Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Aperture Priority posted:

My wife is at the store buying food and booze. Gonna game all day! :woop:

You should pick up Lego City Undercover.
It's the GTA clone you never knew you always wanted.

As for my recent purchases, I picked up Octodad in the Steam sale.
Been waiting for a sale to buy it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Fly with me posted:

You should pick up Lego City Undercover.
It's the GTA clone you never knew you always wanted.

As for my recent purchases, I picked up Octodad in the Steam sale.
Been waiting for a sale to buy it.

Octodad is an absolute triumph. You have chosen well.

For content's sake: I bought the new Chromeo record and it is 100 percent as hilariously good as I expected.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Octodad is amazing but so short. I gotta reinstall that and check out some community content.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

'13 Gibson SG Standard

I've tried hard to bond with Les Pauls, but SG's are more to my taste. I like the lighter body, and the tone cuts through the mix better.
Got it on blowout for almost half the price of what 2014 models cost.

smilingokami
Nov 4, 2009
Okay to continue the guitar talk, I swapped the Gibson Meastro that I got from Best Buy, that wouldn't stay in tune and didn't sit in my lap right when sitting with it to a...

Squire Strat SE Which was on clearance as a kit from Best Buy, only cost me 20 exta bux. Last one in the district.

So, yeah.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/squier-...22914&cp=1&lp=1

ne:Oh and purchased some songs from steam for Rocksmith 2014 while they are on sale, so there's that as well.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Some new music:

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Perturbator - Dangerous Days vinyl (Black)
Bartkira because someone posted it in this thread earlier and I knew I had to have to it.
Boris - Noise vinyl

Responsible adult spending.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

smilingokami posted:

Okay to continue the guitar talk, I swapped the Gibson Meastro that I got from Best Buy, that wouldn't stay in tune and didn't sit in my lap right when sitting with it to a...

Squire Strat SE Which was on clearance as a kit from Best Buy, only cost me 20 exta bux. Last one in the district.

So, yeah.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/squier-...22914&cp=1&lp=1

ne:Oh and purchased some songs from steam for Rocksmith 2014 while they are on sale, so there's that as well.

if you need any more help eventually please use the guitar thread in musicians lounge

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde

Aperture Priority posted:

My wife is at the store buying food and booze. Gonna game all day! :woop:

I got everything you got today, I wanted the Mario Kart bundle but they only had the Wind Waker bundle. So I got that and a copy of Mario Kart, and I picked new Super Mario bros game as my free game for registering Mario Kart on club Nintendo.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Doom Rooster posted:

Use Gameface, and make a fighter that looks EXACTLY like you. It's gotten way better over the years, and when I uploaded mine, it was pretty uncanny.

http://www.easports.com/login?redirectUrl=%2Fgameface%2Fcreator

Had tons of issues with this but finally got it working. Thanks. Now I'm horrified by my ridiculously accurate EA doppelganger. Like changing the facial hair looks EXACTLY like my various 1990s experiments. Although I already have two black eyes before I start fighting?!

edit: but then "I" look like this when I import it into UFC? I don't get it, the browser one is bang-on besides the eye thing.

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Jun 22, 2014

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Dick Boat posted:

Perturbator - Dangerous Days vinyl (Black)
Bartkira because someone posted it in this thread earlier and I knew I had to have to it.
Boris - Noise vinyl

Responsible adult spending.

I've seen people posting that Bartkira thing a bunch of times here now. How do you read that in a non-book form? It seems to be on Tumblr but I guess I'm an old man who doesn't understand how to use it.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Envelop desk for when you want to lean back,

Home work set up is now like 10x better than my work set. Picture isnt mine obviously.

influx.
Dec 16, 2007

Nice pants!
AMD FX 6300

ASRock 970 Extreme3

8gigglebytes of RAM

R9 270X

Plus all the other bits and pieces for a new gaming rig, gently caress Australian prices.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

influx. posted:

AMD FX 6300

ASRock 970 Extreme3

8gigglebytes of RAM

R9 270X

Plus all the other bits and pieces for a new gaming rig, gently caress Australian prices.
An AMD processor? Yikes... :smith:

Hope it's not too late to return it/cancel the order.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

influx. posted:

AMD FX 6300

ASRock 970 Extreme3

8gigglebytes of RAM

R9 270X

What was the grand total for all the hardware? Im thinking about building a new desktop but I wanna stay under $650. :ohdear:

influx.
Dec 16, 2007

Nice pants!

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

An AMD processor? Yikes... :smith:

Hope it's not too late to return it/cancel the order.

Meh, the 6300 is fine for gaming which is all I'll be doing anyway.

psyopmonkey posted:

What was the grand total for all the hardware? Im thinking about building a new desktop but I wanna stay under $650. :ohdear:

heh, nope, not is Aus anyway. I mean I'm sure you could do it but you would have to downgrade heaps.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Recent purchases - I'm upgrading/automating the brewing process for when I'm at work. SO basically I can throw grains into water, and let it automate and mash until I get home. Also not added here is the gear I bought to build a heat exchange unit, an auto-siphon, and a fuckton of hops from Yakima Valley.

BCS-460 Brewery Control System - a microcomputer used to control a brewing setup.

Thingy to make a wired only thing wireless - for the BCS460

Temperature sensors

Also gears of war 3 because im dumb and sold mine a while ago

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Instead of computer parts I bought cat shoes.

I had a coupon from when I got my Tegan and Sara shoes.

https://www.keepcompany.com/products/THE%20HOMER%20Kitty

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Neighbor of a friend was moving and I bought his 51" Samsung plasma TV off him for $150. It may not be new but it's in great shape and it's new to me!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
A rubber-bristled broom:

Both nylon and corn husk brooms are terrible. Hair just collects in them until it randomly decides to drop it in a corner or the floor. And God-forbid trying to use one on an even slightly damp floor, which is pretty loving common in bathrooms and kitchens.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

My trip to Seattle was...not kind to my wallet

charsiu
Mar 10, 2012

door Door door posted:

My trip to Seattle was...not kind to my wallet

Filson bag?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Count Freebasie posted:

Decided to buy my "I'm-an-rear end in a top hat-weekend-car."

'87 5.0 LX. I've always wanted one.

Oh man, I learned how to drive on my dad's '88 5.0 LX convertible. Being the first car I ever drove I didn't fully appreciate it until I actually got my license and mom made him sell it for a used Camry because it had airbags.

Edit: Oh I bought a Pioneer receiver because it's been like 10 years since I got a new receiver. Glad the models with passive hdmi passthrough have come down in price.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
I bought a 4x8' sheet of plywood, some trim pieces, stain and a bunch of firewood and made some wall art for my new house.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

rockcity posted:

I bought a 4x8' sheet of plywood, some trim pieces, stain and a bunch of firewood and made some wall art for my new house.

This is really neat. Good job!

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

influx. posted:

True, but now you're committed to an AMD motherboard. And since AMD is getting out of the desktop CPU game, your next upgrade will be to an Intel chip, which will need a brand new mobo. You may want to consider dropping a little extra cash on an Intel setup, since that's what your upgrades will require in a couple years. It'll be cheaper to buy CPU+mobo now and a new CPU in the future, rather than CPU+mobo now and CPU+mobo in the future.

Just a word of wisdom from a guy who built an AMD machine a little late in the game.

psyopmonkey posted:

Totally doable if you don't need to play on ULTRA MAXX settings. Check the PC Building and Parts Picking Megathread, the OP should give you a good idea of where to start, and the folks over there will probably be happy to help out if you post your budget and your needs.

Argyle has a new favorite as of 08:18 on Jun 26, 2014

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
Foo Fighters in Cape Town

And the Steam sale has been fun so far:

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

rockcity posted:

This is awesome. What did you use to cut log sections so thinly and evenly?

Got any other photos, maybe bigger ones?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

A triceratops tooth

A Danish stone axe from the younger stone age

A piece from the meteorite that crashed in Tataouine in 1931

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

davebo posted:

Being the first car I ever drove I didn't fully appreciate it until I actually got my license and mom made him sell it for a used Camry because it had airbags.

:smithicide:

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Spintires purchase on Steam.

I managed to lose my UAZ into a river, rolled a logging truck into a ditch (and stuck between said ditch a tree) and bogged the flatbed. I love it.

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

influx. posted:

Sure it's "fine" for playing some games. But why wouldn't you just buy the cheaper, superior processor that does *everything* better, including games? It's loving shite.
Corsair CX PSU and ASrock Mobo too lol, my god

Kershaw Volt II Serrated, thanks Massdrop

Astrobastard has a new favorite as of 13:46 on Jun 26, 2014

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Meatwave posted:

This is awesome. What did you use to cut log sections so thinly and evenly?

Got any other photos, maybe bigger ones?

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I saw some similar, but smaller pieces on Etsy and some of the artists said they'd do pieces about the size of the one I made, but they wanted around $600+ shipping for them, so I decided to make it myself. It ended up taking way longer than I thought, mostly because the quality of the wood I was getting here in Orlando wasn't very good so I ended up cutting probably 2-3x the amount of slices I actually needed just to get enough that looked good enough to use. Lots were full of insect holes.

The slices were all done with a 10" miter saw. They vary in thickness on purpose, probably between half an inch to an inch and a half. I could take some more photos to give you a better idea on depth and detail. Shoot me a PM with your email address.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Count Freebasie posted:

Decided to buy my "I'm-an-rear end in a top hat-weekend-car."

'87 5.0 LX. I've always wanted one.

:hfive: what up rear end in a top hat weekend car buddy

I just bought a new battery for this thing, it's been sitting for almost 3 years :kiddo:

cname
Jan 24, 2013

by Lowtax

big mean giraffe posted:

UFC on PS4 looks so much better than anything on last gen though. Blows it out of the water.

I remember playing a demo for an EA Sports MMA game that I sorta liked. It did horribly in sales but I enjoyed it a lot more than the older UFC games. The EA one used the thumbsticks as opposed to buttons, which was a good change.

I'm just curious if the new UFC game has an actual "feel" for MMA style fighting as opposed to being a "fighting game" with some wrestling (like the older UFC games)

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Synology DS214play

I have 6TB of storage in there, a torrent client, Plex server, a hosted blog, automatic synching with mine and my wife's phones, tablets and computers, photo gallery to share with family and a bunch of other stuff. The interface is extremely nice for a NAS. Also the one-touch copy from SD or USB is nice for unloading SD cards of pictures.

Epiphone ES339 Pro

Replacing an old Epiphone I got about 15 years ago that finally broke beyond repair after many moves.

Samsung Galaxy Gear Live

I think it's finally time to get a smart watch. Motorola's 360 looks slick as gently caress but I bet it will cost a lot more than $200. Also I suck with money and am a sucker for technology.

Black Keys

Nice lower box seats at Consol Energy Center in September. I've seen the Black Keys and Dan Auerbach before at ACL fest in Austin, but it will be nice to see them without it being 105 degrees and muddy.

SLOSifl has a new favorite as of 14:53 on Jun 26, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Argyle posted:

True, but now you're committed to an AMD motherboard. And since AMD is getting out of the desktop CPU game, your next upgrade will be to an Intel chip, which will need a brand new mobo. You may want to consider dropping a little extra cash on an Intel setup, since that's what your upgrades will require in a couple years. It'll be cheaper to buy CPU+mobo now and a new CPU in the future, rather than CPU+mobo now and CPU+mobo in the future.

Just a word of wisdom from a guy who built an AMD machine a little late in the game.

Next Intel generation is a new socket and will require a new motherboard anyway.

(But you should still buy Intel now.)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

So my Superman from the movie won't be lonely.

Plus, I really dug the character from the movie. He wasn't as much fun as the psycho Zod from Superman 2, but he did have this scary intensity in the role where he wasn't evil, just single minded on making Krypton happen again. He didn't want to rule poo poo, he just wanted his planet back and if he had to do that on the skulls and backs of 7 billion people, well gently caress em they weren't kryptonian anyway.

The headsculpt and armor detail are god damned amazing for the scale too. Can't wait to get it in :)

Plus it helped I found a 10% off coupon and there was a sale anyway. popculturezone.com if you want to look at other comic book or movie dollies.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

charsiu posted:

Filson bag?

And jacket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Don't pull that trigger just yet smith, it all ended well because I ended up with a Corvette! Camry's are just fine for 16 year olds to carpool to school in. Especially since my sister learned on it afterwards and totaled it on the D.C. beltway.

Speaking of Corvettes, even though mine's a '98 these C4's are what I grew up wanting as a kid and I still think they are the coolest 80's body style outside of a Testarossa.