Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Stop talking to your food, you idiot.

She's an insectivore. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
I can't explain why, but I absolutely love Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz. Maybe it's because he always looks so tired and sick of this poo poo, maybe it's because he says things like "May his wicked soul forever roast in eternal hell." I don't know, but it's always one that I'm looking forward to reading everyday.

The latest Mary Worth strip is entertaining so far too. I'm really not sure where they're going with this little girl's 'imagination'

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Selachian posted:

She's an insectivore. :colbert:

I thought she was a Porcupine who are herbivores. If she's a Hedgehog, technically, she's omnivorous.

gently caress. Why do I even care?

Gotta go fast!

:v:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

I thought she was a Porcupine who are herbivores. If she's a Hedgehog, technically, she's omnivorous.

gently caress. Why do I even care?

Gotta go fast!

:v:

Well, at least we know what killed the forums!

Hi! Did you Miss Cul-de-sac and The Creeps? Me too!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Here's a shitload of comics to celebrate the return of the forums

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

I did not expect to see waterboarding in a daily comic strip for kiddies. :stare:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

The Bush administration is waterboarding Obama!

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Jesus, the art in Prince Valiant is gorgeous.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I feel sorry for all you guys who post six or seven comics a day. Get ready for the Catch-up Of 2014: More Catch-Up Than A Hines Factory, Get It?

Cow and Boy: Ketchup Edition

Dragon Ball GT Krillin? Is that you?

Ew.

Sherman's Lagoon: Catsup Edition

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
IT HAPPENED! I'll just skip the last two days of comics. You can find em if you want.

Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
SO ANYWAY...

Before we were interrupted, Skippy was about to make a charitable appeal. (April 4-6, 1927)

And how did the Old Ironsides campaign go? Funny you should ask. Percy Crosby, makin' a difference. :unsmith:

Peanuts (June 26-28, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

Part of me is entertaining the idea that this is the producer's way of telling wannabes like Les that they're so far up their own asses that he's going to have to send miners (rear end miners, mind you) to find their heads.

No? Well, I'm thinking about rear end right now for some reason and I can't put my finger in it...ON IT.

Popeye

Rip Haywire needs a different quality of associates.

And the rest will follow sometime soon...maybe not tonight, though.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Whoops!

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Oh, we're back already?

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Diet Smith has moved on from cloning tiny milk cartons to bricks of cream cheese.

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Where were you when we needed you five months ago?

Pibgorn

Today must be some more test shots from Brooke's new shoe cam.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

EasyEW posted:

Part of me is entertaining the idea that this is the producer's way of telling wannabes like Les that they're so far up their own asses that he's going to have to send miners (rear end miners, mind you) to find their heads.

No? Well, I'm thinking about rear end right now for some reason and I can't put my finger in it...ON IT.

It'd be nice if the moral of the story is that initial drafts of screenplay are always reamed (and reamed until the last minute of filming if it's Kubrick), and that any basic screenwriting class will tell you that scripts should be as plain, direct, and visual as possible, but instead it will be "Hollywood Hates Art" and I will be very angry.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
:siren::derp::siren:Holy poo poo comics!:siren::derp::siren:

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Oh, Brother

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Probably Magic posted:

It'd be nice if the moral of the story is that initial drafts of screenplay are always reamed (and reamed until the last minute of filming if it's Kubrick), and that any basic screenwriting class will tell you that scripts should be as plain, direct, and visual as possible, but instead it will be "Hollywood Hates Art" and I will be very angry.

Of course the point of this story is that Les's cancer wife store was too good.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Let's see what we've missed in Ham Shears...

And let's have a The Dinette Set white trash dump!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Christ that was uncomfortable. I'm not sure I want to know exactly what that says about me. I mean, I coded, returned emails and phone calls, and spent far more time hitting "random" on Wikipedia than I think I've ever wanted to. There's some really cool stuff on there btw... :v:

Anyway, I'm just going to send out my stuff in chunks so as not to crash the forums with a fuckton of posts. I have an easy day tomorrow, so I should be all caught up by noon... Let's check in with our favorite lesbians!

Jane's World

Man, if we don't see a fight here, I'm going to go home sad...

This "flipping back and forth" really works better if you read the pages in quick succession. Since they're coming from one of Paige's books, that's probably why it's the way it is.

Non Sequitur has pretty much sucked all week, thus far, so no huge loss...

:ughh:

BIG_PHARMA.png... bleh.. cliche... :ughh:

Yep.. :ughh:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Probably Magic posted:

I'm sticking by my guns. This is begging to be the film production version of "Send the SOB the bedbug letter."

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Here's a shitton of Heavenly Nostrils starting with Sunday 'cause Dana was late with that one.

:3:

:smith: She's right. You'll all pay.

Dana's artwork in this strip is awesome. No, don't ever become normal Phoebe, it's a trap. Just ask the SubGeniuses... :)

:)

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Luann update-- nothing loving happened. Don't even bother.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bloom County
The 9th of November is missing.

Calvin And Hobbes

Nope, no idea why they have an extra-large version of just this one strip.

It appears our discussion of DOGG's spelling has borne fruit.

Or Gilchrist flubbed it. Your call.

Ripley's

e: Bonus Luann. :911:

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jun 26, 2014

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Here're some assorted Klibans, and a bonus Kliban's Cats from Tuesday...

:psyduck:

:)

Surplus pizza? IMPOSSIBLE!

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
The forums are back!!!!

I'm posting this Geech!!!!

I've been waiting for him to get his hat pulled over his head like that.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

That stereotypical football team interrupted them attempting to come out about their relationship! :(

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Also, Great Moments in Rock 'n' Roll

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Whole lotta comics here. Sorry. F Minus you can breeze right through, but miss one minute of Mary Worth or Rex Morgan? I think not.

Still, I think I'll timg them.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Oh hey look a disappearing-reappearing box of WOW.

I don't know what the gently caress this Mary Worth storyline is about, but I really want to see where it goes.

Rex Morgan MD

What the hell is happening to Kelly?

Oh come on!

The Sphinxster posted:

Luann update-- nothing loving happened. Don't even bother.

Well, Gunther is following Rosa to South America, supposedly.

But it is boring and stupid so I'm only posting one Luann.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

At the risk of having two of these on the same page...

Skippy (April 7, 1927)

Peanuts (June 29, 1967)

The Heartbreaking Saga Of The Immaculately Pure Artist That This Pathetic, Fallen World Is Too Corrupt To Deserve, Otherwise Known As 9 Chickweed Lane Funky Winkerbean

In case you haven't picked up on it yet, Popeye is taking a gag-a-day intermission.

Rip Haywire

Breezy realizes that standing a man in front of a firing squad is more of an actionable offense than pissing off somebody on a message board, Syrian hackers be damned. Probably not more than some of the things her uncle's up to, but he was always going to be more of a hard sell anyway.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Go gently caress yourself Batiuk.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

EasyEW posted:

In case you haven't picked up on it yet, Popeye is taking a gag-a-day intermission.
I had picked up on that, I just never thought Sagendorf was physically capable.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Emmy Lou

Heathcliff

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Pickles

Classic Prince Valiant

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Here's an actual room in our hose, moomin gently caress yeah:

Mechahamster
Oct 9, 2007
Tiny paws of doom

EasyEW posted:

In the vain hope that every comic writer follows this thread, it's a massive improvement in my opinion.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Cripes. I should've translated these earlier.

Fingerpori

City party:
- We're out of crêpes, I don't have the time to make more!
- Well, I can make a few myself!
[Mayor struck his scraper into the pancake]

Scraper (or spatula or whatever it is) is lasta. Lasta is also the object form of lapsi, a child. Crêpe/thin pancake has several names in Finnish, but one of them, lätty, is also a slang word for face. So, "Mayor struck his child in the face".

Collar wolf
Collar wolf pair

It was mentioned once before - quite a long while ago - that a "wolf pair" is a term referring to a pair in cohabitation, an unmarried couple. Used to be somewhat derogatory but I guess it's not so much anymore.

I'm not translating meters to American :v:

Fok_It

On June 23rd 1992 a big cat not indigenous to Finland was reported seen in the forests of Ruokolahti near the east border. In the following couple of months it, its paw prints and the carcasses it left were reportedly seen several times before the sightings reported it moved to Russia. It was never caught or found, so there's never been any official confirmation or explanation of what it was or where it came from. :iiam:

It's been a bit cold and rainy lately. It is what it is.

Oh, almost forgot.

This pic is from February, but it was reposted yesterday in response to the legal affairs committee defeating a public initiative for gay marriage and adoption rights.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jun 26, 2014

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Still playing catch-up. Here are 9CLs from 6/23/2003 through 6/25/2003. I'll post current stuff later today.

Groping? Come on, Brooke, don't you ever stop?

Edda's schizophrenic?

BrookeMaw®

And Monday through Wednesday Zits

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Back on track with Cul-de-sac

While The Creeps bring us crashing back down to earth.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Let's see what happened earlier this week in Kevin & Kell

Monday

Dumb.

Tuesday

Mildly amusing, I guess.

Wednesday

:lol: I would love to see the inside of one of these "stores" where carnivores purchase "products". The only thing I can imagine is corpses hanging everywhere, their dead eyes half open, and blood all over the floor from their gashed open throats. Yum.

Nemi! Take us away from this!

6/23

6/24

6/25

I'm happy now. :)

• Locked thread