Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Rand Brittain posted:

Oh god the author twitter says Spender is 26. That makes him younger than me. This is terrible.

Same, but it does explain his Anime Reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Fried Chicken posted:

I hate being the poo poo who says anything about the art, but something about her nose bothers me.

Maybe it's because compared to the other art of her it looks very different

I dunno I'll shut up now

I was actually thinking the same thing, yeah.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Someday this will get reliably linked.

Alt text: Fourth to Zoey 'cause she's way cooler than you

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Max's mom should probably put out her cigarette.

I know she's too cool for school but she isn't too cool for a premature death via lung cancer!

w-wait

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Line Feed posted:

I was actually thinking the same thing, yeah.

That nose is definitely messing with my head, especially in the last panel.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Considering the timeline, I wouldn't be surprised if this sequence of events is the last time Max ever saw his mom-either resulting from an accident at the "Hole Pit" (Which given the name isn't exactly out of the question) or possibly an accident immediately thereafter. Hell, it could even be the reason why he wants to see her so much-if he feels (However indirectly) responsible for her death, he may very well want to try and apologize for it. Or he might just really want to see her again regardless, but that's hardly speculation. :v:

One thing I did consider while typing up this post, though, is if Scrapdragon is capable of seeing this scene. We know that spirits are capable of utilizing their spectral's senses and feeling their emotions, but are they capable of seeing into their dreams?

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
On the last page, there is no welding mask on, but on the new one she's wearing one. So did we segue from a vision into a flashback? Am I over-thinking this?

Nick_326
Nov 3, 2011

History's Latest Monster
Probably!

Switching gears, Zack did a guest strip for a webcomic I'm unfamiliar with but will now have to start reading:

http://www.clcomic.com/archives/comic/guest-page-by-zack-morrison

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'm wondering: could Johnny, and if the fan theories are correct, RJ even leave mayville or would the bubble prevent them?

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

horriblePencilist posted:

I'm wondering: could Johnny, and if the fan theories are correct, RJ even leave mayville or would the bubble prevent them?

Wait, has it been said somewhere that Johnny's a spectral?

I'm still not sure on RJ. Which I think is the point.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I"m assuming because Johhny manage to see the lighting? But that can't be true because Issac said non spectrals can see,feel and hear his stuff because half of his powers are external materials.

edit: Issac only panicked because he though Johnny was KO'd when he fought that one spirit.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Yeah, that's what I thought. Issac's possession powers all manifest as normal things (thunder, lightning, etc) that anybody can see and hear.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
In fact, Zack specifically went back and edited out where Johnny saw all the spirits and stuff from the last panel on a strip because it wouldn't jive with his continuity of only spectrals seeing spirits, so Johnny definitely is neither ghost nor spectral.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Madrox posted:

On the last page, there is no welding mask on, but on the new one she's wearing one. So did we segue from a vision into a flashback? Am I over-thinking this?

You can see the sparks though, they're the same as panel 1 of the next page. I think Zack just forgot to draw the headband in.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Either way, if anyone in Johnny's gang is a spectral, we'll find out once they reach the barrier.

Cthulhuite
Mar 22, 2007

Shwmae!

Renaissance Robot posted:

You can see the sparks though, they're the same as panel 1 of the next page. I think Zack just forgot to draw the headband in.

She's pulling it off in the third panel.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Rrright, but it's not there at all on the previous page...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

horriblePencilist posted:

Theories? Plural? I was just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing if it stuck, you mean someone else thought that, too?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Poison Mushroom posted:

Theories? Plural? I was just throwing stuff at the wall and seeing if it stuck, you mean someone else thought that, too?
Ever since we saw their glorious mane.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's because we all want Johnny to use that plunger.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Madrox posted:

Rrright, but it's not there at all on the previous page...

Zack is usually pretty quick to correct little art things he's forgotten after posting the comic. More likely it's not on the previous page because it would be confusing for the reader/ruin the "reveal" of her welding in the next page. On that earlier page we're supposed to know it's Max's mom, not what she's doing.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Yeah, it looks like the sort of thing you can read as segueing from a general memory to a more specific one. Max might have started remembering this moment, then realized, "Oh yeah, she had that welding mask on."

Keromaru5 fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 22, 2014

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
We're back: http://www.paranatural.net/index.php?id=269

Alt text popcorn can be as crunchy as you want... IN YOUR DREAMS... why do we spoiler this anyway

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
So I guess that's who Spider was.

heenato
Oct 26, 2010

We wish to communicate with you!
Rude, Boss leader. You don't see Max interrupting YOUR flashbacks to mother with noisy eating.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.
Boss Leader, Spender nearly got his students killed and is currently failing to kill an anvil man while the train runs around and he killed Eightfold can you please fire him?????

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Meowjesty posted:

Boss Leader, Spender nearly got his students killed and is currently failing to kill an anvil man while the train runs around and he killed Eightfold can you please fire him?????

It does make me wonder how Spender figured he was going to hide anything from someone who can waltz into other peoples dreams.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
I absolutely love the way this page ends.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Matlock Birthmark posted:

It does make me wonder how Spender figured he was going to hide anything from someone who can waltz into other peoples dreams.
Well, that's why he was super-paranoid about closing his dream door when he was going to his meeting with Boss Leader.

Man, the inevitable scene when someone barges into Spender's mind and finds that caged up hellspawn thing is going to be great. Bonus points if it's Max. "Hey Mr. Spender, I was gonna... Hm? Hmmmmmmmmmm?"

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat

Tupperwarez posted:

Well, that's why he was super-paranoid about closing his dream door when he was going to his meeting with Boss Leader.

Certainly makes the internal investigation a bit more threatening. We're sending Agent Day to investigate. Oh, and I'll be watching the subconscious thoughts of everyone you associate with.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
I'm gonna GUESS that Boss Leader NORMALLY can't barge into unconscious thoughts of people inside the dome, but then max when and got knocked unconscious outside the dome so BL grabbed the opportunity to check to see if there's anything useful in his head.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
I've got a feeling this is one of the reasons Spender operates on a need-to-know basis with his pupils.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
Well, that explains that. Boss Leader is a medium for a spirit of dreams. And also capable of really unsettling crap if panel six is any indication.

VV. Sorry, it was 4am when I woke up, saw the update and made that post. I'll remember for future.

Matlock Birthmark fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 27, 2014

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Guys it is not hard to link

Also that explains a lot. Boss Leader keeps the whole dream-team communication system running, rather than it just being a Thing spectrals do.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

JESUS CHRIST gently caress BOSS LEADER THAT PANEL AAA

ThisIsNoZaku
Apr 22, 2013

Pew Pew Pew!

Splicer posted:

Also that explains a lot. Boss Leader keeps the whole dream-team communication system running, rather than it just being a Thing spectrals do.

Maybe the whole central hall meeting place, uh, thing is her dream room.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
So who else thought that Max would not receive a psychic dreamscape lecture?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Boss Leader is the best character in a comic full of best characters. :allears:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, the question is, does BL keep herself wrapped in bandages to conceal the grotesque effects of her mediumship on her body or to make everybody think that there are grotesque effects for her to hide :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Wait, wait. BL is a her? *looks at art more closely* How did I not notice this before? This changes... nothing, really. Oh well.