Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I just got done seeing unconstitutional, CQ is brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Edit: drat double post

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The Dave posted:

I just got done seeing unconstitutional, CQ is brilliant.
He really is. I saw it last week, and I'm seeing it again in July with my grandmother.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Did O&A talk about Sabean being out? I know they were unhappy with him, but they've been unhappy without everyone and frankly most lasted longer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

It happened today and there was a best of instead of a live show.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
What happened now..

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell
The forums are back! I missed you guys so much!

Weird thing about Sabean being canned all of a sudden. Wonder how that will play out.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I wonder how much it has to do with the R&F move. Also the fact that they're basically back to no other content on the channel anymore.

UncleMonkey
Jan 11, 2005

We watched our friends grow up together
And we saw them as they fell
Some of them fell into Heaven
Some of them fell into Hell

shyduck posted:

I wonder how much it has to do with the R&F move. Also the fact that they're basically back to no other content on the channel anymore.
That was exactly my first thought, too! He isn't handling Howard anymore, right? And the Ron and Fez move has been a disaster! Seems like a lot of stuff has been mishandled and the company doesn't know where it is going with certain channels.

I wonder if Michelle is okay. I know it was cool to hate on her for always coming in to defend Fez but she was just doing her job and she seemed pretty cool. I honestly didn't have anything against her. I hope she still has a job.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

shyduck posted:

UncleMonkey posted:

That was exactly my first thought, too! He isn't handling Howard anymore, right? And the Ron and Fez move has been a disaster! Seems like a lot of stuff has been mishandled and the company doesn't know where it is going with certain channels.

I wonder if Michelle is okay. I know it was cool to hate on her for always coming in to defend Fez but she was just doing her job and she seemed pretty cool. I honestly didn't have anything against her. I hope she still has a job.

I don't have anything against Michelle, but I get the feeling if Tim is gone, so are his people.

And it's hard to say what has been good about the last six months, really. Ron and Fez are still existing as a Fez-drama reality bit, and O&A really don't gain anything by having Fridays off and shifting the show forward a half hour. Both are still listenable for the most part, but nothing that reflects Sabean's talent at making one channel a 'media destination' and stranding the other with no replays and substandard audio quality.

I guess I'm not shocked that Tim is gone, I'm shocked that it happened to quickly and suddenly. That said, I'm kinda hoping the next person in charge of them puts Fez on sabbatical for a while, talks with Ron to see what can be done for his show, and starts helping O&A figure out what they want to do to make their show better. One can dream.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Michele caught on to the Ron and Interns show pretty quick after the eulogy episode, so I hope they at least keep her close enough that she can pop in. Fez telling her he wanted Shelby fired and her just going "Ohh, but he's so pretty!" was the best thing.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
So I saw thanks to Facebook that you can now get a sweet Child of the 80s t shirt on OpieRadio.com, then I clicked to see all his merch. I've never gotten such douche chills from an online shop before.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

TL posted:

So I saw thanks to Facebook that you can now get a sweet Child of the 80s t shirt on OpieRadio.com, then I clicked to see all his merch. I've never gotten such douche chills from an online shop before.

Oh god the quotes shirt.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Did you really think all of his over-repeated "Gonna put this on a t-shirt" lines were jokes?

You see that's the beauty of him...

(Note: I haven't seen the merch shop, nor do I want to)

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Morter posted:

Did you really think all of his over-repeated "Gonna put this on a t-shirt" lines were jokes?

You see that's the beauty of him...

(Note: I haven't seen the merch shop, nor do I want to)

:unsmigghh:

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Where's #BoardOpOpie?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Please tell me he does not sell a shirt that says amongst other things "#tweetmasteropie"

I'm done.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

It's ok it's ironic.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

THAT'S THE BIT YOU IDIOTTTTSSSSSS

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

someone actually made this

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Someone should make a similar t-shirt with quotes from all the fake Opie accounts making fun of him

Because NO ONE would be able to tell the difference! :woop:

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That shirt does a good enough job making fun of him.

Amphion
Jun 10, 2012

All we know is... he's called The Stig.
Looks like Erock has a regular saturday night show now. Should have kept the name Bageling With The Sex.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

therealjon_ posted:

That shirt does a good enough job making fun of him.

I hadn't actually seen the shirt...and now I wish I didn't.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Oh no, that means the plans for the E Rock podcasting network are doomed!

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon
Bring back the Saturday Night Virus shows :(

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

The Dave posted:

Oh no, that means the plans for the E Rock podcasting network are doomed!

But what of his time travelling movie? :(

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

A trifeca of horrible on R&F today.

Opens with The Halls, moves on to the weekly vodka-sponsored listener plug fest and then Gurian with a comedian/magician who no one has ever heard of.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I'm going to buy that shirt. The opester put up some numbers.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Those shirts are embarrassing.

I can't figure out who is worse though, the millionaire selling them as a side gig or the loving idiots buying them.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Or just make Erock do his show in the Virus voice. It might make listening to him talk about The Simpsons and Cheez-Its a little more interesting.

BigPoot
Jan 16, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

Those shirts are embarrassing.

I can't figure out who is worse though, the millionaire selling them as a side gig or the loving idiots buying them.

Or the fans posting themselves wearing them on Twitter to get an Opie RT...

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm officially ashamed I ever listened to this show now :(

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

therealjon_ posted:

I'm officially ashamed I ever listened to this show now :(

Which show?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

T Bowl posted:

Which show?

Opie and Anthony.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Conversely I would totally buy a t-shirt that said 'Stand Alone Fruit"

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
A Stand Alone Fruit shirt with an unflattering portrait of Fez while Doctor Octopus stents burst out of his chest.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Bring back Sam & Than
Bring back Sam & San
Bring back Than & Tham
Bring back Than & Sam :cheers:

Lieutenant Centaur