Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Don't be mean to Eddie Kingston. Being Eddie Kingston is punishment enough.

Put this on a sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Ah okay. Still, he'd probably punch Bard in the face.

I'm hoping he tries to chase me and tires after running for 20 seconds because cardio is difficult.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

coconono posted:

I genuinely tried to watch Chikara but Eddie Kingston is every single thing I hate about bad wrestling and wrestlers in one tubby out of shape body.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Gavok posted:

NPWD is when he got in a (losing) brawl with a 6-year-old.

I gotta know, what's the story behind this?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Shynron is pretty cool and I'm going to guess it's only a matter of time before he eventually starts getting better bookings just based on how insanely athletic he is. Guy would probably do really well in DG or something.

Suben fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 19, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

coconono posted:

The highlight of Ashes will always be the boom mic picking up the loud pop in Eddie's nasty knee when he dramatically stands up.

BlueArmyMan posted:

I gotta know, what's the story behind this?

They had Eddie vs. Dasher Hatfield and mid-match Eddie was taking a walk outside the ring. Some kid got in his grill with Bryce trying to break it up. Eddie acted like he was going to fight the kid and the kid kicked him in the shin. Eddie sold it like he just got kicked by Tajiri.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Yuriy posted:

I genuinely tried to watch Chikara but Eddie Kingston is every single thing I hate about bad wrestling and wrestlers in one tubby out of shape body.

My first exposure to watching Eddie Kingston for any real length of time was watching he and Akira Tozawa kick the dogsnot out of each other at the King of Trios I attended. He's pretty damned far from my favourite wrestler, or the types of things I normally enjoy about wrestling, but it's hard to hate him after that introduction.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

Gavok posted:

The highlight of Ashes will always be the boom mic picking up the loud pop in Eddie's nasty knee when he dramatically stands up.

They had Eddie vs. Dasher Hatfield and mid-match Eddie was taking a walk outside the ring. Some kid got in his grill with Bryce trying to break it up. Eddie acted like he was going to fight the kid and the kid kicked him in the shin. Eddie sold it like he just got kicked by Tajiri.

And the stuff he was saying to "security" and Bryce were great, basically "Get that brat outta there, I'm not booked to fight him, I coulda been hurt" etc. That whole section of kids were awesome on NPWD. I'm sorry, but if your heart doesn't cheer hearing 6 o7 little kids yell out "Look out behind you!" to warn a face the bad guy is charging after him, you might not have a soul.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

coconono posted:

Hey, at least he's not Jigsaw...

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Perry Normal posted:

My first exposure to watching Eddie Kingston for any real length of time was watching he and Akira Tozawa kick the dogsnot out of each other at the King of Trios I attended. He's pretty damned far from my favourite wrestler, or the types of things I normally enjoy about wrestling, but it's hard to hate him after that introduction.
There was a period of time when Eddie Kingston was cutting insanely good promos, probably the best on the indies, and putting on some of the greatest matches. Then Larry Sweeny passed on and his offensive primarily change to limping around and being highly immobile.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Flameingblack posted:

There was a period of time when Eddie Kingston was cutting insanely good promos, probably the best on the indies, and putting on some of the greatest matches. Then Larry Sweeny passed on and his offensive primarily change to limping around and being highly immobile.

He also tore something in his knee.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

He also tore something in his knee.
He doesn't have those anymore.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Yuriy posted:

Watch him before he lost what was left of his legs. The guy was good, had surprisingly good cardio for a guy his size and had been slimming for a bit. He's not the best wrestler in the world, but at the time with a lot of the indy departures, he was looking like he could be a name in the indies.

Then, Larry Sweeney happened and at about the same time, Kingston's knees retired from wrestling. And things got.. well, not good.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

That big fucker came out and killed the purple ant because he lost. Then Gavin Loudspeaker was like "yeaaaah let's give it up for The Colony!!"

Fun show though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Bard Maddox posted:

That big fucker came out and killed the purple ant because he lost. Then Gavin Loudspeaker was like "yeaaaah let's give it up for The Colony!!"

Fun show though.

How'd your Eddie Kingston trolling go?

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Midwest results from the 101 forum (taken from various twitters)

"Quantum of Solace" (Chicago Afternoon show)
Max Smashmaster from the Devastation Corporation was having travel issues and didn't make it in time for this show.

1. The Throwbacks def. Submission Squad (Evan Gelistico & Gary the Barn Owl) to earn their third point.

2. Ophidian def. Heidi Lovelace. Heidi was replacing Jaka, who was pulled to take Smashmaster's place in the main event.

3. The Baltic Seige (Latvian Proud Oak & Lithuanian Snow Troll) def. The Bloc Party (Mr. Azerbaijan & Prakash Sabar) via rollup. Bloc Party beat down the Seige after the match.

4. Worker Ant def. DeviANT with a Pumphandle GTS.

5. Pieces of Hate def. AC/DC (Arik Cannon & Darin Corbin) with the Jig'n'Tonic.

6. Proletariat Boar of Moldova def. Estonian Thunderfrog with the BOAR BOAR BOAR. Boar continued to attack after the match, but the rest of the Baltic Seige made the save.

7. The Spectral Envoy def. The Wrecking Crew (Jaka, Blaster McMassive, Oleg the Usurper) when Mantis tapped Oleg to the Chikara Special.

"Diamonds are Forever" (Chicago Evening show)

0. Chuck Taylor def. Shynron in a match during the "Expansion Pack" pre-show event.

1. Old Fashioned (Jervis Cottonbelly & Marion Fontaine) def. Los Ice Creams.

2. Max Smashmaster def. Jojo Bravo with a moonsault. Bravo is local talent.

3. Blind Rage def. Mat Fitchett.

4. The Odditorium (Oliver Grimsley & Qefka the Quiet) def. The Batiri via DQ when the Batiri continued to attack them without going for a pin.

5. Juan Francisco de Coronado def. Billy Roc. JFDC ended the intermission with a long promo leading into his match.

6. The Colony (Fire Ant & Silver Ant) def. Colony XTREME Force (Orbit Adventure Ant & Missile Assault Ant) via tapout when Silver Ant tapped Orbit to the Chikara Special.

7. Jimmy Jacobs def. Eddie Kingston. Mid-match, Jacobs started talking to Kingston, mentioning "her" and bringing King to a halt, especially when Jacobs said that he could help King get "her" back. After thinking about it, King let Jacobs hit him with a spear and didn't try to kick out.

3Peck0 vs BDK was thrown out when the Flood swarmed the ring, leading to a tecnico rescue. It was changed to a 10-man tag.

8. 3Peck0 & The Batiri def. BDK & The Odditorium with a rollup.

"Goldfinger" (Detroit show)

1. The Throwbacks won 4-Corner Survival, overcoming the BDK (Tursas & Nøkken), the Odditorium, & AC/DC. This gives the Throwbacks four points.

2. Ophidian def. Movado, who is local talent.

3. Jaka def. Estonian Thunderfrog with his feet on the ropes.

4. Devastation Corporation (Smashmaster/McMassive) def. 3.0 with a top-rope senton by Smashmaster.

5. Chuck Taylor def. Jervis Cottonbelly.

6. The Spectral Envoy (Mantis, Hallowicked, Frightmare, Blind Rage) def. Missile Assault Ant & GEKIDO (17, Shard, Jigsaw)

7. Eddie Kingston def. Shynron after Jimmy Jacobs came out and whispered something to Kingston.

8. The Colony & The Batiri def. The Flood (Jacobs, Ares, DeviANT, Oleg the Usurper, and one of Jacobs' "plague doctor" goons). DeviANT ate the pinfall.

Post-match, Deucalion (the big masked man from the return show) came out and killed DeviANT the same way he killed Kobald.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Midwest results from the 101 forum (taken from various twitters)

"Quantum of Solace" (Chicago Afternoon show)
Max Smashmaster from the Devastation Corporation was having travel issues and didn't make it in time for this show.

1. The Throwbacks def. Submission Squad (Evan Gelistico & Gary the Barn Owl) to earn their third point.

2. Ophidian def. Heidi Lovelace. Heidi was replacing Jaka, who was pulled to take Smashmaster's place in the main event.

3. The Baltic Seige (Latvian Proud Oak & Lithuanian Snow Troll) def. The Bloc Party (Mr. Azerbaijan & Prakash Sabar) via rollup. Bloc Party beat down the Seige after the match.

4. Worker Ant def. DeviANT with a Pumphandle GTS.

5. Pieces of Hate def. AC/DC (Arik Cannon & Darin Corbin) with the Jig'n'Tonic.

6. Proletariat Boar of Moldova def. Estonian Thunderfrog with the BOAR BOAR BOAR. Boar continued to attack after the match, but the rest of the Baltic Seige made the save.

7. The Spectral Envoy def. The Wrecking Crew (Jaka, Blaster McMassive, Oleg the Usurper) when Mantis tapped Oleg to the Chikara Special.

"Diamonds are Forever" (Chicago Evening show)

0. Chuck Taylor def. Shynron in a match during the "Expansion Pack" pre-show event.

1. Old Fashioned (Jervis Cottonbelly & Marion Fontaine) def. Los Ice Creams.

2. Max Smashmaster def. Jojo Bravo with a moonsault. Bravo is local talent.

3. Blind Rage def. Mat Fitchett.

4. The Odditorium (Oliver Grimsley & Qefka the Quiet) def. The Batiri via DQ when the Batiri continued to attack them without going for a pin.

5. Juan Francisco de Coronado def. Billy Roc. JFDC ended the intermission with a long promo leading into his match.

6. The Colony (Fire Ant & Silver Ant) def. Colony XTREME Force (Orbit Adventure Ant & Missile Assault Ant) via tapout when Silver Ant tapped Orbit to the Chikara Special.

7. Jimmy Jacobs def. Eddie Kingston. Mid-match, Jacobs started talking to Kingston, mentioning "her" and bringing King to a halt, especially when Jacobs said that he could help King get "her" back. After thinking about it, King let Jacobs hit him with a spear and didn't try to kick out.

3Peck0 vs BDK was thrown out when the Flood swarmed the ring, leading to a tecnico rescue. It was changed to a 10-man tag.

8. 3Peck0 & The Batiri def. BDK & The Odditorium with a rollup.

"Goldfinger" (Detroit show)

1. The Throwbacks won 4-Corner Survival, overcoming the BDK (Tursas & Nøkken), the Odditorium, & AC/DC. This gives the Throwbacks four points.

2. Ophidian def. Movado, who is local talent.

3. Jaka def. Estonian Thunderfrog with his feet on the ropes.

4. Devastation Corporation (Smashmaster/McMassive) def. 3.0 with a top-rope senton by Smashmaster.

5. Chuck Taylor def. Jervis Cottonbelly.

6. The Spectral Envoy (Mantis, Hallowicked, Frightmare, Blind Rage) def. Missile Assault Ant & GEKIDO (17, Shard, Jigsaw)

7. Eddie Kingston def. Shynron after Jimmy Jacobs came out and whispered something to Kingston.

8. The Colony & The Batiri def. The Flood (Jacobs, Ares, DeviANT, Oleg the Usurper, and one of Jacobs' "plague doctor" goons). DeviANT ate the pinfall.

Post-match, Deucalion (the big masked man from the return show) came out and killed DeviANT the same way he killed Kobald.

I guess with all these "deaths" they're setting up an actual rudo resurrection.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

How'd your Eddie Kingston trolling go?

I was too far away but he did yell at a dude in the front row after his really awful match

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Interestingly, the "I am Chikara!" type wrestlers nearly swept the Flood across the weekend 7-2. The Flood's only wins came in the form of Jaka beating Thunderfrog, DevCorp beating 3.0 and matches with outside talent. So the real story is no longer the Flood's impressive numbers, but the fact that Deucalion will murder both his enemies and any of his underlings who he feels has failed him.

Meanwhile, Icarus appears to be Daniel Brying it up with his concussion, as he wasn't at any of the shows. Kingston must have knocked the gently caress out of him.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.

quote:

Max Smashmaster def. Jojo Bravo with a moonsault.

:monocle: Just imagining a guy that big pulling off a move that flippy...

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Jojo Bravo is pretty cool. I know he's kind of a staple around the Texas indies (ACW and their off-shoot Saint Louis Anarchy, mostly). Saw him at Inspire Pro against Tadasuke last month. He is The Heaviest Sumo in the Land.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

There was a Wrestling is Fun show tonight. The only important thing in regards to Chikara is that the Pieces of Hate got their belts back from Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy, so I guess everything's back to normal there.

Oh, and there's a blog post up by Director of Fun Quack, who has wiped all the tag points back to zero from before You Only Live Twice. So... I guess that Quack/Shane Storm plot thread is gone with a whimper.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Best thing about WiF! tonight was the debut of the "Mathmagician", an evil masked math teacher gimmick. He had numbers written all over his tights and mask. It was pretty amazing.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

There was a Wrestling is Fun show tonight. The only important thing in regards to Chikara is that the Pieces of Hate got their belts back from Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy, so I guess everything's back to normal there.

Oh, and there's a blog post up by Director of Fun Quack, who has wiped all the tag points back to zero from before You Only Live Twice. So... I guess that Quack/Shane Storm plot thread is gone with a whimper.

Did Shane Storm retire or something? He, even more than Jigsaw or Icarus, was my most hated CHIKARA wrestler.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Did Shane Storm retire or something? He, even more than Jigsaw or Icarus, was my most hated CHIKARA wrestler.

He's semi-retired, I think. After the UnStable broke up (which he was a part of as STIGMA), he quietly disappeared. When Wrestling Is Fun started up, he started wrestling there again, and eventually became Shane Storm again, but he hasn't been in Chikara since it returned.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Shane Storm hasn't wrestled since Wrestling is Fun! stopped running in Allentown, PA. Kind of weird, they build up his babyface run, then he wrestles like twice as Shane Storm again and then disappears.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.

Gavok posted:

So are the points from You Only Live Twice and the Chicago events valid? If so, Throwbacks have four.

DM Punk posted:

Best thing about WiF! tonight was the debut of the "Mathmagician", an evil masked math teacher gimmick. He had numbers written all over his tights and mask. It was pretty amazing.

Mathematico?!

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

DM Punk posted:

Shane Storm hasn't wrestled since Wrestling is Fun! stopped running in Allentown, PA. Kind of weird, they build up his babyface run, then he wrestles like twice as Shane Storm again and then disappears.

Not true. Shane Storm's wrestled in Easton a few times for WIF. He was Knight Eye for the Pirate Guy's other partner the night that Oleg the Usurper killed Dragon Dragon.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Speaking of Dragon Dragon getting killed, are Kobald and deviANT supposed to be dead or just out of comission?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Suben posted:

Speaking of Dragon Dragon getting killed, are Kobald and deviANT supposed to be dead or just out of comission?

They are dead man, what kind of sick joke is this?

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

DM Punk posted:

I remember Colt bringing up a gimmick like that on his podcast a while back. I want to say it was Jimmy Jacobs' brother but I'm not sure. It was someone's brother

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Tarodia posted:

I remember Colt bringing up a gimmick like that on his podcast a while back. I want to say it was Jimmy Jacobs' brother but I'm not sure. It was someone's brother

Jimmy Jacobs' brother was Dr. Numbers, who did a parody of the Dudleys' "get the tables!" thing by reading his opponents the times tables. Raven loved it so much that he referenced it in a promo before his match with Jimmy.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

DM Punk posted:

Apparently he was unmasked and was identified by some in the audience as a local math teacher. If that's true, that's pretty awesome and a far less shady version of Matt Striker's origins.

OmegaBR posted:

So are the points from You Only Live Twice and the Chicago events valid? If so, Throwbacks have four.

I imagine they'll get a title shot at the NYC show (which has no announced matches despite being in 3 weeks) and probably lose, considering their booking has been a little too one-sided and Cena-esque lately.

KungFu Grip posted:

They are dead man, what kind of sick joke is this?

Deucalion is a murderer and I don't know how to accept that.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

Gavok posted:

Apparently he was unmasked and was identified by some in the audience as a local math teacher. If that's true, that's pretty awesome and a far less shady version of Matt Striker's origins.

So, Harris Postale unmasked him during the match and rolled him up for the 3. After the match, they give the mic to a little kid who identified the dude has his math teach, Mr. Tinklefeather. A few matches later, the came out and announced that since he was de-masked during the match, WiF's commisioner Harvery Toppenmiddlebottom has reversed the decision and now Tinklefeather won via DQ. He then announced that since his identity was revealed, he must leave and never come back. He then walked out with his gear bag thru the front door.

Yeah, that all happened.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
What the gently caress are these last names.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

What the gently caress are these last names.

The best part is I used to get paypal receipts saying "You just sent $20 to Harvey Toppenmiddlebottom!" which I thought was hilarious. It's since been changed to say I sent money to John Doe which is a much lamer name.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

Are none of the upcoming shows going to be iPPV? I need my Ice Creams fix :(

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

fuzzy_logic posted:

Are none of the upcoming shows going to be iPPV? I need my Ice Creams fix :(

Probably not until we get closer to the end of the year. Chikara tends to do only one or two iPPVs a year to keep from overdoing it. Those tend to be mid-year, either for Aniversario (May) or Chikarasaurus Rex (June), and for the "season finale" last show of the year (November or December).

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

Whoa, looks like they got their own Network streaming. Go to store.wrestlingis.com, there's an unlimited streaming plan in beta now. Monthly subscription to watch the old dvd releases it looks like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Del Raminos
Feb 13, 2012

Maffew presents ChikaraMania 2013

• Locked thread