. He needed to find the spots marked Ladder on the map.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
and I did it! I learned I could read, today

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
With this new Free level 85 thing what would you folks recommend to solo old content? I just wanna go check out zones I never got to see in the past.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Kortel posted:

With this new Free level 85 thing what would you folks recommend to solo old content? I just wanna go check out zones I never got to see in the past.

Time lord to go back to when heroic characters were free.

But an SK is the best option to plow trivial content and older raids.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

jetz0r posted:

Time lord to go back to when heroic characters were free.

But an SK is the best option to plow trivial content and older raids.

I must be getting time paradox e-mails from Sony. =/ Dates for four days ago but has them doing free level 85 Heriocs. Ah well.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

SK for sure. At 85 you can solo everything up to Anguish with pretty trash gear, and Anguish is varying levels of doable depending on gear and AA. If you level to 100, the SK can solo pretty much everything up to Underfoot easily barring event-based bullshit just by turning on auto attack and making a sandwich.

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Is it going to be impossible to recover my old character if I have no clue what my last four of my billing card was? Will they take billing address, perhaps?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

L-Boned posted:

Is it going to be impossible to recover my old character if I have no clue what my last four of my billing card was? Will they take billing address, perhaps?

If you remember the account name you'll be fine, just might require some work, especially if the account name isn't you. But depending on what level you were, it's just as easy to level a new character unless you just feel nostalgia (which was me when I spent 3 weeks going back and forth with customer service to get an old account unbanned)

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm. I will have to wait till Monday. But, I see you can level fast and old gear is obsolete so it would merely be for nostalgia's sake.

L-Boned fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jun 15, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Kortel posted:

I must be getting time paradox e-mails from Sony. =/ Dates for four days ago but has them doing free level 85 Heriocs. Ah well.

You can always try bugging customer service, if the email did say a free heroic upgrade, you might be able to talk your way into one if you have a history with soe. You just got this email and really wanted to play, etc.

On3moresoul
Apr 22, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
So I just managed to reactivate my account/log-in after about 10 years. What the hell is going on, Qeynos is overran with beings that con red to my level 35 warrior.

There is so much that is new, numerous new AA's, disciplines, mounts (!?), maps, mercs, quest journal (and apparently multiple types of 'quests' including "missions").

It seems a lot easier to manage dying and soloing is now viable, which is a little bit of a mixed bag. I have to admit, I am pretty disappointed there is hardly no one in old world EverQuest, all of the zones I recognize and love are empty. I walked over to Crushbone to smash up Ambassador D'Vinn while I was logged in last night.

Any great resources to look over form a lore stand point to understand what has been going on?

Also, as a level 35 warrior still in crafted gear should I focus on getting some platinum so I can buy off of the marketplace or is there an easy route to getting a new standard of gear going? I recall being slightly undergeared when I stopped playing back around when Luclin came out.

E: Since when has the entrance to butcherblock been on the south side of Greater Faydark? I remember it being north west, along the ridge that houses the entrance to Crushbone.

On3moresoul fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 19, 2014

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

On3moresoul posted:

So I just managed to reactivate my account/log-in after about 10 years. What the hell is going on, Qeynos is overran with beings that con red to my level 35 warrior.

There is so much that is new, numerous new AA's, disciplines, mounts (!?), maps, mercs, quest journal (and apparently multiple types of 'quests' including "missions").

It seems a lot easier to manage dying and soloing is now viable, which is a little bit of a mixed bag. I have to admit, I am pretty disappointed there is hardly no one in old world EverQuest, all of the zones I recognize and love are empty. I walked over to Crushbone to smash up Ambassador D'Vinn while I was logged in last night.

Any great resources to look over form a lore stand point to understand what has been going on?

Also, as a level 35 warrior still in crafted gear should I focus on getting some platinum so I can buy off of the marketplace or is there an easy route to getting a new standard of gear going? I recall being slightly undergeared when I stopped playing back around when Luclin came out.

E: Since when has the entrance to butcherblock been on the south side of Greater Faydark? I remember it being north west, along the ridge that houses the entrance to Crushbone.

I found this guide when I came back for a bit. Pretty solid.

I would assume you're playing on Test (unless you have friends playing, you should be on Test) in which case just beg for some plat from general chat to afford a merc and don't worry about gear until you hit 60 or so.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

On3moresoul posted:

They're part of the launch event for the new zone, Tower of Rot.

quote:

Read the OP, it's really good and has links to Zilz's site that has some good recaps of features added in each expansion.

quote:

Quick note, the bazaar is where players sell things, and the marketplace is the station cash SOE store. Don't spend real money on gear for a level 35. The gear you're gonna be looking for in the baz is <adjective> Defiant armor. Use /baz and filter to your level with search word 'defiant', then refine from there. It should be cheap, it's a game wide global drop from mobs of the appropriate levels. The various Defiant tiers are the main source of gear up till the mid 70s/80, when tradable items from newer expansions becomes common.

Butcherblock, and Gfay are two old zones that haven't been revamped, so they're pretty much the same as always!

tehfeer
Jan 15, 2004
Do they speak english in WHAT?
Does anyone else feel ripped off by this expac? A whole 6 zones with half of them being quest hubs/small copy and pasted tower of lame and no t-3 or 4 content.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

tehfeer posted:

Does anyone else feel ripped off by this expac? A whole 6 zones with half of them being quest hubs/small copy and pasted tower of lame and no t-3 or 4 content.

Yes.

But not having 4 tiers is a good change, imo. Middle tiers end up being content that gets skipped as quickly as possible because the gear isn't as good as other options, and is harder to get than the entry tier. Having the middle chunk of an expansion be designed only as a bypassable stepping stone is a waste of dev effort.

tehfeer
Jan 15, 2004
Do they speak english in WHAT?
That is a very good point its not so much the lack of t3 and t4 gear as the lack of actual zones and content to complete. I do not raid so I have no idea how the raid content compares but I blew through all of CoTF group content in about 2 days. I was pretty excited about tower of rot until I checked it out. A whole 1 HA, the zone is small and what feels like a copy paste job, and that ramp :suicide:. I have spent a few weeks working on RoF and am not even half way through it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

tehfeer posted:

That is a very good point its not so much the lack of t3 and t4 gear as the lack of actual zones and content to complete. I do not raid so I have no idea how the raid content compares but I blew through all of CoTF group content in about 2 days. I was pretty excited about tower of rot until I checked it out. A whole 1 HA, the zone is small and what feels like a copy paste job, and that ramp :suicide:. I have spent a few weeks working on RoF and am not even half way through it.

It's just as bad on the raid side. But the lack of content in each release has been stinging us since rof t3. This slow dribble of content really sucks for eq, once release a year is also pretty slow. I thought they were really close in RoF with the T3 release. If T3 had been bumped back a bit and combined with the T4 zones into one big T3, it would have felt a lot better.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Chelsith definitely feels like a tier or 2 above. Maybe we just lack a couple more good tanks, but those emotes will troll the poo poo out of you. 3tank swaps in a row. Kiting aura not instantly going away when his rage subsides so you get summoned and aurad in one shot.

It's IMO one of the best and funnest ROF raid, but goddamn it will poo poo on you if you're off the ball just a bit.

We also found out a big problem for us in DH. It was swarm pets, dear God it's always swarm pets. We dealt with that and got him to like 1%. Once we have a day with our best players on and a few more splashes I think we will win. Same for the rest of HoF, we really need a couple more of our carriers to get on.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Oh and we just had a bunch of people filibustering our suggestion to parse the guild and help people improve. They are afraid people that parse 13k or cast 9 spells for an event will leave :psyduck: like that would be some kind of detriment.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

But but a warm body is always better than a box, even though our boxes top parses and those 9 spell per event shitlords wipe us constantly by failing emotes :byodood:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

We also found out a big problem for us in DH. It was swarm pets, dear God it's always swarm pets. We dealt with that and got him to like 1%. Once we have a day with our best players on and a few more splashes I think we will win. Same for the rest of HoF, we really need a couple more of our carriers to get on.

Do swarm pets spawn rotting corpses? Cause he's always surrounded by a flock of flying monkeys in our raids.

darkhand posted:

Oh and we just had a bunch of people filibustering our suggestion to parse the guild and help people improve. They are afraid people that parse 13k or cast 9 spells for an event will leave :psyduck: like that would be some kind of detriment.

Do it anyways.

Information wants to be FREEEEEE, man. Setup gamparse to show the most people you can and split out that parse in boss and boss+adds after each event. Save cast parses by class, try to get heal parses from all the tanks. Don't bother posting those till you talk to the worst of each bunch.

The shitters need help getting better, shaming them won't do it. Here's how I do X, give this weave a try, etc. If you're aggressive in attitude, they'll dig in and be stubborn about it. But most people will want to get better if it's not presented confrontationaly. Some will be like 'I've been playing like this for 17 years, I'm not changing now", they're hopeless.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 20, 2014

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

jetz0r posted:

Do swarm pets spawn rotting corpses? Cause he's always surrounded by a flock of flying monkeys in our raids.
They definitely have for us. We had a cleric pet die when the dot came out and within the same second we had a corpse spawn. We had other times where the dot would instantly spawn corpses, like 8-9, and that many people didn't die. It could be a huge coincidence or we're missing something, but we banned all temporary pets and it's vastly improved us so far. Not down yet, but pretty dang close.

jetz0r posted:

Do it anyways.

Information wants to be FREEEEEE, man. Setup gamparse to show the most people you can and split out that parse in boss and boss+adds after each event. Save cast parses by class, try to get heal parses from all the tanks. Don't bother posting those till you talk to the worst of each bunch.

The shitters need help getting better, shaming them won't do it. Here's how I do X, give this weave a try, etc. If you're aggressive in attitude, they'll dig in and be stubborn about it. But most people will want to get better if it's not presented confrontationaly. Some will be like 'I've been playing like this for 17 years, I'm not changing now", they're hopeless.
This is definitely something we're aiming to try. The people that want help will get it and the people that don't will just eventually cease to be invited to raids. People flipped out so hard on posting raid parses in our forums, so I think we'll just post them privately in a subforum for officers. It's such a stupid thing to argue about though because most of the people are always asking for parses after an event.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 20, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

This is definitely something we're aiming to try. The people that want help will get it and the people that don't will just eventually cease to be invited to raids. People flipped out so hard on posting raid parses in our forums, so I think we'll just post them privately in a subforum for officers. It's such a stupid thing to argue about though because most of the people are always asking for parses after an event.

Keep pasting dps parses after events, make sure they go deeper than top 10. In events with adds that need DPS to break off from the boss to kill, be sure to post the add+boss combined first and the just boss parse a bit later. If you've got some class leader type players, tell them you've seen some parses that show their class could be doing better and tell them to try some things out to meet a goal 10-15kdps higher on a good parse fight.

DPS classes should be competitive within their own class at least. Seeing a ranking after every fight should spur that on.

The low cast number priests should be pointed to the posts in the priests forums on eqlive about spell multibinds and some cast orders. It's both easier and better than whatever they're doing.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

We're already talking about/doing all of that, you just don't understand Test. One of our officers just posted a bigass dps parse over every raid in one night with everyone shown and people are already rebelling for being passively shown to suck for doing 13k dps as a necro by casting 9 total spells.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

We're already talking about/doing all of that, you just don't understand Test. One of our officers just posted a bigass dps parse over every raid in one night with everyone shown and people are already rebelling for being passively shown to suck for doing 13k dps as a necro by casting 9 total spells.

Please tell me they were all swiftdots.

I had to call out a shm in my last guild for casting swiftdots a year after they were nerfed, while our necros were complaining about running out of debuff slots.

One of the nice effects is that parses show the shitheads who afk through the raids.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Nope 4 real dots then he spammed nukes.

Not for the necro burn that requires a nuke between each dot...just nuking. Occasionally.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

Nope 4 real dots then he spammed nukes.

Not for the necro burn that requires a nuke between each dot...just nuking. Occasionally.

Ban.

No AFKing on raids. You're expected to have a loving clue what your class does.

I can beat his dps while keeping my group alive and getting top 5 in heal parses on 3 tanks. And dps is his only loving job.

Can I testcopy and thunderdome against your DPSes? I bet I could talk one of our mages into doing it, too. So most of them can lose to a priest, and everyone can lose to him.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

jetz0r posted:

Can I testcopy and thunderdome against your DPSes? I bet I could talk one of our mages into doing it, too. So most of them can lose to a priest, and everyone can lose to him.

What days do you raid? We're up to half a group of RoI who will testcopy to blow things up.

catrkoraz
Sep 9, 2006

jetz0r posted:

What days do you raid? We're up to half a group of RoI who will testcopy to blow things up.

I could be interested too depending on the day.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
I can't blow things up as a paladin so this really isn't fair.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
Started a Zerker on the server. I already forget what to really do after the mines. I tend grind pretty hard then sputter out around the Loping Plains and quit for a few years.

I think the big thing is the mercs kinda killed the game for me. Sure you can grind at any time now, but it was always funner when you had other people to group with.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
(You wouldn't have people to grind with 95% of the time anyway until you got close to level cap and even then a lot of people prefer mercs. :ssh:)

Although I'll fully admit I preferred mercs for 99% of stuff too for selfish reasons. If I want to ninja afk or just log out because I'm bored the mercs don't give a poo poo. If there's people I dragged out for something I'd feel bad just ditching them.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
Anyone mind posting the content of launchpad.ini please, I'm having a wonderful time getting this loving this working.

and launcher.ini too, please.

bluegoon fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jun 22, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

I don't have a launcher.ini in my eq dir

(live)
[Settings]
appName=EverQuest
id=eq
height=617
width=915

(beta)
[Settings]
appName=EverQuest
id=eq
environment=beta
height=617
width=915

(test)
[Settings]
appName=EverQuest
id=eq
environment=test
height=617
width=915

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless
How do you not play in the Crescent Reach? This zone blows. I want to start out at the traditional ones.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

jetz0r posted:

We raid Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday at 7pm EST(6pm Central), for about 4 hours.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

We raid Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday at 7pm EST(6pm Central), for about 4 hours.

Tuesday then, hopefully I'm not busy building bear fences.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

L-Boned posted:

How do you not play in the Crescent Reach? This zone blows. I want to start out at the traditional ones.

Zone out into Blightfire Moors and hug the right wall until you get to the PoK stone. Click it, and from PoK you can go to whatever newbie zone you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L-Boned
Sep 11, 2001

by FactsAreUseless

saintonan posted:

Zone out into Blightfire Moors and hug the right wall until you get to the PoK stone. Click it, and from PoK you can go to whatever newbie zone you want.

Thanks a bunch.