Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Kewpuh posted:

status report shovel knight owns

I'm trying to figure out if I should get it on Wii U and 3DS or to get Pushmo World instead and use my 3DS for the games I already have for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm trying to figure out if I should get it on Wii U and 3DS or to get Pushmo World instead and use my 3DS for the games I already have for it.

Buy both idiot,,baka

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Kewpuh posted:

status report shovel knight owns

Yeah I've been just anchoring the air guys. There's no extra poo poo in the other versions of the game though is there?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Kewpuh posted:

Buy both idiot,,baka

That is also an option, I suppose.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
It's worth buying multiple times probably.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

It's worth buying multiple times probably.

I got it on Wii U but it seems like it'd work really well on a handheld since it's good for playing in short bursts.

I wish you could share saves across platforms. :qq:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Checked a faq and I'm almost done it seems. It's only been 3 hours.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

The Taint Reaper posted:

Checked a faq and I'm almost done it seems. It's only been 3 hours.

It doesn't seem like it'd be a long game but the mechanics are fun enough that it's got decent replayability.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

It doesn't seem like it'd be a long game but the mechanics are fun enough that it's got decent replayability.

It's like a theme park ride where everything just goes so smoothly.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

I'm trying to figure out if I should get it on Wii U and 3DS

Trying to figure out 3DS vs. Wii U myself.

3DS has some street pass features, while Wii U has... 5% back in DDP credit? Is the 3DS version even in 3D?

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Astro7x posted:

Trying to figure out 3DS vs. Wii U myself.

3DS has some street pass features, while Wii U has... 5% back in DDP credit? Is the 3DS version even in 3D?

Yeah, it's got 3D. I had to look that up because I never use the 3D feature on my 3DS so I never pay attention to whether something has it.

The 3D might be kinda weird though, it seems like it'd just be a foreground and background layer and that would probably be even worse on my eyes than other 3D stuff.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

catdynamite posted:

pikmin 3 owns so hard

4 real everyone buy it or choose it for your free game so we can get more pikmins

Speaking of, is the dlc just stand alone 'missions' like killing a boss or does it include new storyline missions?

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2014/resolution_notice1406e.pdf?link=rss

I think this means that Iwata is re-elected.

Champeenship fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jun 27, 2014

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Confirmed.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

thank you Iwata and thank you, Nintendo.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Nonsense posted:

Confirmed.

drat, thought something exciting was going to happen. Oh well.

At least I think they addressed the lack of games. But some of those translations were oddly worded.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

What were the voting percentages compared to last time?

E: Just wondering because he shored up his position by having the company buy back shares, right?

The_Frag_Man fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 27, 2014

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Yaoi Mandel posted:

Reminder that Fame Douglass spent $10 solely to post about how the Xbox One and Wii U are bad, while the PS4 is good

The PS4 at least hast potential, but in the end: All consoles are terrible. Buy a PC, that's where the real action and the interesting games are.

Oh, and Iwata getting more time to ruin the company was a done deal months ago.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Fame Douglas posted:

The PS4 at least hast potential, but in the end: All consoles are terrible. Buy a PC, that's where the real action and the interesting games are.

u being a loving human being was a done deal the second you registered

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

The Taint Reaper posted:

drat, thought something exciting was going to happen. Oh well.

At least I think they addressed the lack of games. But some of those translations were oddly worded.

Thank you so much for this post, I will treasure it for a long time

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

If you won't toxx on the Wii U being a successful console I think you're pretty stupid

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Fame Douglas posted:

If you post a picture of your penis I will buy a PS4 :toxx:

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

Time for EA to shine!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Saw the thread title and thought someone produced Nintendododo

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bread Set Jettison posted:

If you won't toxx on the Wii U being a successful console I think you're pretty stupid

The Wii U is never going to be a success, doing any kind of bet about it is a waste of time for all parties involved.

Austrian mook posted:

If you post a picture of your penis I will buy a PS4 :toxx:

Don't buy a PS4.

But, evidently, you willingly bought an even worse system - so you might as well buy another dumb children's toy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Success is debatable in Videogames. I mean you have Dice who can't run servers for poo poo but people keep buying their games in droves. And the only game they made that was original was Mirror's Edge but nobody bought it and the sequel is just Brink 2. Also Mirror's Edge was free of bugs were as every other DICE release was buggy as poo poo.

I think the mistake was people being forgiving for Bad Company 1 and 2 because those games made up for a lot of their faults and then DICE just made the rest of their games with all of the faults.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Fame Douglas posted:

The Wii U is never going to be a success, doing any kind of bet about it is a waste of time for all parties involved.

What a giant pussy!!!!!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I think the mistake was people being forgiving for Bad Company 1 and 2 because those games made up for a lot of their faults and then DICE just made the rest of their games with all of the faults.

Battlefield 4 is pretty dope. It's great fun on PC - and now, after several patches, it doesn't even crash anymore!

Bad Company 1 and 2 were dumbed down console Battlefields. If anything, I want the glory days of BF 1942 back (but BF4 is more than close enough)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Fame Douglas posted:

Battlefield 4 is pretty dope. It's great fun on PC - and now, after several patches, it doesn't even crash anymore!

Yeah you see this is something that a finished game should not need.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

The Taint Reaper posted:

Yeah you see this is something that a finished game should not need.

In the glorious world of PC gaming, games never need to be finished.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Bass Bottles posted:

In the glorious world of PC gaming, games never need to be finished.

Yeah, like BF4 was any better on consoles. But PC allows for much more flexibility in patching.

BRB, downloading the Zelda patch channel on my Wii!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

"early access" lol

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

Don't buy a PS4.

But, evidently, you willingly bought an even worse system - so you might as well buy another dumb children's toy.

the wii u is still a success and fun with my friends and idk why you're so grumpy about vidgames, maybe get out and go outside more? or maybe you just need a good workout routine to burn those calories and get in shape so you'll have a happier healthier life :)

gay skull fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 27, 2014

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Fame Douglas posted:

And also idk why you'd ever get a computer version of battlefield 4 it runs like a turd on computers so I'd rather just get it on ps4 or Xbox one instead

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

gay skull posted:

And also idk why you'd ever get a computer version of battlefield 4 it runs like a turd on computers so I'd rather just get it on ps4 or Xbox one instead

Fixed that

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
lmfao battlefield 4? have you ever even had sex once in your life kid

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I could go for a new Portal game TBH. I seem to enjoy most First Person games when they're not about shooting.

There was that Riven remake that was going to be a full on First Person with fully explore able environments, but Riven is in some sort of weird place legally and poo poo can't be done and I think a shitload of the assets were lost.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Gabe Newell can't count to three, so don't ever expect a portal 3, half life episode 3, team fortress 3, or Zombie Friends 3.

I think he considers too many sequels to be counterproductive to innovation and new ideas or something.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

The Taint Reaper posted:

Did they? What did they say about this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fame Douglas posted:

Yeah, like BF4 was any better on consoles. But PC allows for much more flexibility in patching.

BRB, downloading the Zelda patch channel on my Wii!

put a loaded gun in your mouth and pull the trigger

• Locked thread