Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Doltos posted:

You literally have a racial slur in your custom title.

Romani gypsies weren't the only groups hit by Hitler and no one deserves what happened to them in the Holocaust. But since then the Romani gypsies have by and large refused to merge with modern society and have caused huge issues in Western European countries. There are very real issues with nomadic societies that institute their own laws in countries like England, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Germany, and Spain.

Hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Doltos posted:

Ah I see, it's not racist to use racist words if it's a joke

I agree that context is an incredibly hard concept to grasp my n*gga

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

CestMoi posted:

I'd say it's less racist than being racist imho.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/are-gypsies-really-the-greatest-problem-europe-is-facing-20131026-2w87d.html
http://www.economist.com/blogs/easternapproaches/2012/05/europe%E2%80%99s-biggest-societal-problem
http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1f3bok/what_makes_europeans_hate_gypsies_so_much_are/
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/roma--the-unwanted-europeans-8906382.html
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...rt-2307903.html

I'd say I'm not the only one who shares this opinion considering it's a major issue facing Europe right now.

Besides, it's a socio-economic problem, not an issue with race.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doltos posted:

Besides, it's a socio-economic problem, not an issue with race.

You can dog whistle all you want but you chose to define them by their race so guess what? You're a racist.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Doltos posted:

Ah you see a group that's well known for Western European countries wanting to kick them out due to their inability to merge with society, who create illegal settlements and squat in areas to ruin businesses and established homes, who are constantly shown in youtube videos trying to scam people with fake gold ring tricks, who steal dogs and use them as bait dogs, who mug and pickpocket tourists, who create societies where medical treatment is largely ignored and kids are used as child brides, who are just really awful people, are not allowed to be pointed out as really awful people because that's racist.

So yeah, call me racist, but go ahead and live next to these guys for a while and tell me how much you'd like that living situation. The Edema Ruh in the book are completely and utterly flawless according to Kvothe, which is a crock of poo poo and goes in line with all the rest of Rothfuss judging groups of people by one identity instead of looking at individuals. Yes not every gypsy is a horrible person, but by and large their communities are just terrible. There's sufficient evidence to support this without having to include anyone who dislikes the group as being 'racist'.

lol n*gga just walk away man

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Congrats, you share views with other racists.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Widestancer posted:

You can dog whistle all you want but you chose to define them by their race so guess what? You're a racist.

Again you have a racial slur in your title. And how else am I suppose to refer to them besides Romani gypsies? The term 'Romani' covers a wide variety of groups of nomadic Slavic people. Are we not allowed to refer to a group of people with how they identify with themselves?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Doltos posted:

Again you have a racial slur in your title. And how else am I suppose to refer to them besides Romani gypsies? The term 'Romani' covers a wide variety of groups of nomadic Slavic people. Are we not allowed to refer to a group of people with how they identify with themselves?

The Romani aren't Slavic you big dumb SS reject.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doltos posted:

Where is the racial slur? All I see is "n*gger" in my gang tag which I can't seem to find in any dictionary. Can you tell me what the slur is supposed to be? You keep bringing this up but I can't find "n*gger" in the dictionary at all.

You are a racist and now you are trying to deflect blame onto other people. You obviously have a deep seated anger towards this group of people which is similar to other simmering issues that have led to genocides in Europe. You need to seek mental help and I hope that if you do have access to any weapons that you never use them to harm anyone.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Doltos posted:

Hahahahahahahaha

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Widestancer posted:

Where is the racial slur? All I see is "n*gger" in my gang tag which I can't seem to find in any dictionary. Can you tell me what the slur is supposed to be? You keep bringing this up but I can't find "n*gger" in the dictionary at all.

You are a racist and now you are trying to deflect blame onto other people. You obviously have a deep seated anger towards this group of people which is similar to other simmering issues that have led to genocides in Europe. You need to seek mental help and I hope that if you do have access to any weapons that you never use them to harm anyone.

Welp, I'm going to back out of this thread and let you guys circlejerk around Patrick Rothfuss and your own enlightenment. This was a poo poo book and spawned a legion of poo poo SJW followers anyway.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Doltos posted:

Welp, I'm going to back out of this thread and let you guys circlejerk around Patrick Rothfuss and your own enlightenment. This was a poo poo book and spawned a legion of poo poo SJW followers anyway.

Lmao

e: You're mad.

CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

I don't even know who Patrick Rothfuss is.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Doltos posted:

Auf Wiedersehen!

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Doltos posted:

Holy lol.

Even ignoring all the racism, people in this thread have been fairly critical of the author!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Doltos posted:

You complain about the Bowser saying N*gger gangtag then call people SJWs. Are you going to pick a stance or what.

CestMoi
Sep 16, 2011

CestMoi posted:

I don't even know who Patrick Rothfuss is.

The OP to this thread is not at all helpful re: who is Patrick Rothfuss.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

CestMoi posted:

I believe he's a fantasy author of some kind?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Edema Ruh are awful people though. Who the hell offers a thirsty traveler wine first?!?! Jerks.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doltos posted:

I hope that when you back out of this thread that you take some time to reflect on your racism and take the time to adopt some of the ways of the people that you have oppressed. Also please surrender any firearms that you might have and given your tendencies here I hope you don't take out your aggression on your intimate partner if you have one.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Doltos posted:

poo poo SJW followers

This after getting upset about n*gger being in some guys gang tag and posting a dissertation about how much you hate romani

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

CestMoi posted:

Effectronica posted:

I believe he's a fantasy author of some kind?

No I'm pretty sure he's some racist.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Lmao

e: You're mad.

You know what, you're right. I got mad and I reacted poorly to people calling me out on something that's obviously racist. I am being racist when I say I hate gypsies. I really do dislike them as a people and a culture. It's not right, but it's my view point on them. I think a lot of it has to do with how they were treated leading up to the holocaust and afterwards. When you don't provide a people with strong protection from persecution from the government and its citizens and set up social policies to have them as a socio-economic disadvantage, unsavory practices occur.

I apologize, it wasn't right, none of you are idiots (except Wildstancer who is a moron) and you're all correct in your assessment of me and my thoughts. It doesn't change my opinion on gypsies.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

So wait, you know your wrong and being racist but you will not change because gently caress those people?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doltos posted:

You know what, you're right. I got mad and I reacted poorly to people calling me out on something that's obviously racist. I am being racist when I say I hate gypsies. I really do dislike them as a people and a culture. It's not right, but it's my view point on them. I think a lot of it has to do with how they were treated leading up to the holocaust and afterwards. When you don't provide a people with strong protection from persecution from the government and its citizens and set up social policies to have them as a socio-economic disadvantage, unsavory practices occur.

I apologize, it wasn't right, none of you are idiots (except Wildstancer who is a moron) and you're all correct in your assessment of me and my thoughts. It doesn't change my opinion on gypsies.

Who is this "Wildstancer" person you reference? Is this like the "n*gger" slur you keep referencing that I can't find in any dictionary? You refuse to tell us what the actual slur is so :shrug:

Are you just so angry that you can't type properly? It's okay. Breathe, friend. Acknowledge that you have a problem with racism and let the healing begin.

I am glad to hear that you accept your racism and now can begin working towards purging it from your system. Have you contacted a mental health professional yet about this and your impulsive anger problems?

Eye of Widesauron fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 27, 2014

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Stravinsky posted:

So wait, you know your wrong and being racist but you will not change because gently caress those people?

MY COMFORT ZONE

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Widestancer posted:

Who is this "Wildstancer" person you reference? Is this like the "n*gger" slur you keep referencing that I can't find in any dictionary? You refuse to tell us what the actual slur is so :shrug:

Are you just so angry that you can't type properly? It's okay. Breathe, friend. Acknowledge that you have a problem with racism and let the healing begin.

I am glad to hear that you accept your racism and now can begin working towards purging it from your system. Have you contacted a mental health professional yet about this and your impulsive anger problems?

I apologize. Widestancer is a loving moron. There you go.

Stravinsky posted:

No I was wrong that I was calling you people idiots for calling me racist. That's illogical because you're correct, I am being racist when I accuse a group of people of all acting alike. I won't deny the mountains of evidence against the Romani gypsies in Western Europe, however. Those articles I linked show very real clashes between Romani gypsies and local populations. While there is intense hatred from both sides that lead to awful occurrences and events, I don't believe in ignoring them in favor of avoiding being labeled with a very negative word.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Doltos posted:

I'm racist but it's ok because it's my viewpoint and my opinion. hmmm

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

killstealing posted:

I'm racist but it's ok because it's my viewpoint and my opinion. hmmm

I didn't say it was okay, I'm just saying it doesn't change my opinion. Take it or leave it.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

Doltos posted:

No I was wrong that I was calling you people idiots for calling me racist. That's illogical because you're correct, I am being racist when I accuse a group of people of all acting alike. I won't deny the mountains of evidence against the Romani gypsies in Western Europe, however. Those articles I linked show very real clashes between Romani gypsies and local populations. While there is intense hatred from both sides that lead to awful occurrences and events, I don't believe in ignoring them in favor of avoiding being labeled with a very negative word.

Oh, OK. Your just a complete idiot who does not understand what racism is.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Doltos posted:

I'm glad you're working towards apologies. Can you apologize to the people you are oppressing with your viewpoints?

And why are you getting so worked up? Now you're cursing at me. Let's work through this anger and you can become a better person, okay? Let's try a "Feel About Because" statement. Instead of "Widestancer is a loving moron" say how you FEEL about Widestancer and what it is that you feel that way ABOUT and then the BECAUSE behind those feelings.

This is a good start and I think we can get you to no longer be a risk for a spree killing if we keep down this route.

:thumbsup:

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

I have mountains of evidence about how the Jews are wrecking the world guys! Just check out this askreddit link for evidence.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Doltos posted:

"Ugh I don't want to ignore all this injustice done by [race] so just call me a racist guys, I'll grin and bear it like the paladin of justice I am."

Basically gently caress off already imo, all you're doing is getting people to laugh at the new village idiot (you)

Doltos posted:

I didn't say it was okay, I'm just saying it doesn't change my opinion. Take it or leave it.

"It's not okay to be a racist but I'm going to do it anyway for the following reasons: im an idiot, and a big baby, and retarded" are these your words?

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Phew, when I saw so many posts in this thread I was worried the next book had been announced or something.

But thankfully it's just shouting at each other about racism, which is much more appropriate.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
So Rothfuss made real cealdish coins. Marks, Talents, Jots, and Drabs, in descending value.

For people who are fans of his world building, this is a fun thing to bring into the real world officially. I nerdily enjoy the currency-history stuff in the books so as a tchotchke, I can appreciate the creativity. I'm way more likely to buy that than some deviantart on a shirt, like some authors do.

Those talent pipe pins were also pretty nifty, and a hell of a lot more subtle than a Jayne hat.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Quit making poo poo that isn't the next book, Rothfuss! Get it done already :ssj:

Also :lol: "racism is just like.... my opinion maaaaaaaan..."

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

"50 new posts, I wonder if there was an announcement about the next book.

:stare:"

Okay new page. Those coins look like something I'd play with at my desk, which I can dig. I'm thinking of doing a reread of at least the name of the wind because Rothfuss' prose is great and makes it easy to breeze through the pages.

Tuna_Fish_Odyssey
May 15, 2013
De-rail of the year, calling it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Sadly, all of the coins other than solo drabs are already sold out :(

• Locked thread