Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

zoux posted:

Wth man.

Wowowow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I wonder if there's like a standard scarred man template they both happened to use.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

zoux posted:

Wth man.

:lol:

This has given a blow to Arrow's publicity team for me.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

zoux posted:

Wth man.

It was fan made

http://emreunayli.deviantart.com/art/True-Blood-The-Final-Season-Poster-Tara-406766065

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

:lol:

This has given a blow to Arrow's publicity team for me.

Why would it? Like, assuming it's real (and looking at the bottom of Manganiello's portion of the pic, it may not be) that poster would've came long after Arrows did.

edit: ^ There we go, not real.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's a fan-made manip.

Thanks, Google image search!

edit: HURRRRRR :doom:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, a feh on both your houses.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

It's a fan-made manip.

Thanks, Google image search!

Thanks also to "Reading the text on the actual poster!" which should have been the first move.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Consider my comment retracted.

Deadpool posted:

Thanks also to "Reading the text on the actual poster!" which should have been the first move.

Eh, I know poo poo about True Blood :shrug:

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 26, 2014

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

zoux posted:

Wth man.

"A Lightning Strike gave me abs?" :confused:

That line is still probably the most CW thing I have ever heard.

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

If sure he gets to watch it but if the rest of us do its horse poo poo

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

ayb posted:

If sure he gets to watch it but if the rest of us do its horse poo poo

Circumstances are a bit different between him watching and some random rear end person who decided to get it through :filez:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
He shouldn't be that mad, at least all the positive buzz it generated will ensure that people will watch the premier.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Krad posted:

He shouldn't be that mad, at least all the positive buzz it generated will ensure that people will watch the premier.

Cause it worked so well for Hulk.

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.

Krad posted:

Surely it means the opposite though, considering the premier will be an episode that anyone who is interested in the show will have already seen. I think that's why Amell doesn't like that it leaked, it might hurt the show's ratings for the first episode.
(Edit: An episode that he gets royalties from, don't forget.)

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

JohnSherman posted:

Cause it worked so well for Hulk.

No idea about that one.

Pigbog posted:

Surely it means the opposite though, considering the premier will be an episode that anyone who is interested in the show will have already seen. I think that's why Amell doesn't like that it leaked, it might hurt the show's ratings for the first episode.
(Edit: An episode that he gets royalties from, don't forget.)

The leaked file's quality is pretty terrible and the premier is months from now. I'll definitely watch it again.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
There are usually only to reasons a show like this gets leaked:

1) The studio ok'd it to generate buzz, albeit in a *wink wink nudge* way
2) Someone didn't mind getting fired

My guess is on the first one just due to the timing ahead of SDCC and to keep interest up over a long Summer. I can understand Amell being mad from his perspective, but screener copies of pilots are considerably more tightly controlled than, say, Oscar screeners that everyone knows about. If it was accidental, someone will no longer be working in entertainment quite soon.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I think the fact that it leaked so early kind of negates the 'Now no one will watch it!' concern. I mean I'm sure there's some number of people who watched it and for whatever reason decided that they're not tuning in, but I bet that number is pretty small compared to the people who watch/like Arrow, know about the Flash show, and decided to track down the pilot. Seems like it'll mostly be (good) free press for the show for the next couple of months until the actual premiere.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Axel Serenity posted:

There are usually only to reasons a show like this gets leaked:

1) The studio ok'd it to generate buzz, albeit in a *wink wink nudge* way
2) Someone didn't mind getting fired

My guess is on the first one just due to the timing ahead of SDCC and to keep interest up over a long Summer. I can understand Amell being mad from his perspective, but screener copies of pilots are considerably more tightly controlled than, say, Oscar screeners that everyone knows about. If it was accidental, someone will no longer be working in entertainment quite soon.

Yeah I'm in the 'studio leaked it' camp to see if it gets any buzz going. I'd like to think they also wanted to see what people's criticism was up front. Personally there's just one scene they could have done much better, been more fitting, but I'm probably in the minority on it... for me that scene was cool but could have been much cooler.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I don't know if this makes me the odd viewer, but I watched it today. I'll probably watch it later. And I'll definitely be watching it when it airs, for solidarity's sake. And I'll be talking it up to all of my friends between now and October. It's more than I could have hoped for. Except for one thing, anyway.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Warmachine posted:

I don't know if this makes me the odd viewer, but I watched it today. I'll probably watch it later. And I'll definitely be watching it when it airs, for solidarity's sake. And I'll be talking it up to all of my friends between now and October. It's more than I could have hoped for. Except for one thing, anyway.

Yeah, this is basically where I'm at. I will absolutely watch it again in October and I will be telling my friends to watch it too.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Warmachine posted:

This is kind of where I'm at right now. I haven't watched the whole thing yet but just the intro confirming time-traveling Professor Zoom trying to kill Barry as a kid and Grant just rocking as Barry have got me on board.

GateheaD
Sep 27, 2005

Gatorade me bitch
wouldn't the flash pilot have been better off when he was on Arrow instead of like 1/2 a year later?

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

One of the later episodes of S2 of Arrow was supposed to be a backdoor pilot for The Flash, but they liked his first two eps so much they went straight to pilot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus being its own thing means it can be a Flash episode, and not an Arrow one.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

GateheaD posted:

wouldn't the flash pilot have been better off when he was on Arrow instead of like 1/2 a year later?

After his episode on Arrow, he was in a coma. Much like the hiatus time skip in between S1 and S2, it lines up great with the pilot, which was backdoored with the S2 midseason finale.

WarLocke posted:

This is kind of where I'm at right now. I haven't watched the whole thing yet but just the intro confirming time-traveling Professor Zoom trying to kill Barry as a kid and Grant just rocking as Barry have got me on board.

Yeeeah. Spoiler embargo is chipping at me here. You'll see when you finish the episode.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Warmachine posted:

After his episode on Arrow, he was in a coma. Much like the hiatus time skip in between S1 and S2, it lines up great with the pilot, which was backdoored with the S2 midseason finale.

Yeeeah. Spoiler embargo is chipping at me here. You'll see when you finish the episode.

Did I miss something at the end of the episode? Spoiler tag or PM or whatever you have to do.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
EDIT: Never mind, spoiler policy is a touch confusing right now. Deleting the whole post just in case.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Seems to me that they've all but disregarded the backdoor pilot entirely, it's obvious Barry and Ollie know eachother and that's it really.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Deakul posted:

Seems to me that they've all but disregarded the backdoor pilot entirely, it's obvious Barry and Ollie know eachother and that's it really.

I'm not sure what you mean, the scene where he gets hit by lightning happened on Arrow as well. I felt like the cameo thing with Amell was kind of forced but it's not like Barry has anyone else to ask about being a hero.

Granted, it assumes you saw the appropriate Arrow episodes...

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Here's a link to the leaked pilot. I don't think it counts as :filez: since it's on Youtube.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

WarLocke posted:

I'm not sure what you mean, the scene where he gets hit by lightning happened on Arrow as well. I felt like the cameo thing with Amell was kind of forced but it's not like Barry has anyone else to ask about being a hero.

Yep. The second part of the two-part midseason finale has Barry in the Quiver Arrow Cave and Oliver being less than thrilled about it. He warmed up to Barry as time went on, and given that the only other person who does super heroics that he knows is Green Arrow, guess who he's gonna go to for a mentor?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

WarLocke posted:

I don't know, I just expected them to shoot the poo poo a little more about what's been going on in Starling City and I don't know, make it feel more like it came from Arrow.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I'm personally ok with them keeping the two shows almost completely separate, apart from the obvious crossover episode(s?) every season. Too much of them hanging out together and I think you'd get into the weird comic book logic territory where there would suddenly be no real reason why Barry couldn't just come in and save the day literally always since it would take like a minute out of his day to do.

Also my favorite inconsequential part of the Flash pilot that I thought was hilarious was that they changed the goofy flip/somersault that Ollie does off the roof before swinging away that I made fun of when the Flash trailer came out to instead have him do a regular swan dive over the edge. Guess someone else thought it was just a bit too goofy as well.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

VDay posted:

I'm personally ok with them keeping the two shows almost completely separate, apart from the obvious crossover episode(s?) every season. Too much of them hanging out together and I think you'd get into the weird comic book logic territory where there would suddenly be no real reason why Barry couldn't just come in and save the day literally always since it would take like a minute out of his day to do.

Also my favorite inconsequential part of the Flash pilot that I thought was hilarious was that they changed the goofy flip/somersault that Ollie does off the roof before swinging away that I made fun of when the Flash trailer came out to instead have him do a regular swan dive over the edge. Guess someone else thought it was just a bit too goofy as well.

Well gently caress THAT, I'm not watching a show that doesn't have Ollie doing rad flips when he peace's out of a scene.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Barry's top speed is subsonic in the show, it would actually take him a decent amount of time to get to Starling.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Barry's top speed is subsonic in the show, it would actually take him a decent amount of time to get to Starling.

Yeah, I think he'd have to run 600 miles or so? Which would take more than an hour normally. His absolute top speed that we see is like 700mph, and that's when he REALLY pushed it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Once the Flash does the inevitable and turns Barry into a speed god then it will be a tougher sell, but for now they can't just call him up all the time. That's a 2 hour round trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

BreakAtmo posted:

Yeah, I think he'd have to run 600 miles or so? Which would take more than an hour normally. His absolute top speed that we see is like 700mph, and that's when he REALLY pushed it.

This is like the day after he wakes up from the coma though. There's no reason they can't say that that's not his top speed. Although I'd bet on it being some sort of climactic moment when he discovers/manages to break the sound barrier.

• Locked thread