Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

guess you lose at arguing online too. chalk up another gold fellas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

USA

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Yeah and I bet Wade Barrett really stabbed a guy for stealing his underground boxing prize so bad he can't talk about it for legal reasons and Benoit really killed Nancy

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Yeah I lose except I don't because US HEALTHCARE SYSTEM!

Trump card played, lads.

Also when't the new DEATH OF WCW coming out?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
At this year's Halloween Havoc!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gonzo McFee posted:

Yeah I lose except I don't because US HEALTHCARE SYSTEM!

Trump card played, lads.

Also when't the new DEATH OF WCW coming out?

Todd Starnes is writing it as we speak.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Wait I think I missed something, Hulk Hogan did an enzuigiri at some point in his career without exploding?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Luigi Thirty posted:

Wait I think I missed something, Hulk Hogan did an enzuigiri at some point in his career without exploding?

This is also a question I want the answer to, even though I'm like 99.99...% sure it's not true.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Luigi Thirty posted:

I swear he did one in Japan, but I don't know the match off the top of my head.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6uoks_hulk-hogan-vs-don-muraco-wwf-title_sport

Match vs Muraco. The comment says Hogan does the enziguri but I can't watch the video but hopefully the guys not a liar.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Aha, here's a gif of him hitting one on Great Muta.

http://gfycat.com/QuarterlyValuableEquestrian

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Aha, here's a gif of him hitting one on Great Muta.

http://gfycat.com/QuarterlyValuableEquestrian

The part of the match in question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIaD35Vjyeo&t=1032s

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Well I'll be damned. It's kind of odd to see Hogan doing moves that require him to give a gently caress. It was pretty clear all the way back to Hoganplex '88 that he only had those in very limited supply.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Are they going to repeat Tuesday Nitro for free as the main event of the next Nitro now that the forums work again? I think it would be great ratings.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Memento posted:

Well I'll be damned. It's kind of odd to see Hogan doing moves that require him to give a gently caress. It was pretty clear all the way back to Hoganplex '88 that he only had those in very limited supply.

hogan did a rana in 99

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Pretty sure he did one to hbk, maybe orton? I know I almost poo poo and it was in his late wwe runs.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

John Cena posted:

hogan did a rana in 99
Was 99 also the year when Kane worked a good TV match with Albert and bust out a rana?

1999, the year of the big man rana

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Now I'm just imagining Hogan as this God of wrestling who only rarely deigned to actually use his skill.

I heard Hogan did a 450 splash at a house show in Tijuana.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

If Hogan had actually done the match with Bret that was discussed after WM9 I'm interested to see how it would've gone. Probably could've been a hell of match if "work boots Hogan" could've shown up.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Yeah Hogan was never a SECRET TECHNICAL WRESTLER or anything, but in his matches in Japan before he got old and lazy/slow/crippled/whatever he actually used a variety of moves you didn't see later. And in like 1 match in 1000 in the US he'd do a thing out of nowhere then go back to boot/leg drop/etc.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Hogan hitting that enzuiguri on Muta was ugly lookin as gently caress. Impressive that his feet willingly left the ground, tho. Dude did throw a mean fuckin lariat in Japan as well.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hogan did exactly what was needed of him in the WWF of the 80s. Had they asked him to work a more believable physical style I'm sure he would have. His stuff in Japan is so different it's like watching a different person do it, so I don't blame him at all for how he did his business in the ring. When he says the leg drop took years off his career I believe him and wonder why he didn't convince Vince to let him switch to the Axe Bomber earlier - maybe he didn't think about it at the time.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Bigass Moth posted:

Hogan did exactly what was needed of him in the WWF of the 80s. Had they asked him to work a more believable physical style I'm sure he would have. His stuff in Japan is so different it's like watching a different person do it, so I don't blame him at all for how he did his business in the ring. When he says the leg drop took years off his career I believe him and wonder why he didn't convince Vince to let him switch to the Axe Bomber earlier - maybe he didn't think about it at the time.

It's probably a good reason why we are no major star really use the leg drop anymore. Didn't Hogan say the damage it did to his back ultimately shorten his height too?

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
I'm pretty sure any bump you do roughly everyday for decades is going to gently caress you up.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Monkeycheese posted:

I'm pretty sure any bump you do roughly everyday for decades is going to gently caress you up.

380 days a year flying to Japan and back brother

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Was 99 also the year when Kane worked a good TV match with Albert and bust out a rana?

1999, the year of the big man rana

I think that was 2001. Albert was Droz's back-up in '99.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Vintimus Prime posted:

It's probably a good reason why we are no major star really use the leg drop anymore. Didn't Hogan say the damage it did to his back ultimately shorten his height too?

It turns out that legdrops, especially legdrops off the top rope, are bad for you. I mean, it's been what? Nine years since he's done a legdrop?

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

ChampRamp posted:

It turns out that legdrops, especially legdrops off the top rope, are bad for you. I mean, it's been what? Nine years since he's done a legdrop?

One of the most cringe worthy spots I have seen is Matt Hardy missing a leg drop from the top of the cage on Edge back in 2005.

Edit: Just watched the video and apparently he hit the move. Maybe I am thinking of a missed leg drop from the top of the ladder during the Hardy Brothers feud in 2009. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxcUUWe7rEw

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Personally, my favourite is Johnny the Bull tearing his urethra.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011

Linking to an entire episode of 2000 Nitro should be banned by the Geneva Convention.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

X-Pac broke his rear end doing a bronco buster, and really, isn't a bronco buster just a sexier legdrop?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Endorph posted:

X-Pac broke his rear end doing a bronco buster, and really, isn't a bronco buster just a sexier legdrop?

Rikishi threw out his hip doing a stinkface.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Rikishi threw out his hip doing a stinkface.
Oh no, Fifi!

EDIT: Wait, what was the name of Torrie Wilson's dog? Fifi was Rene Dupree's dog.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Chloe.

Jazz Hoyt
Nov 25, 2007

Havoc904 posted:

One of the most cringe worthy spots I have seen is Matt Hardy missing a leg drop from the top of the cage on Edge back in 2005.

Edit: Just watched the video and apparently he hit the move. Maybe I am thinking of a missed leg drop from the top of the ladder during the Hardy Brothers feud in 2009. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxcUUWe7rEw
Matt recently did an interview where he said he couldn't walk right for six months after that cage spot. After watching it back I can see why.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Endorph posted:

Oh no, Fifi!

Ric Flair's maid?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Ric Flair's maid?

Future wife!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

coconono posted:

Hogan hitting that enzuiguri on Muta was ugly lookin as gently caress. Impressive that his feet willingly left the ground, tho. Dude did throw a mean fuckin lariat in Japan as well.

And considering how he was always talking about the size of his pythons you'd think Hogan would have switched out the legdrop for the axe bomber in WWF/WCW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

MassRafTer posted:

Future wife!

Future ex-wife!