Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

The Taint Reaper posted:

Seriously I hope they go back to making optimus figures only when they're able to have a trailer. Because truck cabs by themselves are stupid. Scourge would have been half as awesome if he was just G2 Optimus cap, the main draw was the trailer base.

This. I don't own one Prime with a trailer.

If you're gonna make a trailer free Optimus make him a firetruck or a Beast Hunters style battletruck or some poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
So Animated season 3 is out on DVD.

:D

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
That Arcee is amazing, just wow. Welp, 28 years for that and I'm happy.

Man Hasbro needs to stop hitting it out of the park with this stuff, these generations figures are goddamned fantastic, and my wallet already hates me. I want to buy fun stuff that isn't plastic robots Hasbro!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

ForeverSmug posted:

This. I don't own one Prime with a trailer.

If you're gonna make a trailer free Optimus make him a firetruck or a Beast Hunters style battletruck or some poo poo.

It's funny that the only Generations Optimus that came with a trailer was the Platinum Energon Repaint one and Legends Optimus.

Like they bothered to make a trailer for the Legends guy and they only made the legends guy because optimus is so popular people will buy him anyways.

So make an optimus with a trailer so people will buy him with a trailer.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Amazon is doing a 25% off Transformers promo right now. Gotta be in stock at Amazon though.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Rage posted:

Amazon is doing a 25% off Transformers promo right now. Gotta be in stock at Amazon though.

Rattrap and BM Tankor are not listed.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

Rattrap and BM Tankor are not listed.

Can't help you there, but feel free to pick up Scoop or the Minicon Team for $7ish

TF4 Slug is $7ish too

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

I may recant my last statement. The posters on the Allspark are all speculating that Voyager Prime is basically a Motormaster deco in disguise and is in fact the central portion of a 2015 combiner. This is going on some mysterious hints dropped by one of the Hasbro designers who intimated that the figure is more than meets the eye. Or something.

A combiner Prime might be pretty cool, but that head sculpt is still pretty poor.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I hope the combiner Prime is based on the episode Masquerade.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Something occurred to me.

Hasbro says we're going to get complex, detailed versions of AoE bots.
Going to get. Future tense.

I was under the impression that's what the Generations AoE bots we've gotten so far were? Or did I just waste a ton of money on AoE toys just so I can re-buy the "good" versions in like a year's time?

Please tell me it's the former.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I think the thing that shocks me most is that the Generations Superion silhouette appears to have actual hands and feet. Here's hoping Silverbolt is a Voyager.

Xenomrph posted:

Something occurred to me.

Hasbro says we're going to get complex, detailed versions of AoE bots.
Going to get. Future tense.

I was under the impression that's what the Generations AoE bots we've gotten so far were? Or did I just waste a ton of money on AoE toys just so I can re-buy the "good" versions in like a year's time?

Please tell me it's the former.

Pretty sure it's the latter. Probably similar to what happened with the 2007 movie toys and the later Premium line. This may be where the missing Generations figures for 2014 end up?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Refresh my memory, but weren't the "Premium" 07 movie toys just detailed repaints? They weren't all new molds, right?

I'm totally cool with "premium" repaints.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Xenomrph posted:

Refresh my memory, but weren't the "Premium" 07 movie toys just detailed repaints? They weren't all new molds, right?

I'm totally cool with "premium" repaints.

Yeah, they were just more screen accurate paint jobs. I have a hard time believing they'd do yet another round of molds for the AoE characters with more complexity. Unless they're for the sequel, sort of how RotF improved on several of the characters' previous toys.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Goon posted:

I may recant my last statement. The posters on the Allspark are all speculating that Voyager Prime is basically a Motormaster deco in disguise and is in fact the central portion of a 2015 combiner. This is going on some mysterious hints dropped by one of the Hasbro designers who intimated that the figure is more than meets the eye. Or something.

A combiner Prime might be pretty cool, but that head sculpt is still pretty poor.

I personally thought he was going to be re-used for Thunderclash, Powermaster prime, or a true G1 Ultra Magnus.

That's pretty much how I read that statement. Because if you wanna do an update for Motormaster you need to have the trailer and cab be a single piece like Masterpiece UM. Because having just a black cab is what they call Nemesis Prime. And there's really not a whole lot of difference between Motormaster, Nemesis Prime/Scourge from a visual perspective if they're all just Prime repaints.

This now makes me wonder if they did a Powermaster of a Voyager the trailer would need to be the size of a Supreme or Titan class figure to properly fit it like Energon prime and Omega Supreme.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 22, 2014

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's funny that the only Generations Optimus that came with a trailer was the Platinum Energon Repaint one and Legends Optimus.

Like they bothered to make a trailer for the Legends guy and they only made the legends guy because optimus is so popular people will buy him anyways.

So make an optimus with a trailer so people will buy him with a trailer.

This guy shelf warmed like crazy with his trailer.

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_US/shop/details.cfm?R=C95CAE8D-5056-900B-10EE-7E30111DA66A:en_US

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

That probably had more to do with the figure looking completely terrible than having a trailer. Some things even a trailer can't fix.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

The cat has very loose and flexible joints but Rhinox is perfect, absolutely tight knees and so very worth it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Very nice suntan on that Rhinox.

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, they were just more screen accurate paint jobs. I have a hard time believing they'd do yet another round of molds for the AoE characters with more complexity. Unless they're for the sequel, sort of how RotF improved on several of the characters' previous toys.

Sometimes they even improved them in the very next sub-line, like Sidearm Sideswipe over the previous deluxe.

Like I don't know about you guys, I honestly don't like that voyager Prime very much but some people are exploding in hatred about him, I think he's already declared the worst figure ever designed just after the initial picture and apparently the designer who did him deserves to be dragged to the street, fired from his job and then shot. I wanna bet that he'll come out and it'll turn out he's a pretty fun toy or something like that in the end.

besides Hasbro promo photography is always horrible and I assume every figure ends up looking 100% better in hand or reviews. Did they edit out the back kibble on that Leader Megatron? (the G1 version), because in the Armada one you can clearly see the second set of treads on his backpack, and I don't see where could they hide them in the G1 one.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Very nice suntan on that Rhinox.

Sometimes they even improved them in the very next sub-line, like Sidearm Sideswipe over the previous deluxe.

Like I don't know about you guys, I honestly don't like that voyager Prime very much but some people are exploding in hatred about him, I think he's already declared the worst figure ever designed just after the initial picture and apparently the designer who did him deserves to be dragged to the street, fired from his job and then shot. I wanna bet that he'll come out and it'll turn out he's a pretty fun toy or something like that in the end.

besides Hasbro promo photography is always horrible and I assume every figure ends up looking 100% better in hand or reviews. Did they edit out the back kibble on that Leader Megatron? (the G1 version), because in the Armada one you can clearly see the second set of treads on his backpack, and I don't see where could they hide them in the G1 one.

My guess is that they lay down against G1 Megatron's back, but are placed up higher for Armada.

Also I think this may be what they were talking about for the "movie accurate" toys

Gonna loving suck that I'm gonna have to buy this now.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Yeah I will probably pick up that set, although it's weird that four of them are more accurate paint jobs and Prime is actually less accurate. Looks better than the standard one, though.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Keldroc posted:

Yeah I will probably pick up that set, although it's weird that four of them are more accurate paint jobs and Prime is actually less accurate. Looks better than the standard one, though.

It'll save me from buying the Platinum set at least; I like that Prime better than the chrome one.

It sucks that I already bought an Evasion Prime and Drift though; other than Hound they're the only two Autobots I wanted.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So what's the deal with the Hub not doing well, like really not doing well because it apparently only has a single show that draws viewers. The president is apparently leaving and everything has been pushed back to 2015 for new seasons.

Are they gonna axe the network or does everything honestly ride on AOE doing well to keep poo poo afloat?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Huh? I thought they were doing well the last time they gave any financial info?

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Finally not-menasor is complete with sirtoys order finally arriving.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

ForeverSmug posted:

My guess is that they lay down against G1 Megatron's back, but are placed up higher for Armada.

Also I think this may be what they were talking about for the "movie accurate" toys

Gonna loving suck that I'm gonna have to buy this now.

You know how I said earlier how it would be nice if they made premium versions of movie toys that actually had paint apps so they didn't look like crap? Well looks like they just did. It's amazing how toys like Crosshairs look so much better when his molded details are actually painted and not just flat green. I may be a broken record, but paint apps can make a HUGE difference. You wouldn't think that RtS Jazz and United Jazz are that different until you see them in person and realize one is way better than the other.

Hell, I'm not even a big fan of the movie aesthetic, but even I will tell you that 5 pack looks good.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I got so bored I bought some Lego sets.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SpikeMcclane posted:

Both deluxes. Arcee is new. Chromia is a heavy retool of the second Transformers: Prime Arcee, which is pretty great, since it's not immediately obvious even though they're both blue.

I literally have that Prime Arcee sitting a foot away from me and it still took like 5 minutes before I noticed. I think only the torso is the same, her arm guards and hands look new, the backpack (and thus the bike bodywork) is totally new, as are the wheels and head. It may as well be a new toy.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So Rise of the Dark Spark is pretty lovely, my review is up on Steam but the bottom line is there's no (PvP) multiplayer and everything except the Earth stuff is rehashed. And the Earth stuff is bad.

No multiplayer. gently caress.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

So Rise of the Dark Spark is pretty lovely, my review is up on Steam but the bottom line is there's no (PvP) multiplayer and everything except the Earth stuff is rehashed. And the Earth stuff is bad.

No multiplayer. gently caress.

People played PvP in the other games? I thought Escalation was the big draw anyway.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

People played PvP in the other games? I thought Escalation was the big draw anyway.

It is. I played FoC multi to max level, but I could not possibly care less that PvP was omitted in this one. The Cybertron section of the game is almost 100% recycled FoC content, but as FoC was great, I don't mind a C+/B- expansion pack. The Cybertron stuff fills in some narrative gaps and the Earth stuff is at least a slightly smaller part of the game.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

strangehamster posted:

I got so bored I bought AOE Galvatron.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I know a nonzero number of you also enjoy Doctor Who, so I'm gonna post this, because not many people talk about it:

The Aligned Continuity backstory is just a warmed-over Cartmel Masterplan, right down to Looms.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
MTMTE was just wonderful :swoon:

The 3 issue arc this season opened with really came together this issue.

Megatrons fuel. WHERES RODIMUS?? The vote.

All good stuff that was answered but leads to even more questions.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

strangehamster posted:

Didja get Ecto 1?

E: Yeah MTMTE was just chock full of emotions, wasn't it? The bit with Megatron is one that I don't think will leave me any time soon.

Phy fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 26, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Oh and I was at the NYC red carpet thing for AoE and this happened:

I'm the one in blue.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gaz-L posted:

Oh gently caress yeah, it was excellent. You can still play the Team Deathmatch on PC but Escalation is dead.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Gaz-L posted:

I never played Escalation, but played the various PvP modes (rarely deathmatch, usually conquest) all the time. It was basically the only game with that sort of PvP I liked at all, so its omission means this is utterly without value.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

Oh and I was at the NYC red carpet thing for AoE and this happened:

I'm the one in blue.
Why aren't you even trying to kick him in the nuts?

Did you see AoE or were you just there for the carpet?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

I saw the movie and I think Bay is a genius auteur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Both MTMTE and Windblade were good this week but I kinda feel like MTMTE is getting a little too scattered. The "reveal" following the coffin where Rodimus is fine and he just hasn't been on panel was rather lame though. Also I don't understand why Roberts leans so hard on stuff from/in the future? He's a good writer, he doesn't need lovely foreshadowing tricks like this.

Just about every scene with Megatron is fantastic, though. I'm sure there's a bunch of angry Geewunners pissed at how he's acting but I'm just really enjoying it.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I got so bored I bought AOE Galvatron.
Outside of the paint he looks kinda cool, engineering wise, for doing shellforming in a different way. How is he from that perspective?