Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

Drunkboxer posted:

I'd trade them all for Juke Box Jury

I hate stuff that relies on listener submissions because they try so hard to be funny. Would You Rather scenarios, plugs themes and catchphrases have been particularly grating lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

JayMax posted:

I hate stuff that relies on listener submissions because they try so hard to be funny. Would You Rather scenarios, plugs themes and catchphrases have been particularly grating lately.

Yeah but I like it when Scott is forced to hear garbage

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Plug themes have been on point recently man, to each his own I guess.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JayMax posted:

This last plugs was trying too hard but the one on Monday (the friends one) was pretty gold.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I usually agree about not wanting too much user-submitted stuff but the nice thing about Jukebox Jury is that Scott and the guests just poo poo on the terrible things people send in. Of course you don't want to listen to the twelfth song where the comic premise is a guy who enjoys having sex with fat women, but if you hang in there for a minute your pain will be justified

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Just caught up on I4H.

You guys weren't lying about Besser pretty much getting spanked during that Case Closed.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Help Im Alive posted:

I think Scott has finally come up with a worse CBB game than What Am I Thinking with Riddle Me This

I would almost ding this, but I'll jing it instead.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

Just caught up on I4H.

You guys weren't lying about Besser pretty much getting spanked during that Case Closed.

Was that the sushi one? It led to possibly one of the best scenes I4H has ever done.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Was that the sushi one? It led to possibly one of the best scenes I4H has ever done.

No, not porta-potty sushi(you're right about that one). It was about Mississippi not being the worst state... It was definitely edited and really fizzled out, so it made the end of the episode kinda limp.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
The problem was even Matt doesn't really care about his "feud" with Mississippi. I don't know why he even had the guy on, it doesn't seem like Case Closed is a very popular segment in the first place so there's no sense in forcing it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I like case closed but it became clear that instead of actually addressing the merits of the debate he was constantly trying to reframe them so he could be right.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Greggy posted:

The problem was even Matt doesn't really care about his "feud" with Mississippi. I don't know why he even had the guy on, it doesn't seem like Case Closed is a very popular segment in the first place so there's no sense in forcing it.

I haven't heard the episode/segment you're referring to yet, but I know for a fact hating Mississippi is a weird Arkansan thing, and Matt is from Arkansas.

It's incredibly stupid, but anyway that's probably where his "feud" started...

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I think it started off as a Twitter argument or something?

Anyway, I like the Cased Closed's, audio issues aside. Arguing with people can be funny especially if the argument or one of the debaters isn't really serious. That was pretty much the entire premise for Besser's Crossballs show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eemww_rMM3U

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I remember Besser talking about how people say Arkansas is the worst state, and he says that can't be since Mississippi is right there so he was gonna steer Arkansas hate towards Mississippi but that has to of been like...two years ago?

it's been a while

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

soggybagel posted:

I like case closed but it became clear that instead of actually addressing the merits of the debate he was constantly trying to reframe them so he could be right.

Yea Case Closed can be interesting or funny when he's genuinely arguing something with someone who's not a lunatic but that was was just kinda him half-heartedly defending a joke and constantly shifting it around so he didn't have to go 'ok yea it was kinda dumb'.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Never knew the Who Charted? theme was an Adam Ant track. That caught me by surprise as I was listening through an 80s pop compilation today...

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

moot the hopple posted:

Anyway, I like the Cased Closed's, audio issues aside. Arguing with people can be funny especially if the argument or one of the debaters isn't really serious. That was pretty much the entire premise for Besser's Crossballs show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eemww_rMM3U

I'd never even heard of Crossballs but I just watched the episode featuring Andy Daly as an aspiring reality TV show participant and it was pretty great. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
While we're on the subject of Matt Besser TV shows, UCB Season 3 has finally gotten out of purgatory and is out next Thursday

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I'm watching season 1 currently, and it's pretty good. The weakest part is definitely the whole underground anarchist secret society conceit, but I've enjoyed many of the actual bits.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

VIVA LA FRANCE!!!JERRY LEWIS!!!

DrunkDalek
May 20, 2003

Drinking beer to make music to drink beer to.
I love Juke Box Jury so much, just because it causes such revulsion that Scott openly begins hating everything and questions his podcast, existence, etc.

That part was always glorious.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Hey Jeff before you check out go call up your boy for us and let him know that this Squarespace song ad y'all been runnin can go gently caress itself

e: send that poo poo to jukebox jury

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Dark Weasel posted:

Hey Jeff before you check out go call up your boy for us and let him know that this Squarespace song ad y'all been runnin can go gently caress itself

e: send that poo poo to jukebox jury

Why did the "Thaaaaank you, Squarespace" ad only run once?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
It ran once on several podcasts but was really, really bad from the scattered fragments I caught while frantically skipping over it.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Test. Test. Is this thing on. I'm afraid I'll break the forums again….

Anyway. That Analyze Phish ep is up. I haven't checked it out yet...

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

The Ape of Naples posted:

Test. Test. Is this thing on. I'm afraid I'll break the forums again….

Anyway. That Analyze Phish ep is up. I haven't checked it out yet...

Harris didn't seem that into it. Probably because U2 is his favorite band now.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Harris not having such a great time :smith:

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic
if you want to hear UTU2TM in it's infancy the beginning of episode 80 of CBB quickly derails into Scott and Scott talkin' U2.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Brock Samson posted:

Harris not having such a great time :smith:
Well based on existing information this isn't a surprise!

Fieryspork posted:

if you want to hear UTU2TM in it's infancy the beginning of episode 80 of CBB quickly derails into Scott and Scott talkin' U2.
This is really where UTU2TM (toughest abbreviation ever) was born. Like the first half hour to forty-five minutes of this show are just Scott and Scott unironically discussing U2.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Some of the stuff still cracked me to an embarrassing degree on public transportation, but it's easier to appreciate this one as a followup to the first concert-cast, rather than the bizarre gonzo journalism that was the first one.

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne
about analyze phish:

Scott trolling Phish's bassist is amazing.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Mike Gordon offering them coconut water had to have been planned by his assistant. That was too good. Too funky.

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008
Those are pretty amazing socks.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
This week's HH with Matt Gourley is maybe my favorite one. King Tut's Exotic New Form

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think the one from a few weeks ago where they make fun of John Cochran + his bone mom might be my favorite. I've listed to it like 6 times since it came out

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I love the little rant Matt had against nerd being a cool term now mainly just sounded like he missed being able to bully people by calling them nerds

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Has anyone had a chance to listen to the newest Don't Stop or We'll Die album?

It's not bad at all but overall weaker than their last two. Lisa and Charelston Chew are by far the best tracks on the album.

I'm a little bit bummed that Lectric Rollerskates isn't on the album.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hell yeah, it has every song I loved from their episode with Howard Kremer, that's a must buy. For "And to Sing/Charleston Chew" alone.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

moot the hopple posted:

I'm watching season 1 currently, and it's pretty good. The weakest part is definitely the whole underground anarchist secret society conceit, but I've enjoyed many of the actual bits.

Lol it was the 90s. The idea of "culture jamming" resonated much better. I think it's a great premise to tie together a bunch of disparate scenes of people acting like weirdos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012
To totally ruin things and explain a joke, that premise is also great because of the notion that these sketches are how an anarchist society with unlimited resources would try to destabilize society. Through Hot Chicks Rooms, rear end Pennies, and kids who only say "shut up". It's just another funny bit, really.