Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from
I had a user ask me where the enter key was in a keyboard yesterday :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

meanieface posted:

Pissing me off: sharepoint. I just want an easy way to minimize chunks of code or other random information about a field, and have it pop up when you click the field.

Can't do it in a popup box of any kind because the boss wants to be able to print it off for training purposes. :gonk:

Fake edit:
I currently have a small section in a "web part" that is just text so I can minimize it by default. It's just not the prettiest and I would rather something more flexible so I can throw it inside tables.

We have over twenty five thousand Sharepoint sites dating back to 2007. About 14000 haven't been used in over a year. Background jobs are trying to run with accounts that may not even exist anymore, so site collections aren't being updated properly in the search indexing. Holy loving gently caress, what a mess I've inherited.

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

hihifellow posted:

To be fair, some ergonomic keyboards do have the enter key in strange locations. See: Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox etc.
That said, if they're ordering strange keyboards like that, it ought to be up to them to know where the key locations are. Plus, it's not hard to simply look at the keyboard to see what key is what (unless they bought a keyboard with blank keys, but again that's on them).

hihifellow
Jun 17, 2005

seriously where the fuck did this genre come from

TWBalls posted:

To be fair, some ergonomic keyboards do have the enter key in strange locations. See: Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox etc.
That said, if they're ordering strange keyboards like that, it ought to be up to them to know where the key locations are. Plus, it's not hard to simply look at the keyboard to see what key is what (unless they bought a keyboard with blank keys, but again that's on them).

Nope, standard keyboard from an HP Probook 4440s

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
How was she supposed to know? It had a little L on it and didn't say Enter. Maybe they changed it on this model and she didn't want to screw up!

TWBalls
Apr 16, 2003
My medication never lies

hihifellow posted:

Nope, standard keyboard from an HP Probook 4440s

Hmm... Is she blind (or maybe poor vision)? 'Cause god drat. :psyduck:

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

tango alpha delta posted:

We have over twenty five thousand Sharepoint sites dating back to 2007. About 14000 haven't been used in over a year. Background jobs are trying to run with accounts that may not even exist anymore, so site collections aren't being updated properly in the search indexing. Holy loving gently caress, what a mess I've inherited.

I'm on the other side, not a lot of volume but all custom portals and applications built on SharePoint. Lots of special snowflakes.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Oh hey, fps is cut in half when using LDB but not HDMI?

Turns out Android was rounding down to the nearest 30fps with the Hz rate it was seeing.

HDMI = 60hz? 60fps!
LDB = 59.99hz? 30fps!

gently caress you Android!

Sir_Substance
Dec 13, 2013

Time to slash and burnarchive.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.
On Monday a nasty storm came rolling through the area and knocked my building off commercial power. No biggy - we have a metric gently caress-ton of batteries that are more than capable of handling the load for the 30 seconds it takes our generators to spin up. Go check the server farm and everything looks peachy. Go home with no worries.

Come in the next afternoon and find out that Cisco UCS is indicating that a PSU in chassis 4 and chassis 9 has gone bad. Not a huge issue - I'll just log onto Cisco's website and create a TAC request, upload the Tech Support file, and wait for the engineer to respond and send the parts. "You must submit a request for each PSU." Fine, but it's getting late so I do everything for the first chassis and call it a night. Get in the next afternoon and the PSU has arrived. Go down and swap out the PSU and figure the hard part is over. What's this? UCSM still shows the PSU as being bad? But the loving power indicator is on! poo poo, better send the engineer another email, and while I'm doing that I can submit another request.

The engineer's now start asking for clarification: was the chassis behind a UPS? Did we have a PDU? Was the building struck by lightning? Yes. Yes. No. Now send me my loving PSU.

"We're sorry, but both tickets appear to be a related issue and there is no way that the Cisco equipment could be at fault. You obviously have deficient UPS/PDU, or a bad electrical circuit. Cisco is unable to provide any further assistance due to "Acts of God" or excessive wear and tear beyond the specified usage. I'm afraid we will be unable to process this RMA, however as a courtesy I will escalate this ticket to our requisitions team for further consideration."

Motherfuckers do not know who they are dealing with - goddamn foreign engineers. I fire off an email asking them if they would please confirm that they are refusing to provide any further assistance and laying the blame for this issue on us. Never got a response back, and that's when they must have realized that they'd screwed the pooch. I doubt if they even looked at the specifics of the service contract. We're the loving United States Department of Defense - the level of service we pay for means we could take a baseball bat to the equipment and they'd still have to send us replacement parts. I fire off an email to my boss for him to deal with in the morning and head home.

I get in early this afternoon and what do I behold? A very apologetic email from the engineer's supervisor - the fucker is drat near groveling about how sorry they are that there was any confusion in this issue, that of course they'll be happy to issue me an RMA for the obviously defective equipment, that they just want to remind me that their number one priority is providing outstanding customer support, that my happiness with their level of service is their only concern, and that they will do whatever it takes to resolve any issue we may be having with the equipment.

I'm hoping somewhere in Mexico two former Cisco "engineers" are staring at each other across drinks at the bar and, while tears stream down their faces, say in unison, "Should have checked the service contract."

Sigh. It's the same thing every time I send Cisco a TAC request - I just wish to hell the idiots would stop trying to play games with me. Fortunately only a couple more weeks before I move to my new position as an Exchange Admin. Goodbye hardware support!

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Dell support usually isn't too bad, but they did piss me off a bit once. We had a DIMM go bad in one of our production servers, so we did the usual troubleshooting steps to confirm that it was the DIMM, then hit up Dell support and got another one shipped out easily enough under our four-hour support contract. However, when the replacement arrived, the new DIMM was slightly but obviously warped into a semicircle shape. Tried it anyway, but of course it didn't work. Called Dell again and requested another replacement and the tech goes "Oh, only original parts are not covered under the four hour support, and that replacement DIMM isn't original, so the new one be there within two days." :argh:

They've also sent us the wrong part a few times, even after specifying exactly what kind of memory we need and providing a part number. Overall, though, they've been pretty good, and their current hardware seems to be fairly reliable. Definitely better than a lot of vendor support these days. I was once sitting in on a call with a network hardware vendor and I ended up having to tell the vendor guy how to do some basic operations on the CLI when I wasn't even a network admin and had never even logged into one of the devices in question. :downs:

Casull
Aug 13, 2005

:catstare: :catstare: :catstare:
I once got put on hold with Dell for two hours to RMA a drive.

I open with that statement, but other than that, Dell has had pretty decent levels of service so far. Any time a hard drive failed, all I had to do was play the usual game of "collect logs, send over, let them verify it's failed, then send me a new drive."

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009

Do those sites contain custom code or is it just about the :effort: of upgrading to newer versions?

About two years ago I inherited an old Sharepoint farm connected to our TFS. I updated it to 2010, then configured site expiration policies. Eventually usage was low enough that I could shut the entire thing down.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Massively pissing me off? Time Warner redirecting all of my traffic to a site giving me options to pay my bill(which is current, I just checked). What the gently caress???

rolleyes
Nov 16, 2006

Sometimes you have to roll the hard... two?

AlternateAccount posted:

Massively pissing me off? Time Warner redirecting all of my traffic to a site giving me options to pay my bill(which is current, I just checked). What the gently caress???

Your home broadband or your business account? Because if the latter then yeah, that's some seriously unprofessional behaviour right there.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Daylen Drazzi posted:

On Monday a nasty storm came rolling through the area and knocked my building off commercial power. No biggy - we have a metric gently caress-ton of batteries that are more than capable of handling the load for the 30 seconds it takes our generators to spin up. Go check the server farm and everything looks peachy. Go home with no worries.

Come in the next afternoon and find out that Cisco UCS is indicating that a PSU in chassis 4 and chassis 9 has gone bad. Not a huge issue - I'll just log onto Cisco's website and create a TAC request, upload the Tech Support file, and wait for the engineer to respond and send the parts. "You must submit a request for each PSU." Fine, but it's getting late so I do everything for the first chassis and call it a night. Get in the next afternoon and the PSU has arrived. Go down and swap out the PSU and figure the hard part is over. What's this? UCSM still shows the PSU as being bad? But the loving power indicator is on! poo poo, better send the engineer another email, and while I'm doing that I can submit another request.

The engineer's now start asking for clarification: was the chassis behind a UPS? Did we have a PDU? Was the building struck by lightning? Yes. Yes. No. Now send me my loving PSU.

"We're sorry, but both tickets appear to be a related issue and there is no way that the Cisco equipment could be at fault. You obviously have deficient UPS/PDU, or a bad electrical circuit. Cisco is unable to provide any further assistance due to "Acts of God" or excessive wear and tear beyond the specified usage. I'm afraid we will be unable to process this RMA, however as a courtesy I will escalate this ticket to our requisitions team for further consideration."

Motherfuckers do not know who they are dealing with - goddamn foreign engineers. I fire off an email asking them if they would please confirm that they are refusing to provide any further assistance and laying the blame for this issue on us. Never got a response back, and that's when they must have realized that they'd screwed the pooch. I doubt if they even looked at the specifics of the service contract. We're the loving United States Department of Defense - the level of service we pay for means we could take a baseball bat to the equipment and they'd still have to send us replacement parts. I fire off an email to my boss for him to deal with in the morning and head home.

I get in early this afternoon and what do I behold? A very apologetic email from the engineer's supervisor - the fucker is drat near groveling about how sorry they are that there was any confusion in this issue, that of course they'll be happy to issue me an RMA for the obviously defective equipment, that they just want to remind me that their number one priority is providing outstanding customer support, that my happiness with their level of service is their only concern, and that they will do whatever it takes to resolve any issue we may be having with the equipment.

I'm hoping somewhere in Mexico two former Cisco "engineers" are staring at each other across drinks at the bar and, while tears stream down their faces, say in unison, "Should have checked the service contract."

Sigh. It's the same thing every time I send Cisco a TAC request - I just wish to hell the idiots would stop trying to play games with me. Fortunately only a couple more weeks before I move to my new position as an Exchange Admin. Goodbye hardware support!

Can I have you call Cisco in my stead from now on? I opened a TAC case with them about a Cisco videoconference system that supposedly was losing audio during a call. I checked everything I could remotely, even had people use different equipment on the hdmi port. I opened the case expecting to get "Hey, give us the config and status files, we'll ship a new one and call it a day." Instead, I'm asked to get a goddamn packet capture, because apparently somewhere in the network stream that says to drop audio, but leave video perfect.

I miss working with old company that handled Tandberg units, any problems with the units and I'd receive a new one the next day. With Cisco it takes 3 days of arguing with support for them to ship me a replacement system, then they get pissy when they haven't received the defective one in 1 day.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

SubjectVerbObject posted:

This is easy. Issue resolved by escalation to second line (or sales). Closing ticket and creating related case for escalation.

The last time I company I worked for started talking about closing a certain number of tickets a month, I told my manager, 'Sure! How many do you want? Let me open up my ticketing system and I will get them for you right now.' I don't think that got the message across, but folks in foreign office centers kicking our butts in ticket count because they opened a ticket for every phone call or email they got did.

Oh hey I can log in again! Been wanting to elaborate on how dumb my company is and why this wouldn't work for me, so hold on to your seat! If they caught us making duplicate tickets they'd be a meeting about me inflating my stats. Apparently the report is only to show how many tickets I can fix myself rather than needing to ask for help.

I pointed out to my manager how that was dumb that was as even if I resolve a ticket, if its going to take longer than a day to do or requires a quote I don't get the credit. He just shrugged and said "Well, how am I going to explain to my boss that my engineers only close 3 tickets a day".

This is bollocks, because I close around 8 each day and raise a good deal more, but he still has his sights set on us hitting double figures on the resolved numbers. This is in spite of that whole maths thing I pointed out earlier, where 10 engineers need 100 calls in a day for that to happen, plus all of those calls need to be solvable by us (I.E, not database or hardware related). So its never going to happen.

I've figured out my workaround though. I've just made an outlook rule that instantly dumps any email about his dumb reports into the trash. Don't even see them come up any more, feels good. Can just get on with work and pretend the drama isn't happening.

--------------------------

On a different note

The boss of the company has replaced one of the toilets (the spacious one for the disabled, we have one even though no disabled people work here) with a brand new toilet, sink and even a shower! Only he has the key to the door, which brings us to under the legal limit for toilets here. I didn't care to much, but then he locked down the other one and said it was for visitors only for that day, meaning that 30 blokes had to share one toilet.

gently caress you man, gently caress you. I could barely stomach the smell of that toilet by the end of the day.

dogstile fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Jun 27, 2014

hirvox
Sep 8, 2009
People who won't accept "No, I can't help you. I already have plenty of other work." as an answer.

skooky
Oct 2, 2013

dennyk posted:

Dell support usually isn't too bad, but they did piss me off a bit once. We had a DIMM go bad in one of our production servers, so we did the usual troubleshooting steps to confirm that it was the DIMM, then hit up Dell support and got another one shipped out easily enough under our four-hour support contract. However, when the replacement arrived, the new DIMM was slightly but obviously warped into a semicircle shape. Tried it anyway, but of course it didn't work. Called Dell again and requested another replacement and the tech goes "Oh, only original parts are not covered under the four hour support, and that replacement DIMM isn't original, so the new one be there within two days." :argh:

How long ago did this happen? If it was a ProSupport/Gold/Whatever warranty, that's not even close to being correct. I could understand a tech being hesitant to send another part due to metric concerns, but the replacement will be sent anyway and if there are any concerns from the customer, most likely uplifted to 2 hours. That reason is just :psyduck:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

dogstile posted:

On a different note

The boss of the company has replaced one of the toilets (the spacious one for the disabled, we have one even though no disabled people work here) with a brand new toilet, sink and even a shower! Only he has the key to the door, which brings us to under the legal limit for toilets here. I didn't care to much, but then he locked down the other one and said it was for visitors only for that day, meaning that 30 blokes had to share one toilet.

gently caress you man, gently caress you. I could barely stomach the smell of that toilet by the end of the day.

Send an anonymous note to OSHA or whoever your version is. Does he lock the fire exits too so that you can't take breaks?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

hihifellow posted:

I've had:
"How do I do 'central alt delete?'"
"What's a colon?"
"What's an exclamation mark?"
"What's the shift key?"

Last one was pretty funny. A coworker was on at least the fourth call from one user who kept locking themselves out of the system by getting their password wrong and was becoming very frustrated. Turned out there was a symbol character in the password and she used caps lock in place of the shift key.

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!
Huh, I work with Cisco TAC to replace defective PSUs for Cisco 6500s and 4500s all the time. They're nothing but helpful. Matter of fact, just yesterday I had one on my desk less than 24 hours after I opened my ticket requesting a new one. I've had this experience with replacing defective SUPs too.

Hopefully I won't run into that kind of push back in the future.

Westie
May 30, 2013

Baboon Simulator

dogstile posted:

Health and safety "poo poo"

Talk to your boss, if he still is retarded I'd call the HSE rather quickly.

Also, any of you folks deal with anything made by Realex Payments?
If you do, how the gently caress do you not flip out or anything, it's mind-numbingly stupid.

Daylen Drazzi
Mar 10, 2007

Why do I root for Notre Dame? Because I like pain, and disappointment, and anguish. Notre Dame Football has destroyed more dreams than the Irish Potato Famine, and that is the kind of suffering I can get behind.

GOOCHY posted:

Huh, I work with Cisco TAC to replace defective PSUs for Cisco 6500s and 4500s all the time. They're nothing but helpful. Matter of fact, just yesterday I had one on my desk less than 24 hours after I opened my ticket requesting a new one. I've had this experience with replacing defective SUPs too.

Hopefully I won't run into that kind of push back in the future.

My team lead told me I made the classic mistake of stating that we'd lost commercial power, which gave the idiot engineers a crack in which to wedge their "Act of God" bullshit excuse. I still don't understand why they even thought that poo poo would fly. Like I said, I can only imagine they thought they were going to pull one over on me and only realized near the end that they'd royally hosed up. Not my problem now - everything is fixed and back to working fine.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

bitterandtwisted posted:

I've had:
"How do I do 'central alt delete?'"
"What's a colon?"
"What's an exclamation mark?"
"What's the shift key?"

Last one was pretty funny. A coworker was on at least the fourth call from one user who kept locking themselves out of the system by getting their password wrong and was becoming very frustrated. Turned out there was a symbol character in the password and she used caps lock in place of the shift key.

How did they type the symbol if they were using caps lock as shift when they made the password? :psyduck:

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I continue to have a different opinion than my coworkers about the word "guess" and its definition.

Me: a guess is a number that an informed party gives you within 10 seconds of being asked
Them: a guess involves an initial meeting, a spreadsheet to gather all the information, and a follow up team meeting.

Am I just being petty and semantic about the difference between a guess and an estimate?

keseph
Oct 21, 2010

beep bawk boop bawk

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I continue to have a different opinion than my coworkers about the word "guess" and its definition.

Me: a guess is a number that an informed party gives you within 10 seconds of being asked
Them: a guess involves an initial meeting, a spreadsheet to gather all the information, and a follow up team meeting.

Am I just being petty and semantic about the difference between a guess and an estimate?

It just depends on how many times the speaker's guess has been picked up by a PM and shipped to a customer or upper management and turned into a hard deliverable/deadline without said meetings and spreadsheet. It's a paranoia defense against bad PMs, Sales, and Managers.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

A guess is a random selection from the set of ALL possible answers.

Edit: I guess you already expected this response

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

keseph posted:

It just depends on how many times the speaker's guess has been picked up by a PM and shipped to a customer or upper management and turned into a hard deliverable/deadline without said meetings and spreadsheet. It's a paranoia defense against bad PMs, Sales, and Managers.
Yeah I was about to provide like, an example of myself giving a guess, but I backed off it because I figure it's important to make the distinction between making a guess when discussing a project with my team, and making a guess when it's someone who's going to try to hold me to a number.

e: AGH I hate loving slow conference calls oh my god. "Let's do the math" - it's 800 dollars, okay? We don't need to do the math. It's 300 + 300 + 100 + 100, shut calc.exe before I lose it.

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jun 27, 2014

Commodore 64
Apr 2, 2007

The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange

Casull posted:

I once got put on hold with Dell for two hours to RMA a drive.

I open with that statement, but other than that, Dell has had pretty decent levels of service so far. Any time a hard drive failed, all I had to do was play the usual game of "collect logs, send over, let them verify it's failed, then send me a new drive."

Dell is pretty good for most hardware failures, but god help you if you have a wireless problem.

Then you'll get routed to their "wireless division" (my guess is a shack in the Manila slums with two people and a phone).

We bought for our C's Latitude 6430u's and D5000 docks. The laptops are fine, but the D5000's and the WiGig cards are the biggest pieces of poo poo ever. We've had at least a 50% failure rate on these things.

Why wireless docks? Because our laptop users need docks, the 6430's only support wireless docks and the guy who ordered them loves his gimmicky tech.

See also our move to Office 2013 from 2010/Libreoffice.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

rolleyes posted:

Your home broadband or your business account? Because if the latter then yeah, that's some seriously unprofessional behaviour right there.

Home internet. I guess it's a way to get people to sign up for auto-debit, but like I said, my bill is current and typically is. Meanwhile apps and anything that's not a web browser is broken and has no idea what's going on. I finally go to log into my firewall and I see their loving stupid bullshit.

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Volmarias posted:

How did they type the symbol if they were using caps lock as shift when they made the password? :psyduck:

It was a password we gave her. They're prompted to change them after they log in successfully.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Commodore 64 posted:

Why wireless docks? Because our laptop users need docks, the 6430's only support wireless docks and the guy who ordered them loves his gimmicky tech.

These will work just fine with the 6430's: http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04&sku=331-7947

Honestly I had no idea that Dell even made/sold wireless docking stations until this post.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think at least half of the reason docks are useful is charging capability anyway, so a wireless dock seems like a pointless complication in any case.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Inspector_666 posted:

I think at least half of the reason docks are useful is charging capability anyway, so a wireless dock seems like a pointless complication in any case.

Our Toshiba docks need the same PSU as the laptop.

But they don't charge the laptop.

So for every machine, we need three expensive PSUs - one for the laptop at home, one for the laptop in the office, one for the dock. :bravo:

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

We order these and I didnt even realize they were wireless. Why have a wireless dock though? I mean wont the laptop's wireless card work. Are they just going from desk to desk needing a monitor or two and a mouse keyboard setup?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

BaseballPCHiker posted:

We order these and I didnt even realize they were wireless. Why have a wireless dock though? I mean wont the laptop's wireless card work. Are they just going from desk to desk needing a monitor or two and a mouse keyboard setup?

The 'wireless' part is that you don't have to physically connect your laptop to the dock. I honestly do not see the point. You still have to put the 'dock' somewhere (taking up desk space), your laptop still has to sit somewhere (also taking up desk space). They're even close to $100 more than the actual physical dock. I would have said it's solving a problem that doesn't even exist but I guess that problem is "I am Commodore 64's coworker and I don't have enough pointless gadgets on my desk right now."

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

Sirotan posted:

The 'wireless' part is that you don't have to physically connect your laptop to the dock. I honestly do not see the point. You still have to put the 'dock' somewhere (taking up desk space), your laptop still has to sit somewhere (also taking up desk space). They're even close to $100 more than the actual physical dock. I would have said it's solving a problem that doesn't even exist but I guess that problem is "I am Commodore 64's coworker and I don't have enough pointless gadgets on my desk right now."

Wait so the whole benefit is that it can sit somewhere near the dock and you can use monitors and a keyboard/mouse setup? Does it use NFC or Bluetooth or something? I cant see any benefits to this. We order those bigger models just because they have a higher wattage to support some of the massive desktop replacement laptops that get ordered.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

spog posted:

Our Toshiba docks need the same PSU as the laptop.

But they don't charge the laptop.

So for every machine, we need three expensive PSUs - one for the laptop at home, one for the laptop in the office, one for the dock. :bravo:

So if your machine is docked, then you're using two PSUs at the same time if you won't want your laptop's battery to run down?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commodore 64
Apr 2, 2007

The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange

Sirotan posted:

...that problem is "I am Commodore 64's boss and I don't think about what will work in a business environment; only what looks cool because I don't have to support it or use it."

Fixed that.

My bad on the typo; Sirotan. We have the 6430u; Dells Latitude ultrabook.

It doesn't have the ePort on the bottom, but the new e7440 has ePort and WiGig.