Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

LorneReams posted:

I thought it was pretty good. Some of the tornado stuff was meh, but otherwise, they did a pretty good job of showing what super speed looks like.

I don't think anything will top the poo poo from the new Xmen movie though....that whole sequence ruined speedsters in modern media for me.

You don't blow that scene on the Pilot though. You save that for at least a mid-season finale if not a season finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Presumably at the same time Barry overcomes the sound barrier hurdle he's supposed to have.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
The only real downside to the Pilot was the score being utter garbage. Like even by Pilot Stock Music standards it was just bad.

EDIT: And in non-:filez: content, Fox just released a new round of character posters for Gotham and it looks like someone let the interns try Photoshop again.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 26, 2014

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

And Elden Henson has been cast as Foggy in the Daredevil show which sites are trying to spin as a Hunger Games star joining the show when the more important part is whether he will teach Matt how to do the flying V.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

404GoonNotFound posted:

The only real downside to the Pilot was the score being utter garbage. Like even by Pilot Stock Music standards it was just bad.

EDIT: And in non-:filez: content, Fox just released a new round of character posters for Gotham and it looks like someone let the interns try Photoshop again.

Ivy Pepper? Really?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Oh, you know they'll replace most of that with the modern equivalent of Remy Zero by the time episode 2 hits.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Ivy Pepper huh? OK.

Waterhaul posted:

And Elden Henson has been cast as Foggy in the Daredevil show which sites are trying to spin as a Hunger Games star joining the show when the more important part is whether he will teach Matt how to do the flying V.

I have no idea who this person is. Hope he's decent.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Madkal posted:

Ivy Pepper? Really?

No one will be able to tell she is supposed to be Poison Ivy if we use her real name! Never mind the fact that any one who actually gives a poo poo about Poison Ivy would know her real name!

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Do they seriously think audience members are that dumb? :psyduck:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

BrianWilly posted:

Do they seriously think audience members are that dumb? :psyduck:

I can tell you with certainty that a lot of them are.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Waterhaul posted:

I saw this image from the Flash pilot going around during the downtime SPOILERS and this is all I want from the show.

I knew what that image was before I clicked it.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

404GoonNotFound posted:

The main keynote for the Flash leitmotif (or whatever the hell we'll call it) worked fairly well for me, as a kind of 'get ready' cue, but beyond that the score was pretty unremarkable, yeah. I remember none of the music in scenes outside of the main bit.

But yes, the super speed actually worked, so long as it was outside looking on, rather than from Barry's 'perspective' (aside of the brief bit in the Cafe). Personally, its my preferred kind of super speed, since you can see him moving in there, but still too fast to fully catch. Works more for me.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Deadpool posted:

I have no idea who this person is. Hope he's decent.

He was Fulton Reed in the classic film Mighty Ducks.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

The suitcase shot guy?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

bobkatt013 posted:

Should've cast Kenan.

Fishylungs
Jan 12, 2008

zoux posted:

Should've cast Kenan.

I'd be down for a Kenan Foggy. Plus it keeps the running theme of black sidekicks.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Dexo posted:

You don't blow that scene on the Pilot though. You save that for at least a mid-season finale if not a season finale.

This is by the Arrow team right? You'll get that scene in episode 5 and he'll be running around the world to build up speed to rip braniac apart by episode 10.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Soylentbits posted:

This is by the Arrow team right? You'll get that scene in episode 5 and he'll be running around the world to build up speed to rip braniac apart by episode 10.

Season 1 finale will be breaking the light barrier.

Season 2, will be a time travel arc where he has to help his past-self, but can't let his past self see or know ala Quantum Leap, nudging a badguy here, doing some small semi related thing there, all of which ties in with little things sprinkled all through season 1 episodes where it's like "BOY, IT SURE IS A LUCKY COINCIDENCE THAT *THING* JUST HAPPENED IN EXACTLY THIS WAY WINK WINK* culminating in a climactic Season 2 showdown with Professor Zoom, where Barry finds out he is pre-destined to kill his mother or else millions of people/the whole world will die because he never becomes the Flash. *cue a call back to the scene in the pilot where she says it's better to have a good heart than fast legs blah blah*
Season 2 will end on a cliffhanger

Season 3 will open up back in an altered present where Barry managed to save his mom, but she turns out to be a super hosed up villain from Flash's rogue's gallery...

Edit: oh god this is gonna be the new 'Superman beats Bizarro to death while crying' isn't it?

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jun 27, 2014

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Error 404 posted:

culminating in a climactic Season 2 showdown with Professor Zoom, where Barry finds out he is pre-destined to kill his mother or else millions of people/the whole world will die because he never becomes the Flash.

I unironically expect this to come up at some point, he's fighting with Zoom in that room and young Barry shows up, so he has to save his young self (and let Zoom kill his mother) or he'll never exist as the Flash. Followed by angst/a breakdown when he realizes that he was never going to be able to save her.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just saw it; am hype as gently caress.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

zoux posted:

Just saw it; am hype as gently caress.

Yeah, I can see why the studio leaked it to try and build buzz, it has some flaws akin to the first couple eps of Arrow, but it's the loving Flash, man.

*posts page after page of nothing but :flashfap: repeating.*

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It moved extremely fast for a pilot. It'll be ready to start doing cool Flash stuff in the second episode. Also glad that Joe West is already clued in, so we won't have obnoxious "gotta lie constantly to protect my identity" scenes, and West can cover for him and poo poo.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Some questions:

1: Papa West's new partner was something Thawn, right? Isn't Professor Zoom in the comics named Thawn?

2: What's the deal with the Star Labs dude? Is he based on a character or is he a wildcard?

3: I am gonna be really pissed if we just get that one -----Grodd----- teaser.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Some questions:

1: Papa West's new partner was something Thawn, right? Isn't Professor Zoom in the comics named Thawn?

2: What's the deal with the Star Labs dude? Is he based on a character or is he a wildcard?

3: I am gonna be really pissed if we just get that one -----Grodd----- teaser.

There's some speculation that the Prof. is time travelling Thawn from the future

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

I unironically expect this to come up at some point, he's fighting with Zoom in that room and young Barry shows up, so he has to save his young self (and let Zoom kill his mother) or he'll never exist as the Flash. Followed by angst/a breakdown when he realizes that he was never going to be able to save her.

I think it's actually the yellow blur that moves young Barry, not the red one.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

The one thing I am concerned about -- and this is seriously just the one thing because I liked everything else -- is the whole Iris relationship. It just seems ripe for a retread of the whole wangsty CWness that plagued Arrow's first season. Like, did they seriously put her with Barry's potential nemesis? Really? And the whole "promise you won't tell Iris your secret" thing with her dad? Holy poo poo, I know this is a comic book story and god bless it for that, but let's not go overboard with these overdone beats.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's the CW, teen romance drama is the price we pay for having actual good comic book shows on TV.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

zoux posted:

It moved extremely fast for a pilot.

Well, duh. :flashfact:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I think it's actually the yellow blur that moves young Barry, not the red one.

I think you're right, but what reason would Thawn/Zoom/Reverse Flash/whatever have for moving young Barry a couple blocks over and leaving him when his objective is (presumably) to kill him?

Maybe we're remembering wrong, or they'll flip the colors in those shots before the real air date?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did the Zoom kills his mom stuff originate in Rebirth or has that always been part of the lore?

Either way they go way into it in that run.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I want an episode based entirely on the Reverse Flash comic where Thawin is just a dick to young Barry for a solid hour

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

WarLocke posted:

I think you're right, but what reason would Thawn/Zoom/Reverse Flash/whatever have for moving young Barry a couple blocks over and leaving him when his objective is (presumably) to kill him?
Post-Crisis Zoom (so the one that fought Wally, not Barry) would've done it so that surviving the tragedy makes Barry a better hero. That was his shtick, more or less.

Original flavor Reverse-Flash would've done it just to be a dick. Why kill the hero when you can make him hurt instead?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

WarLocke posted:

Maybe we're remembering wrong, or they'll flip the colors in those shots before the real air date?

Well with DC time travel rules, if Barry is part of whatever causes Reverse Flash to get his powers, changing the timeline by Barry dying as a child means poof to his powers.

That scene already aired during Arrow.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

e: Disregard this. I replied in the wrong thread. :psyduck:

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

BrianWilly posted:

The one thing I am concerned about -- and this is seriously just the one thing because I liked everything else -- is the whole Iris relationship. It just seems ripe for a retread of the whole wangsty CWness that plagued Arrow's first season. Like, did they seriously put her with Barry's potential nemesis? Really? And the whole "promise you won't tell Iris your secret" thing with her dad? Holy poo poo, I know this is a comic book story and god bless it for that, but let's not go overboard with these overdone beats.

Let's hope the take a page out of Arrows playbook and finish that storyline by episode three or so.

Also, I am pretty sure we go with post-crisis Zoom here, simply because it maked for a better storyline than used 'is a dick' as motivation.

e X fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 27, 2014

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006

Opopanax posted:

I want an episode based entirely on the Reverse Flash comic where Thawin is just a dick to young Barry for a solid hour

YES! YES YESSSSSSS! That was a great issue. I'm really glad they nailed Barry Allen as a character. Dull and all.

I did enjoy it, even without the chance of ever seeing Wally on this show.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

From BC's piece on the pilot:

http://imgur.com/NFdwpEz

:aaa:

So THAT's where Ollie's company went!

Since this is a shared universe, and there has been precedent for Batman characters on Arrow, can we assume that this is more than just an easter egg?

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Jack Skeleton posted:

I did enjoy it, even without the chance of ever seeing Wally on this show.

If we can get Basically-Arsenal, and Eventually-Speedy in Arrow, I don't see why Kid Flash can't appear in this one eventually.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

mikeycp posted:

If we can get Basically-Arsenal, and Eventually-Speedy in Arrow, I don't see why Kid Flash can't appear in this one eventually.

And Iris West's racelift means that it can be a New52-esque Wally to please DC editorial as well.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jun 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Skeleton
Dec 7, 2006
Well, I mean, pre-52 I would have thought so, but now that Johns has his dull baby back, he no longer needs to pretend caring about Wally.