Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Piper posted:

I can't make the Godzilla live riff on 8/14. Have they announced a 2nd showing or is it one night only?

Looks like only the 14th. They're still putting out an MP3 of the riff though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

muscles like this? posted:

Looks like only the 14th. They're still putting out an MP3 of the riff though.

Did they do a repeat of the Starship Troopers one? It might be that getting the rights makes it too expensive to make more than one screening. I do hope they have a repeat, I want people to be able to make this live riff, and the Anaconda one as well, especially if they kickstarted it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I think they had a second showing of Starship Troopers, but they also released a mp3 commentary of it too.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

PassTheRemote posted:

Did they do a repeat of the Starship Troopers one? It might be that getting the rights makes it too expensive to make more than one screening. I do hope they have a repeat, I want people to be able to make this live riff, and the Anaconda one as well, especially if they kickstarted it.

They did, and it wasn't announced until right before the live broadcast. SO, there's hope.

Also, I just watched Zindy. :wtc:

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
Rifftrax is coming to Chromecast. Technically, the beta is now here.

According to their Facebook, a roku version is in the works and they might have it ready or in beta later in the summer.

:getin:

edit: Also, Rifftrax did note the model number of the Chromecast power supply.

PassTheRemote fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jun 13, 2014

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
There is a new short..it's 19 minutes and about a janitor narrating how job. The store page compares it to fan favorite "Setting Up the Room".

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/color-it-clean

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Sweet! I had to try it out so I bought Zindy.

This movie makes a lot more sense if you consider it an educational film about writing. "Put a Puma and Quicksand in Your First Act" by Anton Chekhov.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

CapnBry posted:

Sweet! I had to try it out so I bought Zindy.

This movie makes a lot more sense if you consider it an educational film about writing. "Put a Puma and Quicksand in Your First Act" by Anton Chekhov.

I really liked Zindy. It had a monkey, a puma, a kid who was locked away for his entire life, lost his parents then the only human being he had ever known, then after coming into contact with another human and the last people on Earth who would have cared for him--he ran away in fear and fought a puma to the death. Honestly, I'm not sure if this was meant to be a kids movie or high drama.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I guess the real ending to Zindy is less horrible than I thought it would be. Him shooting the girl and being a swamp guerilla fighter. Cause Grandpa told him that outsiders are bad

Am I hosed up?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

PrinceRandom posted:

I guess the real ending to Zindy is less horrible than I thought it would be. Him shooting the girl and being a swamp guerilla fighter. Cause Grandpa told him that outsiders are bad

Am I hosed up?

That is a valid possible ending. Or shooting the girl's rescuers, holding her captive by protecting her from the evil outsiders. He'd be a twelve year old swamp Rambo with chimp sidekick.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I actually watched 'Zindy' as a child. It's exactly the kind of cheap movie that as popular afternoon fare in brazilian TV when I was growing up. To be fair, I was so bored and annoyed at what a dork the kid was that the ending didn't shock me much. Hell, he made having a monkey sidekick look tedious!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Rirse posted:

There is a new short..it's 19 minutes and about a janitor narrating how job. The store page compares it to fan favorite "Setting Up the Room".

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/color-it-clean

I haven't been able to make in past the sublimely ridiculous opening music. My God, was the guy who chose the music trying to sabotage the whole thing?

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I haven't been able to make in past the sublimely ridiculous opening music. My God, was the guy who chose the music trying to sabotage the whole thing?

The whole thing is weird. What was the point of the original short? It's 20 minutes of a guy cleaning a toilet and voiceovers from different janitors of varying experience. I guess it was for the college that made it but why? Was it a pep talk? Was it for new janitors? Was it for recruiting new janitors? So many questions.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Cool, looks like I'm going to get to see my first live show--Sharknado.

Before, the showings have all been pretty far away, but this time our local multiplex is participating. Wouldn't be surprised if that's why tickets are still available, nobody realized they started showing them here.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Interesting, the newest VoD is a in-house version of Jack and the Giant Killer. Can't tell if the script is any different from the Live version or not from the preview.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
So, little game to play. What are your top 5 VOD's and top 5 MP3's? Each can only contain one movie from a franchise (ie, no listing all 5 Twilight movies). You can list them in any particular order, just your 5 favorites of each.

For me:

VOD's
1. Guy From Harlem
2. Super Mario Brothers
3. Santa Claus & the Ice Cream Bunny
4. Buffalo Rider
5. Jack the Giant Killer (Also now available in non-live show format, but then you don't get "What is Nothing?" or the two Lauren shorts, so what's the point?)

MP3's
1. The Room
2. Birdemic
3. Jaws
4. Star Trek II
5. Highlander

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I haven't actually seen any of the VOD's. I should probably get to fixing that mistake.

MP3's:
1. Karate Kid Part 3
2. Matrix (the loving Reloaded riff, jesus christ)
3. Top Gun
4. Spiderman 2
5. Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

VODs:
•Cyborg Cop II
•Santa & The Ice Cream Bunny
•Rifftrax Live: Plan 9 From Outer Space
•The Guy From Harlem
•Doctor Who and the Daleks

MP3s:
•Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets/Order of the Phoenix (I know you said one from each franchise, but I love these two too much. Order of the Phoenix is probably my favourite of the HP riffs, but the ending to Chamber of Secrets, when the kids are all cheering, is one of my all-time favourite Rifftrax moments.)
•The Last Airbender
•Empire Strikes Back
•Birdemic: Shock and Terror
•Casablanca

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Got the day off for the Sharknado Live showing and my ticket. I really hope that Godzilla and Anaconda get Canadian dates because the last time a showing was up here was Starship Troopers (unless there was one I missed).

PassTheRemote posted:

They did a month later, if I recall, and Starship Troopers and Godzilla share the same studio so I can't imagine it being too hard for them to do an encore if ticket sales are strong enough.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Justin Godscock posted:

[...]Starship Troopers and Godzilla share the same studio so I can't imagine it being too hard for them to do an encore if ticket sales are strong enough.
Actually, "Starship Troopers", the '98 "Godzilla" and "Anaconda" are part of the Sony Pictures library. I think Rifftrax at one point mentioned with the "Troopers" live show that Sony was by far the most welcoming studio in regards to their live events.

CapnBry
Jul 15, 2002

I got this goin'
Grimey Drawer
Looking at the list of MP3s people are posting that I've never seen, I know where some of my money will be headed tonight!

VOD
  • Laser Mission
  • Buffalo Rider
  • Ghosthouse (not the Lowtax movie, that's Doom House you idiot!)
  • Kingdom of the Spiders
  • Bermuda Triangle

MP3
  • Birdemic! (my favorite riff in any form)
  • Battlefield Earth
  • The Last Airbender
  • Twilight (this movie is unwatchable beyond the 10 minutes without Rifftrax)
  • One of the Harry Potter ones but I can't remember which one it was!

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
VOD

Star Wars Holiday Special
Super Mario Bros
Supersonic Man
Cyborg Cop 2
Nightmare at Noon

MP3

Independence Day
Cloverfield
Battlefield Earth
Return of the Jedi
Daredevil

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Limiting this to five of each was very difficult. So I made an honorable mention.

VOD
Guy From Harlem
Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny
Laser Mission
The Bermuda Triangle
The Apple

MP3
Birdemic
Battlefield Earth
Star Wars Holiday Special
Twilight (All encompassing vote)
Karate Kid Part 3

Honorable Mention (Some underrated ones that almost never get mentioned and are really good)
Eragon
High School Musical
The Day After Tomorrow
Firewall
The Happening

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I would also really recommend Eragon as an MP3 and for an under-appreciated VOD, Ghosthouse.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Eragon and Star Trek 5 are probably my favorite MP3's. Reign of Fire and the Alien one Bill and Kevin did are up there too for me.

Probably Infected
Feb 17, 2010
College Slice
Looks like the reports about Samurai Cop's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Wouldn't mind some BTS info on that shitshow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9SDZ_UjaNM

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Probably Infected posted:

Looks like the reports about Samurai Cop's demise were greatly exaggerated.

Wouldn't mind some BTS info on that shitshow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9SDZ_UjaNM

Holy crap, I hope I look that good when I'm not-dead.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

http://supercultshow.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/7960_original.gif

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
How did I not know about Samurai Cop?
Why is there no Rifftrax of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6gk04xzN3U

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
New VOD
Yambaó

quote:

Yambaó! No, it’s not a dopey social media app you’d never heard of until it was purchased by Google for billions of dollars. Nor is it a miracle cleaning solution sold in 90s infomercials for only $19.99, including a bonus travel-sized tube of Yambaó. Yambaó, quite simply, is Yambaó, and there’s nothing else quite like Yambaó. It’s also entirely possible we just enjoy saying Yambaó.

Yambaó (AKA Cry of the Bewitched, but why would you call it that when you can call it Yambaó) takes place on a sugarcane plantation in Cuba in the 1850s, and centers on the love triangle between a master, one of his slaves, and Yambaó, the mysterious dancing granddaughter of a sorceress who lives in the wilderness - yeah, we know, another one of those dang Cuban plantation witch love triangle movies we’re always doing. It’s weird, it’s fun, it’s flirty, there’s a cave granny with evil magic powers, it’s Yambaó!

Join Mike, Kevin, Bill, and Yambaó for Yambaó Yambaó and Yambaó with Yambaó!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-eM3sOxqoE

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I finish The Bride and The Beast last night and I must say the husband was pretty chill about his wife leaving him for gorillas.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

GhostDog posted:

How did I not know about Samurai Cop?
Why is there no Rifftrax of it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6gk04xzN3U

I think it's just a bit too violent for Rifftrax. There's some out of place creepy moments in there like when the bandaged guy gets his throat cut.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
So, there's a new short up, "Read On, From Left to Right", about, you guessed it, reading from left to right. At first I was baffled as to why someone would make an educational video like this, when it dawned on me it's meant for dyslexic children. It's a really, really bad educational video that's saying "Hey Johnny, just read it the right way this time, got it? Don't be like that stooge, Lem." :smith:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The director of Read On! From Left to Right was nominated for an Oscar.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Just found interview with Mike where he discusses the upcoming live shows.

It looks like they're going to be doing Santa Claus and the Ice Cream Bunny!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Mister Kingdom posted:

HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mister Kingdom posted:

I sincerely hope they go with the alternate version of that movie where the flashback story is Jack and the Beanstalk instead of Thumbelina.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

So was Yambao supposed to be a Romantic Drama or a Musical?

At least Yambao is quite an attractive witch with an evil cave granny.

PrinceRandom fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jul 4, 2014

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

For those with Amazon Prime, there're a bunch of Cinematic Titanic episodes for free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I just figured it out: Lance Fuller is the guy you hire when John Agar is busy.

• Locked thread